[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it too late to learn Japanese at over 21? I feel in love with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1482236145668.png (307KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482236145668.png
307KB, 500x500px
Is it too late to learn Japanese at over 21?
I feel in love with the sound of that language.
>>
If you're a weeb it's too late for anything in your life
>>
Never too late to learn.

Though why you want to speak Typewriter is a bit beyond me.

If you desire to learn a language, learn Esperanto first; it's been proven over and over to make the learning of other languages easier. Its also perfectly regular, which makes it quite easy to learn. Not only that, but there's plenty of chance to travel with it. There's even a large number of Japanese who speak it.
>>
Yep. Once you reach age 15 your brain seals up and it becomes impossible to learn anything that relates to language.
>>
>>34347981
Tried to learn Lojban for a while but only autistic savants speak it so it's rather useless.
>>
>>34348004
Not far from the truth
>>
no it's never to late to learn a language
>>
File: 1442910414141.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1442910414141.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
>>34348107
>tfw to dumb to learn a language
And my memory is awful anyway.
>>
What language is most likely to fix my tfw no gf problem?
>>
Started learning when I was 15 in highschool.

Completed 8 semesters of study in college at age 22.

It really is just a time game. If you take an hour or two a day and just give an earnest effort, things will snowball over time and eventually you'll come "full circle" with the language. What I mean by that is what happened when you were like 10 (or younger, whatever, it varies) and you no longer need to be taught English in a formal setting - you had built up a strong enough foundation to the point where you could just extrapolate new words and grammar rules on your own by reading and talking. You reach the point where improvement doesn't feel like you are fighting against the current, it just comes naturally as a function of time.

21 is plenty young to start learning. It will suck and be very discouraging at first, but if you pay your dues I guarantee you will get over the hump of intermediate Japanese hell and it will all be downhill from there just like English when you were young.
>>
>>34348040
Lojban fails on many levels as an actual IAL. Esperanto isn't great, but it has a large group of speakers, most of whom are really nice and will let you couch surf as long as you arent a murderer/thief.
>>
>>34347893
Japanese is pretty simple if you can get around the alphabets.
No gendered nouns, consistent syntax. Subjects are implied contextually.

It has some weird shit like counters but it's easier to speak than English would be for someone who hasn't spoken it before.
>>
>>34348229
Sounds great desu
I assume Esperanto is popular with hippies and rainbows too?
Most of my friends are kind of hippies and some go to Rainbow Gatherings
>>
>>34348209
Spanish. Spanish will get you all the brown girls. They fuck like wildcats, too.
>>
File: image.png (223KB, 477x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
223KB, 477x480px
Guys quick what's the best way to learn Japanese. I live in the shit Midwest plains and there was no oprotunity to learn it in highschool or my Uni through classes. What is a good method/site?
>nb4 Rosetta Stone
>>
>>34348264
As much as I'd like to say no, absolutely yes
The goal for the language is world peace through communication. This attracts all sorts.
>>
>>34348004
No, it's more that once you turn about 12-15, your brain seals in a certain part.
Instead of learning language like you learn language, you begin learning it like a standard skill.
It's possible, but requires significantly more effort, and you will never achieve a native level at the language.
>>
>>34348323
Yeah, I wanna learn Japanese but I have no clue where to start.
>>
Any anons wanna learn together?
>>
>>34348323
>>34348606
>>34348835
I know a very simple way to learn Hiragana alphabet. I just need to learn sentence structure and actual words.
>>
>>34347893
>21
>Too late
You don't have anything to worry about, Anon. It's never too late to learn, and you're also far too young. Go learn japanese and be happy about it. Good luck, Anon.
>>
I really do wanna know, besides Uni and school is there any way to learn nip speak?
>>
>>34348973
Same here just finished up kana. I suggest checking out tae kim for grammar it's pretty easy to understand
>>
>>34348835
Sure! I'm on duolingo, currently learning French German Welsh Russian Esperanto and Spanish. Welsh isn't a language so much as a practical joke that got waaaay out of hans.
>>
>>34349427
Fug if only duolingo had japanese. Anyway where are you at right now with learning japanese?
>>
>>34349531
Me personally I am not the OP or any of the nipfags here. I don't care to learn Typewriter. takata takata desu dwsu
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.