[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies feel the need to take pictures of everything and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: kGPysqj.jpg (56KB, 480x792px) Image search: [Google]
kGPysqj.jpg
56KB, 480x792px
Why do normies feel the need to take pictures of everything and share absolutely everything that they're doing on social media?
>>
>>34318887
this can't be real. I don't believe such normies can exist in this world.
>>
Because it gives purpose to their otherwise meaningless lives
>>
>>34318916
no that's too easy. you could say that about anything at all.
>>
File: mcgee-ambulance-snap-resized.jpg (20KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
mcgee-ambulance-snap-resized.jpg
20KB, 250x419px
>>34318909
Its a common thing.
>>
>>34318887
You realize that this is biased sampling, right? You only see people who post everything online because people who don't post everything online are less visible on the internet.
>>
>>34318967
no. the way she thought uploading all 4 photos was a good idea.

>hehehe we're so cool 180 mph
>aaaah heeelp
>i was in an accident
>>
>>34318909
iirc that's part of a "don't text while driving" campaign

That said, don't underestimate normies, they truly believe they're the center of the universe and that people really care about them
>>
>>34318887
Because they're fucking narcissists.

I'm sure the next fucking law that is passed will allow people to marry their own fucking reflections.

Literally the cancer of our society.
>>
File: 1483574590601.jpg (206KB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
1483574590601.jpg
206KB, 1200x795px
Repeal the 19th amendment.
>>
>>34318951
Well, that's because that's what everything is. Either getting hedonistic pleasure, or finding some semblance on meaning in it.
>>
>>34319117
it is still very superficial.
>>
>>34319091
i swear to god if this picture is real
what the fuck happened to people?
it used to be enough just to be able to say "I was there" with a photo - now you have to have your ugly ass fucking face in that photo too?
>>
>>34319117
You might as well say "everything is atoms" that's how flat you're being right now
>>
>>34319194
they all think they are the star in some television show.
>>
>>34318887
It gives them the illusion of someone being interested in them, someone who watches them, someone whos "there"
yet (in most cases) they couldnt be more alone
>>
>>34319036
You're wrong, it really happened

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/04/28/lawsuit-blames-snapchat-for-107-mph-crash-in-mercedes-caused-by-teen-girl-using-speed-filter/
>>
>>34319194
Social Media. Its why all of a sudden everyone has a political opinion and they gotta argue over it and if you have a different opinion to theirs they have to make their opinion known. Hence why there's such political division these days and why there's so many protests and such when other elections didn't have that shit.

Social Media was built on "Your opinions matter and HAVE to be known" so that normies would use the platform more. But now it's embedded in them.
>>
>>34319137
>>34319202
Well, do you expect me to write a thesis on why normies take photos?
>>
>>34319194
>it used to be enough just to be able to say "I was there" with a photo
You can download photos of places, idiot
The only proof you have is your physical presence

In the age of information, everyone needs to verify everything. You're an anonymous asshole, so nobody believes anything you say or do unless you have proof, you should know that by now

Anyone can paste a photo into anywhere and say "I've experienced this", but people will automatically believe you if you are there in the picture

Don't be so god damn stupid
>>
>>34319091
wow, every single woman is taking a selfie and every single man is actually paying attention
>>
>>34319867

Its easier than ever to post yourself in the pic too
>>
File: 1484101694555.jpg (57KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1484101694555.jpg
57KB, 500x380px
>>34318887
I think it's a form of validation desu. Before normiechat nd kikegram everything was pretty much a Polaroid, a memory, and a story. Nowadays, being at an event, or even doing something is not considered meaningful unless you let other people know what you're doing. It's fucking cancerous if you ask me, because to me all that matters is that I was there, I lived it, I have the memory. People busting out their phones for fucking trivial things is so triggering. It's even worse that my fucking gf does this shit. Should've seen this coming desu.
>>
>>34318887
they are so hollow that to them if people do not see what they experience, they might as well not have experienced it.
being a robot sucks pretty bad, but at least most of us can enjoy some things whether people know that we did or not.
>>
File: 1464551672764.png (628KB, 478x604px) Image search: [Google]
1464551672764.png
628KB, 478x604px
>>34319091
I am so fucking happy Trump is president and that all those whores got btfo.
>>
>>34318887
they cannot construct thier own advanced soieties in thier midns, they need to use communication with other people to establish thier posistion in the previaliing zietgeist to have the socially reciprical identity needed to believe they exist
>>
>>34321132
Its went from taking pictures to remember an event to taking pictures to show you were part of an event.
>>
>>34318887

It's called fear of missing out, basically they feel unless they share everything they're doing they're invisible to the rest of the world and don't exist
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.