[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Shy people are actually narcissistic and vain Really

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: Shy.png (169KB, 800x675px) Image search: [Google]
Shy.png
169KB, 800x675px
>Shy people are actually narcissistic and vain

Really makes you think.
>>
There is some truth to that, yes.

Then again there are people who guilt trip to exploit you by being shy, mostly women.
>>
Feeling like you may die from anxiety = bad ego
>>
>>34409804
I think this comic works better as just the first two panels. The last two are just
>really makes you think
in comic form.
>>
>>34409804
That's not true though, it's a normie meme to make it seem like unsuccessful people deserve it.
>>
>you're ugly
>you must be a saint with no ego or shame
>>
>Chad and Stacy who take selfies of their food and get shitfaced drunk every weekend is totally normal
>shy people are the real narcissists
>>
>normies think because I stay in my room all the time I must hate them and think I'm better than them
>i actually hate myself and leaving my room reminds me of how much i hate myself

xDDD
>>
>>34409804
>shyness might be ego
This is so far from coherent it's funny.

This artist is so far up his own ass he can probably taste his lungs
>>
>>34409898
This
>Have you ever stopped to consider that what you can shyness might just be ego?
What the fuck is wrong with preserving your ego? I thought I was supposed to be confident.
>>
Actually I don't talk to people because "I'm shy", I don't talk to people because I don't want to bother them. I'm an awful human being and if I don't bother them, we'll all be happier. It's literally a win-win situation. You gotta be some kind of a dumb to not do that.
>>
Are normies really this disgusting?
>>
>>34409804
My word, I wonder what sort of trauma the author experienced to make them project like that.

Very unhealthy and problematic imo.
>>
>LE ANTI-EGO MAYMAY
>DUDE BRO JUST BEEEEE URSELF
>OH SHE THINKS YOU'RE A FREAK IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR HAVING AN EGO BROOO

I'm so triggered right now
>>
File: 234346.png (124KB, 290x231px)
234346.png
124KB, 290x231px
>implying he's wrong
All social anxiety is is fear of making a fool of yourself to other people.

I've gone my entire life without friends and have been a shut-in for the last 5 years so don't ''REEEE NORMIE'' at me either.
>>
File: vanity.jpg (38KB, 621x256px) Image search: [Google]
vanity.jpg
38KB, 621x256px
is language dying or did we fill the void religion left with being cucks for no reason?
>>
>>34409804
The guy who wrote this comic is probably whipped to shit.

I'm Any case, this comic is retarded, not least because it totally disregards those with genuine anxieties, but also because it has one too many panels and a distinct lack of a punchline. I get that he probably has a four-panel format, but if a joke won't work in that format then change the fucking joke.
>>
>>34410020
It's not a joke, it's supposed to trigger autists
>>
what's the point of this stupid comment anyway?
>>
That's stupid. I don't talk to women because they don't want me to talk to them and they make it perfectly clear.
>>
>>34410116
duuuuude you gotta embarrass yourself a few times before you start getting chicks, trust me bro it's all in your head
>>
>>34409911
Yeah, this.
Just because the comic is acidic doesn't mean it actually has a valid point to make.
>>
>>34409900
>other people are worse than me
>therefore I don't have to improve

and you wonder why you're here
>>
people are shy because of low self-esteem where they believe they're inferior to others, not because of 'ego' where they think they're too good for other people.
>>
>>34410194
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of these types of people, by every metric the average person is way more narcissistic than shy/lonely people
>>
>Shy people are actually narcissistic and vain

I'd modify that to say that people with anxiety in public generally think more attention is focused on them than actually is.
>>
>>34409804
Had no idea OP had a profession degree in psychology to diagnose shy people as narcissistic. While ignoring the fact that extroverted chads love themselves way too much.
>>
>>34410215
Partly this
>4409804
>cowards form of vanity
I hate this line so much
>>
File: noice.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
noice.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>have literal asperger's
>can't sometimes tell what is going on in social situations
>don't get anything out from partying
>enjoy spending time alone because it's the only time I don't feel awkward and weird
>according to some normie comic I'm the bad guy

I'm not even blaming anyone for my situation, I just acknowledge my situation is what it is, yet some normie thinks I'm a narcissist because I'm very shy.
>>
another normie just world fallacy
>>
>>34409875
This.
It's the "Just World" fallacy.

>Bad things only happen to bad people since good things always happen to me, and I totally (like to think I) am a good and deserving person.
>What about this other good and/or deserving person who keeps getting shit on because they don't follow social norms, aren't as confident/experienced, or just "don't fit in"?
>W-well, they must have deserved it somehow. It's got to be because they aren't normal. Yeah, that's it: They aren't normal like me, so they're secretly bad people inside (because if they were good people like me good things would happen to them), and that's why bad things happen to them.

It's the belief that everyone deserves everything they get, whether good or bad, because the world is "just" and "balanced".

Whether or not it stems from the remains of pervasive religious doctrine in contemporary culture, the Just World fallacy is the kind of shit that is keeping abortion clinics constantly under fire because
>THEY MADE THEIR CHOICE THEY SHOULD LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES
>What if someone else made that choice for them? What if they got impregnated against their will?
>WELL THAT'S BECAUSE THEY MUST HAVE SECRETLY BEEN BAD PEOPLE WHO MADE BAD CHOICES BECAUSE NOTHING BAD LIKE THAT WOULD EVER HAPPEN TO A GOOD PERSON, SO ABORTION IS ALWAYS WRONG

It's a safety mechanism. It keeps the inevitable realization that the world is an unfair place at bay, sometimes for a person's whole life. These are the kinds of people who never take enough to time to think about the nature of reality, instead putting off any deep or unsettling thoughts indefinitely by focusing on distractions like media, sports, socialization, fashion, and celebrities until those challenging thoughts go away. It keeps them in a safe worldview, otherwise they might just realize that they don't always deserve all the nice things they have in life, and they aren't really good people, and that really good people are often suffering and going without.
>>
itt: reaction formation
>>
>>34410760
Just world belief is associated with altruism, actually. People who believe that good begets good do good things.
>>
>>34410760
Why is it that people who always complain about the "Just World" fallacy are whiny, entitled, pessimistic losers?
Maybe if you tried harder instead of complaining, you'd get somewhere in life
>>
>>34410859
Is this post supposed to be ironic?
>>
>>34410271
This is true, but it's less in a "I'm so important that everyone cares about what I say and do, so they must constantly be judging my every action. Such is the curse of one more special than everyone else..." way, and more of a "Everyone is so judgmental and critical of everyone all the time, in front of their face and ESPECIALLY behind their backs. Just imagine all the shit they're constantly judging me for and laughing about behind my back, just like they do with everyone else..." way.
>>
>>34410760
>good people get impregnated therefore abortion is good
>>
>>34410817
Is it really altruism if they are only performing out of a punishment/reward system? They only do "good" things because they think that if they are a "good" person they'll get rewards.

I would have a thousand times more respect for a realistic pessimist who does good things. Even if he knows he may not get a reward, even if he knows that bad things may happen to him and going out of his way won't get him anything, not even the recognition of being "good", he still does good things because if the world's a shit place, you might as well do something good once in a while, just so that it's not a completely shit place for others.
>>
>>34409914
Nothing. Its saying your ego shouldn't be based in what others think of you. Your foundation should be strong enough to not have a little rejection fuck you up.
>>
>>344109570
Let's not open that can of worms.

Abortion isn't "good", just like it isn't "bad". No one is advocating for the family to link arms and skip down to the local abortion clinic every sunday morning to flush the weekly pregnancy down the drain, just because abortion is the best possible outcome for people in certain situations.

"Good" and "bad" don't come into play. The words surrounding abortion are "necessary" and "unnecessary". The fact is that abortion is sometimes necessary. There are many different circumstances and situations in which getting pregnant and giving birth would ruin both the mother's and child's lives, whether it's the mother's own "fault" or not. If we can give someone a second chance to do things right and maybe one become a productive member of society who can comfortably raise a healthy and well-adjusted child, instead of a deadbeat teen mom who never gets a career, turns to drugs, and lives off welfare, struggling to raise a child in poor conditions who turns to crime, as so many children in low socio-economic statuses tend to do, then why shouldn't we?

It's not an escape route or "easy way out" for people who make poor decisions, it's not a method for absolving responsibility at the expense of potentially life-forming genetic tissue, it's a way of stopping more "bad" people from being created by making sure undeserving parents (who are occasionally put into such a position against their will) aren't forced into the kind of situations that ruin people's lives, and that their potential children aren't forced to grow up in poverty and crime, and actually have a chance at a good life.
>>
>>34410901
Normies viewing the anxiety stricken percieve it the first way though, and it makes them mad and that makes them bully sometimes tho.
>>
>>34411270
Most of the time abortion is "necessary" it actually isn't. Women have raised kids in much worse conditions. It's a meme that you have to be a rich 35 year old to even THINK about having kids.
>>
File: comic.png (150KB, 800x675px) Image search: [Google]
comic.png
150KB, 800x675px
>>34409804
fuck you OP you suck balls nigger
>>
>>34409804
Yep, that's what I am
Not a huge pussy
>>
>>34409804
Wrong. Im shy because of my abusive and traumatic upbringing leading me to be incapable of interacting or opening up to others. Eg. As a kid i was called a faggot and beaten up by my dad for singing. Just the thought of things like these makes me want to punch a hole in my wall
>>
>implying people want some random chucklefuck who has nothing to say to force a conversation with them

No one wants to talk about the weather or big game with some average joe schmo autistic retard while they're drinking coffee or doing work or whatever.
>>
>>34409995
No it's not. It's chemicals responding poorly to outside stimulus. It's a trained reaction to certain events that triggers a fight or flight response.
>>
File: UPRISING NOW.png (94KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
UPRISING NOW.png
94KB, 396x385px
>This is what normalfaggots think of shy people
Fuck I'm mad right now
>>
File: 1.png (27KB, 573x379px)
1.png
27KB, 573x379px
>>34410477
>So much this.
>Also an aspie (Mild)
I just want to be me and talk about interesting things with a handful of close friends occasionally.
That's all I ask of my social life.
>>
>>34409804
If worrying about how others perceive you is vanity then nearly everyone should be considered vain, thats fucking stupid
>>
>>34410760
People do not like abortion because they sincerely believe that a human while in the womb has the right to life and should not be murdered.
>>
>>34409804
notice how the author's character is clearly more human and less odd looking
>>
>>34415926
That was one of the first things I noticed. Even in the comic, the shy characters appears to have legitimate reasons to fear talking to women, but he gets shit on anyway.
>>
>>34409804
>coward's version of vanity
I love this meme. He completely inverts the word "vanity" yet clings to original meaning and weight.
>>
>>34409908
This shit drives me up a fucking wall
>Be quiet because I'm socially retarded so it's better not to say anything if I don't know what to say than randomly spout some dumb shit ( evidence for this is any time I try to talk )
>Normalfags call me arrogant because due to previous factor only speak when I have something correct to say
Why do normalfags think if you're not constantly spouting off bullshit it's because you hate them?
Well I guess I do hate them now.
>>
File: 1485373681240.png (245KB, 800x675px) Image search: [Google]
1485373681240.png
245KB, 800x675px
>>34409804
i translated this comic for you

really made me think
>>
IDIOTS
The comic is about one guy trying to fuck with the other constantly
It's almost poetic to see it be used to rile up faggots here like it always is
>>
>>34409804

This is the right premise but the wrong argument. It is the desire for the person to act in a specific way that would please you that is the hubris. Dreaming about someones' affection and the implied belief that you deserve it over someone else is what makes shy person vain her, not whatever stupid inverted logic this guy used.
>>
>>34418197
>idiots because we don't follow the comic and therefore couldn't possibly be familiar with the characters' routines
>>
>>34418391
>Dreaming about someones' affection and the implied belief that you deserve it over someone else is what makes shy person vain her

I believe that I don't deserve other people's affection. Fuck off you normie sack of shit.
>>
>>34418391
Wanting someone to like you isn't hubris, and if it were, everyone would have it and the word would be void.

>dreaming about someones' affection and the implied belief that you deserve it over someone else
There's a lot of grey area between those two things. The former does not imply the latter. You're full of shit.
>>
>>34417159
>Why do normalfags think if you're not constantly spouting off bullshit it's because you hate them?

Projection.

They hate you, so you must hate them. That's why they have to strike first!
>>
>>34409804
shyness is excessive cortisol

you can call that an attitude problem, and people do, but at the end of the day that's retarded and anybody with half a brain knows so
>>
>>34410859

Yeah I forgot that the people that got BTFO'd by suboptimal brain chemistry are really the ones at fault. They should just happen to have the same amount of resolve as their brother. They should receive the same amount of motivation from positive stimuli as your typical CEO.
>>
>>34417269

Nice work tbqhwu.
>>
>>34418277
Idiots because you're all reactionary.
>>
>>34418443

When I say this, I imagine the "reeeee, she wants a tall guy" type people. Would you consider them innocent?
>>
>>34418610
Yes. Being angry that they got fucked genetically does not mean they think they "deserve" someone.
>>
>>34418662

Wanting to overthrow the other guy and be tall and more attractive in their place doesn't imply the vanity of thinking you deserve someone?

I think you are forgetting you are the protagonist to your own story and can't divorce yourself from the perspective. If anything, everyone is vain simply because they see things from the first person. While this makes my premise true, it also pretty much morally invalidates it because it is absurd to persecute someone for seeing things from their own perspective.
>>
I mean. survival of the fittest and nature selection is a thing... girls do have standards.

we want what we can't have. we deny ourselves what we really want deep down. you're your own worst enemy. way too many people not living in the moment and put their life on pause
>>
>>34419139
forgot the mention.

it is true that most people's problems stem from their stupidity. some people get piss poor genetics. some women aren't sexual creatures. some women are mentally slow and such.
>>
>>34419182
but yea there's a reason women cull beta males. they cause so much suffering for the people around them.
>>
>>34419218
the only value women have is the value men give to them. like gold...men agree that gold has value but like what would you actually do with a heavy lump of gold? stare at it?

quality of life and your health is everything
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.