[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>apply for firearms license to go hunting/target shooting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

>apply for firearms license to go hunting/target shooting
>"Sorry anon you failed your background check"
>"Your next of kin's interview indicates a severe risk of mental illness."

A-am I on a list now, lads?
>>
File: 19gr653hscdtjjpg.jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
19gr653hscdtjjpg.jpg
74KB, 800x600px
>>34354593
Meh, probably not.

Now if you had a criminal record then you might get the po po knocking at the door for a chat.
>>
>next of kin interview

Do american background checks really entail this?
>>
>>34354593
Ugh you don't need a background check to do either just to purchase a gun
>>
>>34355501
No but that's what liberals are pushing for. Eventually everyone would be on a no-buy list for some arbitrary reason
>>
>>34354593
what a fucked society we now live in, government controls all the food the guns , were not allowed to go and hunt an animal if we wanted too well not without going through a shit ton of red tape, 'tis fucked
>>
>>34355578
Yes, because the laws are aimed at people that hunt.

You fucking sperg
>>
>>34355578

How is the government supposed to win on this issue? Every time there is a mass shooting the NRA and the rest of the right meme about mental health to draw heat from their lack of interest in sensible gun laws.
>>
>>34355578
>>34355638
Mental health is important in gun violence prevention.

And to be honest, I would never want to see a guy frequenting /r9k/ being near firearms. It was shitty that your relative shut you down but its for the best.
>>
>>34355545

How do you feel about other countries with sensible gun laws and many fewer problems with gun violence/accidental shootings?
>>
>>34355501
The federal one doesn't. State mandates can range from nothing at all to all sorts of restrictions.

I live in a pretty strict state and I think the standard here is still only that you can't have been adjudicated mentally defective within the past decade. that is, you can't have been involuntarily committed to an institution or other mental-health treatment by court order.
>>
>>34355694

Yes, mental health is important, but the NRA has no interest in preventing the mentally ill from acquiring firearms.
>>
>>34355695
I always look at their demographics first and notice that they have a lower percentage of non-whites in their country committing gun related crimes
>>
File: 1436116026247.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1436116026247.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>34355695
Not him, but I do not support tighter firearm restrictions. First, about two thirds of deaths by firearm are suicides, and suicide is a victimless crime that the state has no business trying to prevent. If your life is your own, then it should be your decision if you want to end it. Second, a great deal of the problem with gun violence is in cities with restrictive firearms laws. Chicago comes as close as they can to banning civilian firearms ownership altogether - fat lot of good it does 'em. Third we should accept a greater risk of gun violence in society in defense of the principle that government should only be allowed to punish those who have already committed crimes. If someone has a gun and commits no crime with it, the government shouldn't be able to tell him he can't have it.
>>
>>34355528
>>34355501
>>34355545
>>34355578
I'm not American lads, am a KIwi. Need a background check and an officer to inspect my house before I can get a gun. Also had to pass a written gun safety test.
>>
>>34355864

>Suicide

Agree 100%.

>Only criminals should be punished

Yeah, but making sure guns stay out of the hands of criminals a gun register and universal background checks are necessary. Anything short of that is memeing.
>>
I was anti gun but now I dont trust the government to have complete control over the distribution of firearms. Maybe theres a better way than having them incredibly easy to obtain but I've yet to find it.
>>
>>34356000

Swiss model?
>>
>>34355974
I'd oppose a universal registry for the same reason I oppose NSA data-collection programs - none of your damn business, Uncle Sam. If I haven't committed a crime, the government has no business knowing if I have a gun.

Sure, by all means, confiscate firearms from people who commit violent crimes, and prohibit them from acquiring new ones after they're released. But a pre-crime program is offensive to a free society. Until someone demonstrates by their actions that it is a danger to others to let them have a gun, the state has no grounds to deny them one.
>>
>>34356026
I haven't read much about that. I'll look into it
>>
>>34356054

Is a car registry just as offensive to you? What about car licenses?
>>
>>34356248
There's a case to be made for a license that proves you know how to operate the thing.

But no, I don't think the government should be keeping a database of who owns a car, and which ones. Look into the dragnet surveillance they're already doing with automated license-plate readers.
>>
>>34356289
Cars are made for transportation and can be used as deadly weapons.
Guns have a single purpose, to shoot things.
This isn't a good comparison at all.
>>
>>34356289

Are cars not registered to a name? Surely they must be.
>>
>>34356324
They are, it's one of the easiest ways to tell if the person driving is the same person who owns the vehicle. It's a nice way to catch car thieves.
>>
>hunting
farm-grown meat is objectively better.
>>
>>34354593

Wonder who it was.

>>34356289

So you're okay with needing a gun license presumably.
>>
>>34356336

Not in terms of health. Lean game meat is the less associated with atherosclerosis and cancer risk.
>>
>>34355966
Same here, senpai. Eventually decided it was a waste of money and time considering most have illegal
>>
>>34356342
So long as it's shall-issue. Pass the exam? No violent felonies? Then you must be given a license. You shouldn't have to show any special need or justification, just like the DMV doesn't get to ask you why they shouldn't deny you a driving license, since you live in an area with bus service after all. You also shouldn't be subject to any limitations on what you can own, just like the DMV shouldn't be able to stop you from buying a second car.
>>
>>34356336
You really think the Founding Fathers of the U.S., who literally just got done fighting war with a government that no longer represented their needs, made it their prerogative to make the 2nd numerated inalienable right just to protect your right to shoot a deer?

You are a fucking retard
>>
>>34356336

I like the idea of providing for myself and not being dependent upon factory farmed meat. No OP though. Not to mention the environmental impact of taking a wild animal is much less than a factory farmed ruminant.
>>
>>34354593
>tfw currently trying for a hunting license
>tfw if I get denied, literally half my village will know how fucked up I am because the hunting association requests the background check
>>
>>34356486
>background check
what are they checking exactly?
>>
>>34356386
you don't even HAVE to eat meat. it's better for ecology if you don't!
>>34356385
>he is an americuck
opinions discarded
>>
>>34356521
Crimes, health, mental health.
The last two things being potential problems, due to me being a 300 pound perma-NEET that didn't get conscripted because of potential mental problems, since only 3 people needed to go to the psychiatrist and we all got denied.
>>
>>34356570
i see

i thought they view our browsing history

i plan to get a gun too (self defense only)
>>
>>34356596
Yeah, that's the next problem. There's hate speech laws in my country and I'm a /pol/ack.
My internet might be under surveillance, in which case I'm supremely fucked. At least I wouldn't be directly responsible for my mental health status.
>>
>>34356556
I'm the cuck? Guess who out of the 2 of us can buy a hand gun and bring it home the same day, cuckboi?
>>
>be schizophrenic
>never able to defend myself with a firearm ever a gain
fucking ridiculous

also, what would happen if I stopped taking my meds? Would I go nuts? I'm not convinced meds even do anything. I'm still paranoud as fuck that people are trying to kill me all the time.
>>
>>34354593
>apply for firearms license
>firearms license
>unironically living in a communist freedom hating place
>>
>>34356323
There's no constitutional right to own a car

>implying the only thing you can shoot with that gun is an innocent baby
Criminals, animals, and soda cans are all things I have shot before.
>>
>>34356323
and yet cars kill more people and police officers in the US than guns
>>
>>34355864
why am I not allowed to buy nerve gas then ?
if I dont do anything illegal with it the government shouldnt be allowed to prosecute me for it
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.