[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious discussion. Do you think a woman could truly appreciate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

Serious discussion.

Do you think a woman could truly appreciate the artistic integrity of Evangelion? Or do you think a lot of shinjis struggles and complications would be lost on them?
>>
File: shinji.jpg (17KB, 335x378px) Image search: [Google]
shinji.jpg
17KB, 335x378px
>>34338636
Sure, no women can emphatize with Shinji's inner struggles and his fate
>>
>>34338636

I tried to watch Evangelion twice during my current lifetime. I failed both time to go past episode 7. This is just boring. I don't see whatever people see in it.
>>
File: smokeythrill.jpg (123KB, 678x345px) Image search: [Google]
smokeythrill.jpg
123KB, 678x345px
>>34338768
Around episode 7-12 is the slowest episodes in the show I think. If you can push past that than you will really see why it's great

The ending is super confusing too but the movie redeems everything
>>
bumpacdascasc
>>
>>34338636
Simply no they can not
never ever
>>
>>34338636
Yes.
I know a woman who understood it far better than I did at first. She explained it to me in a way I never thought possible.
>>
Evangelion is overrated
>>
>>34341090
You didn't get it
>>
No. Not nromies either.
Not because i hate women like most of r9k.
But they can't understand Shinji's struggles.
>>
>>34338768
>>34341090
I thought it was garbage until "The End of Evangelion".
It was worth the wait imo
>>
>>34338636
LOL NO

women cant appreciate anything art related
>>
>>34338636
Repeat after me: Anime is Cancer
>>
>>34342154
>I hate anime
>But I LOVE anime image boards
>>
>>34342154
Sorry to break it to you but if you don't at least like some anime, you don't belong on this website. Maybe somewhere like reddit is more your speed.
>>
evangelion is pseudo intellectual bullshit and it's only redeeming factor was the christian imagery, and even that was basically only there to look cool and didn't have any real meaning
>>
File: 1484958295484.png (524KB, 588x726px) Image search: [Google]
1484958295484.png
524KB, 588x726px
>>34338636
I know this is bait but

>gets to pilot a giant organic robot
>spends all his spare time with women or listening to music
>in decent physical shape, no missing limbs or deformities
>objectively wealthy and never has to worry about starving or shit like that

m-muh struggles, right, 3deep5u?
>>
>>34342902
You didn't get it either
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 251x201px
>>34342944
Wow anon, it's almost like being wealthy and being surrounded by girls doesn't solve all your problems. In fact, plenty of his suffering is caused by the women he's around

>Gets to pilot a giant robot
Yea because that worked out so well for the pilots in the end
>>
>>34342949
theres nothing there to get.
>>
>>34338636
No. I tried watching it with a girl once and in between episodes I tried telling her about the implications of shinji feeling safe and familiar inside his Eva, how all men subconsciously want to fuck their mothers at some point in their life and she started crying and told me to get the fuck away from her.
>>
>>34342944
Piloting the Eva only ever hurts shinji. He is either in constant literal pain or hurting because of the terrible things he has to do. Not to mention everyone expects him to do it because he's doing something bigger than him. That's one of the big themes. Why should I help save humanity if all anyone r get brings me is pain.

>surrounded by women

Imagine being surrounded by women an not having a single reason to believe any of them care about you. Maybe there is reason, but shinji can't see it and it hurts. As of episode 3, Rei likes shinji's father and give versa more than either like him.

>>34342902
You've made a tremendous mistake. I suggest you take time to watch it and carefully think of the motivations of each character for each of their action. You might be able to get something out of it. Dismissing something that so many people find depth in only hurts you.
>>
Eva is hipster shit
>>
>>34342944
Woman/norman detected.
>>
So far, I only talked with two women who have watched it (both were classmates in the same years. One was 14/15, the other when I was 19).

First one shittalked it and said it was all just cliche after cliche after I recommended watching Eva instead of Naruto. Highly doubt she even watched it, honestly, but I'll give her the benefit.

Second one seemed to like it, probably because she also was all fucked in the head. Couple months later we started dating and it didn't last more than 4 or 5 weeks. For the record, I'm one of those guys that love Evangelion to death because I can see myself in Shinji. I've never found a character as relatable as him.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.