[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many languages do you speak anon? Trying to learn a second

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: flags.jpg (163KB, 729x354px) Image search: [Google]
flags.jpg
163KB, 729x354px
How many languages do you speak anon? Trying to learn a second language and was told I will know for sure I know it, when I dream in the new language? Anyone else experience this?
>>
I speak portuguese (fluent) and english (intermediate). Tried to learn German and Finnish but gave up after a couple weeks.
>>
>>34327134
Was born trilingual, I only dream in English. I have never dreamt in any of my new languages either.
>>
>>34327165
what were you using to learn a new language? anything work better than others? I feel like I didn't shit outta my college classes. IMO translation method doesn't work.
>>
make up a new language with your best friend
>>
>>34327134
If English isn't your native language, it's all you need.

If English is your native language and you're from b0ngland / USA, learn Spanish. If you're a strayan or a NZ cuck, learn Chinese.
>>
Fluent in English, but that's the only language I know how to speak. I'd love to be able to speak German fluently.
>>
>>34327186
you are not born with any language anon, but you mean all three were spoken in your home?
>>
>>34327232
>semantics
You know exactly what I mean. I'm a native trilingual.
>>
>>34327199
Rosetta stone works better than Memrise, I used both.
>>
>>34327302
I have been using Rosetta and it is pretty good, but I am almost finished and I would still feel inadequet to walk up to a chick and start talking to her in her native language. Plus the chicks in the language I am trying to learn talk fucking fast...but maybe that is all chicks in any language, anyone can confirm?
>>
I don't ever recall a specific language appearing in my dreams, but I do randomly switch the language I think in.

I know Finnish , English and I'm learning Russian.
>>
>>34327134
Spanish and English,havent dream in the last but i often think in english
>>
>>34327201
thanks j.r.r. but this is not practical
>>
>>34327414
>havent dream in the last but i often think in english
This. I guess this is what happens when you spend 12 hours a day on 4chan.
>>
>>34327134
I understand Vietnamese and English, although my English is way better

It feels like that I am slowly forgetting my Vietnamese over time
>>
>>34327134
I speak Georgian, English and Russian. I want to learn another language, but can't decide which one.
>>
What is the hottest language/accent on a chick anon?
>>
>>34327134
I speak Polish (native) and English (fluent). I tried learning a third language but it's difficult to keep at it without immersion.
>>
>>34327165
do you know Brazilian Portuguese or European Portuguese?

If you speak European Portuguese, I'd be interested in what resources you used to learn, since Duolingo doesn't have a course, and memrise is pretty vague.
>>
Spanish and English, i tried to learn japanese to read doujinshi and mangas, but i gave up because for reasons i don't remember.
>>
>>34327522
Italian, British-English, and Spanish
>>
>>34327493
>>34327581
I feel like any asian languages are very hard to learn unless you grow up with it. To much in the inflections or the word is completely different meaning.
>>
>>34327691
speaking-wise if you know english, chinese is really simple to learn. korean and japanese on the other hand....
>>
>>34327568
Brazilian Portuguese. European Portuguese is basically the same though, only the pronounce is different and some few words.
>>
>>34327880
my current gf is brazillian and I have been trying to get her to talk to me in her language in the bedroom, but she gets embarrassed and says that she likes using english better. idk...feel like i am missing out...
>>
Mother language is Spanish second one is English, currently learning russian and taking a curse on german. I just too german because I'd rather be dead than take another semester of English
>>
>>34327212
>bongland
>spanish
why
>>
>>34327972
AJAJAJA LA BARCELONA PANTYHO JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA AORA AORA
>>
>>34327584
>English
yes
>British
oh god no
>>
>>34327584
Sto imparando italiano ora.
>>
Just English and Japanese. I've studied other languages to a decent degree in the past, but can't really understand them well at all anymore since I haven't exposed myself to them for so long.
>>
File: 1478807096156.jpg (25KB, 221x228px)
1478807096156.jpg
25KB, 221x228px
>>34327134
Spanish is my native and english is my second lenguage but I have so little interaction irl and I spend so much time in 4chan or consuming english-speaking media that I actually think in english most of the time
>>
>>34327134
2, english and spanish. spanish isn't amazing but i've been taking it for years so I have a decent idea of what I'm doing
took a semester of nip cuz i was bored, seems pretty neat
US btw
>>
File: 1469756092316.jpg (115KB, 460x593px)
1469756092316.jpg
115KB, 460x593px
Brazilian-portuguese is my native language, but I know English and French. Tried to learn Japanese and German but gave up too. Maybe I needed more exposure.
>>
File: jcosta.png (422KB, 461x656px)
jcosta.png
422KB, 461x656px
>>34328242
Does having the brazilian portuguese as you native language take away from the beauty of your women, or make then hotter.
>>
I learned English almost by fucking osmosis. It started with a natural interest for it, trying to understand what those dozens of Sega videogames were telling me to do. I think I also had some big books laying around the house that had some stuff dedicated to basic English. Of course, when I first got into the Internet I got exposed to even more videogames in english, youtube videos in english, an obscure imageboard with an absurd amount of cats and anime that happened to be hilarious and addictive even if quite cancerous, art sites in english and american youtube videos. When I wanted to post, I had to carefully translate with google and it was probably pretty bad. But flashback to today and -I shit you not- I literally think in enlglish, in my mind, half of the time or even more. Spanish is my first language but when I google something I probably do it in english. I have no plans of visiting the US tho, maybe when I'm way older but for now I'm good having the benefits of consuming and tapping into resources that aren't available to most people. And by that I mean lurking the 4chins 24/7. I'm almost 100% sure no latino/spaniard took a special course to spend it on 4chan, so most people here probably had a similar experience.

Basically, if someone asked me how to learn a second language, I'd tell them I have no fucking idea. Tons of exposition and the need for online communication worked for me.
>>
>>34328482
Don't know how to answer this properly, I'm not really into womem.
>>
>>34327287
Wow you still failed to answer his question. Are you sure you know how to speak any language?
>>
>>34328766
Again, you know exactly what I mean. The question wasn't necessary in the first place. Stop wasting my time with this frivolous bs.
>>
>>34328831
Dude fuck off you stupid trilingual monkey. Did you speak the three at home? If you don't answer this then I'll assume you're just some non fluent fucker. Use your words you dumb nigger.
>>
>>34328875
>you stupid trilingual monkey
Monolingual detected. I'm actually a polyglot now, so that's polyglot monkey to you.

>Did you speak the three at home?
As I said, I was born trilingual. That implies that. I was born into a trilingual home. I omit some unnecessary words and you start sperging out even though you know exactly what I mean.
>>
I want to learn Japanese and German but too lazy. Gotta start doing it in small steps
>>
>>34329283
For Japanese, maybe try learning 1 or 2 kana a day? You can always increase it if you feel like it's getting easy for you. If you get Anki there are a lot of decks that can make learning easier for you.
>>
Fluent in three, native speaker of one, intermediate in three more. Learning languages is the best robot activity. Just get a book and get to it, then shitpost on foreign websites to practice
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.