[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>happiness is relative. >you are content as long as you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: amish2.jpg (65KB, 736x484px) Image search: [Google]
amish2.jpg
65KB, 736x484px
>happiness is relative.
>you are content as long as you are "good enough" compared to your surroundings
>the internet exposes you the best of the best in the world
>hence you'll never be happy as you as you keep aspiring to the fairy tale reality that some very few people are living

Get of the internet. It's ruining your life.
>>
People are not content in amish villages either. They have just developed a culture of repressing critical thoughts.
>>
>>34402038

You don't have to go Amish. But try to live the life of your neighbours instead of living the life of the 0.1% of people that you meet online.

Most of /r9k/ are probably more than able to be above average individuals. They just need to stop being too ambitious and start focusing on real life.
>>
>>34402007
Actually you're right. This board is cancer. It's all whining and talking about how Chad and tall guys get all the girls when the losers here don't talk to girls or even attempt to better themselves and improve. It's a crab in a bucket mentality. Everybody just drags everybody down with them.

I come here to check on how pathetic you guys are.
>>
>>34402007

I grew up with my neighbors being Amish, a few were even good friends of mine.

And I can tell you this, good sir. Those fuckers are so miserable that if it wasn't for the threat of their entire families shunning them if they question their way of life, they would not exist.

For your bullshit to be even remotely true you need a nice meaty shield of ignorance.
>>
>>34402066
>You don't have to go Amish. But try to live the life of your neighbours

It's the same principle. The problem is not the internet, it is the mindset of narcissistic superficiality. You need to have a bigger house, a better car, a hotter gf, more status, more praise.
>>
>>34402081

What I find most infuriating is when they try to rate people's attractiveness.

Like fuck if they don't rate 9/10s as below average.
>>
>>34402115

But at least your neighbours probably don't set the bar too high, unless you live next to Chad the banker and Stacy the valedictorian full time mommy.
>>
>>34402117
that's not true. if that standard is to have any meaning you cannot just rate any girl who isn't ugly as a 9/10.
>>
>>34402085

All I'm saying is stop being Chad and stop caring about Stacy. You're very likely NOT THAT BAD. If you had more realistic ambitious and you worked hard, you'd do OK.
>>
>>34402137
It doesn't matter how high the bar is. You will still find a way to question if you are really doing 'better' than others.
>>
>>34402117

True. It's sad. Like this board is filled with posters that are in their late 20s. They don't want to change or improve. They complain becuase it's easy to complain then rather get up and do something positive to change their mindset, attitude, and looks.
>>
>>34402007
Ignorance is no solution to your problems.

Also, you can't unknow what you know.
>>
>>34402157
>do something positive to change their mindset, attitude, and looks.

Empty platitudes. Always the normalfags speak in empty platitudes.
>>
If anything. Exposure to the internet highlights the futility of having to one-up everyone to feel good.
>>
>>34402165

Actually "ignorance is bliss" is very much true. More than once in my life, I was living in one reality and then I stepped up the game and went from being the top dog to being a bottom feeder.

And it wasn't always a wise decision. I could have a happy perfectly average life back home but I chose to be more ambitious and now I won't be content until I achieve this level of success.
>>
>>34402170
>>34402170
>improving oneself is empty
>not realizing seeing ones own goals accomplished gives a sense of fulfillment and happiness on its own

K.
>>
>>34402192
As an ignorant person is less aware of their suffering, so too must the ignorant person be less aware of their joy.
>>
>>34402170

You just prove my point.
>>
>>34402148

>work hard

Why? Most chads and staceys don't work hard. They booze, fuck, luck, and suck their way in jobs.

Why should the ugly, emotionally crippled, or mentally impaired be expected to work their asses off just to get the scraps left over? Why should they be expected to?

This board is ultimately a good thing. At least it's an outlet, even if it's not an overtly positive one.
>>
>>34402210
>improving yourself

It is as vague as you could possibly express it.

>>34402216

You only think that because you have your 'I'm always correct' spectacles on. If I disagree with you it is because I am trying to avoid dealing with the truth which you expressed. Of course.
>>
>>34402007
I decide what makes me happy, not you.
>>
>>34402007
I value the pursuit of truth above all else, even my own happiness. I think access to the full range of the human experience is more important to me than just being happy and that's why I keep coming to the place I suffer.
>>
>>34402225

I understand your mentality perfectly because I have had that same opinion before.

You are so focused on the Chad/Stacy life that you don't realise you can have something of your own, that is maybe, not as good, but still pretty good.

You're not automatically relegated to shit town just because you're not Chad.
>>
>>34402225

Just becuase you weren't given amazing genes doesn't mean you suck or should be down and sad. Just gotta play with the cards you have. Some people in life get it all set in life while others don't but still work hard enough to accomplish goals and improve. Who said you HAVE get the leftovers? Like I said, this board complains too much and is a crab in the bucket mentality.

You can stay a poor ugly virgin or you can change it.
>>
>>34402264

But then you'll be forever sad. Might as well off yourself. The truth is that your life will be suffering and then it will end and that's it. The only way to avoid suffering is to delude yourself and find meaningless pleasure in the small joys that life offers.
>>
>>34402247
>going from lard ass to some shred of fitness
>improving oneself

>going to college to earn a marketable degree to earn more money and live a more comfortable existence
>improving oneself

>going out and getting a better haircut that compliments ones facial features better
>small and petty, but improving oneself

>following a desired interest such as art or philosophy
>improving oneself

>working towards a goal that one always wished to do such as traveling
>improving oneself.

All of these are improvements in life as one is now more advanced, (hopefully) intelligent, skilled, attractive, etc after following them, hence the term improvement.

I could go on you fucking autist. Why does everything have to be spelled our for you? What one person's definition of improvement in their life is will be vastly different from mine or the next poster.
>>
>>34402287
My level of happiness isn't linked to the desire to live, suffering isn't an excuse to end my experience.

Lack of pleasure isn't a reason to die.
>>
>>34402267

Yes, in the end just work with the cards you have and be smart about it.

Don't be too ambitious. Realise your limitations. And don't try to be someone that you're not. Don't by into that cancerous "you can do it" mentality that stems off retarded American optimism. Realise what you cannot do, stay clear of that path and be happy otherwise.
>>
>>34402192
You can't go back, though. You can never go back. It'll never be the way it was before.
>>
>>34402293
>All of these are improvements in life

All those are classic examples of vanity, except for

>>following a desired interest such as art or philosophy

which doesn't come from a desire to 'improve oneself'
>>
>>34402247

The way you sound just answers my question on why you're still a virgin. Have fun with your depressed poor life.
>>
>>34402309

I KNOW :(

It's why one needs to have realistic ambitions.
>>
>>34402330
You aren't helping yourself against his case when you instantly reduce him to a tidy stereotype for yourself and then proceed to shotgun insults at him based on sexual value, for some reason.
>>
>>34402265
>>34402267

Of course not, but it isn't worth it. That's sorta the whole point of most of the threads on this board.

Sure these faggots could work their asses off get assistant manager at Wendy's and get a gf, but is it worth it?

Probably not, honestly. Sure a lot of these threads are blind hatred, trying to convince themselves that they don't want something they crave. However, the lives Chads/Staceys have isn't terribly glamorous, and is almost as flawed as sitting in the dark posting on this shithole. Slow crushing depression vs the highest highs and the lowest of lows. Like when you find out that the person you trusted most in life betrayed you, and all it took was a pint of liquid and a handful of words.

Saying go fix yourself begs the following question. Are the losers on this board really any less happy overall than the Chads and Staceys that they so envy?
>>
>>34402303

You guys here really don't have a chance in life. Wow.
>>
>>34402330
Your desire to devalue others is directly linked to the process you describe in the OP.

You will continue to struggle perpetually, much like the hungry ghost of chinese mythology, never having enough.
>>
>>34402312
>>34402312
How is earning more money to move out of, say a dangerous ghetto, vanity? Its a desire for safety. You know what else more money give you? Financial security. No longer do you have to worry about if you will be able to have access to healthy nutritious food or not, something you probably have no idea how it feels, living in your parents basement with all needs taken care of.

How is reducing the buildup of fat in your veins so that you live longer and don't die of a horrible disease vanity?

How is traveling to understand the ideals, philosophies and culture of another society vein?

You didn't even read it, you are just eager to attack and start a /hugeinternetfight/
>>
>>34402345

>Are the losers on this board really any less happy overall than the Chads and Staceys that they so envy?

As a former NEET I can say, yes, definitely, without question.

>but it isn't worth it.

Yes.
>>
>>34402007
>>you are content as long as you are "good enough" compared to your surroundings
Everyone of my friends and many of my family members has managed to accomplish incredible things. Even without, the internet, I would still look like shit.

My dreams are dead, and they're buried under a mountain of debt and incompetence.
>>
>>34402349

All I'm saying is don't be too ambitious.

It's a life lesson that is never taught to anyone because it goes counter to our culture but everyone ends up learning this very fundamental lesson.
>>
>>34402267
> You can stay a poor ugly virgin or you can change it. Not really true desu. You can't change your genetics, but I get your point. Problem is a majority of us are in too deep. Why should we have to work 10 times as hard for half the reward? Positivity is a delusional lie at best.
>>
>>34402354
>How is earning more money to move out of, say a dangerous ghetto, vanity?

Then it isn't about earning money as an achievement. For its own sake.

>How is reducing the buildup of fat in your veins so that you live longer and don't die of a horrible disease vanity?

Again it about the reason why you do it. Is it to look better?

>How is traveling to understand the ideals, philosophies and culture of another society vein?

It doesn't help you at all with that. It is just a sensory experience. I mean if you travel to some remote village to understand first hand what it is like to live there sure, but most people just travel to 'immerse themselves'.

>You didn't even read it, you are just eager to attack and start a /hugeinternetfight/

No I am attacking the principle behind your post. Which is: you should accomplish things out of lust for gratification.
>>
>>34402081
>better themselves xDDDD

epic
>>
>>34402367
My ambitions are the only thing preventing me from suicide. It's either let my failures drive me to madness later or give up right now.
>>
>>34402419

Eh people might have different ways of coping, I guess.

In my case my ambitions led to depression that ultimately hurt my success. I could be more success if I were less ambitious.
>>
>>34402293
None of these things grant you happiness.

T.Someone who has them all, the only thing that almst hits the amrk among those you've listed is:

>following a desired interest such as art or philosophy

I don't criticize robots for bein unhappy, I criticize them for dividing everyone in two dumb cathegories "normies" and "robots", in reality things are much more complex and there's a shit ton of unhappy people with jobs and families, in most cases people on this board are more aware and don't even strive for such things seeing they will be unhappy with them.

Remember that behind ever man's actions there are his ideas and beliefs, without them men would act irrationally and randomly like an animal or worse.
>>
>>34402440
My dreams are well out of my reach, but my life would be meaningless without them. Knowing that had left me in a less than desirable state, but it at least allows me to continue my existence.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.