[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else hopelessly confused about whether to tip their

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Is anyone else hopelessly confused about whether to tip their uber drivers? Uber doesn't have an option in the app to tip the driver, but after a night out at the bar, I generally have cash on hand to tip the guy.

The official policy used to be that you do not need to tip your uber driver, but now Uber is allowing drivers to post signs in their cars stating that the tip is not included in the fair. I took an uber with my gf last night coming home from the comedy club and the driver sat there at the end of the ride like he was waiting for me to give him cash.

I can't find a consensus on the internet anywhere regarding whether or not its appropriate to tip your rideshare driver. Thoughts and Opinions, robots?
>>
They're already making good money off driving you, tell them to eat shit if they expect a tip.
>>
>>34335727

>after a night out at the bar

normalfag spotted
>>
>>34335752
This. They make more per hour than I did working much much harder jobs. Tell them to go fuck themselves.
>>
>>34335752
This, they get 75% while Uber gets 25% of your payment.
>>
>>34335727
Tip culture is cancer anyway. Employers need to pay their staff, not the customer directly.
>>
Tipping is always optional. If you feel like your driver deserves a tip, tip him. If you think he doesn't dersve one, don't. Simple as that.
>>
>>34335780
>this is one of those things that just gets repeated until the end of time but employers never pay

really makes you think, dunnit?
>>
>>34335781

I feel like tipping is not optional in certain situations, such as restaurants that don't pay their employees minimum wage.

Neglectful service = no tip
Poor service = 10%
Average Service = 20%
Exceptional service = 30%

Its only polite
>>
>>34335797
Because it's so heavily ingrained into the original 13 cities, and exported out from there. Nothing more capitalistic than entrenching a culture of exploitation.

Tipping for anything less than outstanding service reinforces this toxic culture. But there really needs to be a Berny Sanders equivalent or something to force labor law changes at the presidential level. Tipping has got to go, chinese sweat shop workers make for money than most untipped Americans.
>>
>>34335823
Autist
>12% = shitty service
>16% = Average to decent service
>20% = Exceptional service, some people tip more for those who go above and beyond

I don't know who taught you 20% is average unless you're not in the US
>>
>>34335880
i'm sorry, were you still talking about tipping?

i'm talking about how people keep saying employers need to pay actual wages, but they don't.
that means continuing to keep saying it is pointless.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.