[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is LA the most overrated city in the world? Don't think

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

Is LA the most overrated city in the world? Don't think another city has been so overly used in movies that's it's completely opposite of what it really is
>>
I saw La La Land on Saturday it was pretty okay
>>
>>34415527
I've been there a couple of times (not American) and it's definitely the worst city I visited there. Cars, poor people, dirty, not very interesting.
>>
>>34415527
It's a pretty cool city. Of course it gets romanticized in movies just like NYC.
>>
>>34415569
NYC is actually a cool city, LA fucking sucks tbqh
>>
Toukyou.
>>
>>34415989
This. LA just feels like a movie set where it's always just too damn hot.
>>
>>34415989
L.A. is really unique because it's a massive, spread out area that's referred to as a city. In reality it's more like several mini cities connected by highways.
>>
>>34416040
It's actually been cold and rainy here. L.A. in the summer is generally not nearly as sweltering as the east coast. New York in July is pure misery.
>>
Can someone tell me what the fuck La La Land is about? The description won't tell me shit.
>>
>>34416051
>L.A. is really unique because it's a massive, spread out area that's referred to as a city

No it's not, Houston is literally like LA just replace movies with oil and gas, except Houston has less Mexicans and you can buy guns
>>
>>34415527
>Is LA the most overrated city in the world?

You forgot Jew York City, Chicagostan, and Hollyqueer Land
>>
>>34416170
Houston is similar but still has like a million less residents than L.A.
>>
>>34416185
LA is really spread out though that it ate surrounding towns, Houston is doing the same thing and it'll be as big eventually
>>
>>34415527
It's because all the studios are in LA and it's cheaper than a lot of other places in the world to shoot, you idiot
>>
>>34416153
hurr "love" what do you think? its not some crazy thriller with an actual cool plot.

watch, ill post this without even looking it up
>>
>>34416241
It's also a musical that's sort of an homage to 50s/60s Hollywood productions.
>>
>>34415527
I live in LA lite (AKA Phoenix) and I enjoy it. It's one of the better cities I've been too.
>>
>>34416153
it's about nothing, it just has a few songs that people like
>>
>>34416180
>Hollyqueer Land

Hollywood is part of L.A. county, retard.
>>
>>34415527

That's definitely the most overrated movie this oscar season. I mean, it was alright, but it's no fucking Cabaret ffs
>>
>>34415527
Venice reporting in. I can't imagine living anywhere else really. NYC is fun to visit but I love how open and spacious Los Angeles is. New York feels old and stuffy to me.
>>
>>34415527
LA just seems so comfy and aesthetically pleasing, plus I love hot weather. Redpill me on it.
>>
>>34416462

Unless you're making six figures, don't bother, you'll be living in the hood, might as well live in Tijuana for half the cost
>>
>>34416462
It's definitely not the nicest looking city and you have to drive everywhere but the scenery is beautiful here. Sadly you get caught up in working and don't get to see the ocean for months at a time.
>>
>>34416513

SD is way more beautiful IMHO and it's not as ghetto
>>
>>34416502
It's not that bad. You can find decent apartments in Studio City for example. Once you adjust to the bigger scale of everything, it's not much different than other cities. You generally tend to stick to your area and find local bars/restaurants to your liking.
>>
>>34416544
San Diego is pretty awesome for sure. Wish I could afford it.
>>
>>34416462
There's a lot that's cool about LA, and tons of stuff to do, but it's really impractical for anyone who isn't well on the upper side of middle class. Everything is expensive as hell (besides the weed), you will lose weeks of your life to traffic every year you live here, and if you're not taking Uber/Lyft you're going to be paying another $10 to park anywhere, double that if you're downtown. Overall I wouldn't recommend it for most robots, but if it makes sense to be here for work/school reasons then it's worth considering, just dont expect it to be anything like the movies.
>>
>>34416357
Do you actually think anyone fucking cares? Kill yourself
>>
I spent a night at Venice Beach and then went to Venice Gold's gym the next day, it seemed ok. Lots of poor druggies walking around though.
>>
>>34417004
It's common knowledge, faggot. How could you not know something so simple?
>>
>>34417118
I consider them both sovereign garbage.
>>
>>34417030
Venice is a weird place but really cool. You'll constantly see people in $60k BMWs driving past dumpster diving bums.
>>
>>34417147
I think you're just kind of a dum-dum. That or a jealous europoor with a poor grasp of American culture.
>>
>>34415527
The movie doesn't depict the LA that people live in. They hit some random rundown spots and studio parking lots. Not representative at all.
>>
>>34417192
I don't care enough about amerLard Land to be familiar with the distinct counties.
>>
>>34417245
Drive and Nightcrawler actually do a decent job of showing you the actual city. I love driving around Los Angeles at night when the traffic dies down.
>>
i've never been to LA, but i dont know why people think NYC is so glamorous. it's an expensive cess pit and the people are fucking trash
>>
>>34416051
You just described atlanta. They even have the movie shit now
>>
>>34417347
Yeah but it's hard to describe how overwhelming L.A. is at first unless you've been there. It's such a massive urban sprawl with almost 4 million people. It's crazy when you see it from a plane.
>>
>>34417394
Atlanta is incredibly sprawled as well. Give it 10 years or so
>>34417283
NYC is goat i have everything i ever need just a train ride away and its introvert friendly so robots can enjoy
>>
>>34417283

If you've never seen the glamorous side of NYC it's because you're poor
>>
>>34417427
I don't know, man. I feel like most robots would be too anxious/self conscious to use public transit. NYC does not seem friendly to our meek kind.
>>
>>34415527
Paris
LA can't compare to how pretentious Paris is.
>>
>>34415527
My dad took us on a vacation to LA last year. Was honestly one of the worst experiences of my life.

>>34417283
NYC is fucking awesome even with all the libshits, fuck off.
>>
>all these nyc shills

lol. disgusting, dirty, very expensive, and filled with rude cunts. vienna is a nice city, nyc is not
>>
>>34417653
Don't forget sweltering humid summers and frigid winters. Fuck that city.
>>
>>34417681
i think the only people who actually like that city are insanely rich kids living off their parents dime. everyone else is overpaying for dingy apartments and deluding themselves into think it's worth the aggravation
>>
File: IMG_6215.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6215.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>34415527
>tfw live in la

Ask me anything. I like my city, but I wouldn't mind leaving to another big city.
>>
>>34417760
how mad are the spics there about the wall?
>>
>>34417760
Where you at? NoHo checking in.
>>
>>34417781
Nobody besides college students give a shit. Mexicans who want to cross will cross, a wall isn't going to stop them.
>>34417782
Florence-Graham, it's a weird Latino ghetto. I like how convenient it is.
>>
>>34417653
>very expensive, and filled with rude cunts
you say those like their bad things
>>
>>34417760
How do we cleanse california? Can we make it white again or should we just give it back to mexico?
>>
>>34417896
>How do we cleanse california?

Southern California is too far gone. Northern California is probably more your thing
>>
>>34417896
>>34417930
SoCal isn't that bad desu. I mean yeah, there's lots of latinos but you'll primarily encounter them at fast food places.
>>
>>34417968

No, they're literally infesting every job now, and they only hire other mexicans
>>
>>34417968
Guy who lives in LA here, everyone is Mexican/Latino.
>>
>>34418046
I'm in L.A. too. I'm just saying the Mexican population doesn't really impact my life on a day to day basis.
>>
>>34418063
So you live in Malibu?
>>
>>34418104
Nah, Hollywood. I've never had any issues with them other than trying to order food. Plus every once in a while you'll come across a smoking hot Mexican girl.
>>
>>34418063
>the Mexican population doesn't really impact my life

Same but everyone is Mexican where I am, including me. The minorities here are Whites, Indians and Asians.

Asians own all the donut shops for some reason.
>>
santa monica here, i really love living here

ive lived in venice, downtown la and inglewood before

ive got to say though inglewood was easily the worst place ive ever lived in my life, and ive lived in mexico before
>>
>>34418154
>including me

original
>>
>>34418143
>>34418143
Do you live in a white enclave.

That's like someone from Chicago saying there isn't a crime wave going on when they live in the north side, when all the crime happens in the Southside
>>
I've been to LA once. It's just an endless sea of suburban houses. Not awful, but nothing to brag about. 5/10

also In N Out is great and it tears me up inside knowing there's none here in the midwest
>>
>>34416051
That's Pheonix if anything
>>
>>34419226

That's pretty much most cities in the west coast
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.