[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say I have infinite time. What steps should I take

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 2.jpg (213KB, 1280x1812px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
213KB, 1280x1812px
Let's say I have infinite time.

What steps should I take to become a doujinshi artist? How do I go about learning to draw? How do I go about learning Japanese? Any advice others have for me in general?

I am 19 years old. I am also going to sleep now so hopefully this thread is filled with useful advice by the time I wake up
>>
>>34379474
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+learn+Kanji

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Pimsleur+Japanese

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+draw+manga

You're welcome
>>
>>34379720
Do you remember the name of the Western hentai artist who made the one really famous series

About the girl who becomes a crack addict or something and a prostitute and then gets pregnant and then dies
>>
>>34379795
>western
You fell for the meme, anon
>>
>>34379858
No no

This is a guy from new York

Who MOVED to Japan and joined some hentai group or something

It is hentai, but he is Western

He's made a very prolific work of hentai manga, I believe it's called destruction or some shit like that
>>
>>34379890
Sounds like shindol now fuck off weeb
>>
>>34379474
laiier?
>>
>>34379474

anime still requires you to know important things when drawing, op. like anatomy, perception and stuff

if you don't know where to start, go to /ic/ and take useful things from both the sticky and their artbook general. artbook general has approx. 6GB of drawing/art/painting scans and I myself am trying to digest it all through 2017 there's lots of theory to put into practice and keeping a constant blend of both is certain to give you improvements in your drawing career

hanging around /ic/ is up to you though, if you're comfortable with Andrew Loomis circlejerkers and people with a "not gonna make it" state of mind whilst attempting to continue to improve

best of luck, op

t. one-year experienced drawfag wannabe
>>
>>34379474
Prefacing this by saying if you have shitty discipline, don't bother dude. Drawing and learning a language are both require a lot of discipline.

>How do I go about learning to draw?
Learn anatomy before you start drawing stylised pieces. Your mangaka senpais all did this and still practice. Go to /ic/'s /beg/ thread for more about where to start from scratch, the sticky is comprehensive. You need to spend 1hr+ every day practicing. I would say 1hr isn't enough if you're a complete beginner. Remember that you're starting from scratch when there are 16y/os out there who are already leagues ahead of you.

>How do I go about learning Japanese?
Start by learning hiragana and katakana, there are flashcard programs you can download to help you with this. Go to /int/'s Japan thread, there's a doc with downloads for textbooks etc. Pick a textbook and start studying. You should also spend at least 1hr+ a day studying Japanese. Kanji is something that you can't slack on, there's ALWAYS more kanji to learn. If you study hard enough, you could possibly learn enough to read rudimentary mangas, ones aimed at kids, in half a year or so.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.