[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amerilards, especially Florida/any coastal area, please expl

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1485067214080-r9k.jpg (50KB, 322x279px) Image search: [Google]
1485067214080-r9k.jpg
50KB, 322x279px
Amerilards, especially Florida/any coastal area, please explain something to me
I've just watched a video on how to catch sand fleas here:
https://youtu.be/MepfjDUrcDA
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE, HOW COME HE IS ABLE TO TOUCH THOSE AND BASICALLY WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS

Is anybody able to provide name of the species in Latin? I've tried Google but it says that a sand flea is no bigger than 1 millimeter, which those fucking buggers are clearly not
Absolutely fucking disgusting

Also if anybody's willing to chat, I might be available tonight with my personal tag "noodlesoup" on a particular website that's chosen a Greek letter omega as its logo
>>
Pls respond
Oregenogolio
>>
East coast fag here, they are basically just little arthropods. I don't think they are edible or anything but they are cool little guys, like the video said they basically come in with the swell and immediately burrow. Very cool to watch imo.
>>
>>34459055
oh and as for them being 1 millimeter, that's complete bullshit. I used to routinely see once that were 1-2 inches or bigger. Some of them grow to shrimp size but again, I'd imagine they taste like complete shit
>>
I believe at the start of the video it says "The Mole Crab" aka Sand fleas
>>
File: 1473386008329-r9k.png (160KB, 533x410px) Image search: [Google]
1473386008329-r9k.png
160KB, 533x410px
>>34459057
Have you ever interacted with those as a child? Or do children in general collect them?
Most we get in the baltic sea are the non-poisonous jellyfish and seaweed and that's enough to give me the creeps
>>
>>34459081
Actual sand fleas are 1mm so not complete bullshit : ^ )
>>
>>34459081
Ok, I checked out article for the emeritas

Do these bite, though? I'm genuinely creeped out; and there I was sure I had no real phobias
>>
Talitrus saltator.
Male individuals are 25mm long.
>>
>>34459130
yeah dude and not in the way that video described them either with a big ass metal sieve, I would catch them by hand.

I used to watch them roll in with the swell when I was a kid. They IMMEDIATELY begin to burrow once they're on shore and it's always in wet sand because it's an easier dig for them, but if you see one start to burrow you can use your hand to scoop out a big chunk of wet sand and you'll get them more often then not. They go maybe 6 inches down and as fast as they burrow they only go so far.

>>34459200
naw man they don't bite, if you pick one up all it's legs will keep moving and that's a little off putting but they are completely harmless. I'll agree, they are creepy little buggers.
>>
>>34459293
My cotenant just went out for a smoke with me and agreed that they should fucking burn

Thanks, /r9k/ you've helped me expand my knowledge and that's why I've always valued this board
There's always something beyond traps and shit-tier threads, so
Never change
Also sorry if my post was garbage, I got drunk alone again
>>
They're just bugs dude chill lmao.

I have an uncle in Florida who's a commercial fisherman, fishing is big business in that state. It's our big southeastern port state. Hot as fuck with alligators and shit. They got lizards on the sidewalks man, it's like Australia.
>>
>>34458967
I go to the beaches in the San Diego area a couple times a year, and those things are always under the wet sand at the edge of the tide. You can pretty much dig anywhere in the wet sand and find a few. They're not really ever seen unless you go digging or look for them, but they're always there
>>
>>34459556
>lie down in the grass
>surprised there are bugs
>>
>>34458967
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerita_(genus)
>>
>>34459200
They're basically just beach roly-polys. Don't do anything more substantial, except live in watery-sand. Why does this make you flip out so much?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.