[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't the pills ever help, it's like the depression

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

Why don't the pills ever help, it's like the depression evolves around them
>>
you need more

t. 450mg/day welly here
>>
>>34317510
Try MDMA. Cured my depression overnight.
>>
The herbal jew is much better and more wholesome than the pharmaceutical jew
>>
They didn't work for me either. They made me worse and I was too fucked up on them to realize, went down a dark path on psych meds.
>>
>>34317510

what is wellbutrin's mode of action?
>>
Convince them you've got ADD and get Adderall, works wonders mate.
>>
>>34317510
Now the drugs don't work
They just make you worse
But I know I'll see your face again

Yeah, I know I'll see your face again
>>
>>34317707
OP here: It's a seratonin receptor
>>
>>34317510
eating healthy food has actually helped much more than I thought it would
>>
In a sense, it does. Your body builds up a tolerance over time just like with any drug and you'll just be taking stronger and stronger doses until it's not medically safe to do so anymore.
>>
>>34317707

Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor
>>
>>34317510
It took me ~9 years to learn that unfortunately. Medicating to solve chemical imbalance is kinda using a nuke to kill one man. Yeah you might kill the man but that's just incidental to the massive amount of collateral damage you caused in the process.

These kinds of meds have tons of side effects if you ever bothered to look up the full lists.
>>
you should try modafinil. guaranteed to get your up and doing everything you want to do.
>>
>>34317626
>>34317627
I get bad reactions to drugs, because of the antidepressants, weed pretty much makes me trip balls, I've never had molly though
>>
>>34318198
though it won't tell you what you want to do. you have to have a purpose and objective to work towards before you take it.
>>
>>34317510
You need to have a higher dosage and/or make lifestyle changes in addition to addressing any external or internal issues that could be the source of the depression.

Unless your depression is 100% a chemical imbalance just taking pills will not solve your problems.

t. also 450mg a day + lithium + abilify + propranolol + therapy once a week with a competent psychologist + dramatic lifestyle changes over the last 7 years
>>
>>34317510
SSRIs all just meme scams, try becoming a heavy drinker.
>>
Wellbutrin is an atypical antidepressant. It is a norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitor and a nicotinic antagonist. It does not significantly affect the serotonin receptors. It is also used as a nicotine cessation aid. Since it does not affect the serotonin receptors, many people take it with an SSRI such as Prozac. You might like to ask your doctor about this if your current dosage isn't working for you. Adding an SSRI can be safer than a higher dose of Wellbutrin because a possible side-effect of Wellbutrin is seizures. I take Wellbutrin and Prozac.
>>
Alcohol is a depressant, and so would not work for depression relief. It does increase dopamine levels, but Wellbutrin also does this. Many people find marijuana effective, but due to former president Nixon's inability to consider opinions contrary to his own, such as the research he paid for, study of marijuana's medical uses is about 50 years behind where it ought to be.

There is some recent scientific evidence that regular sub-hallucinatory microdoses of psilocybin or LSD can help with depression. Microdosing salvia may also be helpful. If you're going to use drugs to cope with depression, I recommend a drug from the hallucinogen family such as marijuana or the others I mentioned, not alcohol. Also, quitting smoking and other stimulants is very helpful for reducing depression because stimulants increase anxiety symptoms.
>>
Lithium is prescribed for manic depressive disorder, not depression. Lithium is not recommended for depression treatment. The theraputic dose of lithium is quite close to the lethal dose, so an accidental overdose such as an accidental second dose can be harmful or dangerous. Therefore, lithium should be avoided if possible.
>>
>>34317510
Perhaps because your "depression" is rational and drugs don't change the world around you?

Once I realized this truth, I quit taking antidepressants and seeing psychologists/psychiatrists. Complete waste of time. Perhaps you may consider doing the same?

Also, be aware that Wellbutrin can give you seizures. It made mine happen more frequently.
>>
>>34320325
>assholes
I'm just by myself so i'm depressed asshole.
>>
>>34320349
It was the only picture related to depression I could find. I still stand by what I said. Unless something is legitimately wrong with you neurologically, It's probably your unideal environment (if not lifestyle) that's making you depressed. In which case it's only rational and logical of you to feel depressed.

Mind altering drugs may change that in the short term, but only because they're fucking you up in the head.
>>
>>34320449
....and I feel like posting a picture....for no real reason..
>>
>>34320449
I'm trying to attend psychoanalysis therapy but it takes way too long and costs too much. Eventually i'll run out of cash.
>>
File: Breakfast 2.png (53KB, 364x323px) Image search: [Google]
Breakfast 2.png
53KB, 364x323px
>>34320513
Maybe you should sped that money on hookers instead.

...or at least something else you can enjoy and make you happy. Maybe a old sports car or a motorcycle. Go to a shooting range and punch some holes in paper targets.

What shit have you not tried that you would like to? If you have money to waste on psych therapy, you probably have money you could waste on other shit.
>>
>>34320803
That's all short term happiness at best
At least with therapy he would get the tools to pursue real lasting happiness
>>
File: 9937662.jpg (54KB, 385x257px) Image search: [Google]
9937662.jpg
54KB, 385x257px
Just try sardine therapy, OP. Works wonders for me.
>>
>>34320803
I wish that material things would fill that hole but they cant.
>>
File: r9k-reaction-wojakmoment.jpg (32KB, 300x562px) Image search: [Google]
r9k-reaction-wojakmoment.jpg
32KB, 300x562px
>>34320831
>>34320914
Then perhaps what you need is friends if not family. Is a wife and kids an option at all for you?

Drugs aren't going to do anything other than distort your perception of reality, which is not going to go away.
>>
Doctors don't usually say that antidepressants fix depression entirely. They reduce the severity of depression to make it easier for the patient to make necessary lifestyle adjustments. They do work long-term, and they only work long-term. Fixing depression is a very slow process that takes months or years. For a lot of us, it never really goes away, and you just have to manage it. I like to think of depression as being similar to diabetes, high blood pressure, or other chronic conditions that are treated with medication and lifestyle changes.

People will tell you that it's just all in your head, or that it's just a mental game that you can win by thinking differently. Well no shit. Of course it's all in your head, and you need to think differently. Antidepressants help you to think differently. Your brain is a physical object, and your thoughts consist of arrangements and interactions of matter within this object. This makes depression a physical problem. It should not be surprising that a physical substance such as a medication can assist with that problem.
>>
File: wtf_is_that.gif (1MB, 375x154px) Image search: [Google]
wtf_is_that.gif
1MB, 375x154px
>>34317707
>>34317772 (WRONG)
It's a dopamine / norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Bupropion is to Ritalin what Ritalin is to Adderal. I've NEVER seen Bupropion as the primary therapy for depression, ONLY as an adjunct to another drug (usually an SSRI).

All it really does is help with low energy (and quitting smoking).
>>
>>34317510
Just remember not to take more than double the dose or you will get seizures or die a slow painful death.
>>
File: 1443487549610.jpg (56KB, 926x960px) Image search: [Google]
1443487549610.jpg
56KB, 926x960px
What you fuckers need to realize is that SSRIs work by preventing your body from being able to easily metabolise serotonin.

Now, if your depression stems largely from a deficiency in serotonin, this is a good thing. Your body will continue to produce serotonin, but less of it will be reabsorbed.

However, if your depression stems from something else (such as other deficiencies, or "more legitimate" reasons to be depressed), then your body will merely decrease serotonin production in order to balance out the decreased rate at which serotonin is removed. This can take anywhere from a few days, to a few months to happen. But your body will always try to keep a healthy level of serotonin. This is why for people with more severe depression, SSRIs have next to no effect, but on people with less severe depression, SSRIs usually work. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter, afterall. Too much serotonin is highly lethal.

Alcohol, on the other hand, has a much more potent effect on severe depression. You see, while SSRIs "add" to your body in hopes of fixing what is missing, alcohol will "remove" from your body. SSRIs are designed to fix a problem, where as alcohol is there to remove the problem.

TL;DR:
If SSRIs dont work, try other anti-depressants. If they don't work, start boozing.
>>
>>34317510
>Wellbutrin
It works fine for me but I'm still a lonely beta bitchboy.

I've also been having far more existential crises as of late.
>>
>>34318198
I was on both Wellbutrin and Modafinil for a while, it helped me out but I wasn't noticing any significant difference. I went off both (which was a HUGE mistake btw) and now I'm back on I think like 300mg Wellbutrin.

I feel better but I think the modafinil actually was helping a lot more than I thought.
>>
>>34323467

Tfw moda/armoda is the shit for depression functionality

Expensive as fuck

Have to buy from India
>>
>>34322953
bullshit I took 600 mg Prozac @ once
>>
>>34320173
>alcohol is a depressant, and so would not work for depression relief
Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant, meaning it dampens the electrical pulses through your body, it does not make you depressed (well it makes your mood more volatile so it can). Though you're right it isn't good for depression in long doses, but getting a good buzz or drunk on after a lousy once in a while could have therapeutic benefits. More you drink though, it will actually make you stressed to not drink and then you'll drink just to get back to being regular, and then even more to get that same feeling, making it very unhealthy.
>>
>>34323887
And?

What's your point? Doesn't mean I'm wrong.
>>
>>34322063
Taking it with Lamotrigine. It's somewhat effective. I've lost a lot of weight with Wellbutrin which I'm happy about.
Honestly I'm ok with it because I get to take all kinds of hallucinogenic/dissassociative/whatever else drugs I want with no interference. LSD, MDMA, shrooms, weed etc. have given me new life.
>>
File: 1483398294805.jpg (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1483398294805.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
>>34317510
I stopped taking them but I snort them from time to time
>>
>>34317726
yeah, unfortunately it wears off pretty quick. 20mg will last you about three hours
>>
>>34321222
>is a wife and kids an option for you?
>on /r9k/
>>
If you're intelligent then you literally cannot overcome depression. You're stuck like this for life.

Normies sometimes dabble in depression, but they get over it because they never experienced the existential type of depression that smart people deal with.

The only way to overcome depression would be if you literally have a spiritual experience where you encounter Jesus or some shit like that. Otherwise we're fucked.
>>
>>34324485
get XRs then, those things last like 8 hours
>>
>>34324704
This. I'm just waiting for my parents to die so that I can kill myself with peace of mind.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.