[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

itt: describe why reddit is an inferior platform >community

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: reddit-logo.jpg (18KB, 194x227px) Image search: [Google]
reddit-logo.jpg
18KB, 194x227px
itt: describe why reddit is an inferior platform

>community of oversensitive normalfag whiners
>shitty karma system and format which perpetuates circlejerk mentality
>>
>>34452377
>shitty karma system and format which perpetuates circlejerk mentality
Nailed it. I refuse to used reddit just based on the upvote system alone.
>>
>"""discussion""" tends to just be longwinded ways of saying nothing

but on the other hand if you have particular interests some subreddits can be quite useful and the website is generally less hostile than the 'chon
>>
I just hate their website culture and their obnoxious reddit humor. It's a bunch of shitty pop-culture references and puns, and the worst part is they take every joke and drive it into the fucking ground with repetition. I hate redditors so much.
>>
>>34452444
I agree that it's kinda nice to find communities that share your niche interests, but the minute you say something unpopular or crack a joke people go apeshit.
>>
>>34452444
>but on the other hand if you have particular interests some subreddits
Some of the science related subs can be good, unfortunately some are full of dilettantes who do not provide sources (I don't mind autodidacts as I am one myself but at least pull out some sources)
>>
The interface is too complicated and unintuitive. Also, it is the website where stupid people go to act smart.
>>
>>34452377
>>34452397
>>34452444
>>34452452
>>34452477
>>34452486
This.
i didn't read anything you posted
>>
>>34452377
It's the same jokes/observations/facts repeated fifty times a day
>>
>>34444444
Wicked digits
>>
>There's a community wide obsession with fitting in
>not supporting the hivemind of a community is a death sentence
>it's full of pseudo-intellectuals that rarely have a real argument, often falling back on false claims of fallacies and breaking the "rules"
>everyone takes everything extremely personally
>the "rules are rules unless I agree with it" mentality is rampant
>everyone is a fucking asshole
>>
>>34452377

I browse reddit when I'm in public though. Keeps me from being bored and I don't usually browse the defaults.

You can't expect me to browse r9k in public do you.
>>
>>34452377
I tried to use reddit once. The board is an ugly clusterfuck so I stopped.
>>
the moderation on reddit is just insane. almost everything gets deleted for being too offensive or insensitive. it's fucking weird posting on 4chan and then looking at reddit, 95% of the posts made on this site would be deleted.

it's hilarious how even subreddits like r/philosophy or r/science delete stuff so much because it offends them...these people consider themselves critical thinkers and yet they need their board to be greatly curated
>>
>>34452930
I believe that the moderation is left up to the subreddit creators and whoever they choose, so it's no surprise that if there's a bias then that bias will bleed through.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.