[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegan general all welcome, please no hate/shitposts from omnivores

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 16

File: philosopher.jpg (13KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
philosopher.jpg
13KB, 269x187px
Vegan general

all welcome, please no hate/shitposts from omnivores this is a safe thread
>>
>>34340970
Veganism is stupid and unhealthy
Whoops looks like I violated your safe space, maybe you should return to reddit.
>>
>>34340970
Do you consider swallowing cum a violation of being vegan? Why are most of the traps vegans anyway?
>>
>>34340970
Well you are acting like a faggot so might as well post ya boipussy M8
>>
ITT: Insecure meat-eaters feeling shame that they're too weak-willed and stupid to take up a righteous vegan diet
>>
>>34340999
>Why are most of the traps vegans anyway?
Leafy shit boost estrogen
>>
>>34340994
Give me scientific proof its unhealthy faggot.
>>
File: 1417563627379.png (404KB, 904x596px) Image search: [Google]
1417563627379.png
404KB, 904x596px
I eat 10 cows a weak! HA!
>>
Can i be a vegan if I only eat one juicy steak a month?
>>
Who here /forced vegan/?
I basically cannot afford animal products. I mostly buy vegetable oil oats and onions. I grow the rest myself. Only sometimes in spring I'll run low on fruit. It's no biggie though. There are always cheap onions at the store.
>>
>>34341267
>I basically cannot afford animal products.

eggs cost like 60 cents
>>
>>34341302
What are eggs good for? I get a kilo of oats for the price of an egg. That way I'll eat at least two days. An egg feeds me for a couple of hours tops.
>>
>>34340970
Veganism - because when a animal is smallenough, it does no longer count as a animal.

Thats right, think of all the bugs that die when crops are harvested or when you wash the dirt of your 100% ecological sallad. Animals die we are the cause. Dont eat chicken tho, poor creatures
>>
>>34340970
Are you a qt trap by chance? Or a sissy hottom?
>>
File: Untitled12324.png (394KB, 600x422px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled12324.png
394KB, 600x422px
>>34340970
I would eat a baby before a cow tbqh senpai
>>
File: ramsayram.jpg (15KB, 236x274px) Image search: [Google]
ramsayram.jpg
15KB, 236x274px
>>34341419
Nice strawman desu. Veganism is about reducing animal suffering within reason. I can easily avoid meat for the rest of my life. But I am actually reducing the amount of veggies that lead to frequent insect casualties in my diet.
>>
>>34341526
>veggies that lead to frequent insect casualties
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>34341404
Why not get both retard-kun?
>>
>>34341624
I already explained that I am poor.
I can't afford expensive food.
>>
>>34341582
Anything with pesticides or farmed by companies that support such practices.
>>
>>34341419
Veganism is about a lot of things anon, animal welfare is one of them.

However you are ignoring that animals raised for meat need to eat as well - in fact, a substantial percent of the grain and agriculture in this country goes toward their feed, well over 30%. If this interests you I would encourage you to do more research.

If the lives of insects in crops is your concern, then a vegan diet would be beneficial to you - this would minimize the amount of crops needed to sustain yourself compared to a diet with meat, therefore minimizing the loss of insect lives.

It's also important to consider that current research points towards insects not having what we would consider to be sentience, and not being able to feel pain in a similar form to how we feel pain. This is why many who look into alternative diets are suggesting insect based diets as one alternative to factory farming - much easier to produce with less land needed, little worry about the pain they could feel, and substantially less of an effect on the environment.
>>
>>34341144
>Can i be a vegan if I only eat one juicy steak a month?
Reducing the amount of animal products or meat you eat in any capacity is a good thing.

If you are vegan 99% of the time but splurge on one steak every month, you are still doing much better for the environment, your health, and the lives of animals than someone who eats meat every week.

Obviously, a full vegan diet would be better... but do what you can. Doing SOMETHING is better every time than doing nothing.

To those who are considering becoming ovo - lacto vegetarians ( vegetarians who eat milk and eggs): remember that the factory farming of cheese and egg products are just as harmful to the environment as meat products themselves. Just as much antibiotics and death of animals is needed to produce dairy products as is needed to produce meat products.

But any step towards cutting animal products out of your diet is a good one.
>>
I hope we extend animal farming to hippyfag dross as yourself. Human meat is pretty tasty apparently.
>>
>>34340999
Obviously this is a joke but since there's a misconception about veganism here I'm gonna answer anyways

Yes, humans are animals, and yes, a vegan diet does aim to reduce consumption of animal products, but it's important to remember the goal for which why vegans think this is important.

The consumption of breast milk, or cum, or blood, or any other human product, doesn't really affect human welfare whatsoever, and doesn't really cause any damage to the environment, and we don't eat such things in quantities necessary to have an effect on our health.

So nobody really cares about these things. Any vegan who is against the consumption of human breast milk likely doesn't have a good understanding of the goals of the vegan diet in the first place.

Let's say we lived in a world where people in poor parts of the world were enslaved and put into farms, where their blood was harvested for use in first world hospitals.

The protesting of such a practice - the forced harvesting of blood - by abstaining from treatment in those hospitals would be analogous to veganism.

In such a world, hospitals which use blood harvested from the poor may be widespread, this practice may be centuries old, but for the sake of a complete analogy, many such hospitals exist which with modern research have eliminated the need for harvested blood. These hosptials provide a similar quality of care, often times even better care, than that of hospitals which use harvested blood.

>>34342955
It's good that you have consistency in your ideology - there are many carnists who needlessly differentiate between animals such as dogs and pigs, or any other animals.

The intelligence argument has always been a kind of silly one - if a human being had the intelligence of a pig would meat eaters believe it to be ok to eat them?

If the only issue yoy have with eating retarded human meat is availablilty... maybe you should consider the morality behind your diet...
>>
>>34341624
can you not read
he literally explained why

buying grain and ugly veggies in bulk is the cheapest possible way to survive without issues with nutrition
>>
>>34341430
>Are you a qt trap by chance? Or a sissy hottom?
Neither

do you have any legitimate complaints about the vegan diet or no

The definition of liberal is: "open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values."

just because both vegans and LGBT people may be more open to new things than those with more traditional values doesn't mean that they are both the same group. The vast majority of vegans are not LGBT. The vast majority of LGBT people are not vegan
>>
>>34343403
Fuck off and stop defending your fuck buddy, FAGGOT
>>
File: Mmmm beef.jpg (112KB, 1100x825px) Image search: [Google]
Mmmm beef.jpg
112KB, 1100x825px
>>34340970
>this is a safe thread
Does 4chan really strike you as a safe space, snowflake?
Anyways, you wanna eat grass, be my guest. Pic related is why I would never do that...
>>
>>34343599
How about you stop insulting my boyfriend BULLY

>>34343605
lol, this isn't a safe space for your meat based garbage diet

you should realize the vast majority of people with plant based diets are prepared to talk about it

The fact of the matter is there is no legitimate argument you can make towards the diet you've been indoctrinated into since birth. The only reason meat persists when it's so objectively inferior is because of culture

You seem to understand this to some level which is why educated carnists who attempt to defend their diet can only do so by saying "B-B-BUT MUH TASTE!!!!!"
>>
>>34341089
This is exactly why I love whenever some carnist tries to attack veganism

they cannot form real arguments against veganism when the central tenets of the movement and/or diet are so sound, it's always semantics, some easily disprovable bullshit, whining...

I mean, at a basic level, it's as simple as thinking about the products you consume or use. Some body wash uses plastic micro beads which are harmful for the environment? Stop using that. That's pretty much veganism at play. Critically thinking about the products you use and the diet you have and making changes if necessary.

EVERY single one of those people who say "lol I eat a steak every time one of you faggots orders vegan food" are forced to think about veganism to some extent when they make those comments. And regardless of how much they complain they know at some level that we are right.

And when a carnist logically considers the arguments he/she is making and concedes to all else - yes, veganism is healthier, yes, it's better for the environment, yes, it's better for animals - when all they have left to say is that it tastes better...

It finally comes down to an issue of self control. Are you mentally strong enough to end your addiction? Do you have the will power? That's up to you.
>>
>>34343722
> the vast majority of people with plant based diets are prepared to talk about it
Probably because it's the only interesting aspect of their dull, dull lives
>>
>>34344232
>veganism is healthier
Strictly untrue

>it's better for the environment
Strictly untrue

>it's better for animals
In the sense we don't raise and slaughter them, but that's a largely irrelevant point when you consider that we raise plants and slaughter them for the same purpose.
>>
>>34341123
maybe ivory tower ideal veganism isn't unhealthy, but most vegans in the real world are constantly sick from lack of nutrients, probably worsened by the fact they have delusional hippie beliefs stemming from hinduism and new age, like attempting to live on sunlight
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5vSia_tLeI
>>
Maybe if vegans didn't have such a stick up their ass about people eating anything else others would be more willing to actually consider it.
Personally I eat meat, veggies, and fruits so I get a little bit of everything. Just don't be a retard about what you eat.
>>
>>34344232

>they cannot form real arguments against veganism

Humans have teeth specifically for cutting and tearing flesh which no herbivourous animal has. Human do not have the ability to digest the cell walls of plants which is something every herbivore can do. There's loads of other carnivorous features I could list but the aforementioned 2 alone prove we are not herbivores

Yeah there's no real argument...apart from reality.
>>
File: 1474064074208.png (68KB, 1305x892px) Image search: [Google]
1474064074208.png
68KB, 1305x892px
I knew I saved this for a reason. Enjoy taking your b12 pills lmfao
>>
>>34340970
How do I go vegan or at least vegetarian? I've been thinking about it for a while but have no clue how to start. It seems like I'd need to immediately start cooking every meal for myself, something which requires a lot of planning and foresight, and that's made a lot harder by currently living with my parents.
>>
>>34344665
I eat peanut butter sandwiches, pasta with tomato sauce, beans, rice, fruits, vegetables, nuts. its really easy
>>
>>34344362
Maybe ivory tower meat based diets aren't unhealthy (to some extent), but when we look at the real world we see a very different picture.

The average meat eater is unhealthy. The average PERSON is unhealthy.

The fact of the matter is, it's up to the individual to care about their diet and think about whether what they are putting into their mouths is good for them.

You are correct that the research is on our side. There is a substantial body of medical organizations which supports or encourages a vegan diet at all stages in life.

You are incorrect that most vegans are unhealthy - all modern research on this matter points towards the average vegan being healthier than the average meat eater. Dietary intake studies have shown that vegans, on average, are not getting the recommended daily intake of three nutrients: calcium, iodine, and vitamin B12. Using the same criteria. though, omnivores are deficient in seven nutrients: calcium, iodine, and five others. The average vegan lives 2 years longer than the average meat eater.

Obviously when discussing these stats it's important to understand they aren't the full picture, a vegan diet can mean a lot of things, perhaps vegans have healthier lifestyles on average along with their diets, there's many other factors. But any criticism that veganism is unhealthy has no grounding in the real world.
>>
>>34340970
I'm a vegetarian :)

original
>>
>>34344530
Okay. Bite threw a rabbit's fur into it's raw flesh and eat it. That's what your teeth were made for, right? That's what real carnivores eat.
>>
>>34340970
http://veganchowhound.com/rants/people-hate-vegans-freud-could-explain-why/
Read this if you don't understand why a lot of meat eaters hate us. >>34342955 is a very good example.
>>
Fuck off normies.
Sage.
>>
I'm a vegan but I'm too afraid to say it to my parents so I have to eat meat. So I guess I'm a trans-vegan.
I stay away from eggs and milk though. Fucking disgusting.
If I manage to move on my own someday I'll start being full vegan.
>>
>>34345004

You say that like you proved some kind of point.

You didn't.

Humans like all carnivores/omnivores can eat raw meat. However we discovered it's safer to eat it cooked, and it tastes better.

Try again.
>>
>>34340970
>>34341123
>>34344924
>You are correct that the research is on our side. There is a substantial body of medical organizations which supports or encourages a vegan diet at all stages in life.
Except it doesn't
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html
>http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>https://www.anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
>https://breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>https://authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
>http://www.saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>https://rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>https://deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>https://deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
>http://www.foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>https://deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>>
>>34345310
How exactly are vegans normies?
>>
>>34345491
You think the robot can have compassion for any other living organism than itself? Can a robot feel empathy for others? The same robot gorging itself on tendies, hot pockets, and mountain dew?
Veganism is a normie invention. A fad. Like emoshit. It's a way for normies to feel special and part of a community.
You don't belong here normie, gtfo.
>>
>>34345431
>For more than two million years we were primarily meat eaters
Fuck man. Nice sources ;D
>>
>>34345594
I'm vegan because animal products are fucking disgusting. Enjoy your milk pus, chicken perioids and rotting flesh.
>>
>>34345431
>The first two are some edgy blogspot.
Lol
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4

Pretty good speech for anyone interested
>>
>>34345594
I'm vegan because I hate society and what it does to the earth.

The gluttony of humanity sickens me, eating animal poducts is the normiest thing you could do, just like every other brainless drone being spoonfed torture and death on a daily basis

kill yourself carnist
>>
>>34345431
>Fuck man. Nice sources ;D
>Not reading
>>34345793
>The first two are some edgy blogspot.
>Lol
With legitimate sources you fag. Now are you going to legitimately address anything I posted or just continue to shitpost and shill a meme diet
>>
>>34346041
How about you actually post something of your own instead of pasting the same bullshit we've heard a million times, faggot.
>>
>>34345985
Technically speaking, humanity is bad for the earth. So why not make a difference and start with killing yourself?
>>
>>34341126

Well the average American eat 150% of the amount of annual meat eaten by his European counterpart.

It means that Americans could reduce their meat consumption by 33% and nothing bad would happen to them.

Notice that I'm not talking about a weird diet here, just eating as much meat as a brit or a german, it's totally doable.

I used to eat meat 2 times a day, but I began a year ago to replace it by fish or eggs for some meals, then to eat no meat one meal per week, then two, then three.
Now I only eat meat one meal out of two, others are either replaced by fish, egg, milk or nothing.
So far I saw no difference, no fatigue not even a loss of weight. I guess that I'm probably still eating an unneeded amount of meat.
>>
Personally, I think veganism is a pretty good moral choice. But that is the only argument it has going for it.

There is no concrete evidence that veganism is inherently better than a healthy, balanced, omnivorous diet. In fact, I'm inclined to believe veganism is actually very unhealthy in the long run. There are tons of reports of people going vegan and becoming sick because of B12 or some other nutritional deficiency.

Until artificial meat can be made, I will be eating meat and consuming other animal products. Keeping in mind to purchase the animal and environment friendly product whenever I can.

To those that are vegan I say: good for you. But stop trying to turn everyone else vegan with misinformation. It's potentially dangerous for their health.
>>
>>34346077
How about you quit being a whiny shitposing bitch every time your meme gets blown out and actually read what I post, faggot.
>>
File: ggndm9l.jpg (701KB, 2460x3588px) Image search: [Google]
ggndm9l.jpg
701KB, 2460x3588px
>>34345431
>Except it doesn't
...?

I said there is a substantial body of medical organizations which endorse veganism as a healthy diet, some of which also say that a vegan diet has health benefits over a meat based one. This isn't some opinion of mine, they actually do, you can look up every medical organization which endorses veganism or plant based diets just like I can.

These are organizations such as:
the USDA
>https://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/appendix-5/

The National Health and Medical Research Council
The Mayo Clinic (large hospital / medical research organization)

Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
>It is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits for the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. These diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes.

the ADA - American Dietetics Association
>vegetarian diets, including total vegetarian or vegan diets, are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases

Harvard Med School
>Traditionally, research into vegetarianism focused mainly on potential nutritional deficiencies, but in recent years, the pendulum has swung the other way, and studies are confirming the health benefits of meat-free eating. Nowadays, plant-based eating is recognized as not only nutritionally sufficient but also as a way to reduce the risk for many chronic illnesses.

I want to look into your sources, I really do, but it's hard to take them seriously when they look like this anon
>>
>>34346405
>It's potentially dangerous for their health.

You clearly don't know shit about the vegan diet, why say this?
Vegans are on average healthier than non-vegans. This is a fact.

Do you know where B12 comes from anon? B12 is a nutrient which humans generally get from bacteria that grows in the mud from which animals eat. In modern factory farms B12 is a supplement often added to animal feed.

Non-vegan food is fortified with B12. Vegan food can also be fortified with B12, as many milks are. B12 deficiency is definitely a vegan but drinking many brands of plant based milks fix this already as many are fortified.

At the end of the day it's up to you to be healthy, vegan or otherwise.
>>
You can get everything you need to survive from non-animal sources.
>>
>>34347244
>some of which also say that a vegan diet has health benefits over a meat based one.
>This isn't some opinion of mine, they actually do
>You are correct that the research is on our side.
I'll give you that it might ave been better for me to have said "it's not really,which it isn't". But the rest of that proves nothing. None of that proves vegan diets are healthier than meat based ones, because they in fact aren't, especially if you also include other foods in your diet. Just because medical organizations have fallen for the meme too doesn't meant veganisms healthier. The only thing they've proven is that they're not immune to memeing themselves and doing shitty research and shittily interpreting data. It also proves how easily immpressed you are that organization with acronyms can meme, ifyou so easily belive them and refuse to use logic, common sense and think for yourself as well as look all the reams of science proving how healthy meat is. Just because they also have long names doesn't mean that they can't bullshit
>I want to look into your sources, I really do, but it's hard to take them seriously when they look like this anon
Do or don't, it doesn't make meat any unhealthier and doesn't make me any less right. Making a choice to exclude meat from your diet isn't any healthier than including it. I don't care if they or you talk about it as a choice but when vegans threads and posts that postblantant lies and bullshit about eating meat are constanly shitposted and memed and vegans in them are so santimoniuosly up their own ass about their diet being "healthier" and anything but a basic personal choice is where there's a problem and if you ant to talk about what should'nt be taken seriously
>>34348290
>Vegans are on average healthier than non-vegans. This is a fact.
No it's not. Unless you want to exclusively compare those vegans to the fatasses that east the SAD
>>
File: moonface.jpg (117KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
moonface.jpg
117KB, 500x501px
>>34348421
If veganism is just a personal choice and you want vegetarians/vegans to fuck off, then why are you in here throwing a fit about it? I think you're feeling more insecure or guilty about your eating habits than you're ready to admit.
>>
>>34348421
I think I get the point you are trying to make anon, however you are ignoring all the other reasons why people go vegan.

Yes, you are right, if properly planned, a meat based diet can be as healthy nutritionally as a vegan one. Neither diet is dangerous to anyone as long as it is properly planned.
(that is, of course, ignoring the carcinogenicity of meat. Red meat and processed meat are both classified as Group 1 and Group 2A carcinogens according to the World Health Organization, respectively. Remember that over 40% of people will develop some form of cancer in their lives, much more than before - the rise of cancer incidence in the last century coincides with the rise of meat in the average person's diet for some reason... obviously there are many other factors but you cannot deny this is one.)

At the end of the day there are many foods which can meet a human's dietary needs. However, of these two kinds of foods - animal products and non-animal products - which one can you not survive without? Millions of people are living healthy, productive lives without the use of animal products. Can you do the same without plant based products?

You are correct, being vegan is a personal choice, but what you don't realize is that it is the sum total of all those little daily personal choices people make which can leave big, lasting changes on the Earth. And vegans are making a quantifiable difference. It doesn't take much more than looking in a British supermarket to see the effect vegans are having.

Very few people go vegan for health reasons strictly - personally while I do feel it is a legitimate reason to become a vegan it is by far one of the weakest ones. Is a vegan diet healthier? Undeniably. But it's not gonna change your life. It's just food like the food you eat every day, except without animal products.

>No it's not. Unless you want to exclusively compare those vegans to the fatasses that east the SAD
Not exclusively, but they contribute.
>>
>>34348421
>fatasses that east the SAD
what does this even mean btw
>>
>>34349080
I was trying to say unless you want to exclusively compare them to fatasses that eat the standard American diet
>>
>>34349232
Ok I am not really understanding your opinion on veganism. It seems you agree that it's healthy but still have issues with it.

Do you have any concerns with the vegan diet not related to health? If so what are they?
I would be happy to address them although I do have to leave for work soon, maybe someone else will if I can't
>>
>>34344286
>Strictly untrue
Studies show that vegans live longer than meat eaters?
>>
I've been vegan for 10 years.

I take no supplements and I have no vitamin deficiencies and have been been sick in that time frame.
>>
>>34341302
>eggs
Enjoy your diabetes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y96iiU31ySs
>>
>>34344286
any meat eater who unironically believes that meat could possibly be better for the environment than a plant based diet could be has no real argument to make, they clearly have not put even the slightest amount of thought into how their food is made

Unlike with the health arguments or the argument of the morality of meat eating, which require research into the health effects and philosophical discussion and/or research into the nature of animal intelligence or sentience, the environmental argument is very clear cut and simple.

Animals need to eat. If we eat animals they first need to eat plants. If we eat plants directly we can grow less plants.

This isn't rocket science.

Is monocrop agriculture damaging to the environment? Sure. And animal agriculture, which MUST RELY ON THIS AS WELL, is undeniably more so.
>>
File: fat_people_on_scooters_171.jpg (215KB, 674x506px) Image search: [Google]
fat_people_on_scooters_171.jpg
215KB, 674x506px
>>34349561
B-B-BUT HOW DO YOU GET YOUR PROTEIN???
>>
>>34349561
Cool, when did you start being a vegan and what made you make the change to your diet? Any event in particular?

What's your favorite vegan dishes?
>>
>>34350222

I went vegan at 17 after seeing videos of factory farm abuse online.

Vegan tendies
>>
>>34350325
did you have any trouble becoming a vegan? did you become vegetarian first and then vegan?
>>
>>34341267
Yeah whats up, also forced basically
I fell for the meme 2 years ago and cant break it without feeling guilty because I lost a lot of weight.
Sigh man

The forced part was doing it to appease two friends
>>
>>34351435
lol
whether or not you actually believe veganism is a meme it's a good thing it helped you at least
>>
>>34344286
>but that's a largely irrelevant point when you consider that we raise plants and slaughter them for the same purpose.
...which is a largely irrelevant point when you consider that we raise and slaughter animals for this purpose

we must eat plants for survival
we do not need to eat meat to survive
>>
File: seiga_3.gif (865KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
seiga_3.gif
865KB, 500x500px
Hey Veganbots I'm a vegetarian, but I eat eggs and I cheat once in a while with some chicken or fish
And I'm considering possibly going a bit more towards the vegan side of things. At least cutting out eggs. What are some good ways to get protein at breakfast without using fatty animal products? I know the obvious is oatmeal. But I don't want oatmeal every day lol
>>
>>34353081
potatoes and beans and shit are good
>>
File: qt.jpg (65KB, 400x417px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
65KB, 400x417px
>>34353081
If you don't live in 'murica, cereal. Although that isn't much different from oats. Vegan pancakes and waffles are also quite good.
>>
I'm a vegetarian who doesn't drink milk or eat eggs due to severe food allergies. I also have fairly bad seasonal allergies. The only 'animal' product I consume regularly is honey, which my allergist very strongly recommended to me as local honey contains the allergens that will be commonly found here and work similarly to a vaccine (but not exactly). Now I could spend more money on anti-histimines that work worse than the honey does, but still do something to help. Should I give up the honey in attempts to be considered a vegan?
>>
File: 1459475198139.jpg (69KB, 736x942px) Image search: [Google]
1459475198139.jpg
69KB, 736x942px
>>34355088
>Should I give up the honey in attempts to be considered a vegan?

I don't think many vegans care about honey, myself included.

I also don't think many vegans who truly care about what veganism entails give two shits about the label, it's the actions which count, not what you call yourself. You are a vegan in my book. (honey vegans are a thing, that's what you are, not a vegetarian)

Regardless of whether or not the label of vegan is important, if you are just asking whether honey is considered vegan in general, well, I think it depends on who you ask.

There are those who are vegan for environmental reasons who would consider the consumption of insects to be vegan, as well as the consumption of sessile bivalves such as mollusks to be vegan.

I am fine with this, or at least I have no moral qualms with this, these organisms cannot really be considered animals on the same level as something like even a rat or especially not something such as a cow or a pig. And obviously the consumption or farming of insects would affect the environment much less than the factory farming we have now.
The farming of sessile bivalves such as mollusks could even be said to be a net positive on the environment.

However there are also vegans who are much more concerned with the animal welfare side of the argument who may be more critical of the consumption of animal products in any form, including honey.

They have a very valid point which you should consider - animal products, including honey, are simply NOT necessary for sustaining life or even thriving as a human being. It does sound like there are some particulars of your situation which would complicate this, as your health is most definitely the highest priority when considering your diet.

So, in conclusion, I guess it ultimately falls upon you - what does being a vegan mean to you? Why are you a vegan? Can you justify cutting out honey in your situation without a negative impact on your health?

hope that helps
>>
>>34354511
>If you don't live in 'murica, cereal.
wait is cereal in other parts of the world different than cereal in the US?
>>
>>34345594
>frogposting faggot thinks he is in any way shape or form a robot
fuck off my board pls
>>
meat tastes bad
>tfw to smart for meat
>>
File: meat.jpg (29KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
meat.jpg
29KB, 500x344px
>>34356358
how could you say something like this tastes bad anon
>>
>>34356255

More likely to have a ton of added sugar I'm guessing? You don't realize how common it is until you try to find a cereal without sugar and can't find shit until you just take the plain oats that has one ingredient, oats.
>>
File: aliensvisitme.jpg (181KB, 550x517px) Image search: [Google]
aliensvisitme.jpg
181KB, 550x517px
>>34340970
Is he our guy
gyufg6fg8fvg80
>>
>>34355088
Don't worry about it. I'm vegan and stay away from honey, but locally sourced honey is pretty okay. Not eating honey is one of the least significant and most debated parts of the diet, so it isn't too important.

Keep it up.
>>
Hi to all new vegans here!

I am very slow to transition from vegetarian to vegan.

Still very occasionally use honey and dairy.
>>
>>34340970
>safe thread
>>>Tumblr
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.