[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, what's that "Doomsday Clock" stuff everyone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0913.jpg (46KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0913.jpg
46KB, 851x315px
Guys, what's that "Doomsday Clock" stuff everyone is talking about? I grew up in an atheist household and I don't know shit about politics. Should I/we be worried?
>>
>>34482880
It's basically a giant metaphor for the wellbeing of the world
It means that the human race is close to killing itself/all life on earth the closer it gets to midnight
>>
>caring about some jew moving a clock around
>>
>>34482913
So wait... that didn't happen in 2012 with the mayans?

Man, these niggers and their stupid non existent gods trying to spread fear through the world
>>34482940
Everybody is talking about that shit, literally like everyone was taking about 2012 in 2009
>>
File: Chapter12.jpg (366KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
Chapter12.jpg
366KB, 499x750px
>>34482880
> Doomsday clock

Adrian set up us the bomb thirty minutes ago.
>>
It's complete bullshit, 100% political these days
Look at DEFCON ratings if you want to be know when to be worried (It's currently at 5, the lowest and most peaceful level)
>>
>>34483119
this
The Doomsday Clock is typical humanist thinktank circlejerking. It means jack shit.
>>
>>34482880
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's the one on the cover of the "Bulletin of Atomic Scientists". Basically the editors decide how fucked up the world is and adjust the clock accordingly, it's measured in "minutes to midnight", with midnight being thought of as "nuclear war is imminent". According to wikipedia it's currently set at 2 and a half minutes to midnight, which is its closest approach to midnight.
>>
>>34482880
Doomsday has a lot of definitions out there
With the directio of the world right now doomsday may arrive sooner thab expected
Also yes, with the current shit going on you shouls be kinda worried
I grew up in a christian household and my mom always reminded me that if you dont reply to this post your mother will die in her sleep
And after that she added that all protections are nullified after reading all that
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.