[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am totally incapable of making and keeping a friend.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12

File: 1467379830318.gif (1001KB, 500x591px) Image search: [Google]
1467379830318.gif
1001KB, 500x591px
I am totally incapable of making and keeping a friend.

How do you do it?
>>
>>34467214
I don't act like you.
>>
You came to the right place. We at 4chan are notorious for our ability to obtain friends.

Really, though, we will need more info before we can help you.

Because chances are that you are doing something very wrong and very awkward and not even realizing it.
>>
File: 1472859372327.jpg (84KB, 476x505px) Image search: [Google]
1472859372327.jpg
84KB, 476x505px
>>34467214
I'll be your friend if you live in New Zealand.
>>
>Have a hobby
>Find someone interested in that hobby
>Talk to them about that hobby
>Do something related to that hobby together

If you got this far and it goes well

>Start talking about your lives
>Start doing stuff not directly related to the hobby

if things are still going fine and you share a worldview, offer/ask to go places. If they say sure, start screening for good friend attributes.
>But anon, I want a friend, I don't care how quality the friendship is!
Then you will lose them anyway and cry about it, or they will hate you and use you. Who you make friends with is more important than how many friends you have. Quality>Quantity.

If they are decent then you can officially become friends. Expect to have to do things for them and have them do things for you, but try to keep them at about the same level. You will also have to talk to them semi regularly unless you are long time friends, which you are not. Start doing nice things for them, and just generally make sure you both enjoy each other's company. Beyond that it takes care of itself. It gets easier as time goes on so long as you both don't have any serious life issues, and those can either solidify or break friendships. If you want to have a good friend, be a good friend.

If you are a girl, ignore everything I just said. If you are trying to become friends with a girl, ignore everything I just said.

I know it's a pointless effort but I enjoy making guides/describing things to robots. It's like working with children in a way.
>>
>>34467300
H-hey. Where in NZ?
>>
File: 1465867038234.png (855KB, 795x627px) Image search: [Google]
1465867038234.png
855KB, 795x627px
>>34467338
Auckland.

I'm not a gay though, so don't expect that from me.
>>
>>34467402
Oh... don't worry about it then. Wrong city anyway.

tfw no bf
>>
>>34467334
do you have many friends?

what would you suggest for a person that is attempting to improve their life but is not yet at the point where he can count on himself to be consistently present or to be able to do things for other people. should they just put off attempting to form relationships completely until they have their life completely sorted out? i am still not sure if i even want friends (or am capable of making friends) but i am told that it's better for your mental health to have social support and not suspect that every person is a sonuvabitch. if i were to try to meet people now do you think i would just end up with shit tier people who see my issues and try to take advantage of it? do you think i would just be a drain on other people?

also, how do you do the
>talk to them about that hobby
>do something related to that hobby together
parts? let's say you meet someone through a group of some sort. how would you communicate to this person that you would like to pursue a friendship on an individual basis? this is the part i have never been able to do, even when i was around people all the time.

>It's like working with children in a way.
don't be mean, meanhead.
>>
>>34467468
Where do you live, anon? --
>>
File: 1485503251626.gif (485KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1485503251626.gif
485KB, 500x280px
>>34467523
Wellington. You?
>>
File: cara wah.jpg (89KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cara wah.jpg
89KB, 500x500px
>>34467214
4chan is retarded. absolutely retarded stop visiting this place. seek help on places where more social outgoing people are like reddit.
I'm dead serious.

the shit that reddit is bad is just a dumbass meme, reddit is good for somethings, others it sucks. overall it's better than 2016 4chan.
>>
File: cf7.jpg (28KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
cf7.jpg
28KB, 480x270px
>>34467475
>do you have many friends

I have at least 3 really good friends, about 3 that I get along with really well but we live different lives, 4 people in my d&d group who I just went to Whataburger with yesterday, and I am pretty chummy with my roommate. By normie standards this is a very small number, by robot standards it's a huge amount.

>improve thier life but is not yet at the point where he can count on himself to be consistently present or to be able to do things for other people

Explain. Are you mentally ill or limited as far as going places? What do you mean by this?

>Should they put off attempting to form relationships completely until they have thier life completely sorted out?

It's a catch 22. You need friends to live a good life and you need a good life to have friends. To answer your question, not technically. One of my friends is basically a red pilled chad and another is a NEET Otaku. People will be friends with you so long as your problems aren't big enough to be a problem for them and people usually become friends with people who share similar problems. (Birds of a feather)

>I am still not sure if I even want friends

Don't be a women, a man should know what he wants and how he wants it at all times. If you aren't sure, why are you here asking? Before you try anything take a long hard look in the mirror and try to understand yourself.

>Or am even capable
Serial Killers and mass murderers have friends, I am sure you can have friends.

>It's better for your mental health to have social support
True, but it won't make your life instantly better. It does lift your mood slightly though, making it easier to get through the rough patches in life. Talking to other people is immensely cathartic.

>suspect that every person is a sonofabitch
Most are though, that's the thing. Out of every person I have seen in my life only about 7% were ever close to being friends, and of those only 1% where ever good friends.

Cont:
>>
>>34467475
>>34467680
so just have realistic expectations of people. View them how they act, not how they could be.

>would I just end up with shit tier people who see my issues and try to take advantage of it?
Only if you are shit at picking friends. This is why filtering them is so important, you need to find someone who wants to chill with you not use you.

>Do you think I would just be a drain on other people?
Everyone is a drain on someone, and friendships involve give and take. Don''t expect someone to push your wheelchair, that shit can only come from lifetime friendships. Expecting somebody to save you a seat or tell you about something they think you might be into is more reasonable after a while.

>how do you do this

>Do you like video games?
>Yeah.
>What games do you play?
>Overwatch, CoD, Fifa, ect, ect ect. (Normie games for examples)
>Oh cool, I also play (insert game here), what's your gamertag?
>(insert tag here)
>Alright, I'll be sure to add you. We should co-op some time.
>Yeah sure.

>do something related to the hobby
See above.

>pursue a friendship on an individual basis
Explain, you might mean something I haven't explained.

>don't be mean, meanhead
Children.
>>
>>34467624
Better the devil you know, than the one you don't
>>
>>34467334
>>Start talking about your lives
>>Start doing stuff not directly related to the hobby

>tfw you can never make it to this part
>>
File: e94.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
e94.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>>34468049
And what stops you?
>>
>>34468101
I don't have a life to talk about.
>>
>>34468376
Have you lived on this planet and done more than eat sleep and shitpost? then you have a life. Parents, school, work, ect. Hell you can even have them introduce you to new things every week and have that be your thing if you can bear it.
>>
>>34467334
Hey Mr. robot coach.

What are some good hobbies for making friends? Please don't say video games.

t. a childlike robot
>>
>>34467214
Step one: don't be a weeb.
>>
>>34468664
Failed step one. How do I stop being a weeb?
>>
>>34468642
Something with a decent following. Nobody is going to be friends with you if you collect stamps. Don't just get a hobby because it's popular though, different hobbies attract different kinds of people. D&D, Anime, Comics, Automotive, Sports, Books, Music, Dance, Weight Lifting, ect. I literally made a friend just because I mentioned d&d when speaking to my professor, sometimes just knowing is enough to get interest if the hobby is niche enough. Look on the internet for lists of hobbies or check out some of the other 4chan boards for inspiration. The most important things to consider are 1: Will this be something I can discuss with someone? 2: Can I have some type of group event with this? Doing stuff together tends to make or strain people's interactions with one another. 3: Will I enjoy this? Because if you don't wanna be there, you won't, and that relationship won't go anywhere.

Just make sure to fit it to your area and social situation. If you take surfing as your hobby and live in Nevada you are screwed, as well as if you take up football but can't run up a stairway.
>>
>>34468767
I might try a membership with the gym at my uni. Anime and programming haven't worked as a very good way of making friends in the past, probably because I don't go to conventions. I know a circle of friends that regularly run D&D and other board games and I've played with them once or twice, but I couldn't really get into it. I would rather leave them be and not ruin their fun.

Honestly it's just hard to find a hobby that gets better with more people. Video games are a prime example, especially competitive ones. Too much stress and frustration.

Thanks for the reply coach.
>>
paintball is a great time and sometimes populated by decent, friendly folk

there's also an inevitable smattering of autists in there

it requires a decent amount of disposable income and some weekends to enjoy, but its gr8

t. college-attending wageslave that can't play anymore
>>
>>34468700
Stop watching anime
And if you want to still play Vidya you can only play popular FPSs on a console e.g cod or battlefield or play sports games made by ea
>>
>>34469022
Guns are decent places to make friends if you go there enough people start to talk to you
Just don't do what I did send pick up someone's dumbbell mid set
>>
>>34469226
>Guns are decent places to make friends
Guns and hunting sound cool as shit to me, but I'm in 'straya. This stuff is notoriously difficult here.
Blame John Howard.
>>
>>34469321
I meant gym but of you like guns and shit paintball would be a good suggestion just fucked up spelling of gym
>>
Go to mocospace.
>>
>>34469467
Nobody goes on MySpace
>>
>>34467334
>If you are a girl, ignore everything I just said
Why?
>>
File: gwynevere_by_scifi0651-d4lee8v.jpg (115KB, 900x620px) Image search: [Google]
gwynevere_by_scifi0651-d4lee8v.jpg
115KB, 900x620px
>>34469509
Because girls play by an entirely different rule set and I haven't the foggiest idea how it functions, but as far as I can tell women are horrible friends and men and women can never be friends without one of the two of them winding up hurt. It's pitiable really, they seem incapable of true friendship.
>>
>>34467214
I had a friend for over fifteen years.
Then i found out that the asshole was just getting advantage of my money and talents with the computer, and i told him to go fuck himself up.
Never had another friend again.
>>
>>34469509
Women aren't nice enough to each other to get friends, they just use each other in order to gain leverage on each other and to attain Chad's
>>
File: cry5.gif (339KB, 450x306px) Image search: [Google]
cry5.gif
339KB, 450x306px
>mfw I have one friend
>mfw that one friend moved to another state for a job
>mfw we see each other once every couple of months
>mfw he is the only person I talk to outside of work

Legit thinking of moving to the same city, but I don't want to be too needy.
>>
test you faggots ignore this post
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.