[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you just learn to play the guitar? Girls love

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

File: My poopoo guitars.png (918KB, 588x1027px) Image search: [Google]
My poopoo guitars.png
918KB, 588x1027px
Why don't you just learn to play the guitar? Girls love it.

Pic related, my guitars.
I also have another acoustic guitar, but I left it in my car.
>>
>Strats
Please, please kill yourself
>>
File: 1321571710678.jpg (74KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1321571710678.jpg
74KB, 600x450px
because I'm not gonna pick up a hobby solely to impress the opposite sex. i'm not a woman.
>>
File: 023336B.jpg (650KB, 1200x835px) Image search: [Google]
023336B.jpg
650KB, 1200x835px
>>34438897
Because I already do

This my favourite I have
>>
>>34438966
That's very nice senpai. Im getting a les paul as soon as I have enough. And the one I'm getting looks similar to that one.
>>
File: 1387166317081.jpg (43KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
1387166317081.jpg
43KB, 500x349px
>>34438897
>He thinks women like guitarists.

Not good guitarists. They only care if the guy holding it is a chad.

Actual talented guitarists, those with real skill, are almost invariably hyper autistic and listen to prog, metal and mathrock type shit on rotation because "muh technicality."

Source: am an autistic guitarist (note, not terribly good at it, however).
>>
>>34438897

Because it doesn't work.

Can confirm, being a guitarist in a band. We're not big or anything but we play regularly every couple of weeks and have recorded music and shit.

I think being a guitarist is a useful piece of arsenal to a chad, but for robots it gets you little more than passing acceptance.
>>
>>34438897
i did try, it just doesnt make me feel as happy as i thought it would, something about how you play and use your fingers doesnt please me really well. however i did pick up piano and i enjoy that much more and it makes much more sense cause i been using a computer keyboard all my life.

also is there any point in learning how to read music theory? i feel like just looking up online tabs are far more superior
>>
>girls love it

heeheehee hohoho
>>
>>34439015
Girls don't want to hear actual complicated solos or anything metal/rock. All you need to do is play either fingerstyle like eddy van der meer or learn four chords and play like 90% of popular songs.
>>
>>34439051
What's your band? You guys have a sound cloud or any other music streaming services?
>>
>>34439063

I'm >>34439015

If you want to learn how to write good music, absolutely. I'd also argue that you should learn it if you play piano, if for no other reason than keyboard instruments are the easiest to learn theory with, and it will greatly enrich your appreciation for music.

If you're going to learn guitar or some shit like that, you can honestly get quite far without it. But a good grasp of theory really does make it much more rewarding to both play and study music in a lot of ways.
>>
>>34439063
I've been playing for years and still only look at tabs. What does it matter? You're learing the song either way.
>>
I do know how to play guitar... I just play black metal
>>
already do, just came back from band practice. might be joining another band in two weeks too
>>
>>34438897
Got a Les Paul, Dunno why I havent picked it back up. Had a beautiful 12 string Ovation back in the day. How long have u had that one on the left? looks yellowed as shit
>>
>>34438897
Nice, what brand is the one on the right?
i play a cort g250

pls rate my voice
(sorry for sucking at singing and playing at the same time)
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1l2ensGje4w
>>
>>34439063
knowing basic music theory is worth learning. it's not that difficult to understand. i can read sheet music because i learned it in school but i haven't been in any bands that use sheet music. i'm pretty rusty with reading sheets because i just haven't been in any bands that hand them out. you'll mostly find sheet music in jazz, classical, studio work, or big band type of situations. if you just want to play some rock stuff then being able to read sheet music isn't really going to help you that much
>>
>>34439364
are you playing in some weird time signature for some avant garde effect or is it just the singing and playing at the same time fucking you up
>>
>>34439406
the latter, technichally it's 3 beats a bar, but I need to concentrate really hard to not fall back into my speaking voice when I sing so that makes me fuck up a lot
>>
>>34439015
there are good guitarists that women like. mayer, fruiscante, thomas erak, buckley, etc etc
>>
File: 20161214_135222.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161214_135222.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
This is mines:):):)))):)):)
>>
>>34439471
>toronto
>a faggot

Checks out
>>
>>34439471
meme/10
what do you play?
I hope it's funk or something
>>
File: guitars.jpg (51KB, 581x969px) Image search: [Google]
guitars.jpg
51KB, 581x969px
>>34438897

>girls love it

The problem with this is that if you're an autistic shut-in (like me), you will never find any girls to show your guitar skills to

pic related, the senpai
i love this piece of shit epiphone
>>
>>34439471
i like the sound of jazzmasters but i refuse to get one because every asshole indie snowflake in the world plays one

ill stick to teles for now
>>
File: tyj.png (59KB, 213x213px) Image search: [Google]
tyj.png
59KB, 213x213px
>learned to play guitar guitar
>learned to sing a bit
>hfw its all weird russian underground punk and slovenian avant-garde
>>
>>34439441
yeah that happens to me too

singing "correctly" is hard as fuck, cant be sure if my voice just sucks or im not projecting well enough
>>
>>34439227
Got it second hand. Not sure how old, Maybe like 8 to 10 years.
>>34439364
It's a weird brand. Has some sort of S as a logo. Can't remember the name off the top of my head. But it's alright.

Your vice needs improvement. Try being less monotone. Also vibrato when your voice goes low sounds good. And when your voice goes higher try to make it louder. I'm not some vocal expert, just know what sounds good form experience. Good luck.
>>
>>34438897
>learned to play guitar
>still can't get lonely fat girls
>>
>>34439547
>>34439364

Possibly an SX strat? Though I've never seen one with the 3+3 style headstock
>>
>>34438897
Because I'm already a pianist.
>>
>>34439579
girls only like chads or mega stars who play guitar

everyone else is just some idiot with a guitar
>>
I got bass instead. I dont know what to do now
>>
>>34439547
thanks, i only started trying to sing 2 days ago though so I wasn't expecting to be praised, the thing is that my speaking voice is quite deep, so i'm trying hard to sing high, the pitch in the vocaroo is as high as i can go, hold on i'll upload how shitty it sounded when i tried it with my normal voice
>>
>>34439609
you play root notes and third bitch
>>
>>34439624
Go on oregano bass
>>
>>34439676
the first rule of bass is don't be jaco

no one other than bass players want to hear that farty shit
>>
File: 1480802421074.jpg (41KB, 381x539px)
1480802421074.jpg
41KB, 381x539px
>>34438897
>tfw to intelligent to learn to practice guitar
>>
>>34439547
>>34439619
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1gFg0VLHTEL
makes me cringe hard to listen to that, and I'm afraid of falling back into that voice when i go deeper
>>
>>34438897

I've got maybe 10 guitars. Plus a drumset. Girls don't love it. Stop telling lies.
>>
>>34439585
Yeah its weird. That was my first electric. Got it off some guy on kijiji (canadian kraigslist)
>>34439619
You're pretty good for only doing it 2 days. I can only sing whyle playing easy songs.
>>
>>34438897
If you're ugly, then girls will just think you're a creepy or autistic guitar guy.

You need to be Chad for it to work.
>>
>>34439015
i just make dreampop that rips off the pillows really hard
>>
>>34439783
>If you're ugly, then girls will just think you're a creepy or autistic guitar guy.

This. No one cares. Maybe it helps if you're in a band playing rock shows. But rock music is dead isn't it?

Does anyone even do that anymore?
>>
>>34439609
go autismal with it and get really good, then rake in all the gigs. Most people don't really learn the nuances of bass and are happy with riding on the root for the whole song. That's cool but it means there's not a lot of competition once you pass a certain skill level. Bass is paying for my college and giving me health insurance, so go for it bro
>>
>>34439853
>Bass is paying for my college and giving me health insurance, so go for it bro

How is that possible? Elaborate.
>>
>>34438897
You know whats weird
>open g
>fret 1: f
All the frets up til 6 are whole tones Idek what that is called but then 7th:
>7th: c and not b# bc there is no b# its c

Crazy
That legit just fucks with me
>>
>>34439870
You play it for your local hospital and they say wow you are a good player and they give you free insurance when you play good music and make them happy :^)
>>
>>34439870
I bass in a military band so I get dat cheap tricare, GI Bill, federal and state tuition assistance and other benefits, plus scholarships for jazz at school
>>
>>34439931

Oh makes sense. I thought you were playing rock gigs or something which would have blown my mind.
>>
>>34439897

Well, you CAN call it b# or Cb in certain cases
>>
I started some years ago, but i ended up dropping it when i bought a keyboard. The keyboard just gives so many possibilities... (Drums, piano, organizaciones, violin, flute, sound FX...)

Learn keyboard, you will look like a pro with much less effort, plus you won't develop calluses on your fingers and you won't need to keep tuning the damn thing every couple of days and changing the strings every once in a while.

Also MIDI composing.
>>
>>34439952
That's what I do in the military band actually, of course I do other rock/country/jazz gigs on the side for a bit of extra cash
>>
>>34438897
>at coffee place where my friend/former oneitis works and invited me to
>it's an open mic
>everyone there knows how to play guitar
>everyone there is damn good at it
Felt pretty fucking out of place, not even taking into account I'd been listening to RATM beforehand and was ready to snap and kill someone at any second.
>>
>>34439853
How do I get as good as you I dont know where to start
>>
Just bought a guitar this week actually

>tfw handlet
>tfw having a hard time playing chords without muting strings
Kill me
>>
>>34439845
i'm trying to get famous as a rapper/indie pop singer, i make dreampop/rock music as a hobby
>>
>>34438897
Where would I begin with an acoustic guitar on the internet?

>No money
>No car

So a teacher is out of the question atm
>>
>>34440079
honestly hand size doesnt really matter, i have small hands but open chords are very easy for me to play just because ive been practicing for a long time

it's normal to be unable to play chords without muting strings at first
>>
>>34438897
Ive been playing for ten years and occasionally I play gigs by myself.

Problem is I play drone and black metal and that doesn't pull in girls attention. Playing B.C. Rich probably doesn't help either.
>>
>>34440123
justinguitar.com

This is the ultimate beginner and intermediate guitar lesson site. All free
>>
>>34440123
Justinguitar.com or get to a teacher by bike
>>
>>34440262
>No money
Nevermind, sorry, but Justin is the best
>>
>>34440049
just learning the basics of good technique at first (like plucking, one finger per fret, floating thumb etc.) will really be helpful when starting out because bass is an easy instrument to acquire bad habits on. Most of the stuff you'll learn at first will be pretty easy and you'll want to get sloppy with technique, then when you get better and want to learn harder stuff, you'll find your technique has gone to shit and you physically won't be able to play it. Also really focus on groove and how to lock in with a drummer, this is usually what people want to hear when auditioning you for a band setting. It's cool if you can play Jaco in your sleep, but it won't matter if you can't fall into the pocket and make the music danceable. I've found that recording myself playing a line to a drum track, then listening to it really helps with this. It will let you know what you sound like to others in a band setting, and it can help you tweak your note placement to where it needs to be to lock with the drums.

sorry I'm tired lol I can't tell if that rambling mess made sense
>>
>>34440231
>>34440262
Thanks anons

originalono
>>
>>34438897
Dont do it. I started young and dedicated my life to it now i am a loser with no real skills
>>
I've played for about 13 years. I've never played with anyone else though. I'm too autistic to work with others, so I just jam by myself in my apartment at night.
>>
>>34438897
>Girls love it.
No they don't. Also girls know that guys want to lean guitar to get girls.

Learn the harmonica. It's 40 dollars for a quality one, portable, and idk it's less trite. I got a guitar during the Guitar Hero pandemonium. Wasted lots of money. My guitar instructor was a dick who would chat with friends and have me wait outside infront of the store. As soon as he did that for an entire lesson I quit.
>>
>>34438897
Because saxophone is way better. Guitar is the most basic instrument.

It's not even impressive.
>>
Music is always a fun hobby. It's just like a toy to play with to me. Plus I like a large variety of music. It's enjoyable in so many ways. It's a creative process, it requires a lot of technical prowess, and it requires a lot of knowledge and study. It's like all the best parts of human existence wrapped into a single endeavor.
>>
File: 1483696232858.jpg (105KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483696232858.jpg
105KB, 600x400px
>jam with roommate
>he plays death metal and thrash
>I play blues and grunge

The blending sounds odd but I love doing it. It feels good to play with others. If only we can blend our tastes together to make our jams sound in sync.
>>
>>34440123
I taught myself by just learing different songsI like. And along the was I made a friend that taugh me a lot.
>>
>>34439015
>>34439512
>>34439579
>>34439783
>>34439845
Nailed it. Thread should have ended there desu

Been playing for almost 10 years, I've done open mic nights at coffee houses and on campus and played battle of the bands type stuff at college but it's never helped the fact that I'm not Chad. Hopefully I can at least sell it online and make some money out of it to make up for it.

>>34438966
not bad my man

>>34439471
>oh wow that's actually kinda cool--
>Toronto Blue Jays
>Toronto
>Canada
>2017
>Being Canadian
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.