[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

25+ thread >How to turn your life around edition or "It's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 24

File: 1370525795519.jpg (26KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
1370525795519.jpg
26KB, 500x747px
25+ thread

>How to turn your life around edition

or "It's never too late to put a bullet through your brain"

What are you doing to improve and enrichen your lives?
>>
I'm turning 25 this summer and I've had a pretty rough go of it for the past 4 years, am I unwelcome here?

Obviously my problems have been a little more serious than "i have no gf" and "ree i cant get laid"
>>
26, I gave up on life a long time ago not that I put much effort into living anyway. I'm just floating along on the river, waiting to go over the falls.
>>
>>34483202
>28
>still live in mom's house playing minecraft
what went wrong lads
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 680x734px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 680x734px
>27
>poor
>want to make some money by selling drugs
>no customers
>>
>>34483368
I know (and hate) this feel.

>have a "plug" (source) for high-quality mushrooms
>have nobody to sell them to
>too paranoid to sell to randoms
>>
>be 25

I don't know man, it isn't that bad to bh.
Sure there's loneliness and a whole lot of regret knowing you've wasted most of your adult life. But I prefer this over being married or having a 6-8 year old kid, or both. Now those people are fucking miserable, despite the posts on normiebook every 2 hours about how they love their "little family".

I know they are more JUST than me, but probably don't know how to process it
>>
>>34483202
>What are you doing to improve and enrichen your lives?

There's no point.
I'm fairly successful and I'm still miserable.
>>
>>34483383
Sell em on the deep web nigga
>>
>>34483485
>Sell em on the deep web nigga
I'm too dumb and paranoid to even figure out how to do that without getting pinched
>>
I was a 26 year old KHV in 2010. Now 32 and in my first long term relationship. AMA.
>>
>>34483202

31 and going back to college

I just it's never to late to get a better career
>>
File: Sad doggo.jpg (60KB, 960x944px) Image search: [Google]
Sad doggo.jpg
60KB, 960x944px
>>34483202
>be loser beta who gets by being the funny kid
>one day close friend tells me that stacy likes me
>through a series of events out of my control we end up dating
>a year of happiness later i dump her because of pressure in our relationship
>ex ends up dating someone else after 5 months of waiting for me

Its been 2 years since we dated and i think about her everyday..... the mistakes i made and the horrible things i did to her haunt me. the only thing i want is too either forget her or be with her again........and i dont see either of the two options happening anytime soon
>>
File: 1422504363907.png (263KB, 975x962px) Image search: [Google]
1422504363907.png
263KB, 975x962px
>>34483202

>26
>still live with mummy
>in my room alone with the lights off watching the tv guide scroll and reading /r9k/ posts while drinking cheap vodka
>just fapped and could audibly hear mummy walk outside my room most likely listening in and realizing what i was doing then walking back to her room which is literally across the hall
>finished at the same time she shut the door
>just gonna keep swigging vodka until the embarrassment and shame that has snowballed after all these years passes me by and i collapse into a welcome but unrestful sleep

ugh
>>
File: Gazzilion.png (391KB, 433x429px) Image search: [Google]
Gazzilion.png
391KB, 433x429px
>>34483570
and i even failed to post in the wrong thread............. my entire existence is a fucking joke
>>
File: IMG-20160205-WA0004.jpg (40KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160205-WA0004.jpg
40KB, 640x640px
>25

going clubbing today, great Festival in my Little town, some cover band known all over europe is performing today. Some Boy asked why I always look so grumpy, I said im just focused.

>focused at a festival

alcohol is not helping either, it doesn't open me up or anything, I can drink until i start puking but no real mood changer for me. I'm always "focused", analyzing. Boys I know from work or other forced social occasions greet and I act like a Snob, like beeing something better. Life is hard, I just want to start a Family soon but my social awkwardness kills it for me.

>th-thanks for l-listening or reading thank you.
>>
>27
>college dropout
>unemployed
>live in mom's basement
Too pussy to an hero, so I decided to upgrade at CC so I can apply at another university, but as an engineering major. Currently seeking full-time employment to save for school. Pretty boring. Have a job interview next week and school starts in May.
>>
>>34483510

not an expert, but from what I understand

>have goods
>make account on reputable darksite/market
>introduce yourself to the concept of bitcoins
>make a wallet
>start promoting your drugs
>get a vacuum packaging machine so that you can send the stuff
>get 10000 5 stars
>never let down your guard and become busted
>withdraw your buttcoins from the site so that they don't pull the rug and run away with the monays
>>
My life seems to be on a slow upward trajectory, but at 26 it feels like it's too little too late. I'm in the best shape of my life, I'm finally working, and I am a bit better with women but it still feels like I have so far to go before I'm a typical adult.
>>
>>34483202

>26
>Work with great people
>No real chance of advancement though, so I know I have to move on eventually but don't want to
>Gave up on finding someone to love, need to fill the void with distractions, which requires greater and greater amounts of money
>Spend long months where this works, then suddenly get days where it doesn't and it fucking wrecks me every time.

I don't know how I'm going to make it. I just need to wait until my parents die, but if my grandparents are any indication, that could be when I'm 60
>>
>>34483202
what is this bullshit about oh no 25 is too late, just because some dumb asshole married a ho at 24 and jewed himself with a house at 26 doesn't mean that 25 is somehow old. I get the job seeking complication but apart from that what the heck, males have endless amounts of time compared to females and nobody cares about their past after they made a comeback, that's one of the great things about being male
>>
File: 1398631218980.jpg (281KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1398631218980.jpg
281KB, 1600x1064px
Anyone tried learning something?
I'm 25 with no education, got several things I want to learn how to do, like play the guitar, speak jap, program, draw etc, but any time I start I just give up instantly
I just have no energy for anything that takes effort, it sucks. It feels like the one way out of this shitty lifestyle would be to learn how to program and create something, but I just can't be bothered

Living with parents still is pretty ass too.
>>
>>34483693
I'm 32 now, and I the older I get, the more I think being an adult is more a gradient.

You never turn into an adult, you just get wiser. Every two years, I look back at myself two years ago and think "god, what a retard"
>>
File: 1422068437662.jpg (86KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1422068437662.jpg
86KB, 500x484px
>Getting older and older
>Feel like I can't meet a girl until I have my life figured out and finally earn some money
>Don't want to ruin a good person with how shitty my mood and personality is
>Every good girl will be taken
>Slow realization that I'll die alone
>>
File: ronaldo.jpg (97KB, 726x628px) Image search: [Google]
ronaldo.jpg
97KB, 726x628px
>>34483202
If you want to turn your life around, you need to just decide what it is that you want in life and totally devote yourself to that all the time. Get really serious about it.

Don't think about how old you are (it's just numbers), or how much time you've wasted (more numbers), or how badly your parents messed you up. Just eject all that shit out of the airlock.

From now on there is only you and what you want.
>>
>26
>Been with the same girl for 9 years
>Still driving the same car
>Living in the same appartment for 6 years
>Still haven't made a good video game... :(

I think I'm coasting through life.
>>
>26
>life has fallen apart in the past few months
>owe IRS from all the overtime I worked trying to make a living wage
>spending 50% of my income on rent
>relationship of 5 years ended
>developed sciatica so now my physical pain matches the emotional

Other awful shit happened that I can't even bring myself to type. I just want someone to love me and support me while I work through this difficult time.
>>
>>34484552
Based Ronaldo.
>>
>>34483529
Where did you meet?

Original
>>
BA in English from Duke
MA in History from Columbia

Speak Japanese

fucking utterly unemployable at age 29

thinking about getting an MBA...?

also applying to jobs but i might as well be buying lottery tickets

what do

>just finished jacking off in my childhood bedroom
>>
>>34483899
Start by putting in just an hour a day. Right after work, or whatever else you do. You can get pretty good at Japanese within a year.
>>
File: wut3.png (337KB, 397x474px) Image search: [Google]
wut3.png
337KB, 397x474px
>>34485157
>tfw didn't even get a degree at community college
>no job
it doesn't get better down here either anon
>>
>>34485157
MBA might not be a bad idea. I ended up in marketing after a BA.
>>
>>34485188
does it pay ok / is it mildly interesting? aka does it keep a gun out of your mouth at night?
>>
half of the problem seems to be that there is this entire tier of wageslavery (from minimum wage to, say, $39,000 a year) in the big metropolitan areas that basically exists because wagies are supported by their parents or the government or are desperate immigrants or something, and companies can get away with paying them jack shit

it's hard to get past that really shit level of pay
>>
>>34483383
I'll buy them lmao I've been looking for good shrooms.
>>
>>34485270
>in the big metropolitan areas

Found your problem. Stop living in urban shitholes and suddenly you'll be able to support yourself easily because you won't be paying Goldberg thousands of dollars a month in rent.
>>
>>34485303
you may be on to something friend
>>
File: uznszglosc2y.jpg (56KB, 800x539px) Image search: [Google]
uznszglosc2y.jpg
56KB, 800x539px
>25
>college dropout
>work bad job with bad hours
>have no money
>live at home
>want to go to trade school but dont know how to get started
>have to balance work and school
>can't play games anymore if I do
>stuck

Doesn't feel good. What should I do?
>>
>>34485224
Yes to both, though I'm at a startup. I wouldn't want to market diapers or toilet paper.

That said, I'm working toward a more independent career (indie game dev) so I'm not looking to stick around for 40 years.
>>
>26
>Have banged 8 girls since losing vcard less than 2 years ago
>Feelsgoodman

I was never ugly or anything, I just had to get over a lot of anxiety. Every time I go out now I try to be a little more social, seems like its easier though to talk to people once you aren't a virgin. You feel like much less of an alien. Definitely was a snowball effect after I finally got laid though.
>>
>>34485325

Well, let's see:

Urban:
>full of smog and pollution
>full of niggers
>inflated cost of living because normies pack themselves into cities
>crowds everywhere
>traffic everywhere

Rural:
>full of beautiful wild nature
>full of whites
>can buy a house and acres of land for the same price as some shithole apartment in the city
>>
>>34485329
You don't want an answer, you want the feeling to change and the reason you're in your situation right now is because you're depending on a feeling to change before you act.
Explore options. It's that simple. And yes, you do have options, you're crossing them out before they hit the paper and all it's doing is prolonging the situation.

Procrastination is a result of a comfortable life. Even if it's not what you call comfortable, your brain learns to adapt to whatever you're doing so that's your 'normal', and so anything outside of that will 'feel wrong'.
Which is why listening to feelings to make logical, intelligent decisions is always a bad choice. Listening to feelings to see if you want to spend time with a person or continue reading a book? Great. Listening to feelings to decide a career past. Dumb. Your feelings will always say the same thing, time will pass, and you will wonder why you didn't do the damn thing you wanted to do sooner.
You're cheating yourself of life, everyone is, and the sooner you understand that feelings are dumb and you need to stop listening to their 'advice' for complex problems like how to make a living in bumfuckinstan. They do not know shit. Luckily, you do. Stop acting like you're helpless and you might find out that you control your own life after all, someday.

Me? Well, I'm an autist on disability with a four hour a week job and paid apartment. I got all of it referred to me through therapy and programs I applied for, took three years for the first program, then I got lucky twice and got into a housing program and then paid housing for life and a job through the same place to boot.

I had nothing. I still have nothing. All I did was ask my dad for help. I still remember going to the therapist the first time and not understanding the most basic part about mental illness of spermagatism. The worst part? I was a psych major college dropout. I am very, very retarded.
>>
36 khv.

at this point, i think my beta bux are the only thing that would appeal to a woman.
>>
>>34485079
We tell people that we met through a friend because she needed an engineer to consult as part of her VC work.

We actually met during a BDSM interest group meetup.
>>
I can't remember the last time I had fun
>>
>>34483570
Contact her and apologize. Only move you can really make at this point. At least you'll get it off your chest, and you never know what response you might get.
>>
>>34485625
>spermagatism
?
>>
>>34485625
I wanted to add that I always wanted to be a writer and finally started five months ago. Right now I'm procrastinating on my novels again and they drive me insane with worry, but I basically have permission from the government to never give a fuck about anything again and I'm still trying. Something needs to fill the day.

It's not easy, but I think the truth I've found is that you don't need easy. No one does. Humans were built to thrive in the harshest conditions, you get rewarded for it, you enjoy it. In fact, the only reason you probably feel miserable right now is because you're not using your advantages to do things you want to do in life, like get laid.
I will ascend to wizardhood soon and I have no plans or will to combat it. I have no problem talking to people, I hate most people's company and get physically and mentally drained even being around people I find pleasant and attractive.
Good luck. You don't need it, but take it anyways. I'll see you from my crystal ball in my tower, soon, anon.
>>
27. I've developed a "plan" on how to better myself. It isn't much, but it should eventually put me back into a somewhat "normal" swing of things and fix a lot of my problems. I hope to be through with it by the time I'm 30.
>>
>>34485729
Technical term for autism that only coo- I made it up.
>>
>>34485769
What did they actually diagnose you with?
>>
>>34485745
where do you live were you get Disabilitybux and a house?
>>
>Reading Clarel by Melville
>Struggling to understand it
How do I improve my reading skills/vocabulary so I can truly appreciate literature?
>>
>>34485861
I use one of those hand held electronic dictionaries.
>>
File: 1365475090228.jpg (418KB, 747x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1365475090228.jpg
418KB, 747x1417px
>>34485861
Read some easier books if that one is too hard. Something I used to do was to look up every word I ran across that I didn't know. This helped my vocabulary quite a bit. Also with classical literature, I'd suggest getting editions with annotations, such as Penguin Classics, which will help explain the context, allusions, etc.
>>
File: how-to-read-and-why.jpg (37KB, 323x500px) Image search: [Google]
how-to-read-and-why.jpg
37KB, 323x500px
>>34485861
Oh, and I suggest that you check this book out as well.
>>
>>34485856
autism, major depressive disorder, anxiety disorder
this was in the DSM-IV era, I applied until I got in front of a judge and the judge was like "well lol you seem like a worthless sack of shit here's money for life"
>>34485860
USA, I won some 'lottery' and got a local nonprofit to sponsor me or something, I don't know how that works. Then the state cut funding to them and I got on the federal goverment's Housing Association whatever thing, section eight, I guess? Basically that. Federal government stepped in, literally thanks obama.
I have no idea how any of that shit happened, I had a case manager who handled everything.
>>
File: kek ryan.png (143KB, 329x315px) Image search: [Google]
kek ryan.png
143KB, 329x315px
>>34486026
Are you afraid of them cutting your funding?
>>
>>34486075
Nah. I'll be surprised if any of the welfare programs actually get touched, that's like going to /r9k/ for advice on how to get a girlfriend. I get medicare/caid(both) as well, could go for food stamps too but because of how it works I would get like 30 bucks a month for it. I pay 88 bucks in rent, used to be 160ish under the state funded nonprofit.
Apartment would be 900 a month, normally.
>>
>>34486210
Damn so you're on SSD? Did your therapist get you a case worker?
>>
>>34486306
Better fix that right rear tail light buddy.
>>
>>34486322
My dad handled it. When I finally got it, they gave me SSI as well as SSD, I worked for five years highschool to college as an usher so I qualified. I didn't get a case manager until I got into a housing program, as part of that they gave me a case manager but I already had everything I could get by then.
My therapist was the one who referred me to the housing program, I wouldn't have heard of it or been accepted otherwise.
>>
>>34486463
Very nice setup. I've been wageing for over four years now and am seriously considering stopping and trying to get bux. No mental issues though. At least ones that are outwardly exhibited.
>>
>>34486463

Sounds like living the dream. Fucking SSD/SSI so hard to get, denied twice never appealed . Is it worth it to appeal?
>>
30 here, wish I was 25 even though back then I was already going nowhere

>>34483886
>males have endless amounts of time compared to females

What
>>
>>34483554
Are there any other robots like this one? I want a little inspiration and encouragement right now bros
>>
>>34486655
Not him but for what ailment? I hear it's good to appeal because you get a judge to hear the case and they are more sympathetic.
>>
File: _66108616_penanietortr.jpg (10KB, 304x405px) Image search: [Google]
_66108616_penanietortr.jpg
10KB, 304x405px
>>34486706
>What

Exhibit A: This is the current president of Mexico. He's 50 years old. Find me a female that looks equivalently good at that age.

You've got time to make it my dude, just relax and take care of your mind and body.
>>
>>34486706
>wish I was 25
what would you have done differently? i'm here to learn desu.
>>
>>34487039
Yeah, a man's value can increase rather than decrease as you age. It won't necessarily, you have to cultivate it of course. But if you can get your shit in order no one is going to care that you were a loser when you were younger.
>>
>>34483394
raising children is suffering but at least theres a light at the end of the tunnel.

neetdom is hopeless however
>>
>>34485625
>>34485745

I get what you mean autismbux anon but I went from having a few bad days to bad weeks, then bad months to bad years and before I knew it I was talking about having bad decades

I just need a break you know?
>>
>>34487039

Except that even in this age a woman can still expect to be kept while the amount of men that get a sugar mommy is so low its almost a legend. For example the number of female hobos is an order of magnitude lower than male hobos, why? because everybody runs to help a woman but not to help a man. The few female hobos you see are fugly as hell while on the other hand there are more than a few good looking guys who end up in the streets.

And yes there are plenty of 50yo women who still look good, and a lot of 50yo dudes would look good tho if they were richfags born into a family of richfags in a near-feudal country were its still common for people to have servants like that guy pena nieto is
>>
>>34483693
26 is not old at all. tons of people never get their shit together.
>>
>>34487395

I used to think about that and wondering what would be of me when I'm old if I don't have any kids to take care of me, but then I saw all the old people whose kids and grandkids never visit them and who get sent to a home the moment they become even the slightest nuisance

The only thing worse than not having kids to help you must be having kids who despite all you did for them don't give a fuck about you anymore
>>
>>34487079

>what would you have done differently? i'm here to learn desu.

Not waste my time? I was actually far more active and doing something with my life together back then than now. I wasn't even lurking on places like these since I had shit to do, was still in college and thinking about building my own company

A lot of the things that went bad were simply outside my control so I can't blame myself really but my shitty ass luck: that company? it went bust because the market went to shit. College? I dropped out to make that company and the ensuing depression after the crash kept me from going back. Soon I had to move with my parents not because I had no money but because they started having serious health issues and since I wasn't in business or school anymore I had no excuse to not help them

What about you younger anon? whats your situation?
>>
I try and either watch something educational (The Great War or ReJoyce currently), read or lift on work nights. I'm also going to try and listen to different music I already have as spending years on /mu/ as a neet has given me a huge backlog of pretentious gay music
>>
File: 1451278292650.jpg (5KB, 158x120px) Image search: [Google]
1451278292650.jpg
5KB, 158x120px
>sibling and friends dying when I was younger
>menial tasks cause my head to wander and come back with the tendrils of all the shit I've dealt with and cause me to breakdown therefore school dropped me claiming I wasn't "trying"
>too afraid of failure and so much paranoia over tedious things
>shrink keeps talking metaphoric feelings shit and doesn't get anywhere
>pills don't work and cost too much
>the thought of waking up ten years later with grade 11 education and wanton threads of suicide
>the paranoia that people see past my charm and cheery personality and see something horrible and slimy lurking beyond my skin
>the pathetic wishing that things would be different and life would not be so damning
>understood long ago that I can never be with anyone in a romantic scenario

At least the clock still ticks forward closer to the inevitable end where I can sleep
>>
>>34487927
Some people are actually just shitty parents, you know.
>>
>>34488324

Its funny because I know a guy who was the shittiest parent ever and his fucking kids worship his ass.
>>
>>34483202
>25+

>tfw turned 25 last year
>just as aimless as 17
>working construction because you can be aimless and still have a career in that field
>love a girl who lives a thousand miles away
>she's told me she'd marry me if I moved there
>I refuse to, it's too cold and I'm too in love with the southern coast
>don't even have desire for other women, after seven years she's still the only one I'd ever want
>she feels the same way

My autism basically prevents me from living in cold areas, even though ironically enough my autism also loves the views and communities that almost exclusively inhabit cold environments. I drink a lot.
>>
>>34488345
Well you can never know for sure how it will work out. I do think that for most cases of children abandoning their parents, it is due to some severe fault in the parenting. Not all of course.
>>
>>34488372

Maybe, maybe not. From what I seen the kids that get the most are also the least empathetic ones even to their parents.

On the other hand those that were starved for affection are like dogs: whenever their parents say "come here" the idiots leave everything they are doing and go there

Keep in mind the guy I mentioned wasn't a child abuser or some shit like that but he had like 12 kids (no joke) and so they were poor af. Sure they are all idiots but the fact is they care about their shit no-good dad while I seen better parents that don't get anything from their kids
>>
>>34483202
>32
Nothing.

I'm literally waiting for a better job to find me.
>>
>>34488505
>waiting for a better job to find me

>not seeking it out yourself and applying yourself like it's the only thing that matters in your life
What's your Tumblr URL?
>>
>>34483202

I lift regularly. Feels good, looks good. Get attention from women and people take you more seriously.

I read to such a point that it's almost a fault, but it's much more enriching than videogames and television.

I'm not rich, but I'm about thirty days away from being entirely debt free.

Currently single but content with that. Miles better than the codependent shitshows that were past relationships. Still occasionally get laid, but it's no longer a top priority or something I judge my own value based upon.

Getting really fucking good at things that were previously pastime tier. Trying to think of ways to monetize them.

I'm not king shit of success, but I actually feel good about myself. I'm confident to the point that it borders on arrogance. I'm assertive. I'm intelligent. I am becoming more capable in many ways as time passes.

I quit smoking trees for now. Was smoking myself retarded. Not blaming the tree for my laziness, and I will smoke again in the future, but it's nice to have a clearheaded perspective without a crushing boredom being held at bay by overuse of ganja.

I still drink but only once weekly instead of wageslave stupor cycle.

Went from a pack a day of cigs to about half. Still chipping away.

Gaining a clarified sense of what I consider to be worthwhile, worth pursuing. Gaining a sense of my own values and standards.

Feels amazing to be on a gradual incline than a downward spiral.

You can do better anons. I believe in you.
>>
>tfw soon 26 and just 10k $ accumulated wealth
>>
I'm sleeping as much as I can
>>
File: pic 17.jpg (162KB, 1233x854px) Image search: [Google]
pic 17.jpg
162KB, 1233x854px
Bit of an odd question and it will look like attention whoring but here goes.

Most women where I live have had something like 25 sex partners by the age of 25.

>Would my dick look small to them?
>Would I be able to keep a woman satisfied with it or just attempt one night stands?

I'm asking because I've been lifting and a few women are starting to notice me, but I get the impression that among those 25 dudes there's usually guys bigger than me that they might sigh and think "If only he was like whatshisface" when they see mine.
>>
>>34490365
If your cock isn't at least 12" I'm afraid you'll never be capable of pleasing a woman.
>>
Bump desu
u
m
p

d
e
s
u
>>
File: Michael Jordan NOOOO.jpg (406KB, 2193x2617px) Image search: [Google]
Michael Jordan NOOOO.jpg
406KB, 2193x2617px
>I'll just take that free period at the end of the day.
>I won't need an extra class, when will I ever need biology/chemistry.
>Fast forward 7 years.
>Everything needs a highschool science to enter.

Wish I could slap young me in the fucking face for being such a shithead making all this extra work for me.
>>
>>34490365
>Most women where I live have had something like 25 sex partners by the age of 25.
Where the fuck do you live? This screams of hyperbole.

In any case, I'll invest in fluffing your ego and let you know that you're of more than adequate size. Girth is important too and you're aces there, buckaroo. Your bigger concern is developing some confidence and stop being so self-conscious cause you aren't going to get a lady to screw with for repeats with that attitude.
>>
>27 khv
>tfw i want to get back into drawing
I've downloaded the books recommended by /ic/ and bought an intuous pro L
But their guide says "four hours a day for a year"
shit is overwhelming. I didn't even start yet
I just do the math in my head and it kills me
eight to five (or sometimes later) is my job i'm at home around six then eating, cleaning and shit till around seven
NOW add the four hours and we are at eleven without any relaxing
shit
>>
>29.
>socially retarded.
>never went to college.
>missed most if not all the important milestones throughout life.
>I have very, very little work experience
>NEET currently and live with my Dad.

After my Dad dies I'm considering suicide via Morphine OD.

One of the most blissful ways to die.
>>
>>34492085
Anything you want to get good at you should try to do for at least an hour a day. Demanding four hours seems extreme, honestly. If you have that much time, great, but most people won't. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>34492210
wha not change country?
>>
Moved back home a little under a week ago. In the middle of detoxing right now. Got some STD tests and stuff. Looking for work right now. Get some more entry-level stuff for now and my dad can try to get me in where he is in a year or two if I manage to stay clean. They pay pretty well and they'll probably overlook my record if family put in a good word for me. So I guess I'm starting to fix my mess of a life.
>>
>>34487039
Being a well aged, good looking NEET at 50 is still a NEET at 50.

Males aging better has little relevance to the issues confronting the average robot.
>>
How do people even get motivated? It's impossible.
>>
>>34493015
Do you feel any hatred towards your former dealers?
>>
>>34493129
Not really. They didn't make me do what I did. If they hadn't sold to me, somebody else would have.
>>
29 here.
>Failed normie.
>Got fired from 3 jobs back to back to back.
>Was homeless.
>Was sucidal.
>Pussied out, moved back in with parents.
>Got shitty temp job (under employed, don't work 40 hours a week.
>Apply to better job.
>Intense dread breaks me.
>Oh I'll finish this later.
>"Oh I'll do this later"
>Can't bring myself to better myself because I know I'll fuck up.
>Thoughts of suicide.
>Dream of it.
>Want it.
>Can't bring myself to do it. I was close last time.
>I'm so ashamed.

Everything I do is failure.
I'm even ashamed for trying. All this effort is a huge waste.
>>
>>34493112
The sadness just became too much. I couldn't bear living this life anymore, and I couldn't kill myself. The only thing left is to try and fix it. Maybe I'll fail in the end, but I'll try. I can't bear doing nothing anymore. There is a chance I could have a happy life, even if it's very small and distant right now.
>>
>>34493153
How old are you? How long did it take to get to this stage?
>>
>>34493146
Whatever floats your boat Anon, but I think they've done monstrous evil. I'm glad you got clean. Hopefully their other victims do as well.
>>
I'm 28 and collect neetbux and do freelance work in photography.

It's really hard for me to imagine photography carrying my career of any significant amount of cash without it being extremely wagecuck work. I could wagecuck in all sorts of fields, right?

So after talking more about my thoughts with my psychologist I had when I was a teenager, he supported my application for disability bux.

It's still ongoing, but here's hoping.
>>
>>34493172
27. I got my first (shitty) job last year. After high school I went to college part time and got an associates degree, but I was NEET for about 4 years after that, ending last year. Not because I couldn't find a job, but I wouldn't even look for one. I was in a bad depression, and I'm not saying I'm over it or I'm in a good position now. I'm not, and I have a lot of work to do, but I'm doing what I can. I've got goals I'm slowly working towards. Next is buying a car, which I should be able to do in a few months. Then try and find a better job. I guess it took me 4 years to finally get motivation.
>>
File: 1483948566228.jpg (69KB, 611x548px) Image search: [Google]
1483948566228.jpg
69KB, 611x548px
Tried to murder hope. It didn't go as planned whatsoever.
At least I'm drunk now.
>>
>Have $50,000 in savings
>no idea what to do with it

how can I turn this in to a decent monthly income brobots?
>>
>>34493226
That's cool to hear anon, good for you. I'm jealous of your outlook
>>
Turned 25 a few days ago. I've been mourning the death of my best years and youth since I was 23 and with every year I'm getting more and more depressed. Is there any hope?
I'll finish my studies at 26 (community college, didn't have any will to do better/couldn't afford) and then need to find myself out there.
I go around campus and see all those attractive females going for specific types of guys of which I am the absolute antipode to, it really fucking bums me to see how fast my life has been wasted.

I don't think I'll be able to ever get a relationship, or to experience the things that seem so trivial to the majority of people, like cuddling with a girl or having close friends. Lately I've been dwelling on why the fuck I got this unfortunate order of events that led me to become one of the few who are outcasts who have never experienced any of that shit and this is so fucking depressing. I really don't know how long I can get this on, I still have hope things will turn out better at some point, I guess humans will always keep hope
>>
>>34493237
Buy onaholes for robots and harvest their semen to sell to sperm banks.
>>
>>34493221
Anon if photography really inspires you, you should go out on a limb and do something really innovative and crazy. Now that you have NEETbux, you basically have infinite time to work on something. I can't give you any specific ideas, but maybe do something technological, maybe related to drones or AI or holography. I could see plenty of ways photography could be made cool again.
>>
>>34493258
Thanks. I hope you'll be able to find motivation for yourself as well. If you can find a way to work toward something, the load seems to lighten up, even though you're working. That doesn't seem like it would make sense, but it's how it is, I think. I still go through dark patches and I want to just quit all of it, but I can't since there's nothing to go back to. I just have to let the negative emotion out and it will pass eventually.
>>
>>34493237
Step 1: shave a nephew and pretend he has cancer
Step 2: buy like 20,000 dollars worth of prize shit
Step 3: pretend it's a charity thing
Step 4: Have a massive raffle with over 20,000 people buying 5 dollar tickets
Step 5: 80,000 dollars of profit
>>
For all you GF-starved robots out there with absolutely no prospects in women what-soever consider taking the plunge and going to some kind of rave. The cheesier of vibe the party the better. I'm talking like happy raves with smiley face symbols and all that.

Honestly, it is so much better than holding out to meet someone in 'normal' life... especially if those things have ended or never really begun.

Keep in mind a lot of the socialization time at events like that takes place before and after the party itself (it's loud in there!) so don't be eager to run home.

At the very least if you absolutely hate it you will probably have a more clear direction of where you need to go to find that GF.
>>
>>34493311
Yeah that does make sense. Usually the thought of something is much worse than the action. But it's a lot easier to not give a fuck than it is to start giving a fuck, unfortunately.
>>
>>34492085
Stick to it bruh
But maybe cut the hours in half
>>
>>34493306
You're absolutely right. That was a huge part in why I decided to 'embrace' my previous problems instead of trying to bury them and officially declare to the government "I need help!"

I'm quite good at stuff involving photography at night. So my idea is to do psychedelic nightscapes by painting trees and mushrooms and such with coloured flashlights and LEDs.

Problem is that there are no leaves right now. Hah.
>>
>>34493268
In my experience, romantic loneliness mostly goes away after cumming. Guys who get really depressed over nogf have deeper underlying problems, which are probably more closely related to having no or few friends. I can't tell you how to fix the latter, but with an open mind you can befriend just about anyone. (Except shallow people. Shallow people will always suck.)
>>
File: 1484943501382.jpg (33KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
1484943501382.jpg
33KB, 467x700px
>>34485329

I'll tell you what I did

> be me, 26 years old, uni dropout, living on my dad's couch, no job, no money, no options

> got a shitty telemarketing job, I fucking hated it and wanted to kill myself every day before I went to work

then I had an epiphany. I started making a long term plan.

>did the security license exam on the internet after taking the online course. Cost 300 and took about 4 weeks to do
>got a job as a night security guard at a commercial building. In an 8 hour shift I had only about 2 hours of work to do, I could do whatever I wanted for the other 6, I was alone. I could jerk off at work or sleep if I wanted to, or play vidya, whatever.
>saved up money to go back to school and move out
>balancing work and school wasn't so hard because I had that job. I could do about 2 hrs of homework every shift and get a B+ average and still play vidya for 4 hrs/day
>on weekends I could just fuck around and fap to hentai

I graduated uni. I'm 30 now, I live with a gf in a nice apartment, still have that easy job and now I have a degree and can move forward in life.

You have options.
>>
>>34493237
1 shave nephew and say he has cancer
2 make flyers for fundraiser
3 buy shit to bbq
4 get like 20,000 people to come
5 sell over priced bbq plates
6 buy shit to raffle
7 make raffle tickets 5$
8 100k of profit
9 get nephew a new Xbox for his assistance
>>
>>34490365
your sense of reality is fucked. I live in a major metropolitan center. By 25 I had fucked over 30 women, but the avg 25 yr old woman here has had about 4-6 sex partners. Also, seriously, unless you have a micropenis, the size of your dick is just unimportant, don't be retarded.
>>
>>34493366
You're probably right. My family is extremely pressuring about this, and now I'm just frightened of letting them down. I even moved out (at 24) in order to avoid it as much as possible.
I'm not really bad at making new friends, I'm just awful at keeping contact with them so they all vanish very fast.
Thank you though anon
>>
>>34493344
But do you really not give a fuck? Maybe you don't, I don't know. But I know that's something that I used to tell myself, that I didn't care about things like making myself better. The truth was though that I cared about it very deeply. It was continually on my mind. But I couldn't bring myself to act on it until recently.
>>
>>34493237

for fuck sake, do you know anything about investing? I have a degree in economics and I could give you a real answer, I'd need to know more about you, though.

Where do you live, what do you plan on doing in the next 10 years? Do you want to live in a shitty apartment and build wealth in the stock market, or do you need to buy property?
>>
>>34493372
Do you think a security license is worth it for someone who doesn't look like they could secure anything out of anyone? I'm 5'10, 145 lbs. Not exactly a powerhouse
>>
>>34493364
No Anon, I meant go beyond just another novel concept. Think of the most batshit insane idea you've ever had remotely related to light, and try to make it real. If it's a multi-month project just to do the basic research, even better.
>>
>>34493416
Yeah that's a really valid question. I don't think I can answer that to be honest. I'm so used to have the impulse of saying I don't give a fucking it's difficult to even judge if I do or not. I guess what I should have said is "it's easier to say I don't give a fuck".
>>
>>34493422
I live with the parents, don't even have a car.

I literally don't even know where to begin
>>
>>34493431
Thanks for the motivation. I was going to write a lot of words to try and "prove" why my idea is on that level, but it would be better to just execute.
>>
>>34493430

Dude, you won't be hired as a bouncer but if you're on r9k you don't want to be a bouncer anyway.

They hire 5 foot zero fat brown girls as security guards for the night shift in condos and commercial buildings. It's not like being security at an airport, the job is very low-key, you don't need to be able to fight, it's customer service. They key is to tell your employer some excuse as to why you need night shift. Tell them you're in school during the day even if it's not true, then they will give you night shift. Get ajob somewhere where you will work alone. Being alone on th enight shift is the best decision I ever made in my life.
>>
>>34493413
>My family is extremely pressuring about this

Are you Oriental? They have this thing about getting the children married off.
>>
>>34493447

but where do you live? Rural area? Suburbs? City? Is it expensive? Just tell me your location so I know what hte real estate is like
>>
>>34493458
Yeah, true. I do know someone that did this, actually. They work as security at a condo and it seems not bad. I live in a city where there are a TON of condos/apartments.
>>
>>34493444
Maybe that's something you should think about then, what you actually care about. It might help you make some decisions or end up motivating you in some way.
>>
>>34493475
what city? I might be able to give you some advice on the companies there
>>
>>34493455
May I see a sample of any of your other work? I don't know shit about photography but I'm curious about your style.
>>
>>34493463
No, I'm actually white American
>>
>hit 22 with no real prospects or hope for the future
>decide i'll go through every course my local college (sort of like american community college i guess) offers
>find one in STEM
>do course
>love it
>transfer to diploma
>get diploma in my STEM field
>graduate at 25
>get job in field
>220k a year starting
>26 now, on my way to buying a home, happily single

ya'll need to stop wallowing in pity and the shitty "robot" lifestyle that is forced upon you on this awful board and try make something of yourself.
>>
>>34493488
Toronto, Canada
I'm wondering if they are all full-time or part-time. Maybe you could elaborate more on what to look for in terms of securing that "do nothing" period. I would love to be able to bring in a laptop and do things like browse the net, or do computer work like video editing, photoshop, etc. Seems like killing two birds with one stone
>>
I'm finally starting my designer furniture / mirrors project with my money put aside. I was basically fapping and smoking weed for half a year since I quit my job. It set me back mentally quite big.
>>
>>34493496
>a fucking white male

Do you have any idea how privileged you are?
>>
>>34493464
I live pretty rural in a flyover state
>>
File: 3 (104 of 190).jpg (514KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
3 (104 of 190).jpg
514KB, 1080x720px
>>34493495
It was really hard to pick what image to show you. Primarily what I've done commercially is in the music industry, like at nightclubs and festivals... or like cosplay and generic portraiture? Things that are sort of random to just toss out on r9k. So when I was looking through random other types of shots like nature photos I thought I should include this one, which was taken a few years back and sort of inspired the idea to do more night landscapes. Now I want to bring in what I've learned from photographing at concerts and music festivals and such with what you see here. Sort of. It's hard to explain.
>>
File: 1402453866612.gif (999KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1402453866612.gif
999KB, 500x375px
>>34493372
>>34493458
Actual good advice on r9k about bettering yourself.
>>
>>34493511

okay, here's the scoop:

Paragon will give you a site with a semi-rotating shift. You will work evenings one week, and the night shift the other week. This isn't terrible, but isn't ideal.

G4S will give you a shitty schedule at first, like working thurs-monday, but at least it's a fixed schedule and not rotating, and if you can stick with it for ~6 months you will get what you want: the Mon-Fri night shift, which is 0000--0800

Condor security also has fixed night shifts, but they are more hardcore, you will have to do weekend training with them a lot.

There are some smaller companies you can look into as well. Stay away from Primary Response. I could explain why, but it would take too long. If you get hired by them, remember that I warned you, you WILL regret it.

Intelligarde is a good company but not what you're looking for - they have no slacker sites, they are hardcore.

So go for G4S first, or Paragon second, or a smaller company if you find one near you.

The night shift in a condo is liek this:

0000-0100: a little busy, people coming home, you have to be there and smile at them as they get home, still not hard work.

0100-0130: do some patrols, get shit done.

0130-0630: fuck around and do whatever the fuck you want

0630-0800: you have to be at the desk, some light work like giving people parcels, still not difficult.
>>
25. i quit drugs and booze 5 days ago. i was a daily, 24/7 user

things are coming back to me. they're just "ok", but it's better than living on a paranoid roller coaster. everything is fine. i'm gonna start eating better

work is boring. i got a friend request on a porn site today. it's cold
>>
>>34493548

okay, if you plan on staying in your city/town, I would recommend you save up and buy a small house or townhouse. Real estate is a solid investment if you don't plan on moving.

If you do plan on moving, my advice would be

a) if you don't need the money anytime soon, put it in index funds like the Dow Jones, S&P 500

b)if you need it soon, then put some of it, like 30% in index funds, another 30% in securities and bonds, and keep the rest as cash in a high interest savings account.
>>
>tfw you finally realize you're an aspie at 27

Wtf no wonder my life has been a series of social fuck-ups leading me into avoidant tendencies

What do I do with my newly realized aspergers power? Ramp it up and fuck with normies?
>>
File: 1484469854974.png (257KB, 832x680px) Image search: [Google]
1484469854974.png
257KB, 832x680px
>won't graduate until 26, Mech Engineering
>still live with parents out in the sticks (commute is 40m+ each way)
>not happy with physique
>I can only pull cluster b women apparently.
>Can't really connect to anyone, only made 1 real friend during my stint in college

My plan right now is to basically throw out most of my food and start setting up an exercise schedule. Considering moving north to Seattle when I graduate and get a soft reboot. Not really sure how to become develop actual connections though. Maybe I'll check out that Dale Carnegie "How to win Win Friends" book people are always shilling.
>>
>>34493582
Thanks for the friendly security advice :)
>>
>>34493603
would that let me stop wageslaving?
>>
>>34493531
I don't know man. I hear so much about my privilege and how I don't deserve to get fair treatment or any support that I don't feel like this privilege thing is worth it anymore. It certainly didn't help me avoid being a broke kissless loser virgin who was too stupid to even get a degree, did it?
>>
>>34493508
What field brochacho?
>>
>>34493567
That's very cozy and surreal Anon. It reminds me of a Martian landscape with plants mysteriously growing on it. You could always doctor NASA photos in various creative ways I suppose.

>nightclubs and festivals
>being this normie

>cosplay
Nvm, you're alright.
>>
>>34493582
Another Torontofag here- do you know if all companies require security license?

I don't want to be tested on fitness or guns and pay for a course, I just want to be a night guard at some building or a factory and do jackshit for 8 hours.
>>
>>34493645
np
>>34493655
not yet. 50K isn't going to get you set. You need to find a job you can stand. Go look at my posts about being a night security guard.

Just find a job you can do and not hate it, one that you can keep, and save 10-15% of your income every month. 50K is a good start. If you can save a little every month it will snowball and eventually you will be able to stop wageslaving. Just don't go blow that 50k, man .
>>
>>34493677

all companies require a license, it's the law.

Getting a license is easy. You could write and pass the exam right now, it's just designed to keep out the illiterate immigrants. It's just bullshit. It's just a small waste of time and money, but then you get your license.

If you just want to be a concierge they won't give a fuck if you can use a gun, dumb dumb, nor if you are fit, they will care if you can use a computer, read/write, and provide basic customer service.
>>
>>34493708
Is your advice limited to Canada? The idea of a night job that lets me study is pretty damned tempting, as someone from the Pacific Northwest.
>>
>>34493744

No, I'd imagine the way things are done in Oregon/Washington is similar. You probably need a license, just like here, and the nature of the job is probably similar. I bet even in America, condo concierges are not armed nor expected to know how to deal with armed intruders.

It's different if we're talking guarding a bank or something, so you need to aim for a low-key site. Be the night guard for a condo in a low crime (white) neighbourhood, or the night guard in a small office building.
>>
to give you guys an honest example

I've been doing the night shift for 4.5 years. 3 years in one condo, 1.5 in another, both easy, slacker sites close to where I live.

At first I was studying, like I said, about 2 hrs/night, now I'm not even in school.

I do the following on a regular basis at work:

-play Dota
-play Civ and Xcom
-watch Netflix
-jerk off to porn
-take naps
-shitpost on /pol
-shitpost on R9k
-chat with friends on facebook

I've also fucked a hot big titty girl at my last condo, so that kind of thing does actually happen, and I've overheard girls getting fucked countless times.

There's a crazy old woman who hates jews. There's a crazy old man who comes home drunk every night and says hilarious shit.

Honestly, it's fucking good times.
>>
>>34493660
>too stupid to even get a degree
The sad story is that a lot of people are like us, unable to make it in university and grossly uninspired by the retail/blue collar options out there. We're gonna have to transform our way of thinking and secure some sort of niche. Smart people can always get a job in biotech, which might actually boom once this CRISPR shit gets out of court. But us? We need some other angle to get ahead.

The only thing I can truly suggest is to somehow augment our limited brainpower with artificial intelligence. So we might never have the ability to acquire or carry out some lucrative skill for ourselves. But maybe at the very least, we can program something which does, and that will permit us to make a modest living by selling some sort of service.
>>
>>34493875
>The only thing I can truly suggest is to somehow augment our limited brainpower with artificial intelligence.
Not happening in your lifetime nerd. There's nothing wrong with picking up a trade, and someone will always have to serve as the welders, pipe fitters etc until we reach levels of AI that render our brainpower mostly moot anyways.
>>
>>34493939
>There's nothing wrong with picking up a trade

I didn't say there was, in fact those will be the last ones to be computerized. I always shake my head when idiots make threads about how all the jobs other than white-collar ones are going to be automated any day now. Which do you think is more likely? Automating away a job requiring extraordinarily complex hand movements for which human labor is relatively cheap, OR automating away information-intensive tasks which command high salaries? They've got it backwards mang. We'll see AI actuaries and lawyers long before AI plumbers.
>>
>>34493939
>trade
lol people just say this trade shit over and over like it's really that simple to 'just pick up a trade'. it's not like trades are for dumbfucks who can't go to college. it still takes years and years to get it going anywhere. it also takes local connections and social skills to navigate the landscape of some trade, plus you're at a huge disadvantage if you're over 25.
>>
>>34487395
Getting kids is just convenient way to give up on being the best you and pass the responsibility forward with clean conscience.
>>
>>34486758
I'm 30 now, tho I started back at 28. Doing math and computer science double major. There's no way I could have done what I'm doing now in my younger twenties, my personality and brain chemistry have completely changed or something. It really sucks cos everyone is younger than me and I really don't give a shit about their interests(been there done it desu), but my confidence grows as I approach graduation. Bout to start internships and stuff. It's long and depressing and painful process, but it seems that maybe it will be worth it. Idk tho, we'll see. Better than working at fucking mcdonalds or something
>>
>>34494251
>pass the responsibility forward
that's literally what we're born to do tho. not having kids means you're a literal biological failure
>>
>>34494273
Having children doesn't patch your failings as a person though, more likely just passes them forward. With 7 billion people there really isn't too much intrinsic value in parenthood.
>>
>>34494330
Being a failure with kids sure makes a lot more valuable than a failure without kids. Talking about intrinsic properties, there's all sorts of ways I can state the objective value of providing new bodies for society, for you race, for our species, etc. We're biologically primed for it, we're not horny all the time for the sake of busting a nut to a computer screen as a toast toward being the best person we can be
>>
I try and catch up playing all these games I couldn't affford as a teenager.
>>
>>34486762
I have arthritis and degenerative disk disease in my back. can I get on bux? I worked for a few months but my leg kept giving out due to the pain
>>
I'm old and I just slept with a girl and made her orgasm. I have erectile dysfunction so I didn't actually jam it in. I'm still not a virgin right? I'm free now? Also HOW THE FUCK DO YOU ACTUALLY DO THE SLEEP PART
MY FUCKING ARM
WE WERE TOO FAT FOR THIS SHIT
>>
Turned 34 a week ago

Things seem pretty bleak but I have hope for the future with Trump as president.

I also have a fair amount of bitcoins and confident their value will increase
>>
>>34484604
Is it good?

Then it's good.
>>
File: 1.jpg (55KB, 426x600px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
55KB, 426x600px
>>34483570
>girl likes you
>you like girl
>end up happy together
>you break it off making both of you miserable
>>
>>34483570
99% she would've dumped you in the future and you'd be in a worse place right now. Trust me, you got off pretty easy out of that one.

>>34485702
Don't you ever fucking do this.
>>
>26
>highschool dropout
>actually mentally ill
>only worked fast food once for a few months but had to leave for reasons

is there literally any hope for me?
>>
Hey guys, I'm turning 23 this year. Is it true that the only available women after 25 are single mothers/divorcees or crazy? Is it possible to become Dad Chad and go exclusively for college age girls?
>>
>>34497549
Anything's possible.
Likely? No.
>>
>>34483202

im 26..should i go back to so Uni, dropped out couple of years ago....
>>
>>34497549
whats with these retarded questions. you are only 23. thats a perfectly fine age to start dating college aged girls. work on yourself. you can easily do it.
>>
i'm 23 but i haven't graduated from high school
however i am not fat, have a job, travel etc, my lack of education is what's holding me back
>>
>>34498829

Just get your GED then.
>>
>>34499101
im not american
im trying to get my diploma, but since i work and stuff it's going to take a while
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.