[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which version of SimCity is best and why? What other sim

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: simcity1.jpg (460KB, 672x561px) Image search: [Google]
simcity1.jpg
460KB, 672x561px
Which version of SimCity is best and why?

What other sim games do you enjoy?
>>
The first one was the only one I played more than a few hours. Sim games aren't for me it seems.
>>
fucking tropico is way better
>>
>>34418765
Some people find them boring. What kind of games do you prefer?

>>34418897
Why is it better?
>>
>>34418684

This one is good for the nostalgia and simplicity. However, the lack of an undo button and inability to to use some sort of line tool to build straight roads/railroads/powerlines makes it annoying. Also having a park with a fountain was always super annoying since you can't build a powerline over it. Once you figure out how to keep each area happy (no crime, no pollution, no heavy traffic, everyone has jobs) , it's a long wait to get enough income to expand the city.
>>
File: gillbates[1].png (316KB, 1392x821px) Image search: [Google]
gillbates[1].png
316KB, 1392x821px
>>34418684
>this game
>muh dick
Now I really want to play this again.
>>
>reticulating splines

i caaaaaaame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxbw0YQ8zDU
>>
Sim City 2000

I always thought the orange industrial buildings looked like big burgers as a kid.
>>
I would be lying if I said I've never made sims of my favorite mass shooters and had them fight each other.

But my favorite sim game is Adam Lanza Sim Date: the Game.
>>
>>34419006
ooo Simtower was it? I used to play this years ago as a kid but it was outdated even then and would frequently crash with no warning for some reason. I still liked it a lot. Would also play it again.
>>
>>34418684

SimCity 4 is the best. I'd craft every single city block lovingly.

I can't muster the enthusiasm for games anymore though.
>>
tfw had a bunch of pictures I used to post on sim generals of my sim family
>>
>>34418986
Which one do you prefer?

>>34419084
Graphically, there's something comfy about this one. It feels homey.

>>34419119
>Adam Lanza Sim Date: the Game
I'd like to see that.
>>
>>34419164
>I can't muster the enthusiasm for games anymore though.
This is probably why I am asking people about it instead of picking something to play.

I would start out crafting things with care and then realize I did something suboptimal that I couldn't change immediately without fucking things up and this would cause me to be more lazy with the rest of it. Reminds me of real life.
>>
I like Sim City 2000 I think and Sim Tower.
>>
>>34419231
It's just a collection of sad fantasies that shouldn't have existed.
>>
>>34419779
Did you actually finish this or have you just been tinkering with it?
>>
>>34420010
I finished it awhile ago, but I keep going back in and adding new storylines when I feel lonely.
>>
>>34418897
I agree, but they're two different types of games. I don't play them for the same reasons at all.
>>
>>34418684
Dwarf Fortress is the most detailed game ever made.
>>
>>34420081
Tell me about Tropico. What's the main draw for you?

>>34420063
Are you going to release it somewhere or is this just a personal project?

>>34420116
I've never played it. Do you enjoy it?
>>
>>34420225
>I've never played it. Do you enjoy it?
https://soundcloud.com/mredrum/superior-rampart
>>
File: tropico3.jpg (26KB, 250x311px) Image search: [Google]
tropico3.jpg
26KB, 250x311px
>>34420225
Tropico is /comfy/. The gameplay is different from simcity because you place every building, rather than just zoning them out. This doesn't get too crazy though, because you only start with around 20 people and that number grows rather slowly, however unlike simcity every person is a an individual with a name, needs and opinions. You can watch every person walk around your city, they will farm your crops, live in your houses, and you can even choose to assassinate them. You also have to deal with elections every 8ish years. It also has a comfy aesthetic and great soundtrack. The dialogue even made me chuckle a few times.

I highly recommend it, it's cheap on steam and goes on sale every few weeks. 3 is the best in the series, but I have major nostalgia for the original too
>>
File: DwarfFortressMilitiaFlowChart.jpg (803KB, 1030x3793px) Image search: [Google]
DwarfFortressMilitiaFlowChart.jpg
803KB, 1030x3793px
>>34420225
>I've never played [dwarf fortress]
>>
My cities would always get into debt way too quick, I could never run one and be prosperous.

Roller coaster tycoon was maximum comfy especially if you had a trailer that unlocked unlimited money, map space and all rides.
>>
>>34420419
What makes 3 the best version?

I prefer not to use steam to purchase when possible. Would this be the original?
https://www.gog.com/game/tropico_reloaded

Main differences that make 3 better?
>>
>>34420497
That's STILL better than the original fucking military mechanics. I've been playing dorf fortress for over a decade now and I still love that fucking shit.
>>
>>34420575
It's better than 1 and 2 as it has more to do. 4 and 5 are plagued with shitty dlc plans and are even more limited in some ways (character creation especially).
>>
>>34420575
oh, and I forgot about your second part. GoG is legit. Reloaded has the first two games which are great, Tropico 3 Gold is the best version though.
>>
>>34420497
Sounds like a clusterfuck that is so much controls learning curve that it is inevitably boring. oh like all of DF.
>>
>>34420497
>I've never played [dwarf fortress]
It's because I am true pleb and can barely manage my own life.

>>34420544
I play RC Tycoon sometimes. It brings back nice memories. Also, I get a sense of satisfaction from sending in my handyman to sweep up litter and vomit that is unparalleled by anything in the real world.

>>34420803
>>34420893
Okay. Thank you very much for the recommendation. Maybe I will give it a try.
>>
>>34420225
I had planned on releasing it, but it's probably better to keep this personal. I am sending it to about 5 people, though.
>>
>>34418684
The two I've played substantially were SimCity for SNES and SimCity 2000 for PC.

I have had great fun with both but 2000 takes the win because I've played it with my then best friend for hours on end.

He's married plus kid now.

I'm a 31yo khv.
>>
File: okl_tropico_okl.jpg (14KB, 200x237px) Image search: [Google]
okl_tropico_okl.jpg
14KB, 200x237px
Tropical master race checking in
>>
>>34418684
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTJQTc-TqpU]
Simcity 3000
>>
I've never played Sim City games, but I have played all the others, excluding some expansions.

I like Sims 3 the best. I have a tendency to make Sims based on tripfags, and people from /r9k/ because I don't know any real people, I guess. Some times I like to make a roudy negro family that terrorizes the town. They're fitting as werewolves.
>>
>>34422111
Can I take your virginity? Always wanted to deflower a wizard.
>>
I played a fuckton of 2000 and 3000 way back when, but never any after that. I should probably give one of the modern city simulators a try. Are there any that let you build really intricate roads and highways and crap? I commuted to college by car and spent a lot of time sitting in traffic daydreaming about building massive ten-lane highways.

>>34422943
but anon, what if he isn't gay?
>>
>>34422996
He's a 31 year old khv, he should take whatever is offered
>>
File: 8gLhYPf.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8gLhYPf.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>34422996
Sounds like Cities: Skylines is where it's at for you.

Although Sim City 3k and SC4 are 2 of the comfiest games in existence.
>>
thoughts on sim city 3000?
>>
>ywn again play sc4 with your bro in the early and mid-2010s, discuss ideal cities with him, and plan the region together
SimCity 2000 was great too, one of my all-time favorites. The original was pretty good also. I've never played 3000 or the latest SimCity. As for other Sim games, the only ones I've played are Copter, Tower, and Streets of SimCity. They all had their moments, but weren't that great in my opinion.
>>
>>34418684
Unironically, Cities: Skylines is the best version of SimCity.
>>
Ceasar 3 was awesome. Also anno 1702 or whatever year
>>
File: 1475954307447.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1475954307447.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
Sim City 2000 is the only answer here. If anyone thinks otherwise you should go die
>>
>>34418924
>What kind of games do you prefer?
Late answer, but none really. When I really want to play a video game, I'll steal something random, play it for an hour or two and uninstall. I wish I still liked video games, it was easier to fill my NEET time back then.
>>
>>34424245
It was the only one I had played. It was pretty cozzy, especially the music. The gameplay was good and you could really do a lot as far as building goes. However, you reachthe point where the game does its own thing and there is nothing new to do but watch it run.
>>
File: Eldwich.png (247KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Eldwich.png
247KB, 1024x768px
I last played sim city 3000 in 2012. This is a city I was building. I was playing on hard mode and just trying to expand as quickly as possible. Mostly medium density residential with industry on the edge of the map.

Was going to build another city where I build a checkerboard of 3x3 high density zones until they build a valuable building, then I make it historical and fill in the blank squares.
>>34425602
I would usually build a new city or optimize.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.