[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a job interview tomorrow Looking up "personal strengths

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1462798941634.png (205KB, 630x950px) Image search: [Google]
1462798941634.png
205KB, 630x950px
Got a job interview tomorrow

Looking up "personal strengths and weaknesses" right now

How are you supposed to say that shit with a straight face? "My weakness is that I'm always too ambitious" "I'm always too punctual?"
Who is going to fucking believe this

Did stuff like that come up in job interviews for you? What did you answer?
>>
What do I do if I have no work experience or references, but want a job? My only skill is that I can type 90 words per minute.
>>
>>34388765
The whole thing with the weakness and strength questions isn't to actually listen what your strengths and weaknesses are, the interviewer is studying how you answer the questions as your actual weakness and strengths. Take that as you will
>>
>>34388765
"too ambitious" sounds bad. Are you gonna quit the moment you get a better job? Are you gonna constantly badmouth your coworkers to get ahead?

"too punctual" is obviously avoiding the question, and they'll either call you out on it, or note that you don't follow directions.
>>
>>34388785
Depends on how old you are I guess

If you're fresh off school you can apply literally anywhere that only needs that level of education

If you're older and haven't worked/studied or been a neet I would say start with some stuff literally everyone can do like working as a cashier and then continue applying elsewhere after a while
>>
>>34388765
Give actual weaknesses you fuck.
>>
I have an interview as a dishwasher friday, should be pretty easy
>>
>>34388976
Okay

I despise most people around me
I'm a clumsy retard
>>
File: 1484009503290.jpg (143KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484009503290.jpg
143KB, 1080x1080px
>>34388765
Hot Asian girls!!!
>>
>>34389037
>"Sometimes I tend to focus too much on the job and forget to maintain relationships with my coworkers."
>>
>>34388765
The strategy is to give realistic weaknesses that are not detrimental to doing the job itself. It can be that you don't talk much for example, seeing that people often see being quiet as a negative thing.

And always mention that you realize this is a weakness of yours and that you're trying to take steps to fix this. Also be prepared to explain how you're going to fix it.
>>
The point of the "biggest weakness" question is to see if you are self-aware. So it's good to be honest, but also throw in some steps you are taking to fix it. Don't say you're too ambitious or anything super cheesy like that. Maybe give an example of a time this weakness was affecting you, and talk about how you overcame it. Maybe difficulty multitasking, or communicating complex ideas easily. You also don't want the weakness to be something so huge it seems like you wouldn't excel at the job
>>
I have a bad concept of priority and tend to overthink and spend more work than needed on simple tasks.

Also i ask many questions in order to actually understand how to be as efficient and specific as possible.

Is that a valid answer or a red flag for an employer?
>>
>>34388937
Do you mean like if some folk says, "W-well ya see, I'm too ambitious." he'd be fucked?
>>
>>34389222
I would say it's valid, but watch out how you phrase your sentences.

Words like "bad" and "overthink" are trigger words to a lot of people, which may lead them to think more negatively about it than they would initially.

If you phrase it like:
>I tend to put more focus on smaller tasks than needed.

It sounds less negative, which can help a lot. So try to think about that when preparing.
>>
>>34389492
This

It's funny how certain mentioned words can easily stick to a person, even if they used them in a completely different way

Also a thing to note when defending people or someone on the Internet
>>
File: bee urself.png (39KB, 914x1091px) Image search: [Google]
bee urself.png
39KB, 914x1091px
>>34388765
Remember to just bee yourself and not lie during the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbV_Q2sfIpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULqAIbjCsXE
>>
>>34388765
It's to see if you are willing to play their game.
It's to check if the system managed to brainwash you sufficiently.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.