[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to your childhood friends? Are you still friends

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: yes.jpg (15KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
15KB, 500x372px
What happened to your childhood friends? Are you still friends with any of them?
>>
File: 1355129537841.jpg (64KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1355129537841.jpg
64KB, 633x758px
>>34318603

>tfw had no childhood friends
>>
>>34318603
Had 6 friends throughout childhood everyone of them moved after being my friend for 2 years max my last friend died after being my best friend for 4 years
>>
>>34318603
2 close ones from elementary school and 4 from highschool.
I guess its not really childhood friends considering im just 22
>>
I had good friends in school but lost them all during the years. Recently I saw a friend I made when I was in like 11 (I'm 22 now). He didn't remember my name. Awkward.
>>
by freshman year of high school they decided I was too much of a loser to be their friend and started acting like I wasn't there
>>
File: 1473998548031.jpg (27KB, 560x458px) Image search: [Google]
1473998548031.jpg
27KB, 560x458px
I only had 3 significant childhood friends, two of them were brothers.

One moved away and got his own place, but I still see the other one occasionally.

I haven't seen the third kid in years. I'm pretty sure he still lives in the same house not too far away, but idk if he even remembers me.
>>
>>34318603
MOTHERFUCKING HOGS OF WAR

>rip rik mayall
>>
>>34318739
truly one of the greatest games ever made. I loved picking a team full of medics and perma-sleeping my friend's pigs.
>>
>>34318654
>my last friend died after being my best friend for 4 years

Sorry to hear that anon. What happened, if you don't mind me asking?

One of my childhood friends from elementary school died in a car accident a few years ago, I was watching the news when I saw a picture of him on TV.

I wasn't able to go to his funeral because I didn't have a ride, still feel guilty about it.
>>
>>34318603
Had about 4 friends my whole time growing up, one became a bully, two I just kinda drifted away from.

And the last I'm still friends with technically, we go to the same college and still see each other regularlly on campus, but I've kinda distanced myself. He started smoking once we got to uni and now he's every "dude weed lmao" stereotype ever, he has to work weed into every conversation even if it has absolutely no relevance and pretend to be depressed when he doesn't have any, he's honestly become the most annoying fuck I know. If I wasn't so fucking lonely and starved for attention I'd probably cut ties with him completely.
>>
>>34318738
Why did you stop talking to the third?
>>
Most of them became normies that I increasingly had little in common with and I drifted away from them throughout middle and high school. Most of them left for college elsewhere.
>>
>>34318603
>childhood friends

lol normie detected
>>
I have a school friend for fucking 7 years.
when we hit 17 he started meeting girls and other normies, i was to autistic to this
we always said we are friends for ever. no homo

im now 22 and i met him in a shop, he was with a group of friends, he said hello and we chated for a while. he said we must meet to drink someting and he will chat me on facebook. obviously he didnt
>>
>>34318987
My parents got divorced, ended up moving back and forth between different cities and states.

I guess we just lost contact for a while. I live pretty close to his house now, which is on the street I grew up on.

He's really nice and I'd like to talk to him again, but I'm moving to a different state in April so reconnecting with him seems kind of pointless.
>>
>>34318603
Ditched them after two of them "hacked" my game account, stole all my shit and got me banned after all I've done for them. I have protected them from being bullied all those years since they were weebs yet this is how the repayed me.
>>
File: 1345663369102.jpg (104KB, 339x360px) Image search: [Google]
1345663369102.jpg
104KB, 339x360px
>implying friends when child
>>
>burned a whole school-tier bridge of friends because parents took me away from it when i was in 10th grade [ was age 17 ] because it was too childish. was the school clown.
cannot talk to them again because they have changed.
>>
>>34318603

I had 4 close ones, one works for Costco, another is a plumber, one is a security guard, and the last one works for government. He's probably the most successful out of us, also he was gay, caught me off guard
>>
>>34318603
the few people that i could actually consider friends and weren't just acquaintances moved away but they tried to contact me over the internet but i intentionally cut contact with them
i just want to be alone nowadays
>>
No. Moved so much that I never had a chance to make long lasting friends. Now my mother wonders why I don't bother making friends or have any furniture. Should be obvious.
>>
>>34319263
Usually I find the one who you suspect being gay never does. You know, the one that always did gay shit when you were younger. It's always the one who was more reserved I guess, makes sense, probably didn't wanna be caught out.
>>
File: mfw450.gif (645KB, 969x700px) Image search: [Google]
mfw450.gif
645KB, 969x700px
>>34318603
Nope, lost them all. Even lost all my internet friends recently. Never thought I'd be in this position. All I have no is 4chan all day erry day. Sucks.
>>
>>34318603

I moved around a lot until I was 12. I don't know what happened to my first set of friends when I was 8, except one, he works at Microsoft I think and has a gold digger for a gf.
The second set was my favorite, bunch of south americans and eastern yuros, but I stopped talking to the brazilian who was my best friend a couple years after we moved.
Third set was really only two, and I still hang out with one of them intermittently 11 years later.
Fourth set was a bunch of home schooled kids, made my bff there, been talking every day for 10 years.
Lastly was the group I met at CC 5 years ago. Had 2 I was close with, drifted away after 2-3 years.

This doesn't include any online friends though, one of whom I met around 10-11 years ago and still text occasionally

So from each era of my life I usually walk away with 1 or 2 that I'll stay friends with for several years
>>
>be 5 years old
>meet other 5 year old kid across alley
>his dad manages entire apartment complex across alley
>we run around the complex, to the park, both of our houses
>find out we're going to be going to school together
>awesome
>he's smaller than most kids
>trips a lot
>defend him from bullies, help him get back up
>start having sleepovers
>his dad spoils the hell out of him- he has an entire room to himself, one of those remote control robot butlers, all the up-to-date vidya consoles, etc
>one day his dad tells me my buddy's sick and that they're all happy that I'm his friend and help him out
>being dumb kid, shrug and figure that of course I help my friend out
>friend isn't able to walk up stair anymore, kind of has to do this weird climbing thing on all fours
>stops being able to run around and play tag
>eight years old, and begins to need a cane
>cane becomes crutches
>crutches become wheelchair
>he has to move to more wheelchair accessible house
>we're still best friends- his dad basically drives me over there whenever we'd like at the drop of a hat
>start noticing how many pills my friend takes with meals- empties a pill box thrice a day
>spend most of our time torturing furbies, playing vidya, assembling bionicles and lego
>sometimes we go on a walk/roll around his neighborhood
>10 years old
>start developing feels
>try to suppress
>his dad's dragging us along on some errands
>in car alone
>confess
>he's been feeling the same way
>kiss
>>
>>34319474

This went in a very strange direction
>>
>>34319474
>continue doing our best friend stuff but sometimes give each other awkward pecks on the lips and cheeks
>move to another school
>spend a lot less time together
>start arguing about shit when we do hang out- like how he kept his pet turtle in a gross cage and fed him improperly
>in new school
>reading some gay little coming of age novel
>character's brother has muscular dystrophy
>my friend has muscular dystrophy
>character dies because the heart is a fucking muscle and muscular dystrophy is fucking fatal
>put pieces together
>my wheelie bf is going to be dead within a handful of years
>nobody thought to tell me that
>lose my shit
>distance myself from friend
>terrified of watching him die
>11 years old
>he calls me and "breaks up"
>says we should still hang out
>tell him to never talk to me again and hang up
>2014
>check facebook junk folder
>spam from Pajeets
>also a heartfelt letter
>he apologizes and says he's been keeping tabs on me- thinks what I've been up to looks cool
>has been living a few years "past expiration date" even pushing himself to get a degree in graphic design
>would like to meet up for coffee sometime and catch up
>visit his page
>"in memoriam of ______"
I'm sorry.
>>
They all went to university and i basically never spoke to them. Met up with a few of them like 2 years ago as they came knocking on my house. Think they regretted it because they realized that i was an absolute loser who still lives in the same shitty town. Went out with them once and haven't seen or talked to any of them since.
>>
>>34318603
>tfw had childhood friends
>tfw drifted away the moment I started becoming a mute in middleschool
>tfw cant ""reconnect" with them and too scared to try for fear that we wont pick up where we left off and theyll reject me too

now i just hope to god i never see them again. i just dont want them or anyone to see me like this, id rather be "dead" to them in a sense but remembered for how i was.
>>
My childhood friends was my next door neighbour, then a kid who'd come to see his grandmother who lived next door on the other side. Then my cousin, my cousin's next door neighbour who also went to my school, another guy from school who I guess was my "best friend" in school. Then whenever I stayed at my grandmothers I played with the kid next door and his brother, then also some ginger kid and also another kid and his brother.

When I started secondary school I lost all those friends, every single one of them. I also moved away the year before so I lost my neighbour friends. Stopped going to my grandmothers the year I started secondary school, lost those friends. Only ones that went to my school was my cousin who was in my final year, and their neighbour who became a normie.

When I was 17 I reunited with my old school friend from online though, but he moved away when he was 19 so we only spent like 2 years together, but we still talk online.

Have no idea what the rest are doing except my cousin who is married and we never talk.
>>
File: sk1426890959734.png (232KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
sk1426890959734.png
232KB, 404x404px
Not friends with any of my real childhood friends, no. The main one is a blindingly hot kickboxer, and among the two "secondary" ones are a law student and a music teacher, respectively. Elementary schools aren't that big here, so you just become friends with whoever.
I do still have two of my high school friends, though.
>>
File: bojo.png (431KB, 559x497px) Image search: [Google]
bojo.png
431KB, 559x497px
Y.
>He becomed a drug addict chad.

N.
>He becomed a drug addict chad.
>>
My best friend got cancer when he was 9 and died when he was 13. Worst thing to ever happen to me. Never really got more friends after that and was depressed for over a year.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.