[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your interpretation of the Stanford Prison Experimen

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1483619533045.png (984KB, 3180x2088px) Image search: [Google]
1483619533045.png
984KB, 3180x2088px
What is your interpretation of the Stanford Prison Experiment.

You know, the one where a psychologist rounded up a bunch of male guards and a bunch of male prisoners and it developed into full blown terror?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_LKzEqlPto
>>
The participants understood that the situation was fake, and that their actions would not have long-term repercussions for them. So, the guards did not have much incentive to be professional about their behavior. The threat of losing one's livelihood is a good incentive for prison guards in most modern societies to treat prisoners humanely.

The experiment demonstrates the importance of oversight, especially surprise audits. Societies such as the United States that do not have effective prison oversight systems in place tend to produce results similar to the experiment. But our federal leadership was entirely corrupt from the end of the Eisenhower administration until this month, so I suppose we should be glad that things didn't turn out worse.
>>
Even though the experiment was unethical I'm glad it went on it really showed what we are all capable of.
>>
>>34424698
I really want more unethical experiments/unethical science

I thought if people produce and distribute hardcore cp and whatnot, why isn't there any community of underground scientists who do like human cloning and shit? and unethical psychological experiments
>>
>>34424759
maybe there are

the real answer is that hardcore cp is cheap to produce and anybody can do it
unethical experiments require some level of prestige and is much harder to achieve without a rebellion

but who knows what's being tested as of right now
>>
>>34425796
spooky
well I hope if there's anything going on they get something enlightening out of it
>>
Ex-Con here, did 3 1/2 years in prison.

AMA
>>
>>34427210
why go to r9k?
>>
>>34427210
What's the craziest thing you saw in prison
>>
>>34427210
How would you describe the instinct to dominate others and behave sadistically towards inferiors?

Is it a distinct physical sensation? What triggers it?
>>
>>34427242
I dunno dude. I guess I feel a sort of kinship with people who are lonely, even though I'm nowhere near the same level as most here seem to be. Sometimes I participate in voice threads and be nice to people because I can.

>>34427249
Hard to say. When you say that though, the first thing comes to mind is that when I was in max I was hearing all kinds of complaints from people on the bottom tier cells that ants were infesting their rooms. I took a tube of prison toothpaste (This stuff strips paints off walls, never put it in your mouth) and went to the small yard newxt to the pod and started covering up a crack that had ants pouring out of it.

Next thing I know I feel liquid splash my back and thought it was soda, so I turned around and squared up on the guy not knowing who he was at the time. As I'm stepping up to him, he kicks off his shoes and pulls a huge fucking shank from his waistband and says "You wanna get dead over some ants?" It's burned pretty vividly into my memory. I threw my hands up and said "Nah dude, we're good."

normally you'd be ousted for bitching out like that but turns out no one said a word because they knew the guy was fucking crazy. I'll also add that he's an extremely high profile murderer, but I won't say his name because no one will believe me anyway.
>>
>>34427301
I wasn't like that, and my crime wasn't violent. All I did was make some friends and not act like a bitch. I still got into fights, but for the most part people just left me alone and that's how I wanted it.

As for why others do it, it's because they're mentally diseased. A step beyond mentally ill. These kinds of people will never seek nor find help because most of the time, prisoners deserve to be where they are.
>>
>>34427210
how bad overall was it?

was it a mostly fair place to live?
>>
>>34427516
Depends on where you go to prison at. In a high population area it's pure misery. You have to fight and play childish prison politics all the time and it gets mentally exhausting. In a low population area, you may fight only rarely is at all and it's basically a really boring glorified babysitting facility where your biggest challenge is finding ways to keep yourself entertained and your mind off of being in prison.
>>
>>34427567
Is there an accurate portrayal of prisons in the media?
>>
>>34427641
No. Prison rape is overhyped, and the violence is at a minimum for the most part, especially when people from the outside are doing tours. The staff will make your life shit if you act out of line, but the media adds a ton of dramatization to make it seem super crazy. Only when they go to the super max/lockdown pods do their dramatizations become true.

What really pisses me off is that no one bothers to look into the utter corruption and evil nature of the staff. It's a bad feeling when you know the people charged to look after the scum of society is just the same scum with a cloth badge.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.