[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sick of being monolingual. I've learned Esperanto,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: languages.jpg (2MB, 5572x4177px) Image search: [Google]
languages.jpg
2MB, 5572x4177px
I'm sick of being monolingual.

I've learned Esperanto, but it's not particularly useful; I took Spanish in high school and hated every second; and I'm learning Japanese now at CC but the grammar is fucking my ass and it's too hard to actually speak (Kanji isn't as hard as it sounds.)

I want something that you can actually understand when spoken and isn't a nightmare to pronounce. What are some robots' opinions?
>>
File: flago.png (24KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
flago.png
24KB, 2000x1333px
>>34353493
Esperanto is extremely useful.
>>
Korean seems pleasant. Hangul is stupid simple for an asian language. Not sure on grammar, but pronunciation doesnt seem bad.

I'm not sure about the use you'd get out of knowing korean, though.
>>
>>34353611
Mi nur uzas ghin por kolerigi homojn sur eksbaukso, char ili pensas, ke mi parolas la hispanan.
>>
File: 1451196213433.jpg (72KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1451196213433.jpg
72KB, 323x323px
>>34353493
Aprende a hablar castellano en lugar de japones como un otaku de mierda, gringo.
>>
File: 1470536040330.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
1470536040330.png
260KB, 563x542px
>>34353493
>tfw born to mexican parents
>Spanish was my first language, English was trivial to learn
Step it up senpai
>>
>>34353717
> aprende castellano, the dialect spoken in Spain
> continues to call OP a Mexican slang word

Idiot
>>
>>34353764
I remember it was relatively easy to understand when written but the moment anybody opened their mouths I was lost, even on those educational videos where everything was supposed to be clear and neutral.
>>
>>34353493
I minored in spanish, shit wasn't hard if you have half a brain. Took some jap on the side too
Git gud
>>
>>34353648
That's because it was made to resemble Western European languages.
>>
>>34353874
I will admit this was also the case for me when I learned French. I've been told the only way to get around this is to submerse yourself in the language, in my case live in France or a French speaking area. I may do so at some point in my life to be fluent in 3 languages
>>
>>34353953
The worst part is like half the school was Hispanic and people would speak Spanish all the time.
>>
>>34353493
Go with German, the words may be long but a least you can pronounce it using the sounds.
>>
i recommend french
>>
>>34354043
I've been thinking about it. I know English vocabulary is drawn heavily from French and it might be marketable here down in the States (you can find so many Spanish-speakers that it means nothing.) I heard France is a "diverse" hellhole now though so I don't know if I want to go there.
>>
>>34354043
Second french.
It's the closest language to english that doesn't require you to start completely from scratch.

Get some anki flashcard packs and duolingo for starters and you're good to go.

Godspeed.
>>
File: 1439217094891.png (32KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1439217094891.png
32KB, 800x600px
>>34353493

> mfw bilingual
>>
>>34353493
>but the grammar is fucking my ass
wut
read more
also
>tae kim
>japanese the manga way
>>
don't take mandarin.
the chinese don't even like autists anyway
>>
>>34354414
I know better than to try doing business with the Chinese; I saw the screencap.

I'm also going to bed.
>>
>>34354414
White guys who take Mandarin are always autists. Japanese too.
>>
I recommend choosing the language based on its utility foremost.
>>
>>34353493
Spanish, French, and German are ezpz. If you can't learn any of those 3 just give up. Only hard part of pronouncing German is -ch, but it comes pretty natural since it's similar to sounds already used in English. Also basic grammar is mostly the same as English, aside from cases.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.