[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I not allowed to use benzos daily? I literally don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1456238795186.jpg (120KB, 839x835px) Image search: [Google]
1456238795186.jpg
120KB, 839x835px
Why am I not allowed to use benzos daily?
I literally don't go outside because of anxiety, who the fuck is allowed to use them if not me?
>>
>>34333527
No one is allowed to use benzos daily, you idiot, because they don't remain effective when taken daily. They're only for coping with panic attacks or other infrequent events. You have to learn to cope with your anxiety on a daily basis the old fashioned way, through exposure.
>>
>>34333748
i was prescribed benzos daily. i didn't take them daily but the doctors prescribed klonopin, up to three 1mg pills a day and i was also prescribed xanax and ativan daily at other times.

i would take up to 1mg at the most and usually .5mg because even that much made me so tired that i would have to sleep as soon as i came home, only several hours after taking the pill.

>>34333527
did the doctor deny you a prescription or did they just not prescribe for daily use?
>>
>>34333866
I have xanax prescription.
Just not nearly enough to use daily.
>>
>>34333876
how often do you go out? are you incapable of going out when you're not medicated? what happens when you try?

are you working with a therapist? if so, do they specialize in agoraphobia or anxiety disorders? if not, why?
>>
>>34333527
i went through this, i even said the last line word for word
then i got them and they hardly helped so i stopped taking them
theres no easy fix
maybe there is no fix at all
>>
I can't wait to see how fucked I am.

I've been agoraphobic my whole twenties.
>>
File: 1455346905274.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1455346905274.png
127KB, 601x508px
>>34333897
>how often do you go out? are you incapable of going out when you're not medicated? what happens when you try?
I don't go out and I don't try to either.

>are you working with a therapist? if so, do they specialize in agoraphobia or anxiety disorders? if not, why?
They let anyone get a psychology degree. I don't like being analyzed and especially not by someone who couldn't get a real degree.
>>
>>34333926
>my whole twenties
what are you waiting for?

as someone who barely left my house through my 20s i can tell you that you're pretty fucked.
>>
If you don't ever go out, then why do you need drugs?

Maybe stop being a fucking junkie, and sort your life out instead of getting high, because your "condition" demands it.
>>
>>34333988
I'd rather be a junkie than just bee myself to be honest.
And I am supposed to go out, to attend classes at my uni.
>>
>>34334007

"I don't go out and I don't try to either."

First thing you should do is learn what words mean.
>>
>>34333959
I don't know. It feels like no one believes me when I say I need some help.

Then I get so depressed/anxious that all I feel like doing is staring at the walls in my room.

Were you able to improve at all?
>>
>>34333527
Benzos are very addictive. If you did them everyday you would seizure if you ever got off them.
>>
>>34334064
No fuck you unoriginally.
>>
>>34333957
>I don't go out and I don't try to either.
then pills don't matter. the ONLY thing that will eventually allow you to go out when you want to is to go out consistently for an extended period of time. this is where the pills can help. you can start small too.

as the other anon said, they aren't a solution and they should only be used when you really can't handle the situation in any other way. they are addictive, have lots of possible immediate and long term side effects, and lose their effectiveness over time. but if it's impacting your life this drastically then it's probably well worth the risk.

>They let anyone get a psychology degree. I don't like being analyzed and especially not by someone who couldn't get a real degree.
i understand and for the most part i agree. however, there are upsides to seeing even a shitty psychologist. you are required to go outside at least once a week. you will have practice interacting with a person whose opinion doesn't matter at all. you have someone who you can set goals with which will hold you accountable.

and you don't need to go into the analysis stuff too deeply. cognitive behavioral therapy focuses a lot more on behavior and thought patterns than analyzing you as a human being. and they will also provide you with techniques that you can use on your own and guide your exposure so it's not as overwhelming. it's supposed to be short term therapy with a very specific goal in mind.

you can try to do some exposure on your own but if you find that you can't do it, it might be worth trying cbt.
>>
File: 00069upset.png (369KB, 599x549px) Image search: [Google]
00069upset.png
369KB, 599x549px
Because if you use them daily you'll become dependent on them. I don't mean you'll want to take them, I mean you'll NEED to take them. If you don't take them you'll go through withdrawals that are fucked up, scary, and painful.
The kinds of things you may experience are worse anxiety than you've ever had before, cramps all over your body, muscle aches all over, loss of appetite, loss of energy, depression, intolerability to sound, hot/cold flashes, nausea, dry heaving when trying to vomit, sensitivity to light, and plenty others.
>>
>>34334391
Been through this with methadone it was pretty heinous

I have had people tell me benzo withdrawal is far worse although I have heard it was easier.. I am in the exact same situation as OP. Anxiety is so bad I can't function was actually going to use the pills as like a way to get more exposure and slowly stop using them

Worried about developing another habit because I know what that is like but the position I am in right now in life pretty much demands that I am able to use my full cognitive ability without being side tracked by absolute nonsense.
>>
There is help available for anxiety, panic, depression and other symptoms at http://www.Recoveryinternational.org. Recovery offers training in a self help method similar to cognitive behavioral training. There are local meetings in many US states and other countries. There are also weekly chat meetings on the website. The main book that is used is Mental Health Through Will Training by Dr. Abraham A. Low, Recovery's founder. I recommend Recovery as it has helped me a lot for a number of years. Be well anon and good luck.
>>
>>34333876
Use the darknet and upgrade the supply senpai
>>
>>34334391
But withdrawals were never a big deal for me, never got sick to my stomach but everything else was pretty fucking bad.. guess I just have a strong aversion to naseau and well I have a high pain tolerance.. so withdrawals as bad as they are and as torturous as they can be I honestly am not too worried about getting hooked again but obviously I will be careful I just need that shit honestly kind of at the last bastion of stabilizing my symptoms and feel like I am running out of time I have already wasted enough of it ruining my life
>>
>>34334487
>this abortion of a paragraph

looks like you're going through punctuation withdrawal, famalam
>>
>>34334295
Thanks for replying. It was insightful.

I went and saw a doctor but I've just been avoiding all the shit they told me to do (get a blood test, maybe schedule therapy, I don't know I'm afraid to use my phone and check the messages).

And yeah you're right on that last part. I dunno I just feel like a moron because now I'm in my 30's and still as depressed/anxious as I was 15+ years ago. But you're right about everything; I never blamed anyone but myself.
>>
File: 1475342917156.jpg (48KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
1475342917156.jpg
48KB, 422x422px
>have severe social anxiety disorder, can barely manage to take the garbage out to the curb
>no friends, no job, dropped out of uni
>keep hearing the exposure meme where you just force yourself to face your fears and slowly become hardened to them
>sounds good in theory but I've been doing that for years and it doesn't do a thing
I just don't get it. I've been going to the same grocery store on the corner of my block since I was a kid. I recognize the people there. I've been there hundreds if not thousands of times. But I feel just as scared, apprehensive, and uncomfortable going there today as I did ten years ago. In school I would force myself to raise my hand and say something every single class, because I thought I could power through the fear I felt doing so. Often it would take me forty minutes to an hour of practicing one sentence over and over again my head to get all the words out and build the courage up to even say it, and it was usually some shitty throwaway observation that a normal person could have said in two seconds without a second thought--that took me an hour. This, too, never got any easier, even after I became familiar with the teacher and room and everyone in the class. All of my therapists and psychologists have been surprised by this and whenevef I bring it up people basically shrug their shoulders and just tell me to keep at it, but that's kind of hard to hear at this point. It's like telling a man dying of thirst in the desert that he'll find a cool spring just over the next same dune, then the next one, then the next one, then the next one. After a while it becomes hard to believe.
>>
>>34334511
Shooooooooooooooolllllllllleeeeeeeeeeee

I think people understand how I talk in my head so I don't bother with punctuation. I will learn to not put you in paragraph withdrawal ever again
>>
>>34334678
Its not a meme man

My anxiety came on suddenly at 19.. spent three years trying to deal with it nothing worked

So weak spiritually that I started using made my life bearable until it destroyed it

Its a real problem man it really is mentally ill robots like to brag about real illnesses and its like you faggots get meds for that shit and they still complain about it, we actually have to go get psychoanalyzed evaluated and it takes forever to get drugs THAT ACTUALLY WORK

Then we wind up drug addicts like every other fuck up when we actually need the meds

Just to be more anxious more paranoid more dissociated again, fuck them

Just get drugs man or seriously do hard work with your therapist

Anxiety is literally a symptom of a much greater problem I don't think there is such a thing as GAD/SAD that stands to be an issue in of itself
>>
>>34333748
>No one is allowed to use benzos daily, you idiot
tell dat 2 my psyk, bitchboii, I got BARS erry day
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.