[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Alphas and betas do not exist hurrrrr >hurrr we are not

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: tGT4B0n.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tGT4B0n.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
>Alphas and betas do not exist hurrrrr
>hurrr we are not wolves hurrrrrrrrrrrrr

Does anyone here actually think this? I notice that leftists especially think that alpha and beta is not real, and it's only about wolf packs.

But, if there is a dominant male in an area, women will flock to him. He is the 'alpha male' because he gets the women and rules over the other men. The other men are 'beta' because they are not totally useless, but they still serve the alpha in some way. They share the women among themselves and get the leftovers the alphas discard.

Tell me why you think alpha and beta don't exist.
>>
>>34344948

because the guy who made up the alpha/beta dichotomy in relation to wolves later said that wolf packs were based more on family units and were not explained based on some alpha male beta male type of situation, which means it has even less to do with humans

the truth is everyone can be an "alpha" or "beta" or whatever at certain times and certain situations
>>
>>34345039
>the truth is everyone can be an "alpha" or "beta" or whatever at certain times and certain situations
obviously it's about the context. you can be the alpha who beats the kids from your class but you still get beaten by the alpha dude from older classes that rule your school.
>>
>>34344948
>Does anyone here actually think this?

Right here. Social hierarchies in humans are much more complex, mostly because we aren't dumb fucking animals. Although given the quality of posts you see around these parts, you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise.
>>
>>34345039
I keep hearing people say that. The original study was based on wolves in captivity, and the author later discredited his findings because wolves in nature behave differently. But how does it change its applicability to humans? Clearly, we are not living in our natural environment.
>>
File: 1439298618412.jpg (134KB, 433x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439298618412.jpg
134KB, 433x480px
>>34344948
>he thinks alpha and beta still applies to humans
>>
>>34344948

Wolves are acting the same everywhere.

Humans on the other hand are acting totally differently from one country to another. Not long ago, eating each other or sacrificing men on top of funky pyramids wasn't unheard of.
In one country, the woman marry all brothers of a family. 5 brothers? Neat, she has 5 husbands.

The fact that a dominant man is a leader/oppressor is a tautology. If anything, it proves that we can get away from our original programming (which is likely to live in small clans, not know which kids is ours, sleep in a grotto and die before 20) and abuse the system. In most society, the system isn't entirely pyramidal and has transversal relations (for example, european priests are out of the normal hierarchy, not even a Raja can take the cows of a brahman, etc.).

Now, if we had to search for a hierarchy having similarity to ours, I would rather look at chimps or bonobo than wolves, even though it's hazardous at best to compare us with a different animal.
>>
>>34347011
I don't see the relevance of the system of society. We don't interact with most people in our society on a daily basis, so of course we don't have a linear dominance hierarchy across the entire society. But one microscopic scale, we are entangled in these hierarchies. Clearly, it is easier for us to escape one hierarchy and move to another, or excempt ourselves from these hierachies entirely. But we can't overcome it, if we join a new group, we won't be allowed to enter at the top of the hierarchy. And since women are more social out of necessity, they are more likely to be part of these hierarchies, and less likely to be attracted to someone who choses to not participate.
>>
>>34345283
>we aren't dumb fucking animals
lol
we literally are
>>
the certainly are brawny dominating man types and the women who fall for them
they easily meet and fuck because they make a lot of noise and commotion

and there are also slender shy man types and the women who fall for them
they do not easily meet and fuck because they're both playing hide and nobody is seeking
>>
>>34344948
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJvATG3bHbo
>>
>>34347011
fhanks for breaking the circlejerk and actually making a good argument
>>
>>34347824
all kinds of men can be attractive in some way, even if they're uggo. If women are ugly, they're fucked.
>>
File: paypa.jpg (71KB, 524x558px) Image search: [Google]
paypa.jpg
71KB, 524x558px
>>34347949

You have it reversed, funnily enough.
>>
>dude if you disagree with my specific brand of sociology then you're a liberal and probably a beta male lmao
really made me think
>>
>>34344948
Every mammal species has alphas and betas. Gorillas, chimps, wolves, humans, aboriginals, dolphins, lions, deer, elephants, horses. and everything else. They all do. It is basic science.
>>
>>34347949
Ugliness can be fetishized too. And men tend to be more lenient when it comes to rating attractiveness anyway. Here, men are twice as likely to not reproduce than women. So being ugly is much less of a death sentence for women than it is for men.
>>
there is a spectrum of alpha and beta behavior, some guys are more consistently alpha. people just deny it because they think they're a lot smarter then that (i've had conversations with people that don't even know they are a mammal). hurts peoples feelings to admit because everyone makes out alpha as good, beta as bad. it's like asking people a rhetoric question of what would you do in this situation and they talk about going all super street fighter and beating up someone when it's so far from reality it's just comical to hear.
>>
>>34344948
Because money trumps everything.
>>
>>34348089
But money doesn't come out of nowhere. If anything, it is seen as a certificate of your high social standing.
>>
>>34347776
Anyone that claims this doesn't understand how dumb most animals are
The most intelligent non-humans we've encountered are still typically dumber than we are as babies, long before our brains are fully developed
>>
>>34347949
oh fuck off you rostise whore
>>
>>34344948
I never spent so much energy thinking, talking or crying about any of it.
Probably because i am natural alpha as you say and not a little bitch who is obsessed with the hierarchy.

>tfw 40yo nazi manlet told my ex gf to check his new belt
>tfw stood very close with his crotch next to my ex gfs face
>tfw manlets gf said she would think something :weird: is going on if she wasnt sitting so close
>read a magazine, take a look at manlet, raise my eyebrows, look manlet in the eye and smile, go back to reading
>manlets gf smiles and keeps looking at me

About 3 weeks later

>sit with manlet and his gf in a pub
>manlets gf says
"Anyway anon, we have to get together sometime, just the TWO of us to REALLY talk about stuff in DEPTH", holds me by the arm as she says it
>manlet completely fucking loses it and starts making a scene like a little boy
"YEAH ANON!!!! DONT BE STUPID MAN, JUST GO and talk "IN DEPTH!!!!!" with her!!!
>laugh, his gf says she didnt mean in like THAT, he is pissy for the rest of the evening

2 weeks later
>manlets gf comes over while he and my ex are at work
>brings food, beer and weed
>smokes me out, gives me beer, cooks me dinner
>keeps leaning closer and closer to me
>i make a sneer at her
>going to change the music on the pc in the bedroom
>she follows me, takes me by the hand and says "wow, do you have a new bed? Looks comfortable for fucking"
>push her away cause i aint a fucking cheater

And thats just one example.
>>
>>34344948
>using every opportunity to rant about 'liberals' or 'leftists' incoherently, even if it has nothing to do with the topic
why are /pol/fags so obsessed that they literally can't discuss any topic without injecting? so cancer, we get it, you don't like liberals.
>>
>>34350220
more on things that never happened at 4 pm
>>
>>34348128
Yeah totally no rich recluses. That never happens.
>>
>>34350324
Why did his greentext offend you? Are you a manlet or a nazi?
>>
>>34349498
Suck my asshole faggot
>>
>>34350354
your story sounds fake and gay

>"wow, do you have a new bed? Looks comfortable for fucking"
who the fuck talks like this, kys with your weird little fantasies faggot
>>
>>34344948
The alpha/beta shit in humans is fucking gay just say "dominant male" actually I don't even know if that works because there's plenty of shit that Sheldon would do for Stacy that Chad wouldn't.
>>
File: eeeeh.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
eeeeh.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>34350324
>>34350429
1.I have no reason to make up stories like this anon.
2. I dont give a fuck what you think
3. But i am geniunely curious as to why are you so pissy about this. Seems to me like i unknowingly touched a nerve.
>>34350354
I bet you hit the nail on the head with the
>are you a manlet or a nazi
>>
>>34350429
I'm not the guy who made the greentext post but you just sound salty and bitter as fuck. Are you a manlet or a nazi?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.