[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else kind of disappointed with today's youth culture?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: nesquik.jpg (581KB, 2203x2937px) Image search: [Google]
nesquik.jpg
581KB, 2203x2937px
Is anyone else kind of disappointed with today's youth culture? The whole getting blind drunk at the club thing every weekend and this greater fixation with projecting an image of a Fun and Social life on social media. I probably sound like a fucking old man. But I mean, doesn't it seem like a waste?
>>
>>34330663
What would you have people do instead?
>>
>>34330663
>today's youth culture
I guarantee you that shit has been going in some form or another since the dawn of man
Look at ancient graffiti and shit. We've been doing pretty much the same things since ancient times, we're just more open about it now
>>
>>34330690
shovel coal, chop wood, good natured shit like that. for the glory of the USA
>>
>>34330663
i am from Germany.
most of our youth pray 5 times a day and dont drink
>>
>>34330690
Go fishing? See live music? Fuck if I know, I don't have friends.
>>
>>34330731
Memes. Then I cried because I'm living in Europe too. :'^(
>>
>>34330715
Alcohol is mankind's oldest meme.
>>
>>34330715
i think there's something to be said for today's youth culture vs youth cultures of the past. it was controlled and quarantined, today parents dont even have the guts to stand up to their kids and entire industries dedicated to feeding youth culture have taken over mainstream thought. its not good.
>>
>>34330731
Most of your youth are Muslims
>>
>>34331366
That point was so good I wish I could have sex with it.
>>
>>34330663
This type of shit has been happening forever. It's just that now we have phones with cameras everywhere and platforms to post things to, so you're seeing it.
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-22+at+11.07.16).png (119KB, 991x331px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-22+at+11.07.16).png
119KB, 991x331px
>>34330905
tfw the romans set us on the path to degeneracy
>>
>>34330663
what are u watching nigga
>>
>>34330905
>today parents dont even have the guts to stand up to their kids
you must not be asian.
>>
>today's youth culture

you are pretending as if doing nothing, being drunk and having fun is something unique to today.

Bread and circuses friend.
>>
>>34330663
>I probably sound like a fucking old man
It's okay, I'm only 18 years old and don't contribute to this culture, not all of us are cancerous.
>>
>>34330731
/run Islam.exe
>>
>>34330663
Getting drunk at the club every week has been a thing since the 90s, maybe even earlier, it's not today's youth
>>
>>34331366
>>34334240
>taking the bait
Most of the youth in Germany don't care much about religion.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 452x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 452x414px
Only becuase I'm not part of it.
>>
>>34330905
that sounds a lot like the 60's
>>
>>34330663
>getting wasted and fucking girls every weekend is today's culture

Sorry to disappoint you, but this has always happened in one way or another.
This is standard human behavior to do so, it's just the way to achieve it that changes.
>>
>>34332471
Actually getting blacked out drunk had repercussions. You didn't want people to find out, girls losing their Vcards used to be shameful and guys were photographed on public display regardless of cell phones availability.

People used to kill themselves for being a laughingstock or disappointment. Now they are proud of it. Parties are basically big orgies now it's disgusting.

In addition there are many ways to have fun.
>>
>>34330663
My brother and I were discussing this yesterday.I don't understand how they're content to do the same fucking thing,week in,week out.I've tried the whole drinking thing but I usually find myself sitting in a corner at 2am,just watching the degeneracy playing out in front of me.
>>
>People are still bumping a thread that you regretted making the instant you posted it
SHIT
>>
>>34330663
Was it ever any different?

What do you want, people do read books together like a bunch of faggots?
>>
>>34332872
>he doesn't know how normal gay shit was in ancient rome
>>
>>34330663
I wasted my life anyway, may as well have had a fun social life instead.

I hate it all.

I hate it all.
>>
File: IMG_0106.png (232KB, 2880x874px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0106.png
232KB, 2880x874px
>>34330663
https://www.google.com/amp/heatst.com/world/a-new-generation-of-conservatives-is-on-the-rise-study-finds/amp/?client=safari

>People now in their mid-teens are much more cautious about drugs, transgender rights and same-sex marriage, and are even sceptical of tattoos than those a few years older than them.
>>
>>34335228
You deserve this

Your thread is a dumb thread
>>
>>34335276
at least better young americans then me exist, I will keep them safe. :;)
>>
>>34335293
>welcome to r9k
>good threads 404
>and we bump bad threads for fun because that's just the culture of this shit board, enjoy!
>>
>getting wasted and fucking girls every weekend is today's cultur

clubs these days:

1. bunches of robots on 'guys night out' talking to each other
2. groups of 5/10 chicks flipping their hair talking to each other
3. alpha couples that come to show off their dancing skills and make out on dance floor - why?
4. sad squads of people by themselves pretending they're really into the music even though djs are shit
5. people of colors with their random muh honor hangups

you need to get fucking blind drunk to tolerate that environment. so you buy a $12 drink because nobody's taking any real drugs since they all took DARE program seriously. fuck you all.
>>
>>34335271
>All these problems are American problems

>Club life in Europe is chill as fuck

ha ha ha
>>
>>34335378
this.

do drugs, rape sluts, make fun of gay clubs
>>
you were a waste, op.
>>
>>34335428
you are a waste as well
>>
>>34335378
>people of colors with their random muh honor hangups
what does this mean?
>>
>>34335493
niggers get their egos hurt and fight eachother
>>
>>34330663

not if ur having fun

if it's making you happy, then keep doing it because it's working
>>
i'm disappointed in today's everything.
>>
File: 1455936321130.jpg (28KB, 415x476px) Image search: [Google]
1455936321130.jpg
28KB, 415x476px
>>34330663
I know how you feel, my man, and you don't sound like an old man at all. There's this preconceived notion of all how young adults should act in many people's minds, but nobody says you have to follow it. So, with that in mind, here's a little secret that any robot should know:

YOU DON'T HAVE TO ASSOCIATE WITH THIS KIND OF PEOPLE.

Of course, you might be thinking "No shit, I know that. But what else am I supposed to do?" But the reason you don't have to associate with them is that

YOU HAVE OTHER OPTIONS THAT YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT.

It might seem like they are the only "normal" young adults in the world, but that's far from the truth. Just around you, there are youths that spend their time reading, playing an instrument, doing amateur theater, playing sports, volunteering, and many, many other activities to fill their lives. But do you hear from them? No, because they're too busy DOING those things instead of posting, tweeting, and sharing online about doing those things.

If I told you that there's probably a group of people nearby you that meet once a week to play board games for hours on end and have never even considered hitting dah cluh for the weekend, you might not believe me, because you too see the fixation on getting drunk and having a "Fun and Social" life as you call it and think that's all there is. And how can you not when social media -where every sentence is constructed to give off that vibe- seems to revolve around this fixation? But there's more to it than that.

Believe it or not, there are people your age that you click with. You -and I, and everyone else that says "no thank you" to this kind of pastime- just have to look a bit harder to find them.
>>
>>34335668
The only good post in this aids thread.
>>
>Today's youth culture
>Getting blind drunk at the club thing every weekend

Millennials are shying away from the club atmosphere. Its a noted phenomenon.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.