[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm surprised by just how callous normies are. I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 160x160px
I'm surprised by just how callous normies are.

I'm taking an anatomy class and we're working on human cadavers to learn the gross structures of the human body. I've spent half my life on 4chan and have seen images of all sorts of horrible shit, but I'm the one who ends up being the most uncomfortable when faced with a real dead body. Meanwhile all the normies are digging in and cracking jokes and making friends.

It makes me think of how these sorts of people could be desensitized to the commit atrocities, carry out genocide.
>>
File: 1421578945928.gif (2MB, 320x200px)
1421578945928.gif
2MB, 320x200px
maybe we can just properly appreciate a dead body. the fucker's dead, he feels no more pain or suffering, good on him. i'd think you cucks would be able to appreciate that before anyone else.
>>
med student here. Never really thought of them as humans, just dead bodies. sometimes I pick up their arms and do a little puppet show
>>
normies are pure evil and lack empathy

they only see a cadaver to play with and not the end of another human being

majority of nomies who go into medicine don't go in because they have compassion to alleviate suffering. it's because they think they're god
>>
>>34472057

All doctors are sociopaths.

That's a fucking person, who died, you freak. Have some respect.
>>
File: 20151028_133014.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px)
20151028_133014.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>he didn't shake the dead man's hand
>he didn't roleplay hamlet with the skulls
>he didn't play the skulls like bongos
>he didn't put marbles in the skulls and shake them around like maracas
YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER, this is literally what you were supposed to be doing.
>>
>>34472123
apparently studies have shown that as students progress through medical school, their empathy decreases significantly.

Most surgeons are fairly sociopathic, however you'll find a lot of genuinely caring people in the medical professions, usually females tho.
>>
>>34472231

Women are not caring. They are socipaths. Their only "caring" is done in an egotistical way to be seen as acceptable by society. Virtue signalling, if you will.
>>
>>34472220
Respect the dead, fucking faggot.
>>
also I was working with a cadaver once and their dick was fucking huge. like about 7 inches flaccid
>>
humour is used to deal with uncomfortable subjects
>>
>>34472123
It's their job,anon. They gotta find some way to cope.
>>
>>34472263
if they're all sociopaths then is sociopathy really an abnormal thing? or is it just a natural way of thinking
>>
>>34472284

No it's not abnormal. There are lots of fucked up people. That's why women needed to be herded and controlled by men for thousands of years.

That's why men have honor and brotherhood. Women will never, ever have that.

But it doesn't matter what's "natural." Rape and murder is natural but that doesn't make it okay.
>>
>>34472220
I would be tempted to dance with one a la Interview with The Vampire, albeit not in a burning building ideally

I don't really mind if doctors are cold and objective regarding treatment of bodies. They're there to fix a problem. It matter that they're reasonably sensitive in handling sensitive issues, bedside manner and all that, but really I'd rather they brought a critical eye to my problems rather than being precious about it. You need skill, not compassion for the most part. Especially where surgeons are concerned, for example.
>>
>>34472267
Nigger, all the bones are like 100 years old, who fucking cares?
And what kind of people do you think end up hacked into pieces and pickled in formaldehyde?

Human anatomy was the best course I had at uni. Now /physiology/ was fucking bullshit. None of those frogs deserved to have their faces cut out like that.
>>
It's ironic detachment. This is why soldiers crack jokes in war because otherwise they'd go mad. Take this WW1 for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=norVzaTPkOI
>>
>>34472316
Lol you sound like a giant fag. All altruism is virtue signaling, stop being edgy.
>>
>>34471983
Look at modern society: everyone is seemingly compassionate, or at least not cruel. Talking about hurting or abusing people will get you shunned, and openly enjoying gore will make others see you as disgusting.

The same society only a few centuries ago used to torture people in the street and use public executions as entertainment

Now obviously the people haven't changed genetically, nor have their natural proclivities. What has changed is what is seen as acceptable and what isn't. Noone will openly show a lack of empathy when they know that this is unacceptable, but that doesn't mean that they are genuinely any less savage than their ancestors if they are in a different situation where that may be required or even simply socially accepted

Sure, there is some ingrained moral differences to people in the past, but those count for less than you might think
>>
>pay some respect to that piece of beef that was a living cow once

Don't claim to be any better than normies if you're gonna be even more one sided than them.
>>
sometimes you nerds pride yourself in being moar fucked up than normalfags

and sometimes you hate them for the alleged lack of empathy

make up your mind, faggot
>>
>>34472220
geg, dis is funny

>saying kek is not original enough
B-but it was the first word I came up with
>>
>>34472048
i don't think you understand what appreciation looks like
>>
>>34472123
>All doctors are sociopaths
yep
>>34472220
And this is partly why I'm not an organ donor and will not donate my body to science. You normies don't deserve shit
>>
>>34471983
Yeah, it has nothing to do with being a normie. You're just a fucking pussy, bud.
>>
That's normal to joke in this kind of situations. TThis is done to dedramatise when you feel uncomfortable
>>
>>34471983
that is because chads are psychopaths
>>
>>34472123
I confirm this I have a relative who is a doctor and she said she enjoys seeing blood.
>>
>>34472817
op here. it doesn't help that i'm a vegetarian. bunch of them keep commenting that it reminds them of jerky
>>
>>34473392
>you have the need to dedramatize someone's body

sociopaths
>>
Anyone else find it a bit disturbing Geoffrey Dahmer had to get himself drunk whenever he started cutting his victims up because the entire process was just too gruesome and mentally taxing but med students can do it with a smile on their face and make jokes about it
>>
>>34471983
Normie response to uncomfortable situation is to laugh and make jokes so as not to show weakness. In a situation like this they might be compensating way too much which is why they are almost giddy.
>>
>>34471983
thats just because you're a pussy
>>
>>34474190
The way i think of it is that in tough situations, we resort to our stock defense/coping mechanisms. They interact with other humans, and we withdrawal. They use their tools and we use ours. I feel like that's too generous though.
>>
>>34471983

med fag here

yeah it surprised me too, but it is actually just the first, and probably most grotesque, little acts of desentization you will learn if you are also med fag

If you can't learn to first violate, and then completely ignore, these norms, then you won't be of any use.
>>
>>34474468

And p.s., you will learn. Everyone does. Pretty quickly, usually.
>>
File: 1426634438208.jpg (1MB, 1331x1331px)
1426634438208.jpg
1MB, 1331x1331px
>>34473285
Believe it or not, you can use humor for other reasons than passive aggressively pushing political agendas.
>>
>>34474468
I want to be a physical therapist. It behooves me to not shed my empathy. But maybe I will without even trying. Who knows
>>
>>34474612

You guys have a gud job, at least in the hospital. You can manage all kinds of complicated medical problems and the patients don't really get it or appreciate that, but they all rave about how much progress they made doing transfers/regaining adl's, walking again, etc.

And the PT baes are obv the hottest
>>
>>34471983
Seeing it through a screen is intriguing in a way, but in real life it's graspable, and humans are disgusting in general, so it's uncomfortable.
>>
>>34472597
>Not realizing that some people are actually and wholly, selfless

Ever talked to a monk before, mate?
>>
>>34472453
The ones that donated their bodies to science?
>>
>>34472817
Regular animals /= Humans
>>
>>34474810

Where I come from, they are mostly homeless ppl and nobody claims the body.
>>
>>34474871
Really? I haven't heard of that before.

That's really messed up.
>>
>>34474871
where do you live?
that's fucked up
>>
>>34474468
Medfag is it worth it to go to med school? I'm a pharmacist who hates it but don't want to go 400K in debt (this is the math for the school i'm most likely to get into.
>>
>>34474871
>telling lies on the internet
from DJ fkfc
>>
>>34473061
part of the point of the bot is making you aware that your thoughts are not worthy of tabulation
>>
>>34472597
I'm pretty sure you can't just preemptively call someone edgy to get away with being edgy yourself.

>why don't you go drink razor blades grandma, you edgy faggot

see, its dumb
>>
>>34471983
"The aim of a joke is not to degrade a man, but to remind man how degraded he really is."
>>
>>34471983
That's because you're a pussy. I took anatomy classes and it was great fun poking around in dead bodies. At one point I was standing over a body with the brain in one hand and the heart in the other. Felt powerful desu senpai
>>
>>34471983
wait you get uncomfortable over a dead body and you think that's a good thing?

you're not even talking about ethics here, you're just complaining that other people aren't as lame as you. "humans are gross XD" get a grip you lunatic.
>>
robots dont go to secondary school

you fucking normie get out ree
>>
>>34471983
Usually surgeons and the like score the lowest on empathy tests, empathy is for nurses.
>>
>>34473309
This, there's literally no reason to be an organ donor. Do something nice for humanity with no personal gain, allow some doctor to let you die so your organs can be used to save other people because he thinks he is God, and this is how they treat your body. Only a cuck would donate their organs knowing this.
>>
>>34475864
>Chad has a heart attack after snorting too much coke from some whore's ass
>robot has had accident on the rare occasion that he went outside
>both in hospital
>Chads heart is completely fucked
>robot could be saved
>Dr. Brad sees organ donor card on robot
>takes robots heart, puts it in Chad because he still has a "full and healthy life ahead of him, has gainful employment and a family" whilst the robot is useless
>Chad parties on, not wasting a second thought on the poor fuck who died instead of him

Yeah, definitely not gonna donate my organs
>>
>>34471983
>I'm in the minority of people that are squeamish
>EVERYONE ELSE IS THE PROBLEM, BUNCH OF SICK PSYCHOPATHS
>>
>>34472267
What is it with "respecting the dead" thing? Why would the dead care? If I died wouldnt mind people shitting, pissing on me or doing whatever the fuck they want with me - i'm fucking dead.
>>
>>34471983
They're high test, low cortisol and can handle anything.
>>
>>34475978

That just makes you the asshole here, Chas brings far more enjoyment to people than you do. Your selfishness is probably why you're alone.
>>
>>34472123
>>
>All doctors are sociopaths.
Nope. I've never joked around with a dead body in my anatomy classes. 4chan retards are just trying to be edgy. I passed my "EDGY GORE LOL" phase back when I was 15 and posting on /b/. Guess some people just haven't grown up yet.
>>
>>34471983
>tfw the fist vagina you ever saw was on the corpse of an 80 year old cachectic woman in anatomy class
y-you german too OP?
>>
>>34474892
>>34474944
>>34475089
Eastern Europe would be my guess.

t. medfag that graduated in eastern europe
>>
>>34476446

It's just proper manners. There's no fixing trashiness, but it's just what you are supposed to do. At the least we can now know it's not out of ignorance.
>>
>>34475864
>>34475978
iktf
i should instruct those who know me to cremate my corpse in front of a hospital full of dying normies if anything were to happen to me
>>
>>34477367
Sure, Chad brings more enjoyment to people than I do

They also have always brought more enjoyment to him than to me, since well before an age where I had much agency.

So why would I die so some normie who would've probably treated me like crap if he even knew I existed can live?
>>
>>34472453
You better hide, or I will make you drink formaldehyde.
>>
>>34472832
We don't like normies taking our style. We made
"being moar fucked up than normalfags" our identity after they took our gamez.
>>
>>34478375

Because he's worth more. And no doctor is just going to let you die just to give your shit to someone else. They have no way of knowing the condition of your organs until you're dead anyway.
>>
>>34471983
>spent half my life on 4chan
>uncomfortable when faced with a real dead body

Stop being a pussy, faggot.
>>
why are there so many medstudents here?
aren't you supposed to prolong my pathetic existence
>>
>>34479115

OP said he was a vegetarian earlier so him being a pussy checks out
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.