[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is every single person in the field of mathematics and physics

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Bogdanoffs.jpg (99KB, 670x730px) Image search: [Google]
Bogdanoffs.jpg
99KB, 670x730px
Why is every single person in the field of mathematics and physics such an insufferable prick?
>>
>>34353700
because they are forcing you to think and use your brains
>>
>>34353700
I guess you would be the one exception
>>
File: 8dc.jpg (458KB, 1348x474px) Image search: [Google]
8dc.jpg
458KB, 1348x474px
Superiority complex
>tfw chemical physics master race
>>
Can someone explain who these two mashed potato face guys are? I missed out on the meme
>>
>>34353700
Because they refuse the bogpill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piDrgUWlqKg
>>
>>34353700
Probably because they can't slack off like their friend in journalism/lib arts can.
>>
File: It's all over now.jpg (11KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
It's all over now.jpg
11KB, 255x247px
Why? Because fuck you, that's why. We are the smartest people who've ever lived, and every day we watch you, the rest of this disgusting, failed experiment called humanity, throw it down the proverbial drain.

We studied diligently for years upon years, to give something to you people worth a shit, and you throw it back in our face like the feces you fling at each other on a regular basis. Even your women are abhorrent, shaking their diseased asses like baboons for the first nigger that comes their way.

Humanity deserves nothing less than brutal extinction.
>>
Mathtards are usually already autistic, pair it with a narcissism and you have an insufferable cunt
>>
You would be an insufferable prick too if you could accurately tell how many jellybeans are in a jar.
>>
>>34353741
More like deeply rooted insecurity

Notice how most of these people are inferior in nearly every other aspect of their lives

Honestly some of the most pathetic people to have ever walked this Earth
>>
>>34353700

not really my experience with them
>>
>>34353700
When you are smarter and faster than every single person you met you become arrogant, see the khan complex.
>>
>>34353935
That generalization is true for the most part but for some of my colleagues (especially the european ones) this is not the case at all, they're attractive and well adjusted human beings. I think being surrounded by pseudointellectual americans (as in the vast majority of american university populations) gives you a superiority complex to a slight degree
>>
>>34353966
Except *most* of these people are of only moderate intellect

If chad spent as much time learning their field of study he would best most of them easily.
>>
>>34353997
I said most, not all.

This is 4chan after all, where we make grandiose generalizations

I'd argue that this phenomenon is prevalent in academic institutions across the globe.
>>
>"The ancient Oracle said I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing."

people in mathematics and physics will fail to understand what this quote means as their "wisdom" is derived from mainly practise and study instead of raw talent

its why >>34354002 is 100% true

most people of moderate intellect enjoy deluding themselves to pretend they are above the level of mediocre
>>
>>34353700
Have you ever considered that it's you pricks that are insufferable, and not us?

(You probably haven't, but that's okay, this pill is a hard one to swallow.)
>>
>>34353700
Because they know the reasons they didn't get laid in high school is the reason they will have pussy the rest of their lives.
>>
>>34353700
Male CS profs are pretty cool, while female CS profs are grumps and stuck up. Math profs seem the opposite. The female ones were okay, but some of the male ones were in their own world and couldn't be bothered be the affairs of math plebs.
>>
>>34354195
Quality post 2bh

>>34354219
>>34354245
>>34353966
>>34353856
wew lads
>>
>>34353700
It's a difficult to pin down, and you can probably only make headway by understanding that mathematics is a basically religious study. The only reasonable way to base math is in our experience with quantity and magnitude, but that leaves you high and dry when it comes to things like set and number theory and the efforts to logically ground math. In order to get to the modern stuff, you have to take this quasi-religious position, that numbers are the (Platonic/Cartesian) essence of motion and change and that mathematical advancement is "discovery" rather than "invention." This makes mathematicians the high priesthood of the one true metaphysics (mathematical realism), so little surprise they're philosophically-unsophisticated pricks.
Physicists are the same way, if you just replace "numbers" with "models" and "mathematical realism" with "scientific realism."
>>
>>34353700
Tell us about the most cuntastic math/physics autists you've met OP>>34353700
>>
Some survivorship bias, perhaps? Most people do not realise that a person who appears to be self-assured and certain could be delusional, and a person expressing uncertainty isn't necessarily incompetent, the problem could be very complex or they may just be being intellectually honest/humble. These people are heavily involved in funding and employment, and if you don't appear to be a smug bragfag, you will be overlooked. That goes for all of academia, too.
>>
>>34354723
Too many to list really
>>
>>34353700
>t. someone who can't do their math homework
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.