[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who simply /dgaf/ about anything in life anymore? i mean, it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 554680408.png (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
554680408.png
9KB, 300x300px
who simply /dgaf/ about anything in life anymore? i mean, it doesn't even make me depressed. in fact, it kinda makes me happy because right now it seems like life is one giant sandbox game and i can literally do whatever the hell i want.
>>
>>34360621
I'm with you man. I was suicidal for years, and it "broke" me in a way. Now I just don't care. It's not perfect, but it's much better. I wonder what the next level is.
>>
File: 1483135462772.jpg (89KB, 789x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483135462772.jpg
89KB, 789x960px
I don't give a fuck about anything, all I want to do is sit here and shitpost and waste my time. It doesn't make me depressed necessarily (everything else in life does) it provides me with a feeling of comfortable nothingness.

I agree you could see it like a sandbox, that is until society knocks you the fuck down and tells you to get a job and be "normal".
>>
>>34360698

I don't think of it as a necessity though. I mean we all could choose not to work, but then who is gonna feed us.

But no one is pointing a gun at me and telling me to do things. There's no obligations. I have no fucking kids to take care of, no family to attend to. I could literally fly across the world and it's perfectly fine assuming I'm not broke.
>>
>>34360698
I feel you man. Im living the NEET life with my parents and happy af. Just do whatever I want all day. My dad has been on my ass about it though and might make me get a job so I'm a bit worried
>>
File: IMG_1133.jpg (195KB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1133.jpg
195KB, 491x750px
>>34360621
Until you realize the sandbox is filled to
The brim and spilling over with 7 billion other people all wanting their plot of the sandbox, and if you want to stay in the sandbox you have to play their petty games and dance the dance of the all knowing and seeing elites who conquered the sandbox and all its inhabitants long ago

The world is great isn't it?
>>
>>34360945

Thankfully my interests doesn't really involve other people. I mean there are some things in this world that involves other people, like, if you wanted to start a band, or make a play, or do dancing, or whatever. But I just like keeping to myself most of the times.
>>
>>34360945
It sure is, buddy. One of my sister's friends came to chill for football yesterday and stayed over and we had a little chat before he left. He's one of those endlessly happy people and I told him, "I wouldn't want to be that way with all the mistakes I've made. It would make me seem oblivious, unable to see what I'm doing wrong". It's sad that we can even rationalize our own depression. To think that I wanted to be a psychologist when my own issues haven't been tackled.
>>
>like life is one giant sandbox game
Definitely feels that way to me. Just like my dreams, except there I have complete control. In a way I think that's a hidden purpose of dreams, if you learn to control your mind you learned the first steps to control the real world.
Without chans I have absolutely no control of anything in the world, but here I do, even if it is just silly memes. I guess that's one of the reasons so many are addicted to this place, it almost gives us purpose
>>
File: IMG_1256.jpg (53KB, 564x797px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1256.jpg
53KB, 564x797px
>>34361044
Most psychologists are actually just people trying to apply that field of study to their own problems and shortcomings. They believe if they can mend others then by doing so they can mend themselves. However a psychologist who has never tried to unravel their own mind can never be capable of disarming another.

I saw it in all of the therapists I've ever interacted with, and in the end did them more good than they did me by their own admission. All because they did not have the wherewithal to turn their gaze inwards before turning their blindness to the world.

It's why the field of psychology is largely a joke. Not that you shouldn't do it but I think you made the right call.
>>
>>34361169
>except there I have complete control

Exactly anon. If I wanted to get fit, I could do it all on my own, I mean I could hire a trainer, but even that it's controllable by me. Getting into a relationship on the other hand.. I would have to know how to deal with another human being and frankly speaking, dealing with human beings are the hardest thing to do in this world. It's the one thing in this world that you cannot have complete control over.
>>
>>34361265

Isn't some of psychology's concepts pretty much refuted by the medical world though.
>>
> can literally do whatever the hell i want.

You literally can't. Sooner or later you need a real job and can't live with mommy and have her pay for everything. Most jobs suck horribly bad too, and you will get paid shit and get zero respect in life.
>>
File: IMG_0826.jpg (107KB, 1901x728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0826.jpg
107KB, 1901x728px
>>34362613
Yes, psychology is largely based off collective opinion and treatments resulting from group think that benefit no one. It has a very, very long history of being flat out wrong and doing much more harm than good.

It is a pseudo science through and through with only a few nuggets of actual knowledge and treatments discovered over generations of practicing that produced far more casualties than cures.

You're better off studying the great philosophers and ethicists to learn how to behave like a regular person.
>>
>>34362941

Then why do colleges offer it as a legit degree course?
>>
File: IMG_0679.jpg (51KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0679.jpg
51KB, 620x413px
>>34363108
Because it was memed into colleges just like "gender studies" classes were memed into them

If an idea is given any kind of credibility whatsoever there is probably someone teaching it in a school somewhere anon, but that doesn't make it objectively right or valid in any way.

Not to make this political but look at Trans people, they get told by psychologists the only way to "cure" themselves is by mutilating and pumping their bodies full of chemicals that permanently disfigure and damage it which has been shown to INCREASE rates of suicide.

You don't have to look far to see how the pseudo scientists behind psychology have damaged and killed people under the guise of helping them. It's all one mad experiment turned circus with Big Pharma as the ring leader.
>>
>>34363108
Why do they offer liberal arts as a degree course? I'm sure 2000 years ago they would have offered witchdoctoring as a legit degree course. It's a degree in professional bullshittery, it makes money.
>>
>>34363279
This, everything is driven by money just as the ocean tides are dictated by the moon. If there is money to be made then there is going to be someone making it anyway they can, if it's to the detriment of millions I assure they have no issue with this.

This is the very nature of man: to gain at the expense of others and eventually his own. Never forget this because it is in everything that man has built or created and we all live in that very prison right this moment. Don't forget that.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.