[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw can't cure my severe OCD/anxiety using pure empirical

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 0JsdbP.jpg (48KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
0JsdbP.jpg
48KB, 800x600px
>tfw can't cure my severe OCD/anxiety using pure empirical logic
I'm going insane because I just can't fucking accept the uncertainty.
>>
>>34385224
In a period lasting a few years in my teens, I showered 3 hours a day to ''stay pure''.
Then one day sweet nihilism kicked in like someone flipped a switch, and I stopped caring about anything and everything.

Nothing matters, OP. You're gonna die, everything you worked for will turn to dust, and it won't be remembered.
>>
>>34385396
You don't know that. And you're not the supreme authority on anything.
>>
>>34385396
How do I channel my nihilism into not being autistic without making everyone hate me?
>>
>>34385478
What are you, an idiot or something? Time outlasts everything. It doesn't matter how much you accomplish you will inevitably be forgotten.
>>
>>34385512
He still wants to enjoy some of it though and pretty sure most people think this way desu
>>
>>34385478
>you're not the supreme authority on anything.
I never said that.
>You don't know that.
Yes I do.
And you do too.
>>
>>34385487
You can't. It's about not caring about it.
>>
>>34385396
My anxiety's become pervasive to a point where I no longer fear events or occurrences, but rather concepts and ideas. For example, I fear the probability of my mind being read.
>>
>>34385977
So what if it is desu? Have fun with it.
>>
Remember that the worst thing that can happen to you is torture, or suicide
>>
>>34386023
It's still very inhibiting. For example if I'm doing something and suddenly get the thought "holy shit, what if my mind is being read" then it's hard to disengage myself from that fear. I can't just roll with it.
>>
>>34385487
Employ rhetorical methods on ppl
>>
>>34386066
Have you tried.
>not implying I have any knownledgde on what it's like
''Stop caring'' is really the only advise I'm bringing to this thread.
>>
File: IMG_0454.jpg (211KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0454.jpg
211KB, 470x595px
>>34386066
>mfw your mind is being read right now and you don't even know it.
>>
>>34385224
You can't cure a cold with empirical logic either, depression is a chemical imbalance the fact that you havent grasped that means you arent as smart as you want to be.
>>
>>34386183
Depression and OCD are entirely different entities. This thread is discussing the latter, so if you can't relate to that uneasy feeling of uncertainty, then you don't belong ITT.
>>
>>34386223
are there physical or chemical brain differences in people with anxiety/OCD?

>Studies of OCD and related disorders showed that OCD is caused by damage to a specific part of the brain called the basal ganglia. Thus, OCD is a biological disorder, rather than a "mental problem." Interestingly, researchers bolstered the notion that the basal ganglia causes OCD when they linked the onset of OCD symptoms to several events, including: bacterial infections, hypoxia (lack of oxygen to the brain) and neurotoxic agents. A common element of these events is that they all damage portions of the basal ganglia. From these findings, scientists proposed that any damage to the basal ganglia might result in the onset of OCD symptoms. The significance of identifying the basal ganglia is that it shows that physical damage to a brain structure results in a neuropsychological (mental/emotional) condition.
>>
>>34386066
this is called paranoid ideation. it's not just anxiety you're dealing with.
still don't see what the problem is with people knowing what you think
do you think "evil thoughts"? or what? mentally masturbate all the time?
>>
>>34385512
>Time outlasts everything
uhm but thats simply not true
>>
>>34385512

Everything goes into oblivion at the end.
Having said that, I still believe life matters.
>>
>>34386529
>having beliefs that you are being harassed or persecuted
Except I don't believe it, I just fear the prospect of it.
>>
>>34386865
because, what? what bad thing will happen to you if someone other than you finds out what you think?
>>
>>34386891
It would be easier to explain if you understood the precedent to my situation. Before fearing this, I feared solipsism, being the only person to truly exist. Before that, I feared humiliation and death. This current fear I have is ultimately no different than either of these. It's just entertaining the notion of it that really uneases me.
>>
>>34386584
What lasts longer then? Time never ends, it just keeps going.
>>
>>34386972
this is going to sound odd to you, but are you sure you're not rationalizing your fear?
I mean, are you sure you're not just dressing up in ideas a bout of fear that doesn't actually have any meaning whatsoever?
related question: do you get triggered by anything in particular?
>>
>>34387065
Infinity does not compute.
>>
>>34387184
does too, just in infinite time
>>
>>34387204
That sounds like just one action, being performed over and over.
Maybe that's what time is.
>>
>>34387173
>this is going to sound odd to you, but are you sure you're not rationalizing your fear?
>I mean, are you sure you're not just dressing up in ideas a bout of fear that doesn't actually have any meaning whatsoever?
I'm still having trouble understanding what you're asking.

Like, are you saying perhaps I don't actually fear the things I do, and instead there's this ubiquitous, generalized "fear" that needs to be addressed? Because if so, yes, I have thought that might be the case many times.
>>
>>34387313
well yes, that's what I was asking
so, does anything in particular trigger the bouts of fear? as far as you can tell?
>>
>>34387364
At this point, just being awake is a trigger. I don't remember the last hour period where I was free from the anxiety.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 281x179px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 281x179px
>>34387415
You know what I think?
Maybe you should stop being a little bitch.
>>
>>34387510
goes both ways animefriend
>>
>>34387592
+1 respectt
>>
>>34386066

On your first post you claim to be logical and then say

>what if people are reading my mind

if you were logical, youd know thats not possible.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.