[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /meditate/ and /exercise/ here? Going a few months

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1468265417673.png (15KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
1468265417673.png
15KB, 477x539px
who /meditate/ and /exercise/ here?

Going a few months strong. Feels good man
>>
>>34362672
started working out a few months ago and it's going great.
have tried getting into meditation several times but can't seem to get the hang of it - any tips robots?
>>
>>34362771
>have tried getting into meditation several times but can't seem to get the hang of it - any tips robots?
First of all, always use a timer, e.g. on your smartphone. Preferably have the alarm be quiet/soothing so you don't get a heart attack when it goes off after relaxing. Next, get an app like Life Reminders and get it to set off at the same time every day. Do either at the beginning or the end of the day.

Start with 10 minutes and just persevere. Once you find it easier (after maybe 2 weeks), go for 20. That's a nice number the buddhists seem to recommend for us western fucks.

Perhaps after a few more weeks/months you'll start to see the benefit and even necessity of doing it, then you can increase it to 30 (what I currently do). Just don't go overboard and burnout. Only do as much as you feel you can sustain, but don't do any less than 10 minutes.

Just close your eyes, sit/lay down, relax and do nothing but focus on your breathing, accepting that there will be lots of mind distractions for months/years to come. Bring your attention back each time.
>>
hey robots. whats the big deal with meditation? is it a religious thing? is it a 'spiritual' thing? i dont really get the idea. it just seems boring and a waste of time. im kind of religious, i like to think myself as protestant.i used to work out a bit. nothing big, i did ~100 pushups and ~150 situps twice a day but then just stopped cus im lazy.
>>
>>34362891
thanks for the advice :)
hopefully i can pick it up
>>
>>34362981
Spiritual, yes.

But it doesn't have to be, if your mind isn't open enough for spirituality.

From what I understand - essentially, it recalibrates (more so over time) your mind back to a baseline understanding/experience of reality via the experience of the internal, versus the external. The external world is of unlimited, ever-fueled chaos. A realm of illusions, in effect, which the untrained mind gets lost in. You get so lost in the illusions that you construct a world that revolves around the ego. This ego gives you an incredibly limited and difficult experience of the world.

/meditate/ brings you back to your natural state of a clear, peaceful mind, and realigns you with what you really are - something infinite, unlimited, and very great.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.