[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Wanna pull my 22 year old self out of this hole i've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1483743989588.jpg (83KB, 720x699px)
1483743989588.jpg
83KB, 720x699px
>Wanna pull my 22 year old self out of this hole i've sunken in
>Appply for jobs
>Never get call backs or even considered in the slightest

And these are very simple jobs too. I really fucking hate this.
>>
>>34391328

I can relate to this. I got out of this by working as a temporary worker until one of the places hired me.

May I infer that you've some diploma and are afraid/angry to lower your standard to level entry posts?
> basically shooting your beginning career in the knee while Chad is on a 3 year-ride at General Electric, making connections and building his resume
>>
>>34391385
No I don't have a diploma i'm going to school for one. I've been shooting for some pretty low tier jobs such as Pizza Hut waiter.

I've also thought about doing what you said you did, however I can't find a place that is hiring interns or anything of the sort. I'd gladly work for nothing if it meant I got references and shit.
>>
Know that feel OP, and even if I get hired somewhere I know i'll just get fired in like a month due to not being able to act like a normie anyway. Seriously considering pulling an hero.
>>
>>34391328
same boat and I have an engineering degree. I plan on killing myself if I can't find engineer work in a year. a year gap outside your field is essentially career death
>>
>>34392719
Damn. It's insane for you guys. Yall actually have degrees.
>>
>>34391328
I just got a call for an interview for the first time in months, and I sperged out and didn't answer.

I don't think some people were meant to work.
>>
if you live in america apply for job corp

its a work program, that pays you to learn a useful skill, you live on campus and learn practical social skills while also becoming independent and escaping the shithole you currently live in
>>
>>34392744
yeah, cheap gas comes at a price. the oil industry is engineering's biggest customer. now that oil is 50$/barrel, it's not profitable to start new projects. no new projects means no need for engineers. I'm fucked until the price of oil goes back up. and even well after that. when I started school back in 2013, most of us graduated with two OFFERS at 70k $/yr. now we're clamoring to get entry level shit work unrelated to our education. kill me
>>
>>34392952
I thought about this, but the ones in my area is like a prison. Filled with bad kids
>>
>Go to college
>Graduate at 22
>Get first job as night shift at drug rehab center
>Horrendous job full of whiny faggots who get everything for free
>Decide to get different job
>No one hires
>Go to hiring agency for help
>They help craft an excellent resume
>They send it out to their resources
>No replies back
>"Anon, we don't know what the problem is. Your resume looks good."
>Get a response for another drug rehab center offering more money and better benefits.
>Go there
>Same shit
>Clinical position becomes open
>Take it
>Same shit, just another soul crushing day
>Get several credentials during this time including getting a master's degree
>Can't take this whiney bullshit from addicts and the staff drama (majority of the people hired in rehabs are women that hardly do anything--it's always the 1 male per 20 female staff members that does all the work for less money)
>go to a different hiring agency
>they update my resume
>say it looks excellent
>sends it out to many places
>ZERO FUCKING RESPONSES BACK
>"I don't know what the problem is, Anon. Your resume and credentials look perfect!"
Fuck the world. I'm stuck in this same job for 8 years now and it pisses me off how these bitches get free everything just for getting high and popping out children while I work my ass off.
>>
>>34391328
it's just modern job hunting I guess, 25 and I've never come across jobs easy, expected way better considering my parents and granparents were able to get jobs as teenagers in school but that was in another life I guess
>>
>>34393281
So you are blaming people with a really fucked life for your trouble finding a job? Why not blaming companies for not hiring you?
>>
>>34393620
we are living in the nuclear winter left behind by the eternal boomer. get used to the new feudalism, my friend
>>
>Spain
>Over 50% unemployment among people from 18 to 30

My first job lasted for a year, and basically I got it because the town hall wanted to hire people to give them professional experience

My second job lasted two months and had to quite because our company was ripping us off and my co-workers wanted to impress the company by stomping on everyone else.

If at least I had more experiences or real skills I could sell, I could stop feeling so hopeless with my future.

Not to mention if you want to start a business here, you have to pay 250 euros each month even if your income is zero.
>>
>>34391900
>I'd gladly work for nothing if it meant I got references and shit.

What the fuck is with this cuck mentality these days?

I have no degrees beyond some random courses I took after high school and I get job offers all the time.

My problem is that I keep turning them down because I don't want full time work, I only want temporary contracts so that I can focus on my business.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.