[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to learn drawing >get pissed and hate myself for being

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

>try to learn drawing
>get pissed and hate myself for being so awful at it, can barely draw a straight line

>try to learn an instrument
>couldn't even learn a song in a month without constantly fumbling and playing the wrong notes

>try to learn programming
>go through a python book barely understanding or remembering how to do shit

>try to study harder in school
>still get low marks and get called a literal retard by my teachers, end up dropping up out high school

>play video games
>suck so hard at them despite wasting my entire youth on video games

I've come to the realization recently that I'm among the most worthless human beings in the entire world. I don't excel at anything, I fail at every single fucking thing that I attempt. The thoughts of suicide are at an all-time high, I cannot stand this feeling of self-loathing anymore. I fucking hate myself, I hate the fact that I was born a pathetic failure, I hate the fact that everyone is smarter than me, more creative than me, more successful than me. I get extremely jealous when I see someone who's good at drawing or good at producing music, I feel inferior to everyone around me and I can't escape the thoughts no matter what.

I can't take this shit anymore, I don't think I can stomach waking up in 2018 and realizing that yet another year has passed where I didn't achieve anything because I'm too fucking retarded to do anything, too slow and low intellect to even hold minimum wage job for more than a month. I hate myself, I really hate myself and I need to fucking die.
>>
File: 1483593422618.jpg (56KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
1483593422618.jpg
56KB, 600x448px
>>34391534
>needing to do any of that
Stop conforming to what other people do or tell you do to.

Do what makes you happy anon. Fuck the rest.
In the end all those smart successful people will be same as you, a rotting pile of bones in the ground. Anything they have learned, or done, any possessions or money they have amassed will be meaningless.

Figure out what you need to do in life to be content.
>>
>>34391534
no-one who's good at those things was born that way. All it takes is practice and hard work. That's it, that's all it takes. If you really want to be good at something you gotta work for it.
>>
>>34391534
Post a means of contact, I want to talk with you. I can relate to a lot of those.
>>
File: 1484258195287.jpg (189KB, 669x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484258195287.jpg
189KB, 669x900px
>>34391534
Oh wow, I've tried the exact same things and failed too.

Being successful at any of those would make me happy but I don't really know how, I just keep on bashing my head against the wall hoping I'll get a different outcome but years have already passed and the result is always terrible by all standards.
>>
Been getting back into guitar a lot this year. I dont feel like im very good though. I usually just play covers of songs i know, and post them on facebook. This is something i thought of/improvised

https://youtu.be/zrVCTDdjdwY
>>
>>34391534
How long have you been practicing drawing ?
Also post info , I've been there man
>>
>>34391534
Anon do you want me to help you with drawing? I know it can be hard and I am sort of a beginner myself but I am also a NEET and waste a lot of time.
I wouldn't mind doing my hardest to teach you all I know and answering to every question.
>>
>>34391704
>implying
Fuck, I've seen a 15 year old girl draw expertly crafted drawings while my own artistic talent is stuck at a 10 year olds level, never getting better even as I get older.
How do you explain that, m8? Mind you she also got top grades on practically every subject out there that was being taugh to her.
This shit is what I saw when I was 15 myself and it still makes me wonder, how does a person realistically even come even close to that at such a young age. Then again I'm not getting the full picture as she was a transfer student, I don't know anything about her past, background or anything of the sort.
>>
File: 1483748262233.png (90KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
1483748262233.png
90KB, 246x246px
>>34391712
>>34392468
>>34392562
I'll be fine. I needed to get some shit off my chest, thanks for the offers though. I'm just glad someone replied.

I just find it difficult to enjoy doing things if I'm not seeing progress, and it kills me to realize that I've spent months doing something without seeing any notable improvements, it makes me feel like a complete retard.

I'm sure my lack of confidence is a factor, but it's not exactly easy to conjure self-respect out of thin air, as I've never had anything to be proud of or feel accomplished about.
>>
>>34392828
Alright then... Also
>>34392648
Did you talk to them? Most of those people DID "practice" when they were very young, with or without knowing it, they were grinding on observational skill and dexterity. Talent is barely a thing and you know it, it is more about being passionate and autistically drawing all day when you are young, but you will never be good at constructing your own drawings without taking studying and understanding what it is that you are doing at some point.

It may be that she just stumbled upon video tutorials of tumblrinas drawing anime at 12, when she had the drawing skills of a 12 years old instead of a 10, like you, and started taking it seriously.

3 years is enough to get good at drawing anon, she did it then, you can do it now. Age does not matter unless you believe in neuroplasticity meme, and even then we're talking 25. Drawing is also something with which you won't see improvment in 2 months.
>>
>>34392956
Eh, I was a dumb teenager at that point. Wasn't even looking at this girl the same way I am looking now. Anyway, you are most likely right about the practice bit.

On the topic of drawing, how do I even get started? I'm too retarded and lack the patience for loomis and I'm not aware of any other points of entry when it comes to getting drawing skills.
>>
>>34393076
Got any contact info? origami
>>
>>34391534
Congratulations, not only do you have no talent but you also have no willpower to improve yourself at all.

t. Taught myself piano and could barely play a kids piece for 1.5yrs
>>
>>34393172
Nope. Nothing I'd give out freely to random strangers on the internet anyway.
>>
>>34393076
Ctrlpaint.com
Drawabox.com
Proko's youtube channel.
Sycra's youtube channel.
Jazza's youtube channel.
Loomis's books
Drawing on the right side of the brain
Keys to drawing

There are a crap ton of resources to learn how to draw on your own these days. Way more than what you would have been able to get in the past.

What's most important is that you draw. Drawabox.com is one of my favorites because YOU HAVE TO DRAW. Tutorials won't make you a good artist. Drawing will make you a good artist.

Make a crap ton of copies of other people's stuff (no one needs to know)
Draw in as much of your spare time as you can. It's easier once you like it. It took me 3 years from my first drawing to like it. I made my first serious drawing at 19. And I gave up several times in there. I wouldn't draw for months. Then I'd draw for longer than I did the last time. Then longer after that. Eventually I just didn't stop drawing.

I would post my first stuff compared to my most recent stuff (there was a huge improvement, believe me) but most of my stuff goes to my online presence as an artist these days.
>>
>>34393289
Okay then... I as a random stranger on the internet will try to help you anyway.

I think the most important part of getting into drawing as a beginner is the mindset. You cannot have "it's just a hobby" at the back of your mind as an excuse the procastinate. This is because even if it is just a hobby you must work like a professional at the start to reach a mid-point where improvement is visible.
But in order to do this you need motivation. It seems like you tried a whole lot of activities but perhaps had no real interest in either, hence why you tried halfheartedly and gave up after a few months. Try looking at some art you like, art you find interesting for whatever reason and maybe want to emulate. Think about what you would do with your skills once you reach your ideal point.

Second most important thing is having a schedule, you can't draw 30 minutes a week and expect to see improvement. However this can be pretty hard if you are working and don't have too much leisure time, or have an erratic schedule as a NEET. You must dedicate half an hour at first, maybe more, maybe less, whatever you feel comfortable with at first, and only draw during that period of time. Do this everyday and it will stick.

As for what you should study, going to /ic/ might be better for this. They have a nice sticky made for beginners and also a thread for them.

Hope this helpes, cheers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Al7QAS89s
>>
File: 1483820255606.jpg (133KB, 840x700px) Image search: [Google]
1483820255606.jpg
133KB, 840x700px
>>34393500
OP here, do you have any advice on how to not get frustrated with yourself? I always get pissed at my own mistakes and get depressed, it's detrimental to my progress.
>>
>>34393582
No. If your goal is to get better at art, that means you're not happy with your current art abilities. So you will think your art is crap. The only way around this is to draw more.
>>
>>34391534
Drawing, instruments, and programming are pretty hard to get good at anon. People also learn differently. I'd say to first try and figure out whats the best learning style for you. There should be lots of resources online to help you figure that out. Some people improve more when it comes to being tactile. Others visual in the sense of demonstration, visualizing lessons and the practice in your head, and laying out certain keys for yourself to make you fall back on certain instruction. Another would be auditory where you remember things better vocally and by communication. Every person is a combination of the three, but usually one to two of those places lay their heightened learning sense.

This should also give you an idea of how to study better.

I'm on my first week of drawing personally. My drawing has seen incredible improvements to my surprise but I'm an auditory and tactile learner.

I spent around 30 hours in my first five days alone listening to artist on youtube, watching their tips and tutorial videos, and ect. I also draw 4 hours each day, and drawing is extremely tactile. Its a good fit.

Don't give up anon, the starting points always the hardest.
>>
>>34393582

>>34393621
Isn't me but he is right. You won't see improvement during your first months, let alone if you slack off, so you will naturally get frustrated.
For me just knowing that it gets better if you put in effort is enough.
>>
>>34393662
Thanks for the advice. Could you link any good youtube channels you found helpful?
>>
>>34393418
I was aware of almost all of the things you're pointing me towards, except for the you tube channels and Keys to drawing. I'm also aware of the fact that this is one of those things which you have to keep practicing. That being said, how do you tolerate it when you make barely any progress, if any at all when starting out? Just seems impossible to get anywhere when you don't make any noteworthy progress in any short period of time.

>>34393500
I completely agree about the mindset/motivation. Time isn't really an issue, just need something to push me. On the subject of time, how do I stop myself from expecting instant improvement in skill? I tent to repeat mistakes as well, so that doesn't help either. I start doing something, (EG: loomis) find out I can't do it right since the outcome turns into something that can't be easily fixed, then proceed to give up.
>>
>>34393768
You probably should not have done Loomis as a complete beginner to begin with... Keys to Drawing is a much better option for now as the other anon mentioned.

On the progress thing, try looking at art you admire when you feel down, and realize that those people were not born with the "talent". Maybe they were good when they were young, but at some point they started drawing a lot everyday, to get where they are now, they're also probably older than you, if not, they will peak at a certain age anyway like... Sycra. The most progress comes after you start getting good with the fundamentals of drawing anyway, and that shouldn't take too long.

I don't see how this wouldn't help, sure, there are 15 years old that are somewhat good, but they are not the big ones, the ones whose work you look at and it clicks something within you. Thinking that the artists I look up to were all a beginner sometime helped for me.
>>
>>34393760
http://pastebin.com/1A5TiGXH

I had a few more sources but I couldn't find them, sorry anon.

>>34393951
I'd recommend this book too.
>>
>>34393760
http://pastebin.com/p4HLZazk
>>
>>34394038
>>34394121
thank you so much, you're the best.
>>
>>34393951
Loomis seemed to be the go-to thing for when most people on this site advise other on how to draw.

Now if only I had an actual piece of art I had appreciation for. Landscape/drawing from real life is a bit boring. Abstract art seems more interesting, but then again a lot of "modern" art can be classified as abstract. All I can say is I'm a sucker for "flashy" things, which abstract art can be.

As for the 15 year old girl. Now that I think about, maybe I was just being very impresionable (being 15 at the time as well) since she could do some descent shading/lighting while I couldn't even even understand how to start using them myself. Hell, I couldn't even do real life drawings without the output looking like ass.
>>
File: 1483812075944.jpg (227KB, 850x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1483812075944.jpg
227KB, 850x1360px
OP here again, just wanna say thanks for the replies and resources. I feel a bit better now and more motivated to try drawing again. I didn't expect so many helpful replies, so I'm truly grateful.
>>
>>34394238
If you like abstract art just get high and draw whatever lol.

Maybe read a few webcomics or browse some deviatart/tumblr tags you like for quality art to get motivated and hopefully an artist you aspire to get to the level of.
>>
>>34394432
>just get high and draw whatever lol
Look at this norman and his easy access to psychedelics.
>>
>>34393768
You don't tolerate it. You can't tolerate it. You just keep doing it and it sucks. There is no easy way.
>>
>>34393768
You don't tolerate it. You can't tolerate it. You just keep doing it and it sucks. There is no easy way.

Original post is original
>>
File: 1457263232752.jpg (85KB, 473x631px) Image search: [Google]
1457263232752.jpg
85KB, 473x631px
>>34394698
>>34394725
Fuck
Also, originisimo
>>
>>34394698
>>34394725
Wow I really suck

Original post
>>
>used to do all of these things
>drug and alcohol abuse has now ruined my ability to do any

it is not better to have loved and lost
>>
>>34391534
You haven't found a niche yet.

I'm in the exact same bucket as you.

Worst feeling ever.

To make yourself feel less like shit:

>Work out. If you're going to be worthless at least have a godly body while doing it
>Be rich. You basically enslave people if you need to.
>Get gf
>>
>want to learn piano
>don't have any piano like items in my house
>can't afford a piano like item
>>
>>34394522
Don't sleep for a few days and draw whatever if you can't get drugs.
>>
>>34395720
I feel you. I've got a couple of hundred quid in the bank. If I can triple that I'm going to get a Kawai ES110 and start playing.
>>
>>34395720
you can probably find old cheap synths for $20 on craigslist

shit, i have one and i'd give the hunk of shit away for free
>>
>>34393418
Bruv I'm really dieing inside lately
I'd love to see a before and after that could lift my spirits
>>
>>34392433
I like your video setup. I can see you playing but not enough to identify you, nice idea.

Also, cut the excess off your fucking strings.
>>
>>34396852
This is what you do these days.
Try being experimental. Anyone can play piano, but not everyone can make something their own.
>>
>>34395720
if you live in northeast USA I'll sell you my digital piano for 250
>>
>>34398274
wrong continent
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.