[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Jesus Christ, Anon. Let me show you how to do it again.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 16

File: 1484166867595.jpg (71KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484166867595.jpg
71KB, 480x360px
>Jesus Christ, Anon. Let me show you how to do it again.
>You're supposed to be the smart one Mr. Science Degree and you can't remember basic instructions?
>I've had literal retards do this job better than you.
>>
File: woj.gif (113KB, 498x594px) Image search: [Google]
woj.gif
113KB, 498x594px
>>34452016
>I've had literal retards do this job better than you.
Then I glance up and notice the boss looking at me.
>>
>>34452016
>tfw go to a McDonald's and a literal Downy is working the register and the grill at the same time
>it's a slow night, but he's nice as fuck and makes me the most photogenic Shamrock Shake (TM) and McChicken (TM) I've ever seen
>tfw I was lovin' it
>>
File: kuumaribale.png (63KB, 404x402px) Image search: [Google]
kuumaribale.png
63KB, 404x402px
boss caught me eating stuff from the production line
>>
File: have_it_your_way_niggers.jpg (475KB, 2203x2937px) Image search: [Google]
have_it_your_way_niggers.jpg
475KB, 2203x2937px
>>34452085

>two Taco Bells in my town
>one is staffed entirely by niggers, which is odd because my town doesn't even have a nigger area
>one is staffed almost entirely by downies, there is usually a non-downie overseer managing everything
>nigger Taco Bell is always filthy, they fuck up your order, the employees are rude, take forever to make anything and the food is cold and ugly
>downie Taco Bell is sparkling clean at all times, they have never messed up my order, fast and friendly service, food looks like it does in commercials and it's always hot
>>
>>34452191
>Downies
are you sure you're not just mistaking them with Asians?
>>
>>34452144
used to do this all the time lmao. stealing drinks when it's summertime was essential as well
>>
File: 1458951662311.jpg (154KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458951662311.jpg
154KB, 640x480px
>>34452328
Kek, I was wondering this myself.
>>
File: 1483999971401.png (771KB, 930x618px) Image search: [Google]
1483999971401.png
771KB, 930x618px
This is what rustled me about fast food jobs.

With the understaffing, high turnover and the type of people they hire, fast food is no longer a simple job "for anybody". Most places will have a staff where the manager was hired through nepotism so he will relegate his job to a shift lead who actually knows his job but has no chance for promotion.

Shifts are understaffed with one or two people doing the job of 5 or 6 or overstaffed with one or two people doing all the work while 5 or 6 stand around doing jackshit. Not to mention, teenagers aren't working fast food but it's people who for one reason or another have fallen on hard times and are forced to do this job they have little to no aptitude for. It's gonna be recovering drug addicts, autists and social rejects, single mothers and old people fallen on hard times working these jobs.

As a shift leader, it was fucking garbage to try to put people where they did best, like the chatty mother fucker at register and the silent autist on packing only to have a manager hired because his uncle is district manager or her best friend is good friends with the district manager want to flex their ego and tell me to switch their positions or people are getting fired. Now I have to go and babysit the autist because his anxiety kicked in and he can't remember the order he took two seconds ago and then check in on the social motherfucker because he keeps stopping what he's doing to go talk to customers or other coworkers.

But the manager insists
>anybody should be able to do every position
while he keeps pulling his manager friends from the front end because they are unable to take, fill and complete an order at the same time 80 seconds like the rest of us poorly paid retards do all day.

And if all of that isn't already garbage, imagine coming home and having your family tell you that since you work fast food, your job is nothing because you must be doing nothing but one repetitive action all day. Fuck you very much senpai
>>
>>34452191
>americans need bulletproof glass in fast-food restaurants
this is beyond pathetic
>>
>>34452535
>anybody should be able to do every position
Is this true? I'm not willing to work unless I get to stay in the back with the food.
>>
>>34452586
Literally only in nigger neighborhoods.
>>
>>34452624
Most managers will give this excuse as a way to inflate their ego by picking on people they dislike. Very few people are as flexible that they can sufficiently work any position they're assigned to. I'd say every fast food place has one or two of those. If you have a cool manager, you can let them know your preference and if they have enough staff, they'll make it happen. You probably will have to kiss some ass though. Unfortunately, most managers are garbage so if you're not willing to kiss ass, you might have to be REALLY bad at the positions you hate and then be REALLY good at the position you love to make him think it is his idea to put a reliable worker like you in the "right" position. Just don't go around telling managers you don't want to do a thing before you do it because it makes you look disagreeable.
>>
>>34452085
you ate food touched by a downie?
wtf is wrong with you thats the grossest thing i've ever heard
>>
File: poke_pizza.jpg (115KB, 491x346px) Image search: [Google]
poke_pizza.jpg
115KB, 491x346px
>>34452624

I worked at two different Little Caesars stores and they did a pretty good job of putting people where they did best, or at the very least not putting them where they would be horrible. They knew I didn't have the best people skills so I rarely had to work registers. I could cut and box pizzas faster than they came out of the oven at full capacity so that's always where I was when we were busy.

It was really hot standing in front of a 550 degree oven but it was nice for a robot to do.
>use pliers to take pizza pan out of oven
>use spatula to flip pizza out of pan and onto box
>stack pan with the other hot pans on the bottom shelf of the table
>cut pizza into 8 slices
>fold up the pizza box
>place it in the heating box or hand it directly to cashier
>at full speed I could have a pizza from oven to the heating box/cashier in 6-7 seconds and it wouldn't be fucked up or half-assed
>repeat 81054372 times until the crowd starts to die down
>>
>>34452535
>Shifts are understaffed with one or two people doing the job of 5 or 6

OP here. That was my situation at my short lived fast food career.

Basically my "training" involved being paired up with a fat girl who didn't teach me shit and spent the session complaining about school. And then after that they just kind of threw me in doing the job of 3 people during a busy day.

When I didn't know how to do a certain thing on the cash register, or how to make this certain type of food or drink (which happened a lot), I would ask the manager and he'd give me shit and say I should have learned this in training and then accuse me of being stupid and forgetful when I said I never learned it. (Fatty McAss is a fine employee who's been with the restaurant for years so I can't dare accuse her of being incompetent!)

Customers were mad at me for being slow and fucking up and eventually I just broke down in tears. The manager saw me and said something like, "Fine, you can't fucking handle this job you can just go home right now." Then I left and never returned.

I might be ready for suicide because this seems like the only job that will take me and I suck at it. I'm glad that you've debunked the "it's simple and for everybody" myth, but I don't know what is and I'm still upset. I also lost money because the amount of work didn't pay for the uniform and shoes I had to buy.
>>
>>34452535
>>34453149
Automation is going to decimate these jobs soon. Companies always want to save money on payroll. They want an automated system that 1 or 2 overworked, underpaid cucks can just barely run while they're working flat-out. They want employees that can do everything, because then they can make you do everything. Alone. For minimum wage.
>>
>>34453149
Training is another issue I didn't touch on. I've worked at three fast food restaurants and was trained only at ONE while at the other two I was thrown on register and told "just use your common sense and experience" when told to prepare signature items I know nothing about. Managers unrealistically want *new* people to become seasoned pros without having to spend the time teaching them. Then they wonder why people fuck up or quit in 2 days. Not only that, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who will earnestly train you because everybody is afraid of losing their hours to somebody who will be better than them. Fast food workers tend to be scum, sorry.

In any case, I'm sorry that happened to you. Don't blame yourself because fast food is some of the worst industries to be in for everybody except the men who are calling the shots up top. I tell people only go into fast food if there is nothing better and only stay to finance that something better on the way up.

In any case, don't despair. You should try a temp agency and tell them you're interested in recordkeeping or something of the like. Also, try retail stores like Walgreens or CVS. They also hire inexperienced people and often have better benefits and rewards.

>>34453439
My brother's local McDonalds fired about 80% of the staff and replaced them with two kiosks. You're absolutely right that they will continue to overwork understaffed people for minimum wage because they can always get rid of human beings.
>>
>>34453518
>Also, try retail stores like Walgreens or CVS. They also hire inexperienced people and often have better benefits and rewards.

Are they more friendly and easier than fast food?
>>
>>34452016
>Pick up the pace anon, everyone else finished ages ago and you're still doing this
>That's the third complaint about you this week!
>Chad only started here a few days ago and he's already doing better than you
>>
>>34454234
It's a lot more relaxed. About 80% of your job will be organizing and stocking and the people will be a little bit more bearable because they drug test and that will eliminate most of the more reckless junkies, though not all of them.

>>34454484
>Chad only started here a few days ago and he's already doing better than you
>tfw Chad most likely got a lot more help and support than you

I've seen this shit too.
>>
I worked one day in fast food and almost got into a fist fight.
>was 19 at the time
>off uni for the summer, get a job at Sanic because why not
>sit in the back and watch some worthless training videos
>finish up and start learning how to burger
>being taught by some late teens/mid 20s dindu
I should now point out that I am not a virulent racist like most people here. I don't care for thuggish dindus any more than I do for white trash; but I try to give people a fair shake, and be polite and friendly with anyone I'm stuck working with
>mastering the art of burger
>need to use the bathroom, let dindu mentor know and go do the deed
>come back, manager asks me to tuck my shirt in
>sure, no problem, I'll run back to the bathroom and do that
>come back, dindu is instantly up in my face
>literally inches from my face yelling about how I have apparently disrespected him, who the fuck do I think I am, etc.
(cont.)
>>
>>34453149
>so I can't dare accuse her of being incompetent

yeah, better to run off crying and quit.

i know that wasn't the only reason, but she's just going to do it to the next person and the next person after that (etc) because if no one ever TELLS the manager how shitty she is, the manager will never KNOW and therefore assume you're the incompetent one.
>>
>>34454903
>manager is standing 10 yards away doing literally nothing
>literally standing there with his back turned as this gentleman of african heritage unleashes his war diatribe on me
>the situation clicks in my head as I realize that the dindu's tactic is to get up in my shit enough that I shove him back, as a pretense for "defending" himself by hitting me
>robot mode initiated, emotions on lockdown. I will not let this dindu tempt me into breaking his face
>he finally rants his energy out and walks off
>he comes back a few minutes later, ostensibly calmed down
>welp time to be the bigger person if I want to keep this job
>tell dindu that I'm sorry if I offended him and that it was strictly unintentional, ask him if we can be cool and offer a handshake
>he snorts and turns his back on me
>right then, I'm done
>walk by manager at the door, take my shirt off and toss it to him
>leave
I never even bothered going back for the 3 hours' worth paycheck. What a disgrace.
>>
>>34454994
>only had one black coworker
>anytime there's 2 of us he goes to his car
>leaves whoever he's with to watch the store
>tolerate it because at least he's here
>that means i can take my meal break
>only need him to work for 30 minutes
>literally just cover my break ok dude
>get halfway through my lunch
>he exits the store and locks it behind him
>goes walking over to his car

YOU HAD ONE JOB YOU DUMB NIGGER
>>
>>34454973

I did tell her he was shit. That was his response.

I can only guess from the Fast Food Anon's post that she wasn't teaching me shit on purpose so I can't steal her job or something.
>>
>only had two jobs
>both lucked into companies that have competent and good managers, as well as coworkers I get along with

I'm really lucky I fear one day I won't have this luck
>>
File: 1441747144573.jpg (120KB, 311x376px) Image search: [Google]
1441747144573.jpg
120KB, 311x376px
>>34455232
>it's another "double shift with no lunch or bathroom breaks because anon's lazy bitch coworker didn't feel like showing up today" episode

kill me
>>
File: attention whore.jpg (576KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
attention whore.jpg
576KB, 667x1000px
>>34453149

You seem a bit autistic. We hired a computer technician like you who would always forget stuff and was easily over whelmed.

But once we put him in customer interaction and away from production, the spaz excelled. Gotta give him that.
>>
>>34452889
originally kys
>>
>>34452191
Downies are super friendly and some are not actually that stupid, there is apparently levels of mental retardation depending of when the fetus developed the defect.
>>
>>34452144
I was a busser and me and another guy would eat leftovers off of people's plates as we were walking them back to the dishwasher.

It was a pretty weird time in that we didn't even care if the qt waitresses saw us doing it.

This was at a Red Lobster btw. I would literally eat some dude's fried shrimp he probably sneezed on.
>>
>>34455323
>no breaks
That's illegal so ur a fag if u let that happen
>>
File: 1464469713936.jpg (25KB, 478x301px) Image search: [Google]
1464469713936.jpg
25KB, 478x301px
>>34452535
>And if all of that isn't already garbage, imagine coming home and having your family tell you that since you work fast food, your job is nothing because you must be doing nothing but one repetitive action all day. Fuck you very much senpai
You know what to do.
>>
>>34455820
No worker abuse is illegal in capitalism
>>
>>34455820
It's illegal, unless I agree to not take breaks.

If I don't agree, I get fired / don't get hired in the first place.
>>
>>34455875
>>34455912
LOL in Australia the job is forced to give everyone a break no matter what owned nerds
>>
I'm 22 and never had a job aside from 100 hours of community service at the library in 2012 and a paid intern position at my local community college 6 months ago

How fucked am I, and how long do you have to wait for a response? I'm going to be out of the US from Feb 1 to the 15th to take care of my grandma

I wouldn't want to get asked to come in for an interview while im in fucking Spain
>>
>>34452191
BURGER KING HAS A MEMPHIS BBQ SANDWICH?!?!?
>>
>>34455959
If they schedule it then just say you're unavailable and free after the 15th or whenever
>>
>>34452535
This was logical & well-worded. You should think about college, my dude.
>>
>>34455939

Not everyone lives in Australia. Here we work for real money fag.
>>
>>34456235
>Minimum wage
>Real money
Okay.
>>
>>34455939
>be ausfag
>first job as part-time kangaroo wrangler
>spend first day learning how to use boomerang lasso
>Chad's already caught 15 while I've only caught 12
>"Oi, what's the hold up there, mate?"
>Mandatory licorice break only half an hour away
>Boss says I have to wait longer now
>nahcunt
>release the kangaroos after them
>Chad gets raped in the arse
>Kangaroo knocks out boss with single punch
>Steal his wallet
>Go out for shrimp on the barbie for dinner now unemployed
G'day that was
>>
>>34452535
Same with Warehouse/Logistics
>>
>>34456442
Hahahahahahha btfo
>>
>>34452535
This.
Especially the part about the useless new managers changing everything every 3 months for no reason and the dudes who will never get promoted
>>
>>34454234
>Are they more friendly and easier than fast food?
Yes. Food service is the worst. Lowest of the low.
Also try local Chain movie theaters
>>
File: 1485397809431.jpg (63KB, 597x443px) Image search: [Google]
1485397809431.jpg
63KB, 597x443px
>take anti harassment training
>one scenario is of a black man who is always told to work with the watermelons
>says his manager always harasses him but he doesn't want to comfront him because the manager is a "big guy"
>start giggling
>boss gives me the evil eye
>>
File: just a hobo.jpg (743KB, 1126x1091px) Image search: [Google]
just a hobo.jpg
743KB, 1126x1091px
>graduate college
>~7 months of job searching
>finally get hired at a big company with cushy benefits
>tfw 40 hour work week is a mental prison and i miss the NEET life

i don't have time or energy to do anything anymore. i don't understand how normalcucks can thrive in conditions like this.
>>
sodium chloride sodium chloride sodium chloride sodium chloride sodium chloride sodium chloride sodium chloride sodium chloride sodium chloride sodium chloride sodium chloride sodium chloride
>>
>>34457213
This
Fast food is one of the worst work to pay ratios of any job.
>>
>>34454973
HAHHAHAHHAHAHAH
HE THINKS THE WOLD IS JUST
HAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAH
nigga get woke, nobody fucking cares, that bitch could sabotage 100s of jobs for anyone she doesn't like. Someone should she may want more females, or more Hispanics. The world is fucked up.
Corporate HR? They are their to protect the owners and mangers, not you
>>
File: images (4).jpg (12KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
12KB, 302x167px
>tfw work at McDonalds
>I am a 'team leader'
>have worked here for 4 years
>I am incompotent at training new staff yet am expected to do it
>all the staff I have ever trained have been fired
>always feel bad
>probably the worst was the time I had to train an obvious robot
>very skinny, greasy guy, with bad haircut, and meek soft voice
>have to show him to servce customers on the drive thru
>demonstrate a few times
>tell him to try
>he does
>seems nervous but does OK
>decide I have to offer encouragement
>'OK MAN THAT WAS GREAT BUT IMAGINE IF YOU WERE DRIVING AND THE FOOD WAS JUST PASSED TO YOU? THE CUSTOMERS WON'T REMEMBER SO EXCITE THE FOOD, MAKE THE DRIVE THRU, A DRIVE WOOO!'
>he obviously seems confused
>starts serving customers by basically slapping the bags of food onto their heads as they drive
>accidentally throws a big mac onto someones windshield
>it slides down their car and comes out of the box
>the customer is furious
>I have anger issues, so I blame him even though he was following instructions
>force him to climb through the window and pick the burger up then walk back round and re-serve the customer
>huge queue
>the manager blames him for what happened
>he gets fired

I am sorry if that was you
>>
>>34452016
REEE JUST LET ME MAKE NUGGET AT MY OWN PACE
>>
>>34457562
>been working there less than a week
>old man walks in clutching fistful of coupons
>he can't read and doesn't know what for
>just knows he must use ALL the coupons
>i have to go around the store hunting items
>lazy faggot has a cane, won't go himself
>finally find them all and bring them up front
>painstaking apply discounts one by one
>mfw "I AINT GOT TIME FORGETT IT"
>really, you made me do all that for nothing?
>void it all out, have to write an explanation
>clock out to take my break and cool off
>oldfag comes walking back into the store
>"MUH COUPONS!" he yells at coworker
>i feel bad and decide to quickly help him
>already know where everything is
>go back and get the shit, again, bring it up
>start scanning and applying all the coupons
>mfw "YOU AIN'T EVEN RANG IT UP YET?"
>mfw he starts to "RRRRREEEEEEEEEEE"
>mfw threw his bag of shit in his face and walked out
>>
>>34452085
>shamrock shake
literally god tier drink

>>34457368
It depends on which one and what shift youre working honestly. I worked in a mall food court for a while and on the friday evening shift I would literally get like 9-10 customers during the entire shift.
>>
>>34457259
>40 hours/week

Fuck me, try 70.

Even though I'm passionate about what I do, I still miss the NEETlife just for the ability to do shit like go shopping.
>>
>>34452535
Go over his candy ass head

Why is there such a stigma against going over incompetent peoples' heads? The Renaissance happened, nobody is ruled by anyone anymore.
>>
Sorry I'm not a compliant drone and this work is so unstimulating it bores me you fucking spastic cunt
>>
>>34456595
Real aussies call them prawns.
>T.aussie
>>
File: 1426261019321.jpg (28KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
1426261019321.jpg
28KB, 680x583px
>>34452016
>be a college drop-out, homeschooled, taught myself literally everything I know
>get a job in data entry
>my peers are so fucking incompetent I become head of the whole fucking place within 5 months
>painstakingly try to teach grown men and women twice my age with infinitely more experience and education than me how to do the basics of jobs that anyone could do
It is the most difficult shit in the world to not lose it when someone's incompetence is preventing you from doing a job correctly. There is no excuse for having no common sense or skill when you've invested time and effort in your education. These people have nothing to show for all of their credentials and it's infuriating.
>>
Having a job sounds so hard and stressful. Good thing I'm a NEET.
>>
>>34458516
Oh you sweet summer child.
Are you serious?
>>
File: tendies.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
tendies.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>34457259

Similar situation but I can handle my 40 hour workweeks just fine. Probably helps that I work from home on Monday and Friday and fuck around for over half of those hours (still meet my production quota though). I'm on the clock right now with my work laptop sitting open next to me. I make just over $30/hr and I have spent the last 3 hours dicking around on 4chan. I earned $90 to shitpost in my apartment and I will do it for 2 more hours before my shift ends.
>>
>>34458809
I have suits against two different companies who refused to fire asswipe middle managers, and one of them is trying to settle and has already sacked the guy. Why do you let your peers trample on you?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.