[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it possible that for $10 I can get a guaranteed, super-size

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1457149831128.jpg (31KB, 552x424px) Image search: [Google]
1457149831128.jpg
31KB, 552x424px
How is it possible that for $10 I can get a guaranteed, super-size dose of pleasure (heroin, meth, pick your poison) but even if millions upon millions of dollars are poured into the production of a film it is very possible that I will not only not feel a thing, but also become bored to tears?

Many of the proxies for pleasure that humans have come up with, ways to trick the brain into releasing those feel good neurotransmitters besides food, sex, defecation, and domination over others , are so weak in comparison to the chemical inducers of pleasure.
>>
>>34371094
Hi crack head.
>>
You get tax breaks for filming a movie though, that's better than heroin
>>
>>34371094

I think we should put a lot more money into researching recreational drugs that have minimal side effects.

Then again, it would probably be made illegal by kike western governments.
>>
File: 1475886920097.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475886920097.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>34371094
FFFUUUUUUUUCKCCKCKKCKKK YOUUUOOUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
All of what you call the "proxies" for pleasure are themselves ways of causing chemical and energy reactions in the nervous system.

Also, meth and heroin do not guarantee pleasure long term, or even short term.

Heroin can cause painful constipation, withdrawals if you can't get it, severe inebriation, vomiting, and in excess, death.

Meth can cause rage, psychosis, painful muscle tension, and painful tooth loss.

They're not some magical key to happiness. They're very dangerous drugs.
>>
>>34371163
Heroin and alcohol are also the only drugs which can cause outright death during withdrawal.
>>
What about THC or CBD?
>>
>>34371199
Of course, if you prefer them.
>>
>>34371190

Heroin withdrawal doesn't directly cause death in the same way alcohol withdrawal can. You might be confusing heroin with benzodiazepines.

But, heroin withdrawal can indirectly cause death in some people, because some people get so depressed due to their heroin withdrawal that they kill themselves.
>>
>>34371199

I think cannabis is insanely overpriced. It shouldn't be costing $10-$20 a gram.

It's an agricultural product, not that unlike hops or chamomile. It might require a little more care to get a product that is enjoyable to smoke or eat, but that doesn't justify paying 50-100 times more than for other easily grown herbs.
>>
>>34371094
Drugs are surface level pleasures. You pay $10 and feel happy for a few hours, then that's it. You used up the drug, and you don't even feel good any more.

Movies have the ability to delve into deeper levels of happiness. A good movie sticks with you forever, and for some people, watching a great movie can be life changing.

Movies are art, so they take a lot more time, money, devotion, and brainpower to make. And also, more shitty movies exist, because people didn't have enough of one or more of those four things.

Drugs are easy to make, and they don't require much brainpower to make. You just throw some chemicals together in a lab, and you're done. There's no creative aspect to it. No heart or emotion. Nobody has a passion for making drugs. They do it for the money.

All in all, movies are the higher pleasure, because people put creativity and hard work into making them as good as possible. A good movie will always be better than a good trip.
>>
>>34371125
>>Then again, it would probably be made illegal by kike western governments.
governments and religions are absolutely aghast at the prospect of people finding something they enjoy more than a shit life of working long hours, having kids, and paying taxes and tithes to their rulers.

This is also why they hate video games, by the way.
>>
>>34371357
(((They))) told me that the price was justified by the illegal nature of the drug.

Anyway, the price fits my needs. I'm not an habitual smoker.
>>
File: 1452798671090.png (29KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1452798671090.png
29KB, 645x773px
>>34371094
drugs are like a loan of happiness
eventually you're going to have to pay it back with interest

t. benzo addict
>>
>>34371486
Why would the government do this?
>>
>>34371357
That $10 can easily last you a month if you're smart about it, though.

>potentiate high with exercise and/or mangoes
>eat plenty of omega-3 rich seafood
>get high only 1-2x a week
>use a vaporizer
>>
>>34371599
>any govt ever
>concerned with the level of fulfillment and happiness of its citizens
>>
File: 1482696803707.jpg (24KB, 271x312px) Image search: [Google]
1482696803707.jpg
24KB, 271x312px
What is anything in life but seeking stimulus that generates a desirable response subjectively?

Why do we pay so much for diamonds and lobsters when they are just rocks and roaches that someone decided are luxury items deserving of high dollar?

The amount of money spent isn't as important as the amount of potential pleasure derived from the money spent. $10 of drugs provides you with more stimulus than a movie you don't care about, but there's someone out there who may derive an almost equal amount of pleasure from the movie that has no meaning to you.

How do we create meaning such that chemical induces are a less economical way to attain happiness than participating and existing in the world?

It's something that will never happen because subjectivity exists and with it millions of perspectives with myriad point/counterpoints to any subject. It won't change until we are all the same, but if we are all the same, there's no variety to experience and well end up chasing a new image of happiness that again doesn't exist. It might be impossible until we can exist as completely digitized entities capable of generating our own subjective happiness in such a way that is isolated from others and does not infringe on their subjective happiness. We are fucked until we can develop our own individual digital wonderland s where we can control every minute detail similar to a personal heaven. If we can get to that level, is there a need for other people at that point?
>>
File: xBt0owf.jpg (49KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
xBt0owf.jpg
49KB, 655x527px
>>34371094
>$10 of meth
>doing shit
????
>>
>>34371762
Tell my why I should believe that.
>>
>>34371409
Movies can be great entertainment but if you think you can find profound life changing wisdom in a movie, I've got bad news for you bud.
>>
>>34371838

What about documentaries? Those are movies and they can change your perspective on things by showing you information you didn't know before.
>>
>>34371791
We will eventually get to the level where nearly every individual it catered to and their subjective desires completely fulfilled.

Not anytime soon, however.
>>
>>34371923
>documentaries
>not just shills peddling their agendas

Don't believe me? Watch Forks Over Knives and tell me that shit isn't biased as all fuck.
>>
>>34371599
because people would much prefer to sit at home high/playing vidya than slave away for mr.shekelstein. if everyone isn't working then mr.shekelstein will have no money (his greatest prize)

Understand now?
>>
>>34371729
A gram cannot last anybody a month, you're a dumbass.
>hurr durr I bought a gram january 1st and didnt smoke it until december 31st it lasted me a year bro :)))) !
>>
>>34372548
no shit dawg 1g can last me a month

maybe u aint somkin that potent OG shit
>>
>>34372119

I never saw that one, but how is it "biased"?

Sometimes people say something that's true is the product of "bias" because they don't like the truth.
>>
>>34373025

If you were smoking/vaping/eating every day, then a gram wouldn't last you a month.

A lot of medical patients consume way more than a gram a day. Especially cancer patients, who often consume 1/4 ounce or more daily.

If you're just getting high for fun a few times a month, I can see a gram lasting that month.

But for medical patients, a gram might not even last 12 hours.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.