[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think there is an afterlife /r9k/? Do you think that there

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Afterlife.jpg (157KB, 2408x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Afterlife.jpg
157KB, 2408x1440px
Do you think there is an afterlife /r9k/? Do you think that there is a heaven or hell? What will happen when I die?
>>
I don't believe in afterlife, but I'd love to stay in human-made 'afterlife' like in Black Mirror's San Junepiro. You get to stay young all the time and can always opt out if you want.
>>
>>34492483
Well just think about it it is impossible for their not to be one. you would have to be a idiot to not believe in them but i am going to hell >:)
>>
Of course it'd be nice, but do you really think you're important enough to warrant eternal existence?
>>
>>34492655
do you really think that yo'ure not important enough to not want eternal existence?
>>
>>34492677
I don't understand your post.

I'd certainly love to exist forever, I think everybody would, but all biology dies and there is no evidence to support the idea of some kind of "afterlife" so I can only ask if it's possible that some higher power would exert it's power to make my existence last forever, and I just can't believe such a situation.
>>
>>34492705
Why would some higher power cause me to exist in the first place?
>>
>>34492717
Exactly my point. There is no fathomable reason for any "higher power" to be mucking about with such basic lifeforms as you are I, and even if there were some deity that had created us for any reason, why would it exert the energy to make these lifeforms it had created last forever in some magical state after they expire and leave their carcasses behind? Perhaps we are but cattle being raised so our energy can be taken back so our original host can continue to exist? At any rate, it just doesn't seem likely that my "self" or any perception I now possess will remain beyond my death.
>>
>>34492705
>I'd certainly love to exist forever, I think everybody would
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
I think when you die you forget, and then you live again as if brand new, and then die and forget etc..

Amnesia keeps the game fresh
>>
>>34492805
If you didn't want to be alive, you'd be dead.
>>
>>34492814
This isn't true, you dumb fuck. Humans have an extremely strong built in survival instinct, and even when people do attempt suicide, most of the time it doesn't work because their body wants them to live. Even if someone doesn't want to die, that in no way means they want to live forever. Immortality would be the worst nightmare. You're clinically, hopelessly retarded if you think everyone wants to live forever. Please do everyone a favor and lynch yourself.
>>
>>34492813
What has caused you to think this?
>>34492832
Sorry, I have no interest in dying, and the fact that you're here posting means you don't either.
>>
>>34492483
There is an afterlife.
The particles left from your corpse will change the universe on an astronomical scale after a long time. It might sound stupid to you but if you have a bit of logic and understand basic physics you can realize why.

You won't be aware of it, true, due to consciousness not existing in these times but it won't matter as you will be eternally happy in your never ending sleep.

Your body will form new planets and lifeform and you will live forever, particles of your body being recycled by the great universe just like there are particles in your body right now, particles from star formations billions of years ago and water remnants from asteroids that have traveled entire galactical empires across just to get to you.
>>
>>34492849
enlightenment
>allegedly
>>
File: 1438566465423.jpg (56KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1438566465423.jpg
56KB, 640x640px
If it exists at all you'll go to it whether you believe in it or not, my only fear is that the afterlife would be as empty as our existence on earth.
>>
We're not speshul. We just think we are because we're intelligent enough to be self-aware and intelligent enough to have egos.
>>
File: t. kral tsagan.jpg (148KB, 928x823px) Image search: [Google]
t. kral tsagan.jpg
148KB, 928x823px
>>34492915
t. kral "the original" tsagan
>>
>>34492483
It will be like when before you were born.
>>
>>34492483
>Do you think there is an afterlife /r9k/?
I fucking hope not. Imagine finally plucking up the courage to kys yourself, only to find you respawn at the last checkpoint 30 seconds later.
>>
Afterlife would be good if I were to become a god of my own realm and do whatever the fuck I wanted to.
>>
>>34493681

Honestly this is what I hope will happen.

Any other scenario would be hellish, even if it's an "eternal paradise" afterlife.

Who the fuck wants to live in eternal bliss? That would get boring real quick.

And eternal punishment is just fucked up and cruel.
>>
>>34492655

I think every human being is important enough to warrant an afterlife.

Even the sick, deranged fuckers deserve some kind of afterlife.

I think the ideal afterlife would be a system comprised of two separate "heavens", if you will.

One heaven for the average, normal people that lived their lives out like you or I, where they can all meet and interact with eachother, and then a separate heaven for the aforementioned deranged people who are too unstable or cruel to exist peacefully with other people.

Rather than existing in the "real" heaven with the normal people, they would exist inside of a bubble universe, sort of like a dream, where they can live out their deranged fantasies how they see fit without ever actually harming another person.

Fucked up as they are, I don't think anyone deserves eternal punishment or to cease existing.
>>
>>34492483
I'd like to think that since you dream while unconscious and you cannot perceive being unconscious, when you die it's like being asleep. Your final moments would be the longest dream you've ever had.

Otherwise, you just keep seeing out of your eyes (if you still have eyes upon death) as a corpse and perceive everything, but you can't do anything about anything or even change where your eyes are looking.

Either way, I wouldn't be able to complain.
>>
>>34492483
There is nothing

It isn't just one big test, you came from nothing and you will go back to nothing

You just can't conceptualize that idea because it is literally impossible, so people make up more comforting theories than the idea of facing the eternal void that is death
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.