[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been having a thought. What's wrong with cutting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 15

I've been having a thought. What's wrong with cutting in moderation? (pic related is a bit much)

It's a lot like drugs. Cutting eases your emotional pain and gets you a bit of a a "high", but is addictive and you might overdo it to the point where it harms you.

Few people fault you for going on xanax or aphetamine(for adhd) Or even drinking temporarily if you're having a rough time. Yes it's addictive, and you always need to consider that. Yes it hurts you if you do it too much.

But cutting a little is perfectly safe, very controlled (unlike other self harm behaviors, working out too hard, BDSM/one night stands etc.). The wounds are small and dont affect your health at all, very easy to hide, the scars are barely visible close up if you dont cut deep... etc.
>>
>>34369481
You're terrible for promoting this. Please don't influence the young impressionable users of this site to cut themselves. Please delete
>>
>>34369533
That's exactly what I'm talking about. There's a huge stigma, but no arguments.

The biggest problem cutters face is the shame and extreme, overreactive concern.
>>
>>34369481
What specifically does it do?
Can't you just go jogging and run until it feels like your heart is going to explode?

Sure it's not visible, but it's pretty severe pain, and you get fit and healthy in the process.

Or possibly die of an undiagnosed congenital heart fault.

Win/win.
>>
>>34369481

I guess there is nothing wrong with it, you are free to do what you want to with your own body, what else do we truly have control over?. I guess its Just as long as you understand the consequences and lasting visual damage to your body and you dont just bleed out and die.
>>
>>34369616
>Cutting eases your emotional pain and gets you a bit of a a "high"

this is 100% true and hard to describe nearer as stated look up Excoriation disorder, there is new evidence that this shit reregulates your dopamine levels somehow (which is why psychologists get in a hissy fit whether it should be categorized as OCD-type of behaviour or sort of substance abuse or something else). it's extremely interesting
>>
File: 1482925484332.jpg (113KB, 728x690px) Image search: [Google]
1482925484332.jpg
113KB, 728x690px
>>34369481
bloodletting is generally a good thing.

I do that all the time, cause of my haemorrhoids
>>
File: 1483330067353.jpg (5KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1483330067353.jpg
5KB, 245x245px
>>34369598
>but no arguments
Anon you are CUTTING YOURSELF fucking shit. Smoke some weed or drink a beer and stop being such an edgy little bitch please.
>>
File: 2017-01-23 18.59.30.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-23 18.59.30.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>34369481
I used to cut all the time but you get sent to mental hospitals if you do it so now im an alcholaic
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (40KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
>>34369481
Fuck off. I have scars all over my thighs. I'm afraid that if I ever find a qt gf now i'll have to explain them and be embarrassed. Worse, she'll think its some kind of std and get the fug outta there

>>34369598
You should feel shame. Shame is the only thing that got me to quit. If they really didn't want the overreaction, then they would hide it better. If they don't then they want the sympathy. Not knocking the ones who do it for sympathy, they obviously need some help as well.

>There's a huge stigma, but no arguments.
>Implying causing physical, bodily harm in the face of stress is "normal"

also

>infection
>Inability to cope with emotions
>Struggle to hide wounds
>Inability to bring up your issues with someone who can actually help
>the fact that its fucking addicting and becomes your only way to cope

>>34369616
The pain isn't the same. Running can be cathartic, but it also takes some work to get to the actual pain. The pain is different.

Cutting is quick and easy pain on the cheap. The pain is more visceral.

All this is fucking weak shit anyway. Either learn to deal with your problems like a real human being or bottle them like a robot. Don't fuck your future self over for some cheap meme feeling though.

Fuck off OP
You're like those people who say, "why can't we stop shaming fat ppl, why can't everyone feel no guilt for anything ever."
>>
>>34370011
Fucking gay cunt
Wear your wounds with honour, make someone proud
>>
File: SdFuLxl.jpg (44KB, 418x646px) Image search: [Google]
SdFuLxl.jpg
44KB, 418x646px
>>34370045
>Wear your wounds with honour, make someone proud

Fuck off

Pic related is you
>>
>>34369481
I'll never understand why anyone would like to hurt themselves physically.
>>
File: 1434050695950.jpg (177KB, 630x727px) Image search: [Google]
1434050695950.jpg
177KB, 630x727px
>>34369481
>>>/tumblr/

Please, go quickly.
>>
>>34369481
Cutting does NOTHING

Absolutely NOTHING

Not only will you still need to deal with the feelings you were trying to escape from, but you'll also have to deal with as many cuts as you inflict upon yourself

NOT WORTH IT
O
T

W
O
R
T
H

I
T
>>
Yeah it may be like drugs, and yeah I've taken drugs. But when I've done so it has been to fill in for some other feeling.
Cutting is no different in that it's just a dead giveaway that there's something the matter with you, and I can't be fucking dealing with any more histrionic borderline nutcases in my life
>>
File: patrickbatemanisprettyintresting.jpg (120KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
patrickbatemanisprettyintresting.jpg
120KB, 1080x810px
>>34369481
>There is nothing wrong with cutting, only one problem depending on who you are.
>The scars
>They look ugly and make people think you want attention or are crazy.
>>
>>34370155

but it's proven to release dopamine, desu.

shallow cuts like how typical not bipolar emo faggots make heal to be unnoticable.
>>
>>34370094
I don't cut lad. But I can tell you I have been through worse than the average soldier. Personality disorders don't come from nowhere
>>
>>34370255
What have you been through greentext it i'm interested.
>>
File: 1483457736661.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1483457736661.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>34370245
eating a cookie releases dopamine, your argument is retarded anon please get some help
>>
>>34369616
>Can't you just go jogging and run until it feels like your heart is going to explode?
>Or possibly die of an undiagnosed congenital heart fault.
You present some points on how over-running is unpredicatbly harmfull, but there's a lot of other smaller injuries, strained ankles, torn tendons, falls etc.

>Healthy
Only with the right diet/body mass, and in moderation.

>>34369772
Indeed.

>>34369913
Im not doing it myself and I do drugs.

>>34369935
That sounds worse.

>>34370011
>I'm afraid that if I ever find a qt gf now i'll have to explain them and be embarrassed. Worse, she'll think its some kind of std and get the fug outta there
Again, just the stigma around it nothing to do with cutting.

>>Implying causing physical, bodily harm in the face of stress is "normal"
Never said that, but it's actually very common to have done it few times, but that's not a argument.

>infection
Not a problem with moderate cutting and basic hygine you should do anyways
>Inability to cope with emotions
Yeah. It's a coping mechanism, like drugs. Only dangerous when overused.
>Struggle to hide wounds
>Inability to bring up your issues with someone who can actually help
That's the stigma(that you're arguing for), not the cutting.
>the fact that its fucking addicting
Like I said. Many things are very addictive, including alcohol and prescribed drugs.
>>
>>34370255
>I have been through worse than the average soldier
> Personality disorders don't come from nowhere

They can come from daddy not cuddling his widdle princess enough, fuck off
>>
>>34370351
WAHH WAHH. MY COMRADE GOT SHOT
>dad is a violent schizophrenic paedophile from a rough city
>my mum was also violent
>parents moved from Manchester to Taunton in 1981 because racist
>had my sister in '89 and me in '92
>used to beat me, lock me in cupboards and wash mouth out with soap when I was as young as 3
>had to watch and sometimes get caught inbetween parents physical fighting
>mum and dad divorced in '95
>mum took me and sister to Manchester women and childrens home
>met a guy called Frank
>he used to beat me and my sister, swung us by our ears until they bled
>dad found us and took us to Exeter
>sexually abused me, physically abused me, mentally abused me and verbally abused me
>used to go crazy a lot, heavy drinker. extremely violent
>dropped sister off at cop station in June of '97
>I'm with this crazy bastard until late '98
>go into care
>am withdrawn
>I molested kids when I was a kid (even living with my dad)
>my foster dad cheated on my foster mum so there were a lot of fights there
>foster dad has punched me on occasion
>I tried to fuck foster sister
>killed her hamsters and a dog
>pyromaniac
>thought about mass murder a lot
>thief
>vandal
>I attempted burglary once
>zoophillia
>>
>>34370401
>I molested kids when I was a kid (even living with my dad)
>my foster dad cheated on my foster mum so there were a lot of fights there
>foster dad has punched me on occasion
>I tried to fuck foster sister
>killed her hamsters and a dog
>pyromaniac
>thought about mass murder a lot
>thief
>vandal
>I attempted burglary once
>zoophillia

So you're just a shitty person

And yeah, your comrade getting shot is worse. They actually care about each other, you're a subhuman piece of trash who cares only for themself
>>
File: PatrickBatemangif.jpg (7KB, 358x141px) Image search: [Google]
PatrickBatemangif.jpg
7KB, 358x141px
>>34370401
That was pretty good anon, feels good to release your bad thoughts doesn't it?
>>
>>34369481
I used to cut. What "high" are you talking about anon? There's no such thing. The pain from cutting is basically just a distraction from whatever other pain there is.
>>
>>34370317
>Again, just the stigma around it nothing to do with cutting.

Implying that, even without stigma, women will want weak beta faggot males like me who can't actually deal with their fee fees

All your other arguments are shit. I don't do drugs and I don't drink because they aren't healthy ways to cope. Normie faggots like you will turn any direction other than forward when confronted with something uncomfortable.
>>
Backstory:
My gf has been doing some cutting. Never a lot or deep, just a bit, when she's having a hard time. Sometimes when we fight (so no one to talk to) At first I was upset, but as I think about it really, it's fine.

I havent told her this, only told her to stop... but t b h I want to but she'd probably get mad.

It's just like me having some beers or some kratom when I feel down. She didnt like it at first but she's fine with it as long as im not addicted.

>>34370401
I didnt have it THAT bad but I can relate. It's horrible how bad childhoods can corrupt you.

>>34370469
Shitty people often come from somewhere. The really shitty people are whose who were handed everything yet are narcissistic assholes.

>>34370536
It's proven that cutting releases endorphins. Like runners high. Usually the "high" is just perceived as a relief from emotional pain i suppose. But it's more than just a distraction, and it's also why it can be addictive.
>>
>>34370469
Cause to affect anon. If I hadn't been abused and molested then none of that would have happened. Besides, I'm actually not half bad. I have people I care about so your anology isn't too great.

>being abused and molested by the people you were born to trust and being abandoned is worse than someones mate getting shot. Top kek.
>>
>>34370401
The fuck does this have to do with "excuses for cutting?"

This is conversation leading up to this

Cutting is bad
>lol anon wear your wounds wit pride XDDD
That's stupid, anon. There's no pride in being to weak to actually deal with things...
>LOOOK AT MEEEE I WAS ABUUUUUUUUSED D: D:

Sucks dude, but this is a cutting thread, mate. as you said

>I don't cut lad
>>
>>34370730
I was trying to make you angry but it didn't work.
Yeah lad you got thrown a shitty life. Still round Exeter? I ain't far from there myself
>>
>>34369481
Don't listen to this retard. It's an unhealthy way of coping with your emotions. It only serves as a replacement and distraction from your emotional problems. You will never learn to properly learn to cope and it only works as a band-aid (ironically enough). Also just the fact that it looks bad, it's risky and you can get infections. Also the fact that it won't make anything better. DON'T DO IT.
>>
>>34370245
I dunno then

It started being less effective every time I did it until it just wasn't working at all, and I needed to both clean up all the blood and I still needed to process whatever bullshit was upsetting me afterward

It's not like they weren't deep either, no, I have a lot of scars on my upper arms where they connect to my shoulders

Maybe this feeling stays longer with other people. All I know is I got very little relief.
>>
>>34369481
essentially it marks you as an inferior, weak human being and this is coming from someone with self harm issues myself.

I cut off relationships once I started cutting because I felt like a god damn freak and frankly I probably am
>>
>>34370849
>It's an unhealthy way of coping with your emotions. It only serves as a replacement and distraction from your emotional problems.
If it's the only thing you do, of course, yes. Just like alcohol or prescribed drugs. Are you against those?
>it only works as a band-aid
exactly.
>it's risky and you can get infections
Not problems with moderate use.
>the fact that it won't make anything better
It gives you temporary relief. that's useful as long as you know what you're doing.

>>34370859
Yeah you develop tolerance to it just like a drug.

>>34370953
>I cut off relationships once I started cutting because I felt like a god damn freak and frankly I probably am
That sucks, I hope it gets better. I know a cutter who passed out and woke up in the hospital several times but that anon now has a bf and seems much happier
>>
File: 1481488570334.jpg (534KB, 5555x5555px) Image search: [Google]
1481488570334.jpg
534KB, 5555x5555px
>>34369481
Jesus christ, you're actually trying to rationalize something that only moody 13 years olds do. What the fuck is this, Gaia?
>>
Here you go here is your attention that you are fucking craving for you piece of shit.

That is the only reason you do it for.

Remember kids
Across is for attention
Down the road is for action
>>
File: dexter.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dexter.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>cutting other people
Intelligent, nihilistic and a wicked sense of humor.

>cutting yourself
emo cakeboy
>>
File: z3393371.gif (16KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
z3393371.gif
16KB, 125x125px
>>34371252
And through the jugular if you really mean it.
>>
>>34370745
>I said something
>guy responds with pic witg soldier
>so I attack his response
>he asks me what I went through.
There you go lad. Not hard (I have cut once)

>>34370785
tfw East Devon
Come end the nornies with me
>>
>>34371107
Yes if they're being abused. You can't just say "It's okay in moderation" especially when you're pitching that sale to someone who's mentally ill or likely already impulsive. It's the equivalent of saying "just try heroin once that's all!"

>exactly
Ok so then it's like a band-aid for a gunshot wound. It only masks the root of the problem.

>It gives you temporary relief. that's useful as long as you know what you're doing.
Most people don't. Most people won't. Temporary relief to a long term problem is stupid. There comes a point when it can only hide the problems for so long.
>>
>>34369481
My Psychiatrist told me it was fine to cut.

She also didn't have a problem with me smashing glass bottles and cups in parking lots and basketball courts for stress relief, so maybe she's a bad source
>>
>>34369481
It's wrong because it leaves scars and people might see them.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 670x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 670x460px
>>34369481
Cutting is stupid

You're left with scars that will annoy you when you actually grow the fuck up and regret it. At least one night stands are fun
>>
>>34372105
get back to britfeel Stuck in East Devon Anon
>>
File: deadTrap_1.jpg (38KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
deadTrap_1.jpg
38KB, 500x375px
>>34369481
DELET THIS

This post is most certainly not original
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.