[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the world such a terrible place? We're terrible,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1469173314515.jpg (544KB, 1280x1384px) Image search: [Google]
1469173314515.jpg
544KB, 1280x1384px
Why is the world such a terrible place?

We're terrible, too. I'm a shitty, selfish asshole who lacks empathy, and I hate myself even more for it.
But does that mean I don't deserve affection?
>>
>>34403281
whether anyone deserves anything is irrelevant to reality. people have desires. either they pursue them or they don't and if they do, sometimes they're successful and sometimes they're not. sometimes you can work hard and achieve your goals. sometimes you can work hard and fail miserably. some people get what they want with no effort at all. others try their best and never get anything. sometimes life is fair and sometimes life is terribly unfair and there's nothing we can do about it.
>>
>>34403327
Yeah, you're right.
So there really is no point to anything
>>
I often dream of saying fuck it all and join some buddhist monastery

>>34403327
Wisdom

>>34403627

Yep, in the grand scheme of things you are worth precisely 0
>>
>>34403666
>in the grand scheme of things you are worth precisely 0
How do you deal with that?
Hedonism is the obvious answer but is easier said than done.
I wish I could let go of my beta idealism about a just world and how things will work out eventually.
>>
>>34403281
Its not I mean it is and people are faggots but

There are only two choices in this paradigm instead of killing yourself or just in general being maladaptive
>Your too logical
>Your too emotional

This is pretty much it figure out which one it is, they both fall under the category of not really understanding yourself and your place so you fall back to defense mechanisms to squelch the dissonance

>Tfw I fell for the matrix meme
>I can only show you the door but you have to walk through it

>Just give me the bog pill
>>
>>34403861
I don't understand what this post means.
>tfw to stupid to reach enlightenment
>>
>>34403884
you don't understand it because it is gibberish.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.