[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /yearning for adventure/ here? I don't want to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3897.jpg (132KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3897.jpg
132KB, 800x532px
Who else /yearning for adventure/ here?

I don't want to live a normal life. I'm tired of my mundane everyday routine and my bland existence. I want to feel truly alive, to step out of society's boundaries.

I want to do something exciting, see beautiful places, meet interesting people, but I'm not sure what or how, since it would be stupid to just step out into the wilderness and die stupidly.

Do any robots feel the same?
>>
I'd do it if I had superpowers to protect myself
>>
File: 1409044211014.gif (421KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1409044211014.gif
421KB, 700x525px
Of course I do.
I tried playing FFXIV before but It made me so miserable that I'll never be an adventurer in a fantasy world that I started crying for a day and fell into a depressive episode for the next two weeks. I know, I'm pathetic as fuck but still, modern life sucks.
I like to do things like listen to traditional folk music and fantasise about being in a fantasy world.
For example for this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvsuT47W1x4
I imagine I'm watching a band of bards putting on a performance in a local town at night around a campfire whilst the beautiful miqo'te singer is dancing elegantly around with her tambourine. ugh
>>
>>34333560
Why not learn to defend yourself? Or get a gun if you're American.
>>
>>34333634
because I want superpowers
>>
>>34333630
That's what I'm talking about. It doesn't have to stay a daydream, though. It's true you'll never experience life in a fantasy world, but there has to be some interesting stuff to do in this world if you manage to break free of society's soul-crushing grip. Right?
>>
>>34333653
We all do, but that's not possible
>>
>>34332940
I have the same feeling anon. If you want to go somewhere or do some adventure just go do it. There are countless places that will take you in for volunteer work teaching english or building shit for people in 3rd world. This has the benefit of you will always have others to help you and back you up there.

My desire has always been to go to Asia and I am getting that chance via a school cultural exchange trip through a sister college in China with a college in my state. They are paying for literally everything while I am there and I get to see Beijing and take a bullet train to the sister campus across China. The only thing I have to pay for is airfare and the related visa and passport fees. I get to stay on a campus there and see sights around the city (Wuhan) which is very beautiful and old. Then I stay with a host family for two days. The extra cool part is I get a layover in Seattle for 19hrs overnight, so its like getting a bonus trip for free.

If you have truly have the will and truly wish to get out and adventure, you just have to make the right steps towards it. I suggest taking a trip to /trv/ as they have other help.
>>
>>34333695
forgot the very original picture
>>
File: 1428539744895.jpg (335KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1428539744895.jpg
335KB, 2048x1536px
>tfw i'm actually a fairy on board of a celestial palanquin who accidentally fell to earth 21 years ago and gifted a human form until I can finally return to my true form and people with the monks, sages, angels, goddesses and gods
>>
I'm joining the navy this week to serve under the god emperor maybe you could do the same.
>>
>>34332940
Yes, but I am too useless to accomplish anything. The best I could do is be a crazy drifter.
>>
>>34333695
That's pretty cool. Do you plan on visiting the more rural parts of China sometime? A backpacking trip in Asia sounds amazing.
>>34333846
Not American, but I'm seriously considering joining the army (infantry). It sounds like I could learn some cool stuff and make friends for a few years, then get out with a bunch of money saved up and useful skills to keep travelling.
>>
>>34333887
I am considering definitely taking more trips there, however China is like the USA in that if you do not know the native language, you're fucked outside of major touristy cities like Beijing or Shanghai. I'm minoring in Chinese at my college so after I get more proficient I might. Backpacking or just even taking trains across China to random places sounds very comfy.

Teaching English there is still a guranteed job so if shit hits the fan I might do that too.
>>
>>34332940
>>34332940
I am planning to hitchhike to Asia from Western Europe next Year when I am done with University.

It's the only thing that keeps me going at the moment.
>>
>>34333939
What country you in famalam?
>>
>>34334665
I'm from northern Germany
>>
File: 1480990829443.png (162KB, 631x435px) Image search: [Google]
1480990829443.png
162KB, 631x435px
>>34332940
>Lived in small town my whole life
>Homeschooled, went to state school 20 minutes from my house and commuted every day
>Finally done with classes
>Childhood Chad friend from out of state offers to let me stay with him to find a job in his city
Do I do it anons? I finally got in shape so I don't feel disgusting, and the only girl I ever liked fucking destroyed me a month ago. Do I just run from my problems and start new?
>>
>>34333846

What's your rate?

Origogogo
>>
My hope is to afford to buy a trimaran and go all around the South Pacific.
>>
Yea im doing a working holiday in japan in the near future. And then hopefully be able to frugally support myself in a new country every 5 - 10 years. My life will consist of constant change filled with exciting people adventures experiences. I'll probably never settle or have kids.
>>
>>34334970
Haven't talked to the recruiter yet.
>>
>>34332940

>I don't want to live a normal life

Be fucking careful of what you wish for

A normal life is all I wanted
>>
>>34335467

Good luck. Don't let them trick you into going in undesignated (no rate).

Any questions? Former Navy guy here. Got out in 2014.
>>
>>34334952
Absolutely run from your problems if there's nothing tethering you to where you're at right now. Take the fucking leap you pussy.
>>
>>34332940
I have the same feel but of you want some adventure and action join the military

I was going to join the military but I wouldn't be able to actually fight unless it was an emergency due to being colorblind
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.