[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In this thread I will post quotations narrating the life of Joseph

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

File: goebbels2.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
goebbels2.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
In this thread I will post quotations narrating the life of Joseph Goebbels from his birth until he and the Nazi party took power in 1933:

I intend to cover:

>his childhood
>his experience in school
>his experience with women
>his artistic ambitions
>the struggles he faced in Berlin prior to gaining power

Please bump to keep the thread alive if it interests you. I posted some quotations a few nights ago.
>>
File: goebbels24.png (188KB, 530x401px) Image search: [Google]
goebbels24.png
188KB, 530x401px
On his birth

>"He began his life story thus:" Born on October 29, 1897, in Rheydt, at that time an up and coming little industrial town on the lower Rhine near Dusseldorf and not far from Cologne."

On Joseph's portrait of his father

>"Joseph would write: 'I just can't understand why Mother married the old miser.' He painted a picture of his father lying in bed three-quarters of the day, then reading papers, drinking beer, smoking and cursing his wife, who had already been about her housework since six A.M."

On Joseph's attitude towards his mother

>"His sympathies were all with her. 'I owe her all that I am,' he once wrote; and he remained beholden to her all his life. He had his mother's astute features-the face perceptibly flattened at each side, the nose slightly hooked, the upper front teeth protruding"

249KB, 469x640px
On Joseph sickness during his infancy

>"He remembered his sickly earliest years only dimly. He recalled [...] a bout of pneumonia which he only barely survived. He was always a little mite of a fellow. Even in full manhood he would weigh less than one hundred pounds."

On Katherina Goebbels praying for her young son

>"[...] in his childhood, there seemed to be nothing she could do for him but pray. Leading him by the hand, she took him to church constantly and, kneeling beside him, she implored the Heavenly Father to give him strength to endure the burden of his physical weakness and his undeveloped body."

On young Joseph as a shut-in

>"It was obvious to him that his condition was a worry to his parents, and from his early childhood a seam of self-doubt was deposited in his nature. He shut himself away in his little attic room with its sloping ceiling and its single window looking [...] down into a cramped and gloomy courtyard at the back of the house."

>>
File: goebbels23.png (118KB, 302x388px) Image search: [Google]
goebbels23.png
118KB, 302x388px
On Joseph's mental torment as a young boy

>"Bathing little Joseph his mother often found the weals on his back caused by one particularly sadistic teacher's cane. Goebbels was a stubborn and conceited boy. Fifteen or twenty years later he would reveal [...] how his mental turmoil both delighted and tormented him. 'Earlier,' he wrote, 'when Saturday came and the afternoon yawned ahead of me, there was no restraining me. The whole of the past week with all its childish horrors weighed down upon my soul. I seized my prayer book and betook myself to church; and I contemplated all the good and the bad that the week had brought me, and then I went to the priest and confessed everything that was troubling my soul.'"

On Joseph's medical issues as a young boy

>"When he was about seven, a medical disaster befell him which would change his life. 'I see before me,' he would reminisce, 'a Sunday walk [...]. The next day, on the sofa, I had an attack of my old foot pains. Mother was at the washtub. Screams. I was in agony. The masseur, Mr. Schiering. Prolonged treatment. Crippled for rest of my life. Examined at Bonn university clinic. Much shrugging of shoulders. My youth from then on [...] somewhat joyless.' [...] It defied all attempts at surgical remedy; had the deformation occurred at birth, when the bones are soft, it would have been relatively easy to manipulate them back into the right alignment. Perhaps he acquired it from osteomyelitis (a bone marrow inflammation) or from infantile paralysis."

On Joseph's early interest in literature

>"Like other children who for one reason or another cannot follow the rough, gregarious life of boys their own age, he took to reading very early on. [...] A new energy was born in him, the energy to read voraciously, precociously. Neither his parents nor his teachers offered him much guidance. As soon as school was over [...] he shut himself away in his room and read."

>>
File: goebbels21.png (260KB, 640x612px) Image search: [Google]
goebbels21.png
260KB, 640x612px
On young Joseph's intention to develop his intellect to prove his worth

>"When he was ten they operated on his deformed foot. [...] The operation left the pain and deformity worse than before. But his Aunt Christine brought him some fairy tales to read, and thus he discovered in reading a world of silent friends that could not taunt or ridicule. When he returned to his mansard room he began to devour every book and encyclopedia that he could lay his hands on. He would show them: the brain, if properly prepared and used, could outwit the brawniest physique."

On Joseph's first years in highschool

>"The other boys at the Gymnasium in Rheydt's Augusta Strasse, which he entered at Easter 1908, regarded him as a sneak and know-all. He ingratiated himself with teachers, particularly with the scripture teacher Father Johannes Mollen, by telling on his truant comrades. 'My comrades,' he would confess, 'never liked me, except for Richard Flisges.'"

On Joseph's academic ability

>"At first he was lazy and apathetic, numbed by the realization of his physical deformity. Then he overcompensated, and later he was never far from the top of the class. His love of Latin came falteringly at first, then in full flood. With biting irony and sarcasm Christian Voss tutored him in German literature [...] His agile brain enabled him to tackle everything, his essays attracted scowls of envy from his fellow pupils."

257KB, 465x635px
On Joseph writing poetry during his early teens

>"Herbert Lennartz, son of his father's boss, died after a minor operation leaving Goebbels grieved and shocked. It moved him to compose his first poem ('Why did you have to part from me so soon?')"

On thirteen-year-old Joseph's love of Wagner

>"At age thirteen he saw Richard Wagner's majestic opera 'Tannhauser' and was inspired by the romantic dive and sweep of the master's music."

On the death of Joseph's young sister

>"When Joseph's little sister Elisabeth died in 1915 they all knelt her death-bed and held hands and prayed as a family together for her soul. Joseph composed another poem for her, 'Sleep, baby, sleep.'"

>>
Back to /pol/ shitstick
>>
Have a bump, OP. This thread has comfy potential.
>>
Was Joseph Goebbels a robot?
>>
File: rbt123.jpg (87KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
rbt123.jpg
87KB, 850x400px
>>34476083
Goebbels probably would have shitposted with us.
>>
Where are you getting these quotes from, OP?
>>
>>34476766
I love you anon. I'm a huge fan of your previous threads on Hitler and Breivik. Some pretty bad stuff has happened to me recently and I've been moping for a couple of days, but just seeing this thread cheered me up a bit. Thank you.
>>
Bump. I'm waiting on you anon. Please post more.
>>
>>34477691
link for the hitler thread please?
>>
>>34477634
Not OP, but I recognized these quotes as coming from Goebbels: Mastermind of the Third Reich by David Irving. David Irving is reputed to be a holocaust denier, whatever value you want to attach to this claim. I personally believe that although he might glorify the nazis a bit, he is cognizant of their many revolting deeds (and states them often). The thing about the final solution itself is more a syntactical point of contention and much overvalued. There are people who are said to be deniers although they explicitly support the leading position on everything that happened under General Governement, Aktion T4, Aktion Reinhard etc and who only dispute the whole 4 millions jews in ovens in auschwitz thing happening planned and intentionally.

The book on Goebbels is nevertheless really good, the question of the final solution is omitted from the narrative completely
>>
>>34476083

are you going to cover how he was totally a homo?
>>
bumo more op
>>
bump for more history OP.
>>
File: 1477673405655.jpg (361KB, 2242x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1477673405655.jpg
361KB, 2242x1320px
Bumping with some Hitler info. Moar please OP
>>
File: 1483948788879.jpg (48KB, 586x446px) Image search: [Google]
1483948788879.jpg
48KB, 586x446px
OP will surely come back
>>
there was a great thread years ago that was about the robot traits hitler had in it's youth. it actually made me read the book where the quotes were taken from.
>>
File: 21085929.png (672KB, 1932x1520px) Image search: [Google]
21085929.png
672KB, 1932x1520px
>>34481635
This one? Though I guess there's been lots of Hitler threads.
>>
>>34481709
similar to this. it wasn't that much about stephanie but more how he lived as a neet in linz and vienna and talked about his view of the world with his friend.
>>
OP, you're the only thing that brings a smile to my face when I come to this board.
>>
we had this thread the other day and you didnt post your sources like you said you would. go ahead and post them now before you continue
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.