[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need to quit video games. How do I do this? They are life sucking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: coach.jpg (86KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
coach.jpg
86KB, 400x300px
Need to quit video games.
How do I do this? They are life sucking wastes of time and I hate them. Has anyone ever quit?
>>
what do you want to do instead? give me specifics.
>>
>>34329921
I quit league addiction and life has improved dramatically. How did I do it? I dunno it just made me hate who I am wasting so much time on a pointless game that was more frustrating than fun. Cutting bsck on marijuana helped as well. Get a new hobby like music etc
>>
>If your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away.
basically remove yourself from the situation as much as you can. sell your consoles and games. if you are on a computer, use linux or mac instead of windows.
>>
>>34329936
Live life. Go to gym, do my school work, read, go outside, cook food, do dishes, just about anything else. I'm so fucking sick of losing 6, 7, 8 hours a day to this shit. It's fucking up my life and getting in the way of shit I need to do.
But I can't bring myself to trash my hardware.
>>
File: 1464021707555.jpg (32KB, 424x640px) Image search: [Google]
1464021707555.jpg
32KB, 424x640px
All you'll do is switch one addiction for another.
>>
>>34330018
Another thing I did to ween myself off was I'd let myself play a bit only after I got some real shit done. And then if I wanted to play more I'd have t do something else first.
>>
>>34330018
start with baby steps. make a program, some daily tasks you want to get done. set some restrictions.

for example
start with reading 1 page a day and after a week move upwards to 2 pages a day.
>>
>>34330059
I'll happily switch video games for reading, or exercise.
And I don't think I will because I've managed to kick every other habit. Video games are my kryptonite.
>>
>>34329921
Why force yourself to give up something you have fun with

I grew out of video games when I was 16 8 years ago and I'm only just now starting to play them again.
>>
Can this meme please end? I'm tired of you dumb uni kids using it. All you did growing up was play games. That's it. That's why you hate them. If you did other things, you'd be sick of those other things. Morons. Everything loses its lustre. You will never get that childhood joy back.
>>
>>34330107
because I'm not a believer in that idiotic "everything that's fun is good" philosophy. I waste entire days playing overwatch and hate myself at the end of it. It is getting in the way of shit I have to do for uni. It's been in the way since high school.

>>34330083
Once I start playing I play for way too long. Don't have the control to shut them off.

>>34330092
One page a day is tantamount to not reading at all. I have tons of reading to do for school.
>>
>>34330154
Oh, and "productive" stuff won't make you happier or smarter either. At best, it'll improve your career opportunities. That's it.
>>
>>34330190
>>34330154
I'm not listening to your stupid ass because you are on this board, so by default you don't know shit about shit, much less what leads to happiness. Stop being intentionally antagonistic.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.