[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be German in USA >arrive 2 days ago >decide to order

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 19

File: pizzaguy.jpg (251KB, 815x589px)
pizzaguy.jpg
251KB, 815x589px
>be German in USA
>arrive 2 days ago
>decide to order 13$ dollar pizza
>delivery guys comes
>give him 15$
>he says "thanks"
>I say "you are welcome, the cost was 13$ right?"
>"yes, oh you want change?"
>"of course"
>he gives me 2$ and leaves

I thought the tipping obsession of American delivery people was a meme, but turns out it was completely true.
>>
>>34336019
Thats how they make money you cunt
>>
>>34336032
the cost was 13$, no one said anything about paying extra 2$
>>
enjoy your saliva topping next time you order from the same place
>>
>>34336032
>The customer should have to pay a random amount extra because the person CHOSE a job which doesn't pay them

I'm American and I feel no remorse. Tipping culture should be dismantled. Want to get paid for your job? Get a job that pays you. Simple as that.

I honestly don't give a shit if the price of pizza or restaurants go up if that means the employers have to actually pay their employees instead of passing the buck onto the customer.
>>
>>34336057
I found it rude that he was expecting me to give him 2$ without asking first, which is why I am not buying anything from that place anymore.
>>
>>34336019
even in germany you tip your pizza guy. and if you cant afford it, dont order pizza.
>>
>>34336121
thats not true however
>>
>>34336076
They will be glad to lose you
>>
Tipping is usually included in the cost of the meal anymore. Additionally, employers are required by law to pay their employees if they're base salary plus tips does not equal minimum wage.
>>34336076
Hans, you do realize this means loterally nothing to that guy right? There are tons of other customers. Additionally, its possible he assumed you weren't a massive kike.
>>
>>34336180
ausser natuerlich man hat juedische Wurzeln, da hast du Recht
>>
>>34336019
You literally made that poor guy do a free delivery. He doesn't get paid, you German fuckstain.
>>
>>34336076
>I found it rude that he was expecting me to give him 2$ without asking first, which is why I am not buying anything from that place anymore.

This is the assumption everywhere that delivers, because tipping is the norm here. Deal with it.
>>
>>34336180
Ich wette du gibst Frisoeren auch kein Trinkgeld, Unterschichtler.
>>
File: 1441660725775.jpg (202KB, 1216x912px) Image search: [Google]
1441660725775.jpg
202KB, 1216x912px
The only thing that's considered rude when paying the delivery guy is if you tip him below a dollar.
Either be a scrooge, which he will understand or tip him normally, which he will like.
>>
File: 1462912672911.png (9KB, 310x174px) Image search: [Google]
1462912672911.png
9KB, 310x174px
>infest yourself into foreign 1st world country
>refuse to conform to local customs because "I don't do this my own country so I refuse to do it here"
>>
>>34336032
You utter retard.

Pizza deliverers here earn plenty of fucking money. Most of them are in school / college anyway and don't even need that much. Like they make a ludicrous amount of money for being in school.
>>
>>34336425
don't try to impersonate a German
>>
as someone who is friends with a pizza delivery boy who always talks about the people who dont tip or over tip I can say that although they definitely dont like when you dont tip, its only the ones that frequently dont tip and order a lot that they really hate.
>>
>>34336473
If he doesn't get paid then why is he working a job that doesn't pay him

He needs to stop being such a cuck and get a real job
>>
File: 1475411635965.png (396KB, 766x765px)
1475411635965.png
396KB, 766x765px
>tfw I pay with debit or credit card an there are no tips included
retards saying the tip is the only income of the delivery man are bullshitting
that would be illegal
>>
>>34336069
This ensures that wealthy people get better service though. Don't you realize this country isn't for you poors? You're just here to be exploited by us and to serve us. If you don't do a good enough job of serving us, no money for you!!
>>
>>34336527
What's happening in that pic?
>>
>>34336565
Go back to israel.
>>
>you have to pay wageslaves extra just so they can have decency like a proper human

truly the endgame of capitalism
>>
>>34336625
yeah commie you are right

decency means buying iphones and macs

ohyeah.jpg

protip: they work because they want
>>
Every time you tip you support the greedy bullshit where these companies get away with paying their employees less to force non taxed tips into their salary.

Anyone working in the service industry might loathe you forever for not tipping but this whole exploit needs to go.
>>
>>34336596
Your the one in the country run by Israel, the Jews control America you jew loving cuck
>>
>>34336581
Japanese Adult Video Star selling her DVDs in person on the sidewalk.

Experience a wonderful First Date with this bishoujo complete with happy ending, for only $5!
>>
>>34336862
And the new emperor of America takes his orders from Israel. America, land of the cucks.
>>
>>34336714
I used to work as a Loader for a very large, very busy home improvement store. I'd frequently be called to load tons of fucking heavy shit for people into their cars. A brand new dishwasher, sure just let me pick that up and put it in the bed of the truck for you. 3 dozen bags of 50lbs of cement, sure no problem let's get that into the back of your work van. You want me to take that refrigerator up a flight of narrow stairs? No problem!

My boss literally banned tipping. I was not allowed to accept tips or I would be fired. Most people work a whole fucking lot harder than delivery boys and waiters, but they're paid a lot less and don't have the privilege of receiving tips.
>>
>>34336565
what? if you have a job you get paid that's how it works. you get paid for every hour you work.
>>
>>34337057
The anon I replied to said he didn't get paid, so I said he should get a job that pays instead of working for free like the other anon said he was
>>
>>34336939
Fuck, must be degrading
>>
>>34337146
There's a lot of pressure to succeed in Japan. For example, some "Idols" and "models" whose popularity is suffering have to shoot lewds to try to regain some viewership. This naturally transitions into JAV.

JAV itself is pretty degrading, this is in particular is used as a punishment for unpopular actresses whose lewd videos still aren't selling well.

>who'd have thought it's not all candies and cupcakes in the sex industry
>>
>>34336057
>>34336032
how are you guys so salty? I know, youre living in shit murica. Deal with it
>>
>>34336019
I would have loved to see his ameri-fat face when you didnt respect his shit culture by rewarding him for doing his job.
>>
>>34336032
Then they should revolt against their shitty companies and 3rd world country with no real care whatsoever for its people, not my fault if you'd rather pay taxes for creating wars all over the world instead of paying for services that come back to you like healtcare and decent minimum wage
>>
>>34337437
B-but it's c-commnunism

Freedom ain't free
>>
File: 1484103919087.jpg (205KB, 843x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1484103919087.jpg
205KB, 843x1034px
>go to chinese restaurant
> Bill is $12 but I threw in $20 for a tip for the waitress
>sir, you put too much
> I know. It's a tip.
>didn't have foresight and she probably wouldnt have been able to keep the money and probably was forced to give it to her boss
>>
>>34336019
Because of the shitty tipping tradition on America, the law says an employer is allowed to pay them less than minimum wage. The law fucked them over and we're expected to pick up the slack.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/tip-pooling-credits-service-employees-29804.html
>>
Delivery drivers and waitresses the most entitled pieces of shits the world has seen. I hope they all lose their jobs.
>>
>>34337791
That is a MYTH. It's a LIE perpetuated by entitled shits. In FACT employers are REQUIRED to make up the difference and pay a MINIMUM WAGE if they don't get enough tips. Which they ALWAYS DO, because those jobs are EXTREMELY OVERPAID.
>>
>>34336019
I am scared if I don't tip that they'll hold a grudge and the next time I get pizza from them my shit will be fucked with. I don't tip more than a couple bucks tho unless the weather is crazy. If I wanted a really good deal they would only be left with less than a dollar tip but that's as bad as not tipping.
>>
File: 1473929415456.jpg (21KB, 640x559px)
1473929415456.jpg
21KB, 640x559px
>>34336032
Toppest of all keks! Why the fuck would anybody work at a job like that? They are not even proper wagies!
>>
>>34336019
i never tip here in mexico
pizza its already too expensive to waste it on deliverer tips
>>
File: CduDMAzVIAAoZsx.jpg (39KB, 600x717px) Image search: [Google]
CduDMAzVIAAoZsx.jpg
39KB, 600x717px
>mfw Americans actually defending tipping
i thought it was just a meme
>>
>>34336019
This thread reminds me of that scene in reservoir dogs where they are arguing about tipping the waitress or not.
>>
>>34337708
>7 dolar tip for 12 dollar meal
Fucking idiot stop being a fucking perverted creep

>>34337015
My place (local supermarket) bans tips too (we have baggers). Then customers complain when they can't tip us. If they want to complain take it to corporate. Yelling at small time employees won't change anything. People have resorted to throwing their money at us and we can't out foreign money into registers so that's p much the only way we can take it without getting in trouble.

But then we have fucking creeps tipping teenage girls 20-30 dollars as cashiers while tipping their fedoras and making them do as little work as possible
>>
I'm going to make a pizza
>>
>>34336076
This is the most autistic shit I've ever read
>>
>>34336019
Here ya go this is how I feel about tipping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ
>>
For those who don't know, certain jobs in america pay less than minimum wage on purpose with the intent of making back the difference (or more due to excellent service)
Tipping is very stupid and I believe it to be a relic of a simpler time when the customer truly wished to support their favorite employees directly. Of course, today it's more about struggling to get by; that is, if you're not a woman. Women make RIDICULOUS amounts in tips. If you ever have a waitress, don't tip her. She probably makes more than you just for being born pretty.
>>
>>34336121
Not true, you only tip for exordinary service in Germany and simply doing your job by carrying food from A to B does not constitute that.
>>
I went on holiday to Turkey a couple of years ago and this douchebag took my stuff up to the room even though I didn't want him to, then just stood there until I tipped him. Because I'd only just arrived I had no change and it cost me like 5 pounds. Fucker knew what he was doing
>>
>>34337015
Then get a better job you fucking retard, no one said you had to take a labor job for shit cash.

>inb4 hurr durr this is the only job I can get cuz reasons
You're only limiting yourself by saying that shit
>>
>>34336019
at least some ethiopian taxi driver cunt didn't tip himself 5 fucking pounds because he noticed you're a foreigner
>>
>>34336032
no.

it's how they make more than min wage.

but they didn't apply to a job that should be more than min wage.

if they don't like the wage they can legally make wages higher.

tipping ACTSHUALLYYY has nothing to do with making money just for doing their job. it's supposed to motivate the guys on the workers end and make you feel good on the other. if everyone is tipping except black people, nobody gets motivated and you don't feel good about tipping, you just feel shitty about not tipping. americans are cucked beyond belief on this one.
>>
>>34336032
Here's the story: for a tipped wage position, you get paid half minimum wage per hour plus tips. If half minimum wage per hour plus tips earns you less than what you'd earn at full minimum wage per hour during the pay period, then your employer has to make up the difference. So, tipped employees, like regular wagecucks, are guaranteed an hourly minimum wage. The appeal of tipped wages is that you have the potential to earn much more than the minimum wage. The problem is employers get mad if they are constantly having to make up the difference because you are underperforming on tips.
Taking the pizza example:
>on average, 2 deliveries an hour, 25 minutes round trip plus 5 minutes pickup/delivery for each.
>$3.75 base minimum wage per hour
>$3.75 in tips per hour needed to make full minimum wage
>needs to average about $1.88 in tips per delivery to make full minimum wage
>>
>>34338226
>don't give some good-for-nothing extra cash
>''Wow autism''
>>
>>34338642
No, the fact that he said "Without asking"

What the fuck?
>>
>>34338349
Honestly there are tons of places (that aren't food service) that BAN tips for some reason. I made a post before saying how customers tip then complain because we are forced to refuse.

Tip for good service should be allowed anywhere. But probably because men will tip girls based on their appearance, and ignore hardworking men and non-dolled up women it would probably cause an unfair amount of wages. Leading teenage girls living extravagant lives with psuedo sugar daddies
>>
>>34338655
>dude please give tips
>nah, I'm not gonna ask you though
>>
I see tipping as charity. Whenever I get a bumbling robot as a server or delivery boy, I throw him a twenty to keep him from hanging himself with an extension cord.

Unfortunately, it's only really the lower middle class that tips well. Middle to upper class people always tip like shit.
>>
Actual delivery driver for pizza here, been doing it 3 years.

It's generally rude to not ask the customer if they want change back. Some people just don't tip and that's their choice.

A $2 tip is on the lower end. Generally nothing worth looking forward to.

We do make some money, but only enough to cover gas. If nobody tipped, we'd be going home losing money.

Tipping is a shitty system made to punish both customers and employees so the corporations can make more money and pay employees less and keep them wage slaves dependent on luck for income.

If you don't like it, don't order pizza, or pick it up. I don't and I always just pick up from the store since I hate tipping, and I hate being married to it even more.

If everyone tipped $3 per delivery I'd make about minimum wage, a little less at the end of the week after gas.

If everyone tipped $4, I'd make about $9-10-11 an hour based on distance.

If everyone tipped $5+, etc

$5+ is generally considered big.
>>
>>34338837
do you or your coworkers spit on regular customers that don't tip's pizzas though?
>>
>>34338898
Yes, I also cumed on one pizza
>>
>>34338898
Never under any circumstances. It's unprofessional and anyone with a phone or observant eye can make your life hell for it. The worst I ever do is just give them a cold attitude when delivering.

Of course, almost all the time, it's niggers who don't tip. That or middle classers who have BMWs and Mercedes sitting in their parking and million dollar homes.
>>
>>34338837
I tip $1 on every order because I am poor as shit, but I rarely order these days and go out of the way to meet them at the street instead of expecting them to buzz in, take the elevator and find my door.

How much do the drivers hate me?
>>
>>34338705
Why give charity to those who don't deserve it.
Why reward failure?
Why not tip your financial advisor, who is actually more useful to you than some deliverer.
>>
>>34338961
Probably a lot, to us a $1 might as well have been meaning. It's that point in between $0 and "lol you don't deserve a cent fuck you cuck" and $2 "oh yeah I guess you did something here you go you worthless slut"

Just pick up from the store, it's cheaper for you anyway, you save $3 on the delivery fee
>>
File: 1397624457183.png (413KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1397624457183.png
413KB, 720x720px
Tipping by default is such a shitty concept.

Boss pays me jackshit? The customer better pay me back the difference! It's bullshit. Why do only restaurants get away with not paying their employees? Imagine if this happened anywhere else

>Hurrdurr you'd better tip if you want your mail
>Hurrdurr you'd better tip if you come to my cash register
>Hurrdurr you'd better tip if you attend my classes
>Hurrdurr you'd better tip if you want that fire put out

Literally kill yourself
>>
>>34339062
I don't have a car or I would.

Can't walk there and back without it getting cold.

Sorry, mate.
>>
>>34339107
That's tough. I mean the drivers won't refuse to deliver, it's our job to, but it's just really defeating to take a delivery you're losing money on.

Why not learn how to cook instead? It's a LOT cheaper than ordering pizza all the time.
>>
>>34337414
>2 dollars is a reward for doing his job when some places make their employees pay for their own gas

Literally end your life.
>>
>>34336069
>tipping goes away
>companies have to pay drivers minimum wage
>price of pizza goes up

One way or another you're paying for it
>>
>>34337885
>He actually believes this.

There's a reason servers make a big deal about not getting tips.
>>
>>34339153
If it makes it better, I only live like 5 minutes away from most delivery places by car, but long enough by foot to make it unfeasible (Thanks urban sprawl!)

So are you saying not tipping is better?

How much does "Don't spit in my food" cost if not a dollar?
>>
>>34339104
See
>>34339159

I know you guys are NEET, but are you literally retarded? If tipping goes away, wages go up and therefore the price of the meal will increase.

Tipping lets the restaurant keep costs down, lets the waiter make more than he would make on minimum wage, and lets the customer choose how much they want to tip. This is on top of the obvious benefit of encouraging better service.
>>
>>34339159
I'd rather pay more for a pizza and not have to worry about drivers vandalizing my food or guilting me in some weird extension of a shady legal loophole, dude.
>>
>>34339226
No one is going to vandalize your food. Food tampering is a federal felony.
>>
>>34338694
You don't ask for tips. Are you autistic? It's legitimately 2 dollars. It's not like theyre asking for $20 dollar tip on a $13 pizza.
>>
>>34339267
No intelligent person, sure.

But the number of times that people get fired for openly posting shit like them licking taco bell taco shells or jump-roping with jimmy john's dough makes me unsure of how intelligent the average minimum wage pizza worker really is.

Killing people is a felony. How many murders happen in the US?
>>
>>34339313

I worked in food service a very long time and I have never once seen anyone do that stuff, or even heard of it happening. I'm sure it does happen, but I find it extremely unlikely a driver would do anything to your food, besides most places you don't even write in a tip until after the food is received.
>>
>>34339267
Dude, are you a meme?

I work delivery and if I get a repeat customer who doesn't tip or tips badly I spit in their food all the time before getting to their house. Do you know how hard it is to spot a bit of saliva on a greasy pizza?

Turns out i'm not in prison yet.
>>
>>34336019
Hey OP, if you're still here, i'm genuinely curious.

Why are you in the US?

How do you like it so far, honestly, outside of the tipping stuff?

I know on the internet countries meme at each other constantly but i'm curious.
>>
>>34339159
>>34339203
Do you really believe every restaurant will jack up their prices by the same rate? Or that people won't just go to restaurants that remain priced reasonably? The market will fix this shit by itself.

The expensive places will just get very little sales until they can work out a proper balance between meal price vs how many employees they're paying. This isn't rocket science

Literally every other retail store and fastfood joints can manage without tips, yet it's the fucking end of the world if restaurants cannot have tips. Meal prices will increase by twelve billion percent!!!!!
>>
File: pepe_stylish.jpg (83KB, 600x696px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_stylish.jpg
83KB, 600x696px
>>34339351
>WAHHH WAHHH!! THEY WONT GIVE ME MUH TIPS!!

stay mad ragie wagie :)
>>
>$13 for a pizza

Jesus fucking Christ, that's a fuckton of money
>>
>>34336019
Tipping for a delivery driver is 70% of their pay
>>
>>34338967
>I don't know how jobs/society works: the post
Holy shit, kill yourself.
>>
>>34338617
>$3.75 minimum wage
What the fuck...
>>
>>34338528
The problem is that tips were hijacked as a method of lowering overhead and thus tipped positions are severely underpaid. The motivating factor for employees is still there, but it is diminished when the culture feels obliged to tip. It's like participation trophies now, where even mediocre service is rewarded because you don't want to be a jackass or risk having your next order fucked with. Even phoning it in gets you %15 these days, because most people feel sorry for you.
I like how Maine is doing away with a separate minimum wage for tipped positions, it could bring back an era where you no longer feel obliged to tip mediocrity. At least price food accordingly or offer smaller portions, so that people aren't eating like pigs.
>>
Here in Brasil there's a fee when you order delivery, and they always ward you beforehand. I think it's fair.
Also there's no "tipping", but we're encouraged to pay 10% the total value as a tip.
>>
File: e14.jpg (24KB, 607x315px) Image search: [Google]
e14.jpg
24KB, 607x315px
>>34336019
>Order pizza
>Pizza delivery guy arrives
>Open door, your total is 15.46
>Take the pizza while i give the guy a 20
>Turn around the set down the pizza so i get the change
>Turn back around and the pizza guy is gone
>See the guy get in his car and drive off
>Didn't even tell the nigerian he can have the change

I don't know at what point tips stopped being a display of gratitude of their service and more so a mandotory thing.
>>
He was going to keep it without you saying he could anyways, Fuck him

>considered ordering a pizza a few days ago
>put order in cart online
>go to checkout
>$10 pizza
>$2.50 delivery fee
>would also have to tip
>close window and go to subway
>>
>>34339490
I don't know what the full minimum is, but it used to be that tipped minimum was half of full minimum. I could be misremembering my prior life before becoming a robot.
>>
>>34339562
This familiamia

You could buy a second pizza just with the tip and delivery fee
>>
>>34339351
>>34339062
>>34338837
Nah nah fuck you guys
I only tip minimum 2 dollars and 10% of my total (30? 3 dollars 40 4 dollars etc)
I order delivery from Domino's and Pizzahut and both charge expensive ass pizzas AND a fucking delivery fee. So this delivery fee better be paying the gas because I don't even want to tip those fuckers.
I tip chinese people good money since derively is always free and good money for good price. They don't fuck with my food and thank me for my business unlike other places.

Once I ordered from Papa johns for the first time. I'm skinny but I eat a lot. I order 3 pizzas breadsticks cheesesticks etc
Some Mexican forces me to walk outside to my door to pick up the huge order (I live on the LOBBY floor and every other deliverer gets in fine) then this motherfucker COMMENTS on how we have a big family or party. This pizza was for 1 you cunt. THEN after giving me a hard time signing and holding the pizza (I'm petite) he gives me attitude for his 2 dollar tip. You think I ordered from them again? No.

When I ordered for Pizzahut always nice people who come. Domino's same thing. Chinese food S class service. Papa dicks? Fuck off

Fuck everyone
>>
File: smiley us 1.jpg (89KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
smiley us 1.jpg
89KB, 640x640px
Bus drivers want tips now. Hair cutters want tips now. The donut store chinks have a tip jar. I was informed by my parents the cleaning ladies at hotels expect tips now too.

I always pick up my pizza, and I rarely eat at restaurants. My local Chicken Express, a fastfood chicken place, handed me a reciept to sign with a line for tipping and another for "New Total".
>>
>>34339474
Your shitty American society, maybe, I can't comprehend how much you're getting fucked in the ass.
>>
>>34339952
>HAHA why dont they like go to college.
>HAHA if they just went to college they'd all 100% of high paying jobs
>"We can all be doctors guys, job markets work like that XD"
>>
>>34336019
You don't understand how tipping works.
If you are in America you need to tip.
>>
File: 1478479869911.jpg (5KB, 195x241px) Image search: [Google]
1478479869911.jpg
5KB, 195x241px
>>34339699
My nigga. Fuck tipping. And lmao at the mexican mad about tipping. I'm sure the majority of people he gets pissed at are his fellow mexicans.

>>34339351
>be a greedy nigger, but also a robot
>never seen a vagina, so don't have herpes and saliva is sanitary
>spit in people's food for not tipping, or even tipping small
>"Haha, fuck those losers, they're eating my spit! I got them good! even though they're repeat customers and don't taste it.
>DEVILISH
>>
>>34340249
About 65% of the US pop has oral herpes, fool.
>>
>>34340120
Delivery is not hard or skilled labor. It is a minimum wage job. You don't deserve more than minimum wage. I understand life isn't fair. But somebody has to flip burgers for minimum wage, and deliver pizza for minimum wage.
>>
>>34338679
The theory is that tipping in big box retail and supermarkets leads to fraud due to volume and process making it easy to conceal. Also, you if you allow tips, you are required to make witholdings from and file reports on employee tipped earnings with the IRS. Some places have a strict DADT policy, but most ban it outright for those reasons.
>>
File: 1481556190718.jpg (9KB, 248x187px) Image search: [Google]
1481556190718.jpg
9KB, 248x187px
>Burgers defending tipping
>burgers defining employers not paying their staff properly
>Burgers are basically defining Mr noseberg getting richer and sacking his balls
>burgers are basically defending the sucking of Jews balls
>>
>>34340403
Mr Shekienstien needs that new boat
>>
>>34336180
I'm German and it is true. I'm pretty sure you all are getting trolled here
>>
>>34339423
This, if the business gets greedy and charge too much for pizza, they will just go out of buisness. Good riddance too.
>>
I'm a broke piece of shit, but I always try to tip delivery drivers something, 3-4 dollars or so because I know what it was like to work a shitty awful job like that. Do they deserve it? Nah, no way. But it's morally the right thing to do, it's the same reason why I give money to homeless in my city. Because with enough bad luck, I could be right there begging along with them
>>
File: 4L_2Hr9ybjm.jpg (99KB, 539x540px) Image search: [Google]
4L_2Hr9ybjm.jpg
99KB, 539x540px
>>34340315
Glad to be a part of the remaining 35%.
>>
>>34340328
And minimum wage in a lot of cities/states isnt enough for actual sustainability,
>>
Not sure what everyone here is trying to archive, but in Germany one isn't mentally forced to tip.

There are those that tip because they feel like it and those who don't, and no one will be mad afterwards if you don't feel like it. In Germany one generally rounds to relevant whole numbers, for example if the bill is 17 I might go for 20, in which case 3 is a tip. I can understand that it is a problem in areas where their wage is so low that they practically depend on it, I hope this isn't the case in any 1st world country though, but it seems to be the case.
>>
>>34338168
>7 dolar tip for 12 dollar meal, Fucking idiot stop being a fucking perverted creep
Get off my board roastie. Also, the reason I tipped so high was because the fuck am I going to so with $8 and i felt like doing something good. I had no sexual attraction to the waitress, but I could tell she's not used to tips by her saying I put too much. I know it's a bit much for a tip but she was Chinese so I doubt she really knew what one was for a lack of better words
>>
>>34336019
can you not be bothered to give the dude 2 extra dollars?

sometimes that's how it works, employers can pay less than minimum wage if it's supplemented with "tips" on the contract.

i'm sure the cost would still be higher in your home country so just deal with the 2 extra dollar cost or whine like a bitch i don't care.
>>
>Americans actually defend their shitty culture of mandatory gratuities.
Holy shit, that's pathetic.
>>
>>34336032
You know what this is?
>>
I don't go to restaurants just because the smug waiters think they automatically get a tip. No tipping is fucking stupid. They still get paid. I'm going to be the one that changes tipping culture by always refusing to tip and telling them to Fuck off with that " oh this meanie isn't tipping so I'm going to mess with their order" bullshit.
>>
>>34341450
When will this social darwinism meme end?
>>
>>34336541
Meanwhile:
>burger goes to non english speaking country
>complains because no one speaks english
>>
>>34338017
Because they make a lot more money on tips than they would with a hourly wage. A few restaurants here have experimented with doing away with tips and just increasing wages and prices by 20% to offset it. Know what happened? 90% of their servers left after a couple weeks, going on to other restaurants that had tips. Joe's Crab Shack estimated that they'd have to double prices in order to make up for the lack of tips.

QED, it's cheaper for everyone the American way.
>>
>>34341422
It's not mandatory fuck face, it's customary.
>>
>be canada
>order clothes from usa
>pay for ups ground
>they show up at my door telling me i have to pay a 50-100% brokerage fee on my 100 dollar package
>>
>>34336032
The salary for pizzaguy should be already in the price of pizza.

You don't tip cashier or automechanic you utter American idiot.
>>
>>34336069
Im with you on this one. Its not my fault he couldn't read some books while in school to get a better job.
>>
>>34336019
If I was American I would probably tip a lot because I couldn't work out the basic math of how much to pay and how much change I had to receive
>>
>Be italian.
>Walk to the store/pizzeria/chinese restourant like a human.
>If you don't want to do it, you pay the 2 euros more for the delivery.

No tips.

Guys please.
>>
>Tipping waiters, delivery guys etc
Fellow German here. Jesus christ, do you also tip teachers just because they do their jobs? Just the same as clapping when the pilot lands the plane you're on, absolute bullshit. If you have to give these entitled pricks money, at least do so if you get outstanding quality of service baka
>>
>be American in Germany
>arrive 2 days ago
>decide to order pizza
>pizza is literally 20 europoor monies.
wtf
>>
File: QSX3cjA.jpg (15KB, 327x303px) Image search: [Google]
QSX3cjA.jpg
15KB, 327x303px
>>34343176
>Oh shit they pointed out how shitty we are. I know, i'll just pretend they are worse and use the term europoor xDDDD, t-that will surely show them, r-right?

Not even remotely true, but keep making up baseless claims to make your shitty third world culture feel better amerifat
>>
File: fleshpound.jpg (53KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
fleshpound.jpg
53KB, 500x370px
>>34341594
Every country belongs to the United States.
>>
File: FUCK.gif (513KB, 525x539px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.gif
513KB, 525x539px
The worst part is that you've spread your shitty tipping culture over to Canada.

In Canada, servers make mandatory minimum wage and they still expect tip. Fuck off, I only make a few dollars more than you and I don't expect tip.

greedy fucks
>>
>>34336019
that's why I'm paying online for muh delivery
>>
>>34340787
well, i mean, like 65% of that 65% have herpes but have never shown symptoms, so you maybe have it (if u have never been tested)
>>
File: le militant polish man.jpg (71KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
le militant polish man.jpg
71KB, 707x500px
>>34336032

It's literally not you fucking idiot

If an employee does not make minimum wage with tips, the employer is required to make up the difference.

This effectively means that the only reason servers have lower wages is because they receive tips. If no one tipped, the wages of servers would rise dramatically.

Americans are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>34336183
>Hans, you do realize this means loterally nothing to that guy right? There are tons of other customers. Additionally, its possible he assumed you weren't a massive kike.

It shows that you haven never successfully operated or owned a business.
>>
>>34336473
>You literally made that poor guy do a free delivery. He doesn't get paid, you German fuckstain.
Please elaborate.

He gets to deliver the pizza from the shope to the customer on his own account?
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.