[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>coworker attempts to make idle chitchat with me >cannot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1466124860312.jpg (35KB, 720x767px) Image search: [Google]
1466124860312.jpg
35KB, 720x767px
>coworker attempts to make idle chitchat with me
>cannot think of a single thing to say, even in response to basic small talk
>end up nodding and making a weird "hmm" noise and occasionally fake nervous laughing
put a bullet in my head
>>
why would you feel bad about it?
fuck people and their small talk.
next time tell them youre busy or "fuck off"
>>
>>34343005
FUCK THIS IS EXACTLY ME

HOW DO I STOP DOING THIS AND MAGICALLY NPT DRAW MENTAL BLANKS
>>
>>34343005
It just means that they think you were blowing them off.
You aren't a socially awkward fuck, you're just an asshole in their eyes.
You did alright, anon.
>>
>>34343005
>>34343077
Are we all the same person? My brain just turns off when people talk to me and I can't think of what to say
>>
>30 minutes later
>finally think of a good reply
>>
>>34343005
I can help you practice anon. Here, let's start with some basic lines people drop and you tell me your responses.

>Hey (anon), how was your day?
>Good morning. How are you?
>Do you have any plans for this weekend?

Now try and come up with a response. Take your time, this is just practice and there's no hurry.
>>
>>34343169
"good, how was yours"
"good, how are you"
this one I would panic, I don't do anything ever so I'd probably lie and soften it by saying "nah not really, what about you"

my therapist says it's good to ask people questions in return but I often can't think of any meaningful question because I'm uninterested or just not knowledgeable on a topic. I just restate their question and then my fuckin tank's empty.

I feel like people view me as unapproachable and weird because of how terse my answers are to everything. it doesn't help that I talk weird.
>>
>>34343255
I see. So your go-to tactic is to tactic is the switch conversation. It's not a bad idea to have people tell you about themselves but how has it worked for you so far? Has conversation started off it or do they just say "good" and move on?

It seems you got stuck on the weekend question so let's see how you do with these:

>How was your (time off, could be a vacation, extended leave, holiday or whatever)?
>Do you have any dreams?
>How's the family doing?
>>
>>34343369
>How was your (time off, could be a vacation, extended leave, holiday or whatever)?
"good" and if they asked what I did I'd say something like "ohhhhh not much yknow"
>Do you have any dreams?
I would not want to answer this one, I would probably say "no" with a haha to make it self-deprecating
>How's the family doing?
"they're okay" they're not okay but nobody wants to know that

I'm very, very, very uninteresting of a person
>>
When you say something autistic laugh it off
Just look at the mother of that 70's show if you know her. It helps you feel better and people like laughing its deeply imbued.
>>
>>34343417
It seems like all your responses lead to dead-ends, anon. At this point, it boils down to whether you want it to be that way or not. If that is your intention, it's fine. If you want to learn more about others, you can simply learn how to steer conversations that way without giving too much of you away and so forth. So when going into a conversation or short exchange with your co-workers, what is the first thing in your mind? Let's use the first 2 questions from the set of 3 I gave you as an example? Let's say the person you froze with last time asked you those.

>Hey (anon), how was your day?
>Good morning. How are you?
>>
Same here. If someone asks me how I am, I reply "good", and leave it at that. I don't ask them how they are, beacuse I truly don't care and I'm not going to bother pretended I do. I've accepted that I'm autistic and will be alone forever.
>>
File: 1469670981593.png (151KB, 422x508px) Image search: [Google]
1469670981593.png
151KB, 422x508px
>Awkward silence with coworker
>"H-Hey, so uh, you like t-things?"
I'm so fucking autistic
>>
File: IMG_0105.jpg (116KB, 786x812px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0105.jpg
116KB, 786x812px
>>34343169
>>Do you have any plans for this weekend?
No. [awkward silence]
>>
>>34343555
>Haha, you're so funny anon. Are you free this weekend?
>>
>>34343487
Not op but I start to get anxious when people approach me then my mind goes to shit and I can't keep a conversation going. I give the same kinds of answers
>>
The best way to make coworkers leave you alone is to tell them something really fuckin weird. Not weird enough to get reported though
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.