[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good lie for a NEET to tell when someone asks him

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: images[1].jpg (3KB, 83x99px)
images[1].jpg
3KB, 83x99px
What's a good lie for a NEET to tell when someone asks him what he does for a living?

I'm 24 so school doesn't cut it
>>
Buying and selling things on ebay
>>
cosmetic toxicity guinea pig
>>
>>34346413
I'm 25 yo neet khv and I always tell people I work as a network admin
>>
won the lottery
>>
I say I do freelance webdev and a little copywriting and translation. It works because it's true.
>>
>>34346413

I always tell people I'm a writer and I'm just trying to get published. Either they think that's the most amazing thing ever and that I must be a creative mastermind (at least they pretend to just to be nice) or they think I'm weird and never talk to me again.
>>
>>34347199
Just say freelance anything.
>>
get a part-time job, 4 hours aday or something.
>>
i always say im working on TV, it was true for a month were i took a training to become a producer, failed because no money or contacts or will to work hard
>>
>>34346413
>i'm on 'e dole m8, hahaha
>>
I'm going to be blunt with you OP, you need a fucking job. Even if its part time bagging groceries or something. It just looks really really bad for a grown man not to be working. Even school is a bad excuse, you need to work. You need to grow as a person, meet more people, make a little pocket change. I got my first job at 24 and haven't looked back.
>>
There are plenty of 24 year olds in school you idiot.
>>
>>34347364
Fuck off normie

unoriginized
>>
say you're writing a novel
>>
>>34347364

You didn't really give any reasons why needs or could even want a job. Is this like that story about the fox that lost his tail?
>>
>>34347364
>need to grow as a person

>you can mature by doing tedious tasks for 50 hours a week

This is seriously what wagecuck normies think.
>>
>>34347425

If you want to dig yourself out of this pathetic hole you put yourself in, you need a job in your mid 20's my friend. What happens if you meet the perfect girl and she asks you what you do? Unless you have completely given up on life, you need to do something. You cannot afford to waste your mid 20's as a neet, its only going to get worse.
>>
>>34346413
Say you're a freelance mammas boy
>>
I tell them I do ecommerce because it sounds nice. I'm probably making less than half of minimum wage doing it though. It's just a supplement to my autismbucks.
>>
>>34346413
I say I'm a system administrator because I do spend most of my day administrating my own system.
>>
File: 1399168014774.jpg (11KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
1399168014774.jpg
11KB, 600x434px
>>34347460
>You cannot afford to waste your mid 20's as a neet, its only going to get worse.

32 year old neet here and confirming this. I am so fucked.
>>
>>34347460
Getting a job isn't going to make you any less pathetic. It makes no difference, except you're taking time out of your day so you can have a bit of pocket change you don't even need.

You're not going to win anyone over for having a job; it takes more than that.
>>
>>34347671

You still need a job, everyone except trust fund kids and stay at home moms works. A job can lead to other better jobs, work experience, meeting new people etc. Sitting at home and rotting is not good, you are wasting precious time. Will it change your life right away fuck no, but you grow as a person. I know I did. Good luck.
>>
>>34347460
OP here. I spent 3 years working at mcdonalds and people did not think any better of me then. Nor did I grow as a person.
>>
>>34347729
I worked at a job for a year and a half. My work ethic is definitely lower now than it was before.
>>
>>34346413
self employed desu

originalk
>>
>>34347460

Getting a job is wasting your mid 20s. A young man should be pursuing his passions and doing actually productive something. There's plenty of time to be miserable and working when you're in your 40s. Worst case scenario there's always the Smith and Wesson retirement plan.
>>
>>34347671
Getting a job isn't going to make you any less pathetic

Obviously it depends on the job. If you're going into retail or fast food it's a little demeaning but it's 10x better than total NEETdom with <$5,000 in savings
>>
>>34347256
freelance amateur masturbator
>>
>>34347729
You only need a job if:
A. You need the money
B. It gets you where you want to be in life, acting as a step in the process

I'm a NEET because I currently want nothing else in my life, and I have the money to support it. If that safety net breaks, then I will get a job so I have the money to support myself.

If I want something greater in life, and I find that I'm no longer satisfied with being a NEET, then I will take the steps necessary to achieve it.

Neither of those are the case, so you are wrong. I do not need a job.
>>
File: 1335858050410.png (46KB, 780x1000px)
1335858050410.png
46KB, 780x1000px
'Just trying to figure out what I enjoy doing, jumping between different things'

Though I just pretend that i'm looking for jobs and not getting responses.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.