[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

19 y/o uk uni student, the idea of social events gives me panic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 2017-01-23-21-01-01-797958581.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-23-21-01-01-797958581.png
7KB, 225x225px
19 y/o uk uni student, the idea of social events gives me panic attacks, second semester with 0 friends, friends from home arent understanding when i try to explain this shit, all the other students go out and get drunk and viciously insult each other meanwhile i cant sleep because of something i said that may have slightly upset someone months ago, not fitting in in the world and terrified to try to join it while wishing i could join it because im feeling my brain deteriorate from isolation

I've lived my life on the internet and have nothing to show for in conversation. But my entire life ive never been happy with this and always have made an effort to improve my life, the only thing im proud of. This is the first time ive ended up with 0 friends though, i cant cope, and nothing is likely to change in the environment im in. Even a "tldr" from someone would make me feel better for a while as i can laugh at the humour in it... but ever since coming to uni, social mistakes which i would find as a funny story to tell are now making me despair because i have no friends to fall back on. Im not content with living life in my room, and it kills me
>>
>>34366505

19 here.
Start smoking weed, it will make time pass and give you a few stoner buddies
>>
>>34366505
I'm exactly the same,man. Which uni?
>>
File: 1485206944093s.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1485206944093s.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>34366505
same, but I'm 21 now. Wasted my college career. Feels bad, man.
>>
>>34366505
>Im not content with living life in my room, and it kills me
It won't kill you if you kill yourself first :^)

2nd year here and just got back my essay with 48/100. Turned out some bits that I heard from the lecturer was wrong and my first understanding of it was correct in the first place.

I'll probably kill myself in April anyway so the grades won't matter.
>>
>>34366575
How old were you when you first smoked? What was the experience like? Im a bit scared of trying but i might like to one day

>>34366593
UEA

>>34366625
feelsbad. Do you have friends though? Id prefer to have friends and be a wageslave than do well at uni and have no one

>>34366660
:^)

That fucking sucks man. One bad essay grade wont pull the rest down by much if the rest are good though? I dont think grades are worth killing yourself over (though im reading in your post that that isnt the real reason). Ive been trying to keep myself busy by taking books out of the library that ive always wanted to read but never had access to. What is making you want to kill yourself?
>>
>>34367268
Been bored out of my mind for the last few years.

I generally do fine in test anyway so my overall grade shouldn't be too miserable.
>>
>>34366505
Same here anon and only in senior year. My last friend moved to america, and i quit drugs which i used to cope after he left. 3months clean and my only solace is world of warcraft but every other waking hour i spend not playing is hell because i think about life. Also anxiety is getting worse.

Hope we find a friend.
>>
>>34367330
If you live to see your overall grade :^)

Seriously though, id say at least wait until unis over. Any major environmental change can go wrong for us, and (without giving you any bullshit) they can go right. Uni has got me going out of my mind, but i know ill leave it soon. Youve already done a year. I respect whatever decision you make

>>34367404
Hey man, as long as youre happy playing WoW theres nothing wrong with that. Hope your life improves
>>
>>34367268

Norwich is great man go and watch some of the nightlife, even if you don't get hammered or whatever, go to one of the hipster bars or go to mercy and watch the degenerates do their thing, its a beautiful city, make what you can of it
>>
jeez this board really is male tumblr
>>
>>34366625
Fuck. Same. Except I'm probably not going to graduate for another year because I also fucked up my academics.
>>
Same but I'm in college, I fucking hate the whole "uni night life" bla bla it's so cringe. Just a bunch of mindless boring normie fuckheads dancing to basic music
>>
>>34366505
Drink some alcohol, it will help with the anxiety and temporarily turn you into a normie
>>
File: 1484780665123.png (168KB, 727x682px) Image search: [Google]
1484780665123.png
168KB, 727x682px
>>34366505
You need some venlafaxine my man. It's a antidepressant that works against anxiety.

Take that for some weeks and then go to parties and git drunk.

>>34368067
The parties and clubs suck. But the pre game is great fun.
>>
>>34366505
What uni do you go to friendo
>>
>>34368067
Don't go to shit clubs then m8
>>
>>34367845
Its. Ot that im happy playing wow, playing wow makes me forget how shitty things are.

Escapism at its best ;-;
>>
>>34366505
Some small percentage of the human population are born as hermits and die as hermits, its in their genes. You can either accept it and learn contentedness, or spend your whole life driving yourself crazy trying to change yourself to fit normie standards.
Society has brainwashed you into believing that humans are social animals, that spending your weekends and evenings indoors is unacceptable, that having no friends is unhealthy, and it's all lies.
>>
>>34368439
I know :( if i can rephrase, i guess i meant at least try to be happy while playing wow. When i use escapes from life i catch myself just feeling bored, so i
try to enjoy whatever it is im using as an escape. Sometimes it works

>>34368353
UEA
>>
>>34368755
Shit, that's rather far away, I'm at Bolton
>>
>>34366505
Are u attractive? Coz then someone will wasn't to talk to you. Eventually
>>
Why cant I find a friend like you?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.