[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't want to turn 20 How do I escape this feel? I suspect

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1447609455979.png (43KB, 312x390px) Image search: [Google]
1447609455979.png
43KB, 312x390px
I don't want to turn 20

How do I escape this feel? I suspect my life is going to take a nosedive once I reach this milestone
>>
turned 22 yesterday. can confirm.
>>
>>34334706
Happy belated birthday anon

oregano
>>
>>34334722
thanks m8.
nice related dubs btw
getting old truly sucks. I already feel like an old man with my back pain and receding hairline. man was not made to live for 80 years
>>
Turned 26 recently.

When I was approaching 20, I was actualy feeling relatively optimistic, thinking that this would be when my real life starts, and that I would have all kinds of magical experiences ahead of me.

If turning 20 is something you are apprehensive of, wait till you get to your mid-20s.

I try not to imagine what will happen when I hit 30, or, god forbid, 40.
>>
>>34334686
I turned 20 last year

Feels bad knowing how I've achieved absolutely nothing in my life
>>
>>34334760
>When I was approaching 20, I was actualy feeling relatively optimistic, thinking that this would be when my real life starts

I think I have learned relatively early never to feel this way about getting older. I remember when I was 17, I thought I would turn my life around and become a confident, functional human after I had turned 18. Then I turned 18 and everything stayed the same. Then I vowed to improve myself, lose weight and gain more confidence when I turned 19; again, nothing has changed so far. I'm still the same loser I was when I was 15 and that isn't ever going to change.
>>
>>34334808

If you don't change anything, then things aren't going to change on their own.

I know you have heard this before, I know it doesn't make you feel better and I know it's something you are already aware of (if only on a subconscious level).

Nevertheless, it is true.
>>
File: 1449102149019.jpg (24KB, 321x348px) Image search: [Google]
1449102149019.jpg
24KB, 321x348px
>>34334847
But I can;t change. I am too scared to leave my comfort zone. I am too self conscious to suddenly start trying to act confidence. my self esteem was crushed by years of abuse at school and has never recovered. Even if I tried to act more normal, people would just think I was trying too hard and laugh at me anyway. I am a walking joke.
>>
>turning 24 this year
Just accept it OP. You will not always be young so enjoy it now. I was deeply depressed for the past 4 years and it really hindered my enjoyment of my early 20's, just roll with it.
>>
>>34334866
I know what you mean

my advice; either get on anti depressants or embrace the ride like >>34334901
>>
>>34334866

Well, I am in a very similar position. I haven't pulled myself out of this hole, so I'm not really qualified to give you any advice.

Work out, find a hobby, join a club, I'm sure you've heard it all. You have to force yourself to do things.
>>
>>34334686
kys now and you wont turn 20
>>
>>34334866
you just need more motivation

orororo
>>
File: 1450912413519.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
1450912413519.png
80KB, 500x421px
I will turn 20 soon and I have archived nothing. Unemployed shitposting in my parents basement
>>
File: Bourbons.jpg (50KB, 768x762px) Image search: [Google]
Bourbons.jpg
50KB, 768x762px
Turning 20 in two months

>Wageslave to a job I can't stand
>Don't wanna quit since I know my parents will be disapointed
>KHV
>No big aspirations for my life, just like sitting in, playing vidya and drinking myself to death

My one saving grace is the fact I actually have quite a lot of savings since I wage pretty hard and virtually do nothing outside of work. Roll on 20's I guess
>>
>>34335260
What job do you do anon?

I am an "apprentice" in what is basically a call centre for a shitty company. I get paid less than minimum wage and I absolutely despise all of the normals in my office. Waking up every morning and knowing I have to slave in that shithole for 8 hours makes me want to top myself.
>>
>>34335260
How do you cope with wageslaving?

I've never had a job but I'll probably have to get one soon

>>34335338
this is what scares me
>>
>>34335338
Factory worker. Compared to other jobs in the factory mines not actually that bad, just taking deliveries from lorries, storing away pallets and shit. Working nights is killing me though, my sleep pattern is beyond fucked and I end up sleeping through most of my days off.
>>
>>34335368
I'm fast becoming one of those people who just autopilots through most shifts, everyday feels the same. If you can get a job you can at least tolerate its probably not that bad. The feeling of actually going out and being able to buy things is pretty great for the first few weeks, but eventually the grind will get to you.
>>
File: 1478727692508.jpg (97KB, 527x487px) Image search: [Google]
1478727692508.jpg
97KB, 527x487px
>>34335498
I'm sorry to hear that, anon.

Fuck I hate growing up
>>
File: 1468428948338.jpg (60KB, 960x944px) Image search: [Google]
1468428948338.jpg
60KB, 960x944px
>tfw turning 30 this year
I have a good job, my own house and I'm fit. Even had 2 girlfriends in the past, but nowadays I'm alone again. Life feels fucking empty. Somehow I always end up on 4chan after quitting this place for 5 or 6 months.
>>
>that moment when you realize you're a few years older than the average poster
I never asked to be the old man who never moved on but here we are.
>>
>>34335368
You just adjust to it really. Your first few weeks of being a wageslave, especially if it's a job you hate, will likely be horrible. Just be vigilant and get through that, then it will become bearable.

>>34335794
Don't feel bad anon, many of us are following in your footsteps.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.