[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who else has seen the light and only supports consumption taxes?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1473637370758.jpg (230KB, 1676x1298px) Image search: [Google]
1473637370758.jpg
230KB, 1676x1298px
who else has seen the light and only supports consumption taxes?

>ensure that the actual consumption of resources is punished instead of the work of other people
>no bureaucracy at all, minimal state is possible
>100% no discrimination
>completely passive and hence not disincentive warping in weird did-not-see-that-coming ways
>can set policies to almost not tax foodstuff and go all out on shit luxury crap nobody really needs because hey, no other taxes

>BUT oh noes the poor will be disproportionately affected when buying their sixpacks and 20 packages of cigarettes a month instead of food
>>
>>34396131

I wanna see this, buy with car insurance, cigs, beer, local schools and college
>>
>>34396131
>>>"It's only okay for corporations to fuck me in the ass!"
The only problem with taxes is what they're being used for.
When it comes to taxes, if we eliminate corruption from bureaucracy we have nothing to worry about and we're a lot better off. Pooling our money together for investments and societal upkeep/welfare is demonstrably better for the health of the economy than allowing the free-market to. Yes, all of us--coercion is sometimes necessary.
>the work of other people
>>>Implying renting out the means of production, which you own, to employees who work for you then rationing a part of their own work to them is not a tax on the work of other people
>no bureaucracy
>minarchist state
>>>pick one
I'm not even sure if a minarchist state is even viable in practice.
Megacorps like Sony make more money annually than the GDP of some first world countries. Imagine if companies like that decided to funded a coupe of your hypothetical minarchist state, succeeded, and enstated a dictatorship.
Would be mighty e z.
>no discrimination
>quasi-AnCap state
>>>pick one
>no coercion
>>>how you gonna collect taxes?
>demonizing luxury crap
What, exactly, do you deem to be 'luxury crap?'
Nearly everything at one point was seen as luxury crap.
>>>Implying market competition doesn't lead to research and development, sometimes state subsidized, and economies of scale of in-demand luxury crap doesn't turn luxury crap into dirt-cheap crap--the joys of living in a non-zero sum world
>>"hurr im not da poor look a mee ford F-150 tupid materialism did you buy bro elon musk so cool drumps"
You are a walking meme, you know that.
>>
e.g. landed gentry
>>
>>34396993
*is viable

>>34396131
Point is, taxes are a good thing when we use them for the right things.
Imagine if we spent a years worth of taxes on cheap food-sources for the poor or cancer research? We'd probably do a lot better than shecklestine corp. investing into research and development of how to make cigs and beer appealing to kids.

I agree with Trump on some things but going lax on corporate taxes--in the age of AI and unheard of levels of economic inequality--is just misguided of him imo.
>>
regressive as fuck
>>
>>34396131

Trump has never fully read the Art of the Deal that his ghostwriter wrote.
>>
>>34396131
>only supports consumption taxes?
Only if kids are taken away from their parents at birth and given the same education all over the country no matter how poor/rich their parents were.
>>
>>34396131
That seems like it would affect people's spending habits in ways that we wouldn't be able to predict at first. Like they start hoarding their money and then the government wouldn't have shit to fix schools/infrastructure/whatever our tax money is being spent on currently. ..and then if everyone is hoarding their money the value of it would depreciate even faster and fuck over people who don't have their money invested since there will be no growth on that shit.
>>
>>34396993
>You are a walking meme, you know that.

yeah I know I'm just drunk and marvel again at how some things can be so beautiful and inherently appealing to the human mind for no real reason and also contain a mighty grain of truth, still manage to turn out so shitty when actually thought through.

OP pic was also a grandma reading out of storybook in case nobody noticed
>>
>>34396131
Another issue with consumption tax is that it's invisible to the consumer. They keep quiet on how much they tax goods so buyers get fucked in the ass with a 20% tax on everything they buy
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.