[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello fellows, so this might be a long shot, but I found out

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1453435300144.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453435300144.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Hello fellows,
so this might be a long shot, but I found out today that due to my IQ I qualify as gifted.
Now my 2nd semester in uni is about to start but I feel like a massive underachiever now, due to my laziness.
I always had above average grades but they were never excellent.
Is there any way I could turn this shit around and maybe still get into an elite university?
Is anyone (or has been) in a similar situation?
What do I do?
I'm in an existential crisis yet again, and I want to use the potential I have especially since I'm a failure in most other aspects of life already.
Please help
>>
How much do you like spending time alone, in seclusion?
>>
>>34315778
why are you asking? depends on what i am doing but i can deal with it
>>
>>34315864
To answer your primary question.

Let me rephrase:
Do you often prefer to stay alone, likely doing nothing, to being productive at the cost of having to interact with other people?
>>
>>34315952
yeah, i'm very timid
>>
>>34315952
but i like being around people do, either is fine for me, i'm willing to sacrifice
>>
>>34315999
I was just asking to determine whether you're a schizoid or not, or how much of a schizoid you are. Basing off your first post and you being on r9k there's a somewhat high chance. Google/wikipedia the term so you can self-diagnose yourself.

Also just know that success in a capitalist society (aka wealth, power, recognition, etc.) are all illusions and won't lead you to true happiness. If you're in an existential crisis, learn to love yourself first. When you do, you will soon realize how much of your "self" is really implanted on you by the will of others. When you do, you will be able to rid yourself of others' will and be able to finally live life as YOU want to.

Don't do things because it's the norm. Don't do things because it's a convention. Don't do things because it is expected of you.
Do things because they make you happy.
>>
>>34316172
thanks, that's actually great advice!
I googled it, and some of the stuff definitely applies but I'm not really lonely by choice rather than because of anxiety issues. I will try working on that I suppose, you might be right about achievements not leading to happiness, but I just like being in an intellectual environment
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.