[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have an autistic projects thread? I'm making a game

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 14

File: image.gif (29KB, 678x738px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
29KB, 678x738px
Can we have an autistic projects thread?

I'm making a game where AIs fight in a Battle Royale under crazy, impossible conditions, each with their own handcrafted superhuman abilities and equipment. The goal is if you can imagine it, it can happen and the AIs will adapt to the situation and figure out creative ways to win.

Once it's playable I'm going to hold a league, with a regular season, playoffs, and different tiers. Rivalries, grudge matches, and interesting asymmetrical matchups should hopefully be commonplace. That's still a long ways away though, there's still lots of work to be done in both worldbuilding and programming. Regardless, I'm excited.

Also pic related, was the inspiration for one AI swordfighting style.
>>
i draw autistic battlefields. when one side begins to feel too powerful, i move to drawing more military shit on the other side and so on and so forth... until the page looks like shit
>>
>>34330725
Like just tanks and suchlike? Or knights and crossbowmen?
>>
File: NEET.png (418KB, 448x486px) Image search: [Google]
NEET.png
418KB, 448x486px
anyone know of any realistic medieval games where you roam around the wilderness and fight stuff with your sword?
>>
>>34330748
start off small with pistols and end up with nukes lasers and shit
>>
>>34330766
Reign of Steel really can't be beat for realism imo, I've never played anything else that comes close. Plus if you want more stuff to swing at, there's fanmade books with extra content.
>>
>>34330780
Huh, sounds sort of fun actually. Maybe I'll try it.
>>
>>34330660

I was developing a giantess text based game, but it takes too much effort

>>34330725
>>34330748
>>34330780

>tfw used to do this when I was young
completely forgot about it until reading it, I used to try and get the person next to m in class to join in and then normally would until the page looked like hundreds of lines
>>
/k/ here

I spend all my free time building guns and upgrading them. This summer I build an AR from a parts kit, and bought wood furniture so it looked like the service rifle from fallout new vegas

Right now im copper platin a makarov pistol amd handmaking some wooden grips for it

It's an obscure kind of autism
>>
>>34330842
Pls no tripfags. Pls go back to Facebook.
>>
>>34330839
do it, let your imagination flow. make different races, weapons, battlefields.. comfy af
>>
I started to create my own autistic fantasy universe that's not reliant on Tolkien tropes. So far I've come up with a race of salamander-like people called salim and a story about a half salim, half human mutt that's an outcast. Will post more about this character if requested, but be prepared for autism
>>
File: 1462900060176.jpg (175KB, 1328x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1462900060176.jpg
175KB, 1328x1080px
>>34330883

You stay on kikebook
>>
>tfw you're so autistic that you don't have any projects

meme xd
>>
>>34330799
the only game i found on google with that title is a sci fi game, is that the one?
>>
>>34330913
Fuck off tripfag pls go back to Facebook pls
>>
>>34330842
Did you ever finish a prototype? Also I get what you mean, some days I just get so sick of it but then when I load it up and watch them move it becomes worth it all of a sudden

>>34330848
Actually anon, your obscure autism just might be able to help me out. I have no actual experience with firearms, so any tips on how I can simulate shooting a gun realistically?
>>
File: IMG_2263.jpg (127KB, 750x1016px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2263.jpg
127KB, 750x1016px
>>34330660
Not necessarily autistic but I'm really itching to film this script I wrote a while back. The entire thing's based off the Jojo's To Be Continued meme, and since I've almost finished watching all of Jojos up to this point (had never watched an ep when I wrote it) I feel obligated to toss more Jojo references in there. I'll hold back but still.
>>
>>34330933
My bad, meant riddle of steel. If it looks like it's right out of Conan the Barbarian, you'll know you've got the right one.
>>
>>34330902
Go ahead anon, I'd love to hear. Inspiration can come from unlikely sources.

>>34330973
Never actually seen JoJo, but still sounds interesting. Have you ever actually talked to friends about doing it?
>>
I'm coding a text based game where the player, a forever alone degenerate, decides to try out this waifu simulation thing he's been hearing about, but once he finishes generating the perfect waifu and enters the game, it crashes.

Only he and a stubborn qt employee are left and they have to work together to find out what's gone wrong.

I want to make it more than a text based game and have considered using Unity or Ren'py or something idk
>>
>>34330981
awesome, the other rpg you brought up doesn't look bad either. thanks
>>
File: 1451872596785.jpg (15KB, 338x402px) Image search: [Google]
1451872596785.jpg
15KB, 338x402px
>>34330950

fuck off normalfag stop shilling your shit site
>>
>>34331053
No worries, happy I could help!

>>34331017
If you're cool with 2d, game maker might be what you're looking for. Simple, powerful, and most of the setup work is already done for you.
>>
>>34331017
I've talked to a couple friends, and since it's such a short script it'd only take like a few hours to shoot. I recently got a DJI Osmo so theoretically the whole thing can be shot on my phone (which it has to be because I left my camera with my dad in Florida and have to wait for him to get back).

Here's some examples of the meme in motion: https://youtu.be/DcGQYt_wPFc
>>
>want to make a game
>have no idea what i want to make
>don't even know how i would start making a game
not really a project come to think of it
>>
I make really elaborate AOE2 maps and put everyone I know and love from my life and shows into Sims 3? And they all are so accurate. But my favorite part is building the homes.
>>
File: IMG_1514.jpg (96KB, 750x575px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1514.jpg
96KB, 750x575px
>>34331108
We all have moments like that anon. Just gotta keep thinking, even if it goes in the back of your mind for a while.
>>
>>34331057
Fuck off namefag. Your identity is superficial. You need to leave.
>>
>>34331108
You could always just come help me, anon. <3
>>34331095
Huh, I really can't see how you'd make a whole movie out of that. If you can pull it off, props to you.
>>
>>34331112
What's aoe2? Don't play a ton of vidya, mainly just card games.
>>
>>34331172
how would i even help you when i have no skills in anything

t. self loathing depressive
>>
>>34330892
Could you post one you've made? I wanna see your races and weapons and battlefields
>>
>>34331233
Nonsense anon. I have never met a person who cannot help me in some way. If you know any single piece of information I don't, or have a single skill, you can help. Even if it's just how the last conversation you had went, it will help me.
>>
>>34331259
well i mean i guess i can make pretty good hamburgers

i can give you the recipe if you want
>>
>>34331172
>whole movie
I really just wanna shoot that one scene. I have an autistic obsession with detail and this seems like a good place to cut my teeth.

See it's all in the payoff or lack thereof. This is one of my favorite memes because it relies almost entirely on
>implications.

The greater the danger or imminent danger the lead person is in, the funnier it is when you pause it in the middle and claim you'll finish it later.
>>
>>34331306
Oh, now I kind of get it more. So you'll just racket up the tension as ridiculously high as possible?
>>34331298
Yes please anon, would love to have it!
>>
File: double down.jpg (33KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
double down.jpg
33KB, 500x325px
>>34330660
I have no true programming skills so i just makes games on RPG Maker for my own amusement, they usually have manga and comic book characters as potential allies or enemies and stories borrowed from historical conflicts or other works of fiction.

The main character usually has the original Jedi skill set and I just kind of wander with usually one ally that I end up parting ways with from town to town. In each town I do some Sun Tzu-esque shit to shut people i don't agree with down, have a duel or two, and pick up a new wanderer to ride with me to the next town. It's really just a huge fan wank
>>
>>34331425
Like what historical conflicts/works of fiction? Sounds like something I should look into.
Also, that sounds incredibly comfy.
>>
>>34331339
Take your 80 lean/20 fat ground beef and season it with salt, pepper, montreal steak mix, garlic salt, and onion powder to your liking. Mix the meat around in your hands. When you form the patty, poke a hole in the top and fill with worcestershire sauce. Put a very, very thin slice of butter on the inside in the very middle. Put on the grill and do grilling stuff to it to your taste.

turns out really good senpai
>>
>>34331472
See? You have skills. You've just improved an anon's meals and given one of his characters personality. No need to be depressed when you have so much to offer the world.
>>
>>34331466
usually Mongols conquering China, Punic Wars, and WW1

individual conflicts are usually from comics or anime, it's really goofy and embarrassing but I have a ton of time on my hands and don't really care about being judged since I'm not putting the games out there.
>>
>>34331520
Could you put up a download link? I'd like to try one.
>>
>>34331520
That's eactly what this thread is for, projects that aren't going out there because they could be embarrassing. Also, WW1 is interesting, it doesn't really fit with the other two you mentioned because it has firearms, tanks, and trenches, a far cry from primitive warfare.
>>
File: WW1 german lancer.jpg (390KB, 1800x1224px) Image search: [Google]
WW1 german lancer.jpg
390KB, 1800x1224px
>>34331561
I don't think so I'd be too embarrassed and they're all pretty much incomplete anyway, I just add on when I get new ideas.

>>34331582
WW1 is just pretty much my favorite of the 3
>>
>>34331682
just remove any use of your real name or any online aliases you use if there are any in the game and you should be fine
>>
>tfw you will never have the motivation to make your vidya gayme
>>
>>34331797
Pls no more tripfagging pls
>>
>>34331797
I don't have the motivation or the know-how. How do I even get started making something? What programs should I use?
>>
>>34331797
>wanted to makes games since I was 10
>be 21
>completely swamped in classes and job
>have learned absolutely nothing in game making because either too busy or tired
>tfw I'll end up getting some shit IT job and never even attempt my dream game
>>
>>34331682
I like the idea of WW1 more than I like how it turned out. Trench warfare is fascinating, sitting there for months is not.

>>34331797
What's the game you want to make?

>>34331826
Mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I highly recommend Game Maker Studio. Fast workflow, excellent results, and the documentation is fantastic. Any other questions?
>>
>>34331847
The trick is to take it slow, I've found. Start with hello world, then a character that can move, then tack on little subsystems bit by bit. If you try to do too much at once you lose motivation. Do small things that will fit into your schedule and give you a sense of progress.
>>
>>34331797
just look for a popular browser game, make an iphone game out of it with tweaked visuals, and hope you get lucky enough that dumb normies will download your shitty game and make mad dosh with ad revenue
>>
>>34331873
is game maker studio 2 better?
>>
>>34331826
i also use game maker mostly. just think of a simple genre that you like and look up youtube videos on how to do it. then just play around with it and try out different things. thats how i do it anyway
>>34331873
nothing in particular, just always wanted to make games. last i was working on a top down shooter but i havent even opened it in months
>>
>>34331911
It's still in beta, so it has some bugs that need ironing out. In a few months though, it will absolutely be the better choice. So I guess your answer is yes.
>>
>Wanted to make games
>Spent 3 years programming intensively
>Finally have the skill to do something
>Don't want to make games anymore.
>>
>>34331931
Huh. Why not, just find it too much work?
>>
>>34331953
See
>>34331963
I disagree about this post being too low in content, it contains plenty. Just look at this sentence.
>>
>>34331991

Anything worth it is a multi-year project, and it is very hit or miss. My standards for video games are very high and I can't think of something new to make.
>>
>>34332077
How about we give you some ideas?
>>
I wish I had motivation and could keep it going
There's things I have really vague ideas of doing but can't
>>
>>34332188
me too

original posting by original people in an original thread
>>
>>34332077
>>34332188
>>34332222
I'm sort of noticing a common theme talking to all of you, and that is everyone is kind of having problems with creativity/motivation. I'd like to say I know the answer to this but aside from my small-steps thing I have no idea.
Also, first thread I have ever posted and someone gets quads. I dunno what the odds are on that, but I'm willing to bet they're slim.
>>
File: Tandoori-Chicken1-1024x683.jpg (216KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Tandoori-Chicken1-1024x683.jpg
216KB, 1024x683px
I am scared of cooking but love the idea of being a master Indian chef.
So in my spare time I come up with ideas for yoghurt based marinades for chicken. I am too anxious to actually make them because I feel my parents would judge me but maybe one day when I live alone it will finally happen
I usually think about each one for a day or two, I have a couple of hundred ideas so far.
>>
File: marinades.png (46KB, 883x494px) Image search: [Google]
marinades.png
46KB, 883x494px
>>34332307
pic is some of my marination ideas, any chefs here welcome to use them.
>>
>>34332312
Some of these seem pretty out there. I'm intensely curious as to how they taste. If your parents are away for a while, please do make some and report back.
>>
>>34332303
Yeah, I guess I'm having a creative problem too. Every time I think of something I eventually realize I was subliminally ripping something off or that it's just a shit idea.
>>
>>34332346
Maybe try looking somewhere really out there for inspiration? I remember reading about a dev who used zen gardens as the inspiration for a 2d side scrolling shooter.

Also, I am going to fall alseep pretty quick. If the thread is still up in about 6 or 7 hours, I'll reply to everyone. Night anons!
>>
>>34332428
alright, i'm going to bed too. keep the thread alive for me please
>>
>>34330660
>I'm making a game where AIs fight in a Battle Royale under crazy, impossible conditions

If you don't apply neural nets so the AI could learn your project will be a waste of time
>>
A story I have made up in my mind since I was 14.
Each day I spend like an hour or two thinking about it while listening to music.
7 years later I'm still not confident enough to start writing it down, even thought I have thought about 3 very distinct acts, spawning their own very distinct arcs and staging more than 30ish capital characters.

Making my comic about it is in the top of my bucket list but I'm too much of a trash to actually get serious about drawing stuff.
>>
File: 0_toilets.jpg (64KB, 366x409px) Image search: [Google]
0_toilets.jpg
64KB, 366x409px
>>34332307

Are you a poo in loo or just a poo-a-boo?
>>
>>34330848
I would be very surprised if there wasn't real money to be made in functional guns from games, TV etc. Especially if you can make them to order. Maybe make an Etsy if you can put shit like that on there.
>>
There's an irc channel for robots that know programming.

#r9kprog @ rizon
>>
>>34332960
help an idiot like me learn programming
>>
>>34330660
Make sure employ different sword styles aswell for even more variety and character

>szabla style is the best style
>>
File: 1485021833522.jpg (74KB, 623x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485021833522.jpg
74KB, 623x640px
>trying to draw better for my neo-noir manga kino
>>
>>34330660
>im going to d this
>and im going to do that
>and im going to do that too
>words
>words
>wordswordswords
you know what op? im making my own game and it has everything your game has lus my dad can beat up your dad
>>
I'm making a fantasy world for a new roleplaying system that I'll never play.
>>
>>34330660
i like making 3d characters but i still dont know enough coding to make games
hell im going to start college to learn how to code in a couple moths, i should be prepping now
>>
File: images (5).jpg (9KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
9KB, 263x191px
/Mu/tant cancerfinn reporting. Planning to start working on a neofolk/bluesrock Project after I get proper recording equipment with My state sponsored neetbux. Maybe Even get a vocal coach since i have really ugly Voice.
Might never Even happen. Im usually never Happy with My musical work ever and tend to leave them either unfinished or scrapped. I also have a nationalromanticism/traditionalism psychosis So I most likely Sony have anyone Else than you anons to show this
>>
>>34335017
Also forgot to mention that I also have a /Pol/ related meme-tier album under some work, though I guess it wont Be finished in a long time
>>
>>34330725
that sounds fucking awesome
>>
>>34332490
Don't worry, I've already looked into it and want to use them. The problem is I have no clue how to interface something like Tensorflow with game maker.
>>34332706
Tell me about your story anon. You had better write it down eventually, 30 characters is far too much to keep in your head.
>>34332960
Might join, is it active?
>>34333746
Szabla style? Never heard of it. There will be many styles though, at the moment I'm taking their inspiration Star Wars lightsaber fighting schools.
>>34334076
Um, alright. I don't really understand your issue here.
>>34334145
I hate to use stupid platitudes but sometimes the journey is more important than the destination. Doesn't matter if you ever play the world, as long as you have fun making it.
>>34334242
Just be patient anon, the class will likely teach you everything you need to know. Then you can go ahead and create whatever you wish.
>>34335017
Don't worry about your voice. A good EQ, some vocal exciters and an autotune with some attack can work wonders.
>>34332996
I could probably give you a bit of help, depending on your chosen language. Do you have skype?
>>
>>34336762
A lot of medieval combat styles - longsword and so on - incorporated a lot of grappling, with and without the weapon for leverage. Pls include. I should think you could look to HEMA manuals for this information. A lot of diagrams exist from a few sources at that time.
>>
>>34330848
there's nothing autistic in that, anon-kun
>>
>>34336908
I'll make sure to include it. The name HEMA sounds familiar, I'll look up the manuals.
The problem with a grappling style is that if an AI puts too much time into training it, they get destroyed by guns even harder than regular swordfighters. I'm not sure how to balance this, it will take some hard thinking.
>>
>>34337097
What kind of guns? Modern-ish stuff or some old flintlocks?
>>
>>34337161
Mainly modern to near future guns. You'll see the occasional flintlock or six-shooter, but only because the owners are a) partial to them and b) have overhauled them completely to be at least as good as modern stuff
>>
>>34330766
Kingdom Come:Deliverance is coming out soon and is basically this.
>>
>>34337280
how's a swordfighter supposed to beat those?
>>
>>34337370
Fight in close quarters, get powers that shield you temporarily as you get in range or allow you to teleport to your opponent, and occasionally a bored god will outlaw ranged weaponry, screwing everyone but swordfighters and brawlers.
Also, most swords aren't just vanilla longswords, that would be hyper unfair. The one that comes to mind can extend eight feet and is hot enough to melt straight through armor. Others have their own ways to equalize things.
>>
>>34337500
So you can teleport behind people and say "nothing personnel, kid?" before slicing them in half with authentic Japanese steel folded over ten gorillion times?
>>
>>34337500
this sounds badass desu

i'd play it
>>
>>34337950
Assuming they don't have any way of dealing with that, yes.
But if you don't have a way to deal with that, you're probably dead regardless to the environment.
>>34338075
Thanks anon. My personal favorite is the sentient BMW, but the swordfighters are cool too.
>>
>>34338164
>sentient BMW
>>
>>34338248
Good old fashioned ramming and driving over is surprisingly effective vs high tech.
Same with mind games.
>>
>>34338317
but can you get out and start your day of retribution
>>
>>34338341
Only if you ask the car politely
>>
I guess the game I want to make would be an isometric, tactical, squad based shooter.

Typing it out now I realized I just described Xcom, so never mind.
>>
>>34338689
I want basically 7.62 high calibre, but not made by a backwater Russian studio on a shoestring budget and loaded down with more bugs than a soviet-era tenement.
>>
>>34338739
Well unless you have a wealthy relative or something, good luck overcoming the shoestring budget issue. The Unity and Blender communities will probably be your best friend here, there are loads of free assets and guides on making assets out there.
>>
So, does anyone have any good ideas for games?
>>
>>34339190
A naval warfare simulator where you can build your own ships. I imagine first you'd choose the length of your ship, then the width. Then you'd choose where your main battery turrets go and how many, secondary battery, armor thickness, etc. It'd need an accurate armor and ballistics simulation that can work for anything players might make.
>>
>>34339190
An extinct animal theme park simulator that allows you to adjust how scientifically accurate the animals are. For example, you could have the option to give a Raptor feathers or scales. Having the option to compete with other parks for business would be cool too.
>>
>>34339190
Take a Total War game, (Medieval 2 probably best for ideas) and make it 100% customizable. Design your own troops, give them different armor, weapons, nationality, colors. Make a fully customizable Grand Campaign, where the player can create a grand world map and adjust every finite detail such as difficulty, trade, mercanaries, events, religions, pilgramages, factions, etc. Also the player could of course choose wether to start as the largest Empire in the world, surrounded by barbarians who wish the destroy them, or a tiny village of rebels among a hundred others. The entire game would basically be a total war sandbox / build-ur-own-tw game
yeah
>>
Last year, I started writing an idea for a story set in the Jojo universe about an original group of characters. I actually thought out all (or nearly all) the stand ideas too, but I haven't done anything with it since then. I would like to start writing again, just to do some random stuff.
>>
>>34330725
Can we see one?
Pretty please?
>>
im making a hotline miami styled map in portal

no pics bc mobilefag
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.