[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which mental illnesses are legitimate and which are >muh

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: mental-health-disorders.jpg (108KB, 218x300px) Image search: [Google]
mental-health-disorders.jpg
108KB, 218x300px
which mental illnesses are legitimate and which are
>muh illness!
discuss
>>
Borderline personality disorder is a "muh mental disorder", just an excuse for roastie cunts to try to justify their cuntiness.
>>
>>34462895
Disagree. It's over diagnosed and often used as an excuse, but BPD is real. It has both an hereditary and epigenetic factor in my opinion/ The black and white split thinking is an actual pathology at the root of it. It can be cured.

I am still torn if DID is real.
>>
>>34462868
Legitimate illnesses are the ones diagnosed by a respected professional and that require treatment/therapy.

The ones that are from reading a wikipedia article and saying "that's totally me," or diagnosed from some jackass who just wants to get you to pay for an adderall prescription are muh illness
>>
>>34462895
Psych student here. It's real. Unless, of course it's a self-diagnosed attention seeking Thot illness
>>
>>34462868
Bi polar
PTSD
ADHD
Dislexia
Those are the main ones that everyone knows figured I'd name those and get them out of the way
>>
>>34463024
ADD and ADHD are extremely over diagnosed though, lots of people claim to have it, and have their doctors claim the same, but they simply don't.

ADD and ADHD are real however, but this massive number of misdiagnosis is what contributes to the misnomer that they are not.
>>
File: 1485254266261.gif (237KB, 610x374px) Image search: [Google]
1485254266261.gif
237KB, 610x374px
>>34462868
Went through psychosis. That was a cunt. Wouldn't wish it on anybody. Now just have schizoid personality disorder and anxiety problems though they existed before psychosis and no doubt played a part in it. Mental health problems are a bitch they're not many I'd dismiss as "muh ilness" though I'm bias although some are just categories of behaviour rather than ilness, I mean what the fuck is normal anyway?
>>
>>34463118
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XJXySZ2aiM
>>
>>34463141
Interesting lyrics. Think everyone's got something wrong in some way just most don't require treatment.
>>
>>34463024
you mean that they are real right anon ?
>>
Fibromyalgia is a term coined for retarded woman that like to bitch about "muh pain" but there is nothing wrong with them and doctors cannot find anything so they just slap that label on them to shut them the fuck up.
>>
Honestly apart from schizophrenia, I'd say most mental illnesses are the result of shitty parenting resulting in shitty superego.
>>
>>34463770
oh wow its literally my sister

hate that fucking cunt

she ruins everything she's near
>>
>>34463118
schizophrenic here. went through psychosis too, shit was crazy. thought i was the sleeping god. tried to wake up the sheeple and stuff, i wouldnt wish it on anyone even if at points it made me euphoric
>>
>>34462868
the fake ones are anxiety and depression. they are not illnesses they are just states of mood.
>>
>>34463024
All of those are real, anon.
You clearly don't know anything about psychiatry.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.